Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well seeing those mid results is one reason why I don't vote for females anymore.  Just voting for guys is easier and seems to make more of an impact.  I might throw a vote for Bruno on the last day, but I want to give as much support to Elphin as possible because I feel like I am the only voting for him.

2 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Obviously not, that's a silly thing to assume.

The far more logical assumption is that they, unlike you, don't view their favourite having lots of alts as a bad thing. (I'm kinda confused that you do tbh. Again, that's fine, I just don't really understand the mindset.)

If you still have trouble grappling with it, a couple other specifics probably enter into the picture here.

1. Camilla was basically robbed last year. You've probably forgotten this, but I suspect many of her fans haven't.

2. As someone who likes Camilla a lot, I'm really sick of people whining about her popularity, which if anything makes me more inclined to vote for her instead of characters I like about as much (like Micaiah!). I'm not a particularly trollish person by nature, but if she holds onto #1 I'm definitely going to find her victory extra sweet, in a way I wouldn't if those who disliked her were more respectful.

I don't get what's so confusing about not wanting even my favorite characters to oversaturate the game. Too much of anything gets tiring, and with my shitty luck I don't want to have to try pulling them all. Not to mention, I am very aware that I am not the only person who plays this game. It would be selfish of me to have absolutely no problem with my favorites getting a lot of alts when there are people who are waiting for their favorite character to even exist in base form.

1. If you want to make that argument, you can say that Eirika fans were robbed just as much as Camilla fans. Eirika had a reasonable shot at getting top two herself, but then she got a badly timed alt that most likely made her lose some votes. If last year really was such an anti-Camilla sentiment and not an anti-alt sentiment, Eirika or Azura would have been the ones to vote for, not Veronica. So no, I haven't forgotten that the midterm screwed Camilla over, but IS stupidly giving Eirika an alt during voting screwed her over just as much. It's not like Camilla fans are in a unique position here.

2. I get that you're sick of people whining about her popularity, but at this point in the game people have a good reason to do so. It's not necessarily Camilla fans' fault, I'd blame IS not being able to space out their alts more consistently. I get that you're sick of it, but to act like people have absolutely no reason to whine about it is pretty dishonest. Also, while Ike's not my favorite character overall, he is my favorite lord and there were quite a bit of people whining about him when he got his legendary alt. "Of course it would be Ike," they said, and complained about how IS was pandering to Ike. Honestly? People not liking my favorite character doesn't fucking bother me anymore, because after a while you just learn to grow thicker skin and stop caring about what people think about your favorite characters.

7 minutes ago, Florete said:

An upset happened last year. With Anna already having two top 10 spots, if enough of the people voting for Heroes Anna switched to Awakening Anna, history could repeat itself.

That could happen, but it should go noted that it didn't for Marth (3rd and 9th at the midpoint) last time so I wouldn't get your hopes up if I were you.

7 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Still doesn't explain the lack of ike, veronica, or celica seasonals. It's her following combined with IS's weird bias towards her and fates for whatever reason.

And Lucina has seen a lack of representation recently, despite being the star female of Awakening. And Lyn has come to a recent halt at four. 

And Azura has like 5 now? But she has never won CYL.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Micaiah could have ten alts and I would still be giving all my votes to her. This is not about getting another version of the character, it's about letting IntSys know who my favorite character is.

Anyways, congrats to the Camilla fans. You guys stick true to your beliefs and vote for who you want and not let others influence your picks. I'm very happy right now to see Miccy that high, and I really hope she stays up there or even make it to #1. If she and Camilla win, that's certainly fine in my book.

I'm cool with Marth and Alm too.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That could happen, but it should go noted that it didn't for Marth (3rd and 9th at the midpoint) last time so I wouldn't get your hopes up if I were you.

Yes, though SD Marth was very close.

Just now, Alistair said:

I'd imagine Bruno gets his original weapon (or an upgraded variant?) with some extra skills. Lif and Thrasir would probably just be their alive forms. 

By original weapon, do you mean a lance as he used to use one when he was Zacharias or Valaskjalf? Valaskjalf would probably have to come in as a different version. Its current Vantage 2 effect is good, but people would probably expect something crazier and I doubt the developers want players to not only summon Brave Bruno, but also refine his weapon.

