Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

My guess is that it's the Branded thing.  Soren sort-of has the same thing going on (looking apparently younger than he really is).

Micaiah may look far younger than she is, but man does she have good taste in fashion!  Part of me wants to see her Brave outfit, just to see how snazzy it would be!

Yeah, the Branded thing does make one age slower. There are older looking Branded characters too, like Petrine and Zelgius though. But at the same time, not all of them have to look the same age, so...

And I do agree, she does have good designs. I do think she is rather pretty. She'd probably get a good CYL design too. My problem with her was how super special she was made out to be because of her powers, hair color, lineage, immediate Daein worship on her, etc. and how awful of a unit she is. I always had so much trouble keeping her alive. And she's so slow, so she gets doubled easily.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I guess I did like Severa a lot and she's got that intolerable personality. So I shouldn't talk.

"Say good night!"

*peaks out of bush* someone say they like Severa? 

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, the Branded thing does make one age slower. There are older looking Branded characters too, like Petrine and Zelgius though. But at the same time, not all of them have to look the same age, so...

I wonder if it depends on what you are branded with.

Petrine is crow and Zelgius is tiger I believe. Maybe ravens and tigers just live less longer than do dragons and herons and so the branded just age closer to what beorcs would normally.

Edited by Vince777

1 minute ago, Vince777 said:

I wonder if it depends on what you are branded with.

Petrine is crow and Zelgius is tiger I believe. Maybe ravens and tigers just live less longer than do dragons and herons. 

Actually, you have that backwards. Petrine is said to be tiger, and Zelgius is definitely bird. He has a bird mark on his back.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Actually, you have that backwards. Petrine is said to be tiger, and Zelgius is definitely bird. He has a bird mark on his back.

Gotcha. Seems you're right, upon inspection.

36 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Actually, I would say it indicates the opposite.  The GBA and vintage remakes generally overshadow Fates/Awakening. Only Camilla is making noise for Fates females this year after having Lyn, Veronica, and Celica out of the way. Lucina was the only rep for Awakening two years ago. We have Marth and Alm way ahead. Micaiah is number 2, and Eirika is still in the hunt.

I mean considering how incredibly over saturated we are with Awakening/Fates characters and countless alts that there is still so many of these characters top 20 male/female kind of shows it.  We have 5 of top 20 females being Fates and then 4 being from Awakening.  That is a whopping 9 out of 20 characters (nearly half) from just those two games.  The male side isn't as bad but still 3 of the top 20 are from Fates and 2 are from Awakening.  That is a 1/4. 

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You forget that the Robins count as two characters, I disagree, but this is how it is. Both genders count separately, and gender equality calls for equal representation. The way to fix this would be to count Robin/Corrin as one, and there is reason to, but that is not likely.

Yeah I hate this gender loophole.  They are the same character, same story, same lines mostly, can marry different characters and that's about it.  I think there is enough Robin for a lifetime.

I hate doing this I wanted to just show my support for Altena, but I voted for Eirika today and she will take the rest of the votes.  Hopefully her and Miciah can knock out Camilla and Robin too.  For the greater good.   

The best way to knock out Camilla is to have her win CY3, which she will this time. Guaranteed she won't be a contender then for CYL4. :)

(I just find it saddening that Altena is losing your votes.)

Guys vote for Louise!!! Let's show IS that a recently underated waifu can beat Camilla! I know you guys want FRobin and Micaiah but let's push for Louise for Top Ten. Even better, top 2! Spend at least one of your battle ballot spots. Let's put Mang's waifu in FE Heroes!

I suspect Louise will be introduced in the next farfected heroes banner alongside the likes of Haar and Bruno/Ranulf but I'd hate that very much.

She needs to be on a Blazing Sword banner with Pent. :(

Edited by Vince777

6 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I suspect Louise will be introduced in the next farfected heroes banner alongside the likes of Haar and Bruno/Ranulf but I'd hate that very much.

She needs to be on a Blazing Sword banner with Pent. :(

I agree, also Mangs needs his waifu in the game. Lol but all kidding aside, let's at least have Louise be in top 2!

