Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

1 minute ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

No idea why people are surprised

Did you forget that she already has six versions now and she's been getting a lot of hate due to the recent sixth version?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted for Altena, Pelleas, and Micaiah today.

I want to give all my votes to Miccy but there's so many other deserving less popular characters that don't deserve to lose votes just because the results were published :(

Well, with Reinhardt in 7th place for the guys' side and Eirika 4th place for the girls' side, no one that I care about has any shot of winning so I'm going to continue spending the rest of my votes on characters not in the game. 6th and 7th votes can go to Tormod and Rath again because I really want them in the game.

Female side of the poll looks like a disaster.

1 minute ago, Book Bro said:

Voted for Altena, Pelleas, and Micaiah today.

I want to give all my votes to Miccy but there's so many other deserving less popular characters that don't deserve to lose votes just because the results were published :(

Absolute worst case scenario: You put every last vote into Micaiah, and Camilla wins anyway because her fanbase isn't on SF.

If you can live with that scenario, vote Micaiah.  I, on the other hand, would feel far worse if one of my favorite characters had zero votes, so I'm voting with my heart.  That way, I can say that I voted for those that I truly liked!

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Did you forget that she already has six versions now and she's been getting a lot of hate due to the recent sixth version?

The people who hate her were never going to vote for her anyway. I don't think you'll find many Camilla fans who are bothered by her number of versions.

The Brave alts are really cool, of course you want your favourite character to get one. Imagine if Ike had a handful of seasonal alts but hadn't won CYL yet. We both know you'd want him to win.

IS: Hey guys we heard you wanted Marth to win CYL so we combined both versions of him this time.
Fans: Yay! Now we can vote for Marth AND ANNA!
IS: uhhhh............... about that.... *jumps out the window*

R.I.P. Anna? Maybe next time?

Also, I'm just gonna sit on the sidelines and observe. Personally wouldn't want Camilla to win *cough* 7th alt *cough*, but it's clear that I'm in the minority.

Oh boy, wonder who's going to be the best F2P pick this year.

Alm or Marth would be getting Falchion

Micaiah would be made into a staff unit or another anti-cavalry/armored unit.

And currently the eligible Redux banner units are...
Males: Lif, Ranulf, Haar, Bruno
Females: Thrasir, Louise, Awakening Anna, Selkie

The people who hate her were never going to vote for her anyway. I don't think you'll find many Camilla fans who are bothered by her number of versions.

The Brave alts are really cool, of course you want your favourite character to get one. Imagine if Ike had a handful of seasonal alts but hadn't won CYL yet. We both know you'd want him to win.

If Ike had a handful of seasonal alts but hadn't won CYL yet, I'd think that he needs a break on getting alts in general more than anything else.

Yes, I get that people want Brave Camilla, but it's honestly mind-boggling that Camilla fans literally get 3 alts per game year for Camilla and yet many of them still can't be satisfied that they have more options for their favorite character than literally anyone else. Getting a Brave alt is nice, but when the person you're backing already has way more versions of themselves it just looks selfish to ask for more, which is why I chose not to back Eirika this year and only gave Reinhardt one vote as opposed to trying to push him.

I saw the Midway results when I got off work, guess I'm abandoning my votes for Niles and going all in on Awakening Anna. I wouldn't mind if she won. Miccy I wouldn't mind either but her fans can probably keep her in the top two.

To be honest I think for most people now it's a 'pick your poison' situation for the females. I hear Micaiah is a Mary Sue but to be honest, she doesn't have an atl so yeah...

Not to mention I bet that Brave Camilla will just be her promoted armor from Warriors with a new weapon.

I'm surprised but not unhappy to see Bruno in the Top 10, and I'm more surprised that both Zelgius and Black Knight are in the Top 20 somehow, not that I'll complain.

As for the Top 2s, Alm and Marth is exactly what i expected, not surprised to see Micaiah but am surprised to see Camilla in first. I'm neutral on her so I'm more intrigued than anything.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

She does have one, but only one so far.

Oh yeah oops, the dancer Micaiah.

Still less compare to Camilla.

Also, I am surprised that female Robin jumped so high up but male Robin has not. I'm assuming this is entirely due to the female side being a complete and utter shitstorm and less due to people suddenly deciding they like female Robin so much more than male Robin.

