Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the alts, Eirika will get a significant boost from Ephraim's voters; not to mention she was also 'cheated' in the last CYL. It's time for her to win and complete the pair. My votes? Well of course for her and Micaiah! 

On another note, IS has basically shot down Camilla's chance to win, at least for this year. Please don't make me lose my faith in you FE community. 

1 minute ago, Syllabear said:

On another note, IS has basically shot down Camilla's chance to win, at least for this year. Please don't make me lose my faith in you FE community. 

I have faith that she won't win. I voted for dierdre. I swear she and Julia are almost always in the same banner, and when I try for dierdre I always. I mean always. pull Julia. And Julia pity broke me RRRARGH. i'll never get Nailah as a free to play now.

I'm curious what will happen to Selkie's votes. She did get skipped over, but now that beasts are a thing, she and the others will clearly be added soon. Which should satisfy people who voted for her in hopes of her getting into the game, but who knows, maybe some of them really do want to push her all the way to the top. And who knows how many people won't be confident she'll get in soon, with all the times when Heroes has taken a while to add something despite obvious reasons to do so eventually and people say they hate it and will never add it and then they do add it, just as expected, just not as soon as people thought.

Looking back at CYL2, if we assume the 3DS beasts will be taken care of soon, the top characters not yet in the game (using combined votes) are:

1. Ranulf (6,312)
  2. Haar (4,784)
  3. Lethe (4,186)
  4. Jill (3,854)
  5. Charlotte (3,521)
  6. Ilyana (3,485)
  7. Awakening Anna (3,446)
  8. Bruno (3,403)

So any of them that maintain their votes and don't end up on some other banner's lineup should be particularly strong candidates for the next Farfetched Heroes. Of course, given that it's mostly packed with Tellius characters, I do think there are good odds that we'll get another Tellius banner with several of them anyway in the meantime.

Voted once for Hicks and again for Alm. I just want hicks to not be the least popular character. He deserves better. Also, give me dong Alm or give me death.

6 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

Dumb question. What does this do exactly. 

If you are questioning the Choose Your Legends voting event, it is basically a popularity contest. The two most popular females and the two most popular males will be added into the game. Players will also be able to choose one of the four Heroes for free.

I highly recommend delaying choosing the character until you have seen what Phoenixmaster1 and/or other YouTubers choose. Copying their choice will make following their guides much easier.

Edited by XRay

9 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

The 2 highest-voted male characters and 2 highest-voted female characters get new alts around August. This is where the "Brave" alts for Ike, Roy, Lyn, Lucina, Hector, Ephraim, Celica, and Veronica are from. The first-place winners' Brave alts also get a unique uninheritable skill (Beorc's Blessing, Sacae's Blessing, Ostian Counter, Double Lion).

We are also likely to get the top 4 highest-voted characters that aren't yet in the game added around November. We've so far gotten Mia, Lute, Joshua, Dorcas, Owain, Kliff, Loki, and Aversa in this way.

Edited by Ice Dragon

And now, Elena (Ike and Mist's mom) has at least 1 vote! Again, if you're not sure where to toss your votes, we appreciate any you throw our way! ^_^ Let's see if we can finally make Elena playable, and reunite her with her son and daughter! (If she somehow gets in, my votes will go to Griel next, probably.)

Edit: Seriously, though, I wish that we got 2 votes a day. One for a male character, and one for a female. That way I could also vote for people like Kieran and Lif in addition to giving Elena all my fem votes.

Edited by Mercakete

2 hours ago, Tree said:

But then he'd be the Gold Knight.

If he has to stay black, then how about one of these?

Option 1: 

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160809172655

Option 2: 

Spoiler

File:Dark Link with Dark Epona.png

Option 3: MOAR ARMOR!

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170316054048

I think I'll make my ballot:

1. Sephiran 
  2. Asbel
  3. Nils
  4. Ranulf
  5. Melady
  6. Lena
  7. Presently undecided 

More a personal statement than anything else, but what can one do? Not sure if I should swap Ranulf, on grounds of expecting his entry, so a CYL vote isn't needed. It's why I included Melady, I'm assuming the Fire Emblem Family Reunification Project is going to bring Lugh on the upcoming FE6 banner.

1 hour ago, Garlyle said:

I wonder how long it'll take until this topic gets out of hand.

You're not helping at all with this post, you know. Best to not say such things.

So characters like Jill, Finn and Marth aren't split anymore? Oh wow in that case I have no doubt that Marth will win the first spot this time no problem.

Anyway first vote is in

Edited by Hekselka

1 hour ago, Lau said:

If I may just say: a lot of people are getting too overconfident with Marth, I'm a bit worried that too many people will assume that he doesn't need their votes when in actuality, he does. Of course, places like Reddit and Serenes are just a small percentage of voters, but still.

Samesies. I'm not overly invested in Marth winning since he got a sweet Legendary and that's enough love for me, but it'd be a shame to see him lose just because people got overly confident.