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

But watching a lot of people go bananas, when it's pretty clear that the majority of her voters won't hear them?  All it does is reinforce the view that the FE fandom can be really shitty at times.  And guess who has to deal with the especially shitty ones?  Honestly, I don't ever expect you to truly understand this mindset.  But IMO it's better for my mental health than giving a lecture regarding life priorities.

Hahaha. That's fair! I guess mods have to deal with everyone being crazy and things getting out of hand. I can just take a break from the forum until it calms down. It's what I did when the last banner was announced. I dislike Fates too, but I have better things to do than dedicate anger to a video game.

Hmmm, I wonder who I should put my last votes too. I voted for people I cared about already - Ewan. So wonder if I should throw some votes to other favorites that are doing well like Eliwood,or some of the ones that probably won't win, but I just want to throw votes too like Ranulf or someone!. I guess voting does influence who comes up on the Farfetched Heroes. Fingers crossed they do it agan.

30 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

What does slow-burn development mean? Most major RD players got character development except Ike.

I mean it as chronological time/chapters. Even for a single-game protagonist, Micaiah got a fraction of the time to develop because there were so many major players.

Not the final results, but it'll be hard to take the CYL votes seriously in the future.

Camilla at #1, you guys disgust me.

Marth and Alm, I'd say go for it right now. Also it doesn't tell who people want as new units, I only spotted Haar, Ranulf, Selkie and Louise.

Edited by Garlyle

10 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Not the final results, but it'll be hard to take the CYL votes seriously in the future.

Camilla at #1, you guys disgust me.

I feel that's the sort of attitude that bolsters people to vote even more for her.

I would be tempted to if I wasn't so convinced she would win.

Edited by Vince777

1 hour ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

His daddy deserves the vote more than he does. Reptor has one from me.

That I can respect because monocle. Reptor got a vote from me in the first CYL and if there's no one else I feel like on the last day then I may give him another. But Reptor has proven he needs no help staying away from the absolute bottom of the barrel while Bloom has been ranked in the bottom three twice already. He might not be the best character in the series but he certainly deserves more than that!

Edited by Jotari

25 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Anyone can think of a thematic thus far that would fit all of Alm/Marth/Camilla/Micaiah? 

Conquerors and Queens. We get Conqueror Alm wielding Duma's Bow and emboding his Rigellian traits, Pantsless Marth with his Super Falchion having just reunited the land and not sure about the justice of his war (specifically the killing of Camus and Michalis), Camilla in an alternate scenario where she took the throne instead of Leo at the end of Conquest and a Queen Micaiah after the end of Radiant Dawn wielding Ashnard's sword (because it looks like Ashy will never get in at this rate).

4 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I've always prefered Langobalt and his manly beard and axe. Plus, not many characters could bring the Helswath to Heroes.

(watch it end up non-canonically in Lex's hands)

Of the Axe guys Langbolt is pretty cool, no guff against him (he hates Androney, that's character depth right there). I do think Danann is a waste of space though. He didn't even get to hold Helswath. Bloom might be upstaged by his father and daughter and get completely shafted in Thracia, but at least he used Mjolnir at some point.

Edited by Jotari

Wow, I was kind of hoping that one of the Annas would be in the top 20 by midterms but to my surprise I see not one but two Annas sitting at number six and nine! I was thinking about voting for Chrom or Eirika depending how high they were currently ranked but seeing Awakening Anna at rank 6 makes me want to spend the rest of my votes on her. Yeah, she probably won't win on the women's side regardless but if both Awakening and Heroes Anna stay in top ten maybe IS will stop ignoring her and add Awakening Anna in the next Farfetched/Redux banner and Heroes Anna will get a seasonal alt.