EDIT: Fuck, ignore this. I somehow missed male Robin being 5th.

Edited by Sunwoo

Ranulf's in the top 20. Hell, he's one of the highest-ranked Beasts now (dunno if he's higher than Selkie overall), and I think high enough to make it onto Farfetched 3.0 if these results hold (along with, at the moment, any four of Bruno, Lif, Louise and Selkie, so the banner right now would probably be Bruno/Ranulf/Louise/Selkie). I feel better about putting all three of my votes on him.

Well, all four of my votes now. Maybe he can breach the top 10? Don't really care who wins this time around (although I look forward to the enormous saltsplosion if Camilla wins the women's side), I just want the best cat to place high, and it looks like he's gonna do that.

Still, I'm pleasantly surprised that Eliwood placed so high, and I kinda want him to beat Marth (not enough to throw a vote his way, I decided where those were going early and see no reason to deviate), though I'd be happy with Alm & Marth winning men's side too (or Chrom, or M!Robin, or Bruno, or Reinhardt, or basically any combination of the entire men's top 20 that excludes Lif and Surtr). Kinda surprised by Alm being top, I guess people really want their Alm alt already.

11 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Rechecking the results, if voting ended today Farfetched heroes may actually be Lif and Bruno and not Ranulf and Haar.

If the end of Book II is any indication, Lif will be saved for the end-of-Book OC banners. Bruno might make it though, which would probably bump Haar off since Ranulf is higher than him.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

If Ike had a handful of seasonal alts but hadn't won CYL yet, I'd think that he needs a break on getting alts in general more than anything else.

Yes, I get that people want Brave Camilla, but it's honestly mind-boggling that Camilla fans literally get 3 alts per game year for Camilla and yet many of them still can't be satisfied that they have more options for their favorite character than literally anyone else. Getting a Brave alt is nice, but when the person you're backing already has way more versions of themselves it just looks selfish to ask for more, which is why I chose not to back Eirika this year and only gave Reinhardt one vote as opposed to trying to push him.

Is Ike your favourite character? If not, that question doesn't apply to you.

If he is and you still feel that way, then okay, fair enough, but you're definitely in a minority, as these results are showing. A character someone likes a lot getting alts isn't going to make people throw their votes behind a character they like less.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Also, I am surprised that female Robin jumped so high up but male Robin has not. I'm assuming this is entirely due to the female side being a complete and utter shitstorm and less due to people suddenly deciding they like female Robin so much more than male Robin.

It may also be due a moderately popular Smashtuber who supported F!Robin, though that may just be me reaching.

Is Ike your favourite character? If not, that question doesn't apply to you.

If he is and you still feel that way, then okay, fair enough, but you're definitely in a minority, as these results are showing. A character someone likes a lot getting alts isn't going to make people throw their votes behind a character they like less.

I would feel the same way even if my actual favorite character was in the same situation. Therefore, the scenario still applies. Just not necessarily with Ike.

Also, I wouldn't ask anyone to throw their votes behind a character they don't care for that much just because their favorite has a lot of alts, but do these people literally not have second favorites? Close second favorites? Literally anyone else they like who they would want to see with a Brave alt? Or do they literally only like the game for Camilla and her alts? THAT is what is baffling.

4 minutes ago, Nym said:

I hear Micaiah is a Mary Sue but to be honest, she doesn't have an atl so yeah...

She has her Hoshidan Summer alt, one alt.

And insofar as that generic criticism goes, she can do wrong, invalidating it. She suffers a lot in Part 3, she makes mistakes there, and she does even in Part 1. The half-truth is that her character is sorta buried to some extent beneath her special powers in Parts 1 & 4.

And remember everyone- breathe and keep things in perspective. All that is being voted on is a bunch of pixels representing people who don't exist. I'm trying to do this as well.

Hmm... Brarth or Bicaiah. Bicaiah for me probably. 

13 minutes ago, Falcom said:

IS: Hey guys we heard you wanted Marth to win CYL so we combined both versions of him this time.
Fans: Yay! Now we can vote for Marth AND ANNA!
IS: uhhhh............... about that.... *jumps out the window*

R.I.P. Anna? Maybe next time?

The Annas are all different characters. It’s not the same person.