I'm just wondering what they would do with them in general since people speculated that Brave Veronica could have referenced Bruno or Xander and she sort of did, but mostly towards her brother as she rides a horse and her Hlidskjalf casts ice spells. The only difference is that she ended up as a healer instead of a mage cavalry or a sword cavalry. Lif and Thrasir being their living selves is likely, but what they would be as a unit is something I'm curious about. I could see Lif using a version of Folkvangr or even Fensalir, but that leaves the question of would he be an armor, cavalry, or flier.

Also, heck yeah Micaiah! Great to see her as number 2, hopefully she makes it in. Way too many Camilla's in the game already, but it's no big surprise she's where she's at. I'm shocked how low Tharja is. Great to see Zelgius rise up. Maybe we'll get him in his Begnion outfit sometime, hopefully.

19 minutes ago, TheWill said:

She is just a disivie character. It has nothing to do with "minorities", which I often see being thrown around. She has a lot of fans, she has a lot of haters, she has a lot of people who don't care but think she's got too many alts.

5 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Some people like more than one character. This isn't the case with Camilla fans, whose obsession is total, to the point where they would throw away the chance at non-Camilla alts, like you do with Micaiah.

Hey, you two, cut it out.  A full read-through of this topic would prove you wrong.

9 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Really, has anyone considered that Camilla gets alts because she has a significant following in the first place. 

I pointed that out earlier, ban! :P:

6 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Still doesn't explain the lack of ike, veronica, or celica seasonals. It's her following combined with IS's weird bias towards her and fates for whatever reason.

To be fair, Ike and Celica weren't in the game at launch.  Veronica was enemy-only.

My guess is that the alt thing really got thrown around for Book 2, hence the New Year's banner.  We didn't get any of the Book 1 guys as summons (where's my Bruno dammit).

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

Micaiah could have ten alts and I would still be giving all my votes to her. This is not about getting another version of the character, it's about letting IntSys know who my favorite character is.

I do the same!  But few people vote for my favorite character.  I guess that means my votes are extra-special, then!

I would personally prefer if Eliwood beat marth out for 2nd place, Marth got the version he deserved when his legendary released but Eliwood is still waiting for that definitive overpowered Eliwood 

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

Lyn has two seasonals and a Legendary. And Lyn is the waifu prototype of the franchise. 

Let's just fucking expand top two male and female characters to top three male and female characters instead. Top four can be summonable, like they usually are, with one free choice, while the third place male/female pair can be a TT and a GHB.

Might as well just make as many people happy as they can because it feels like nobody is happy during CYL.

Edited by Sunwoo

4 minutes ago, Jave said:

Exactly. My favorite is my favorite. And not like anybody asked IS for the Adrift or bath banners, but we are asking for a CYL version.

Kinda wish Marth just was added as a fifth character last year instead of there being four. It's still so dumb that there's split votes because some people are voting for him in a different game. He's the same! Ugh. Like, if they don't keep both versions of the character after they're in the top 2, then why not count both votes? So dumb.

2 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Kinda wish Marth just was added as a fifth character last year instead of there being four. It's still so dumb that there's split votes because some people are voting for him in a different game. He's the same! Ugh. Like, if they don't keep both versions of the character after they're in the top 2, then why not count both votes? So dumb.

They're basically giving Marth CYL this year by combining votes.

I mean my favorite was never going to win but I honestly have no complaint about the results so far. My goal is honestly to get Forrest in top 100 results.

Micaiah could win!  I'm throwing all my votes to her in hopes she does so- don't want to see someone else overtake her now, and I'd love for her to take first.  She's one of my favorite characters.

...And Zelgius in the top 20?  That's amazing!  He might be my favorite Tellian in my expanded head cannon.  Finally, some Tellius love!  Take note, IS.  We need more Tellius!

1 minute ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Maybe, but since we don't know the vote tallies it's hard to say; we just know relative placements of the top 20, going by the tweet.

Edited by Alistair

1 minute ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Wait, so they actually are combining votes now? About time, but I wish they started that sooner.

Well, even if Eliwood isn't top 2 I at least want him as a Mythic Hero. Otherwise I'm going to be pretty salty.