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Option 1: 

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20160809172655

Option 2: 

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20170316054048

1. Sephiran 
  2. Asbel
  3. Nils
  4. Ranulf
  5. Melady
  6. Lena
  7. Presently undecided 

More a personal statement than anything else, but what can one do? Not sure if I should swap Ranulf, on grounds of expecting his entry, so a CYL vote isn't needed. It's why I included Melady, I'm assuming the Fire Emblem Family Reunification Project is going to bring Lugh on the upcoming FE6 banner.

Use that final vote for Alm :P

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Option 1: 

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20160809172655

Option 2: 

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20170316054048

1. Sephiran 
  2. Asbel
  3. Nils
  4. Ranulf
  5. Melady
  6. Lena
  7. Presently undecided 

Go for Deghinsea if he doesn't end up Mythic hero on the last day. He was your top 3 favourite and the other favourites of yours are popular enough to not need your support. 

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

The 2 highest-voted male characters and 2 highest-voted female characters get new alts around August. This is where the "Brave" alts for Ike, Roy, Lyn, Lucina, Hector, Ephraim, Celica, and Veronica are from. The first-place winners' Brave alts also get a unique uninheritable skill (Beorc's Blessing, Sacae's Blessing, Ostian Counter, Double Lion).

We are also likely to get the top 4 highest-voted characters that aren't yet in the game added around November. We've so far gotten Mia, Lute, Joshua, Dorcas, Owain, Kliff, Loki, and Aversa in this way.

My impression is that like the Brave banners, the Farfetched banners also pick the top 2 male and top 2 female characters not in the game yet. But there's no way to tell for sure either way yet, since so far that's always been the same thing.

It's also worth noting that sometimes characters get skipped over for the Farfetched banners if they conflict with other plans, like Micaiah being skipped because she was planned for the FE10 banner a couple of months later and Selkie being skipped because beasts weren't in the game yet. (Selkie will also probably be added soon.)

I like the idea of voting for a new character rather then the same one each time but my first vote had to go to my main man Zihark! 

Stefan will be my 2nd choice. have not decided pass that yet. I just really hope no Heroes or fates characters get chosen. So far we've done good lets keep it up except Veronica but shes a stupidly good unit so yeah. 

2 hours ago, Hekselka said:

So characters like Jill, Finn and Marth aren't split anymore? Oh wow in that case I have no doubt that Marth will win the first spot this time no problem.

Anyway first vote is in

5c474b5222073_ballot1.png.7662eeac512ed6b93d2d83ff8cdfc8b4.png

Despite being far from my choice, I’d consider rather lovely to have a Brave Julia. I mean, GotHW has probably the most interesting lore of the franchise in my opinion

3 hours ago, Syllabear said:

Despite the alts, Eirika will get a significant boost from Ephraim's voters; not to mention she was also 'cheated' in the last CYL. It's time for her to win and complete the pair. My votes? Well of course for her and Micaiah! 

Most Ephraim fans are likely to jump on Eirika bandwagon indeed. She got 2 alts, but they are so far apart they probably won’t affect her votes

3 hours ago, Syllabear said:

Yeah. Unlike most, I was actually ecstatic to see the latest Camilla as I see it will severely hurt her chances to win this year’s CYL. Then again, it’s rather pointless to care, she wins this year or not, I’m afraid Brave Camilla is inevitable  :dry:

3 hours ago, TheWildestCat said:

CYL was an official poll to see which are the favorite characters of FE. There was one just before the game got launched and..... we just voted and went on our lives. But it all changed when that same year we got our first FEH Channel revealing that the top 2 dudes and ladies will get superior alt version of themselves, the first serious alts: the Brave Heroes. It’s no longer a poll, it’s now a competition to get a preferred character getting the privilege of being a Brave Hero, and deny the chance our least favorite

You know? It’s curious why they are giving us a half of the time to vote than usual. I can think of two:

1-We get these days to vote as a massive eliminatory, and after the seventh day, we get to vote for the top 10 or whatever (most likely)

2-This is more of a wishful thinking, but maybe they are planning to make another CYL this year after the seventh day

Edited by Midnox

4 minutes ago, Midnox said:

You know? It’s curious why they are giving us a half of the time to vote than usual

Maybe last time they thought it was too dragged out? Maybe they saw the free Vike election had too low a voter turnout, and by cutting CYL3 short the next freebie already-existing hero election will have more votes? Didn't the Vike election follow soon after CYL?

1 hour ago, Othin said:

It's also worth noting that sometimes characters get skipped over for the Farfetched banners if they conflict with other plans, like Micaiah being skipped because she was planned for the FE10 banner a couple of months later and Selkie being skipped because beasts weren't in the game yet. (Selkie will also probably be added soon.)

It'll be interesting to see how the Beast units not on the recent banner will rank. IS if it truly has a banner prepped for them, they should prematurely announce it, so as to have results excluding the desire for them to be added. That way, IS will have a better understanding of who is truly desired to be added/given Seasonals next.