Also, surprised to see Female Robin rank so high this time considering she always seems to be below rank 15 in CYL. At first I thought it was because of L!Robin that somehow gave her a boost in votes until a heard a youtuber was rallying votes for her. I actually wouldn't mind seeing F!Robin winning. Also happy to see Tiki sitting at rank 17 and 20. I was disappointed when Anna and Tiki were not in the top 20 females for CYL2

As for the men's side I am fine with any of the current top 5 (Alm, Marth, Eliwood, Chrom and M!Robin) winning though I would prefer seeing Alm and Marth winning just to see how the two would interact with each other in the Paralogue and potential Forging Bond event. Regardless I am actually more excited for CYL3 than I was for CYL1 and CYL2.

4 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

The Gurgurant is probably bigger than Micaiah herself. She'd have to pull a Cloud Strife.

I totally expect Ashnard to be in Heroes at some point.

Is Duma's Bow actually a thing?

Mila's bow actually. Duma's lance does exist.

Camilla winning will probably be good for the community as we'll have to deal with less salt next CYL. And if we keep cutting the top 2 females from the top Camilla is gonna win a CYL at some point anyways

14 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Wow, I was kind of hoping that one of the Annas would be in the top 20 by midterms but to my surprise I see not one but two Annas sitting at number six and nine! I was thinking about voting for Chrom or Eirika depending how high they were currently ranked but seeing Awakening Anna at rank 6 makes me want to spend the rest of my votes on her. Yeah, she probably won't win on the women's side regardless but if both Awakening and Heroes Anna stay in top ten maybe IS will stop ignoring her and add Awakening Anna in the next Farfetched/Redux banner and Heroes Anna will get a seasonal alt.

Also, surprised to see Female Robin rank so high this time considering she always seems to be below rank 15 in CYL. At first I thought it was because of L!Robin that somehow gave her a boost in votes until a heard a youtuber was rallying votes for her. I actually wouldn't mind seeing F!Robin winning. Also happy to see Tiki sitting at rank 17 and 20. I was disappointed when Anna and Tiki were not in the top 20 females for CYL2

As for the men's side I am fine with any of the current top 5 (Alm, Marth, Eliwood, Chrom and M!Robin) winning though I would prefer seeing Alm and Marth winning just to see how the two would interact with each other in the Paralogue and potential Forging Bond event. Regardless I am actually more excited for CYL3 than I was for CYL1 and CYL2.

I'm a vertiable long term Tiki fan and I expressly don't want to see her win. We already have five Tikis in the game as is, which is a perfectly satisfying number. There's not much else they can do with her. Although now that I think of it they could make a super powered form based on how she becomes the new Naga in Future Past (although I'd rather see an actual Naga). Alternatively they could say she's using Bantu's Fire Stone and give us Fire Dragon Tiki (though that would mean yet another Red Tiki when I'd rather we get a green or colourless Tiki). In short I'm a big Tiki fan and I would like to see her win and get another alt because there's loads more they can do with the character...

13 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

The Gurgurant is probably bigger than Micaiah herself. She'd have to pull a Cloud Strife.

I totally expect Ashnard to be in Heroes at some point.

Is Duma's Bow actually a thing?

I was mostly joking about Gurgurant. If Marth's getting his FE1 Falchion then they'll most likely want to have four separate colours. We could see Miciah as a Blue Unit wielding Creddiland. Maybe Camilla could get Garon's Axe (since he's not using it in Heroes and he probably never will) and Alm can be colourless with his bow. Duma's Bow isn't a thing in Shadows of Valentia, but Mila's Bow is (Duma gets Duma's shield as an equivalent which could work as a Special or B skill of some sort). Or if they go further with the borrowing aspect Alm's Bow could be Blue and Micaiah could use the Baselard borrowed from Sothe.

Edited by Jotari

20 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I feel that's the sort of attitude that bolsters people to vote even more for her.

Pretty much. I would be voting for her regardless, but seeing people constantly hurl trash at your favorite character all the time just makes it feel even more satisfying if she does manage to win.

it sucks that the community will have a huge meltdown either way this year. If she wins, people have fits about it. If she loses, they all gloat they managed to ruin her victory. What sucks most is just the attitude of a big chunk of FE community itself, honestly.