Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also it is possible to not want Camilla to win without being a Camilla hater, I for one likes Camilla but I think it's time to give others characters the chance to get alts.

Besides, I can't stop thinking that Brave Camilla will just a be a promoted version of herself just like in Warriors. She covers pretty much every non beast weapon except lance and staff and always is a flying unit.

Edited by Nym

2 minutes ago, TrueDarkAce said:

Because people will complain once they see their Weapons/Skill Sets

Sturdy Impact 4 plz. My Reinhardt would gladly consume anyone for that skill.

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Hey, you two, cut it out.  A full read-through of this topic would prove you wrong.

I literally don't see anything wrong with calling Camilla divisive. What...?

And no... this topic doesn't prove anything. Having a big following doesn't exempt you from being a divisive character, lol.

13 minutes ago, Florete said:

Yes, though SD Marth was very close.

He was, but that doesn’t change the fact that he still didn’t make it despite being in a better position to rally up to 2nd than Anna is now.

4 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

They're basically giving Marth CYL this year by combining votes.

It’s almost like he actually outgained Ephraim last year, yet lost because his votes were split for no good reason.

1 minute ago, Nym said:

Besides, I can't stop thinking that Brave Camilla will just a be a promoted version of herself just like in Warriors. She covers pretty much every non beast weapon except lance and staff.

If Camilla does win, I expect her to be an axe user, either as a flier wielding Aurgleimr or an armor wielding Bolverk.

1 minute ago, Alistair said:

If Camilla does win, I expect her to be an axe user, either as a flier wielding Aurgleimr or an armor wielding Bolverk.

I would say a Queen of Nohr alt. Horse or Armor. She’s been always been a flier in every single form. Brave units are out of the ordinary, so not being a flier would actually be necessary. 

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

He was, but that doesn’t change the fact that he still didn’t make it despite being in a better position to rally up to 2nd than Anna is now.

It’s almost like he actually outgained Ephraim last year, yet lost because his votes were split for no good reason.

I mean, Eirika got robbed too. That didn't help her get support. :\

Camilla alt could see one of her Cipher alts as well like basara.

Or in Beruka's armor as it used to be Camilla's

Edited by Bankai

2 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Yeah her being another axe flier would be weird.

4 minutes ago, Nym said:

Also it is possible to not want Camilla to win without being a Camilla hater, I for one likes Camilla but I think it's time to give others characters the chance to get alts.

such is the way with flame wars within a fandom unfortunately. You're either a hater or a blind fanboy with barely any in between. I feel the exact same way you do on this matter. I like Camilla for what she is but after her over saturation of alts recently I'd like to see other characters get the spotlight. 

1 minute ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

I would say a Queen of Nohr alt. Horse or Armor. She’s been always been a flier in every single form. Brave units are out of the ordinary, so not being a flier would actually be necessary. 

Now that I think about it, Marth/Alm/Camilla/Micaiah would be a perfect banner for a Kings & Queens theme.

4 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

such is the way with flame wars within a fandom unfortunately. You're either a hater or a blind fanboy with barely any in between. I feel the exact same way you do on this matter. I like Camilla for what she is but after her over saturation of alts recently I'd like to see other characters get the spotlight. 

It's my first CYL, truly I sigh to behold.

Also how is Severa has not been added already. I would like her as red bow knight since Selena covers her hero class.

Edited by Nym

11 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Exactly. My favorite is my favorite. And not like anybody asked IS for the Adrift or bath banners, but we are asking for a CYL version.

What makes a brave alt better than other alts?

If you don't mind me asking, who's your second favourite character?

14 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Lyn has two seasonals and a Legendary. And Lyn is the waifu prototype of the franchise. 

Hush! The term didn't exist back then. There was still plenty of male hormonal fantasies, but not that Japan-derived Engrish term.

17 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I pointed that out earlier, ban! :P:

-But some will argue that the popularity is owed to "bad" reasons. And those who defend her will say they aren't, they like her for "good" reasons. And then one side will say to the other "well how do you know they like her for "x" reasons?". And then the other will reply "I don't- but neither do you!", settling for neutralizing the both of them when they can't win, which the other side will see as petty.

And then they'll fly away from each other unable to collect the data needed to overcome this conundrum. And even if they had it, the other side would complain the data collection was faulty. And thus the war would continue regardless. 

13 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Might as well just make as many people happy as they can because it feels like nobody is happy during CYL.

Except for those who don't pay attention to CYL. Ignorance IS bliss.

6 minutes ago, TheWill said:

Having a big following doesn't exempt you from being a divisive character, lol.

