Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

They'll likely only give us the halfway results, same as the last two years.

Oh well. At least it is better than nothing. I guess my first 3 or 4 votes will just go towards Awakening Anna.

Part of me wants to vote for Alm because he has a realistic shot at winning, part wants to vote for my actual favorites, part of me wants to vote for my favorites not in the game, and part wants to vote for Eliwood and Seliph because they need love and aren't completely unlikely to win. Guess for right now, I'll go with Mila for now.

Also, no Gustav or Henriette. This is a travesty! On a more serious note, still no Levail, really? He wasn't an insignificant character.

10 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

Hell yeah it's Futurama. I can't help but think of Chrom as Bender but less snarky since his way of life is "We'll show you our peaceful ways by force" before and after Emm dies.

TLDR: Yes

I never saw that. Probably because I haven't seen Futurama in a long time. But now I'm picturing drunk Chrom telling Grima to bite his shiny metal ass.

6 minutes ago, KongDude said:

No because that'd actually be dope as heck too

Indeed. CYL Marth will be great no matter what he is and is not wearing, though. Though I kinda hope he doesn't bring another Falchion.

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

Gonna let the Saint King get his first alt!

...Which one is that?

Also, took several tries, but vote 1 has gone to Ranulf. Not a chance he'll win, but here's hoping he places decently enough to get in on Farfetched 3.0.

Thinking about this more...

CYL1 was always going to be Ike, Lyn, and Lucina. Marth might've beaten Roy if he hadn't been split.

For CYL2, Hector, Ephraim and Celica were locks. Hector and Ephraim were the most popular male characters in the fanbase, and Celica was new(ish) with Echoes recently coming out, plus being well received for multiple reasons. Veronica probably was a good guess too since original Heroes characters weren't available otherwise yet besides the core three.

CYL3 will be much more difficult to guess at. They've made alts for most of the popular characters by now: 3 Marth, 4 Chrom, 4 Eirika, 3 each M/F Corrin, 3 each M/F Robin, fuggin' 6 Camilla, 4 Azura. 

I'd guess that Marth, Reinhardt, Chrom and maybe Bruno will compete for males. Also probably Alm since he doesn't have an alt.

I'm less sure of females but probably Eirika, Loki, and Fjorm will probably do pretty well. Maybe Micaiah. Maaaaybe Azura and fCorrin, if everyone doesn't hate Fates by now.

Edited by dmurr

1 minute ago, Midnox said:

I’m not expecting Laegjarn to win, but I’m voting for her anyway

Keep voting for her though! Once the half way results are in, if she got a decent chance to win, I may join you and send her the rest of my votes.

Other than Annas, I am mostly rooting for Laegjarn, Laevatein, Loki, Camilla, Sharena, Azura, and F!Robin. If none of the Annas make it, I will mostly be picking one of them, and I think at least Loki got a decent chance at winning. Not sure about Camilla though since she just got her sixth alt.

6 minutes ago, dmurr said:

Thinking about this more...

CYL1 was always going to be Ike, Lyn, and Lucina. Marth might've beaten Roy if he hadn't been split.

For CYL2, Hector, Ephraim and Celica were locks. Hector and Ephraim were the most popular male characters in the fanbase, and Celica was new(ish) with Echoes recently coming out, plus being well received for multiple reasons. Veronica probably was a good guess too since original Heroes characters weren't available otherwise yet besides the core three.

Ephraim actually wasn't a lock. I think Marth had a realistic shot at beating him if his votes weren't split then.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Ephraim actually wasn't a lock. I think Marth had a realistic shot at beating him if his votes weren't split then.

It wasn't just a possibility, if Marth's votes weren't split he would have placed second. Hector was a guarantee but it was a little surprising just how close Eph and Mar-Mar(once you include both games) were. 

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, they were though. I'd say that predictably kept Marth out of the top 2 for males, even though ultimately he was only ~2K shy of Ephraim's votes. He'll probably win now, though, if not purely for this reason.

Only voting for Awakening Anna this time around unless it looks like Chrom or Eirika has a chance at midterm results but I am hoping to see Linde, Camus and the Whitewing sisters rank higher this time thanks to the merging votes system. And if Marth and Alm are the winners for CYL3 it would be great to see Marth wielding Wing Spear while riding a Pegasus and hopefully they could do something unique for Alm and give him something besides a sword. Though I think Chrom and Reinhardt also have the potential to secure a spot for the male side of CYL3. Don't really care who secures top 2 for the female side unless it's Eirika.

5 minutes ago, Jave said:

If the Combined Characters page is 100% accurate, then after all these years, we finally have confirmation...

Danved is most definitely not Devdan.

Wait, what page is that?

Now we'll truly see just how tired everyone is of the fates alts. If everyone is really so tired of alts, I don't want to see a single Fates or Awakening character in top 20. Tired of Camilla? If she wins CYL3 you get a 7th one. A 7TH ONE.

Threw a vote to Marth. Don't really care this time around. Let the man win.

16 minutes ago, Jave said:

If the Combined Characters page is 100% accurate, then after all these years, we finally have confirmation...

Danved is most definitely not Devdan.

Well; it would be the same case as Selena; where they avoid mixing characters with different identities despite actually being the same person.