Can you be divisive without being big? Who has ever bickered over someone utterly forgettable? Like Geitz. Or Shinon even, he could be very divisive, but isn't since he isn't so popular.

13 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Let's just fucking expand top two male and female characters to top everyone male and female characters instead. Top four can be summonable, like they usually are, with one free choice, while the every other place male/female pair can be a TT and a GHB.

Corrected! THAT will make everyone happy. It is the best solution of all. Get to it IS!

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

Besides, I can't stop thinking that Brave Camilla will just a be a promoted version of herself just like in Warriors. She covers pretty much every non beast weapon except lance and staff and always is a flying unit.

I hope she is a colorless bow flier, with an exclusive Firesweep Bow that includes C Duel Flying and Null Distant Counter as additional effects.

2 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Melee weapons feels like a nerf though. At the very least, I want her to stay as a ranged unit like most of her alts, and ideally be colorless.

Considering it's just a mobile video game, I'm surprised by some of the people so eager for Camilla to win, just so they can watch part of the fanbase be angry. Seems as immature as the people throwing so much hatred. =O

On the female side, I'm surprised Eirika and Azura are so high, only because we have so many alts of them! I'd love Anna to win though! Bad vote splitting!!

On the male side, I love Eliwood, so I hope he comes in over Marth! And Bruno!! I hope he surges into second because his sister already came to us, and it would be funny to see.

Also, look at the new male villain being #8. Haha. I would also not mind him winning cause we'd probably get like a really cool, "OG King" variant! Might throw a vote or two his way. Even if I know he won't win, I like the idea!

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I hope she is a colorless bow flier, with an exclusive Firesweep Bow that includes C Duel Flying and Null Distant Counter as additional effects.

Null Distant Counter, you want to declare war on Hector fans right?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Can you be divisive without being big? Who has ever bickered over someone utterly forgettable? Like Geitz. Or Shinon even, he could be very divisive, but isn't since he isn't so popular.

Interesting. I think Shinon is a pretty good example, by you. He does get a fair amount of support with a few that utterly detest him. Unlike say, Makalov, who is almost universally disliked. 

Nephenee is 18!! yay! hopefully this means she can get an alt. that would be nice. 
Nino is really high up. but none of the other units i voted for are in the top 20. ah well. 
It's now time to get serious and vote for Micky. Let's go!!!

Honestly, for those who like Camilla i'm happy for them too. people like whom they like. if she wins, great, i hope she has a good alt with good skills.

3 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Brave units are out of the ordinary, so not being a flier would actually be necessary. 

...Not really, at least with regards to movement type. CYL 1 had a convenient Father's Day theme, which explains why Roy and Lyn were cavalry when they weren't in Heroes and literally couldn't be in their games; Veroniza was on a horse probably as a joint reference to Bruno and Xander. Lucina, Ike and Hector had (and actually continue to have) a single movement type through all their appearances. The only outlier here was Ephraim, probably due to a desire to add special fighter in the game once they decided that Veronica would be a healer. 

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Melee weapons feels like a nerf though. At the very least, I want her to stay as a ranged unit like most of her alts, and ideally be colorless.

Maybe, but you literally just described the Onsen alt coming in a few days. 

6 minutes ago, Jave said:

Now that I think about it, Marth/Alm/Camilla/Micaiah would be a perfect banner for a Kings & Queens theme.

Camilla never became queen of Nohr though. Either Xander or Leo would take the throne depending on what version you played.

And yeah, I guess if Camilla wins now, she'll never be in CYL again should IS continue doing those.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

What makes a brave alt better than other alts?

If you don't mind me asking, who's your second favourite character?

I want one that's not just seasonal/theme alt for a change. I like the special promoted class/special class treatment of the CYL alts. Something like Hinoka's kinshi alt or Chrom's horse alt were similar and cool too. I like alts, and I'd like something along those lines for her.

My other favorite is Cordelia.

1 minute ago, Nym said:

It's my first CYL, truly I sigh to behold.

Also how is Severa not been added already. I would like a red bow knight since Selena covers her hero class.

oof my sincerest condolences about that. Regardless I don't think this whole issue would be so bad had the time between alts been more spread out over a more elongated period of time. I know I personally wouldn't be so bothered by this had that been the case. Its just after seeing alt after alt after alt in the span of six months is just a little tiring.

Also I know, I've been waiting since the game's launch for my favorite girl to get into the game(Yeah I know selena but her stats suuuck). *sigh* Looks like I have to wait a bit longer I suppose.