Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

If F!Robin wins, I seriously expect Grandmaster Levin Sword Robin (or really, a Sword Robin in general). Such a missed opportunity in my opinion considering they already have the mage and dragon versions.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I've always found peculiar is that many of the Camilla haters will on the same breath criticize the manner by which some female characters are portrayed in video games and also themselves use misogynistic terms like "thot" to refer to them.

Funnily enough the incredibly rude user who made an account to mock Camilla fans has a reddit account of the same name, but it's been deleted along with their posts it seems like. Not surprising as it seems from google searches they made nasty homophobic and racist statements among other unpleasant things.

10 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

it sucks that the community will have a huge meltdown either way this year. If she wins, people have fits about it. If she loses, they all gloat they managed to ruin her victory. What sucks most is just the attitude of a big chunk of FE community itself, honestly.

I think the player base as a whole is generally nice and positive, or at the very least apathetic. Only a small fraction of the community is openly hostile and super vocal. If we take the number of dislikes on YouTube videos to the number of competitive PvP players, negative players make up a very small fraction of the Heroes player base.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think the player base as a whole is generally nice and positive, or at the very least apathetic. Only a small fraction of the community is openly hostile and super vocal. If we take the number of dislikes on YouTube videos to the number of competitive PvP players, negative players make up a very small fraction of the Heroes player base.

And it's not like everyone who dislike the videos is openly hostile and toxic so it's quite likely even less than those numbers

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

True enough. It can just get really hostile sometimes by those vocal people, especially on other sites. Also I just saw the flood of Camilla hate/hate for her fans on twitter right now so that hasn't helped today.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

I'm a vertiable long term Tiki fan and I expressly don't want to see her win. We already have five Tikis in the game as is, which is a perfectly satisfying number. There's not much else they can do with her. Although now that I think of it they could make a super powered form based on how she becomes the new Naga in Future Past (although I'd rather see an actual Naga). Alternatively they could say she's using Bantu's Fire Stone and give us Fire Dragon Tiki (though that would mean yet another Red Tiki when I'd rather we get a green or colourless Tiki). In short I'm a big Tiki fan and I would like to see her win and get another alt because there's loads more they can do with the character...

Personally, I am fine with the 5 Tikis we got already too and seeing her in the top 20. I would rather see Nagi get in (Archanea banner please IS) but if IS wanted to give us another alt of Tiki I wanted say no to it. I wouldn't want another dragonstone Tiki though (unless it was green or colorless) and would prefer they explore the alternative classes Awakening gave her such as axe wielding Wyvern Rider (for more dragon riding dragon memes) the Mage classes and if I remember correctly there was also unused sprites of Tiki in the Pegasus Knight classes that they could take inspiration from if they ever wanted to do a banner of characters in their alternate classes.

Most people online seem to hate alts on New Heroes banners but I actually these alternate takes of characters like Mage Eirika, Horse Chrom and Kinshi Hinoka and would like to see them do something like that for A!Tiki though I understand characters from Awakening and Archanea that are not in Heroes yet should take priority.

Edited by NSSKG151

I don't think hating on fans of a character just for liking that character is ever okay. That is utterly stupid and I don't condone it.

However, and this may be an unpopular opinion, but expressing hate for a character is totally okay. There's a time and place, though, and it's not okay to bring up a character just to hate on them when they have nothing to do with the discussion. But if that character is actually part of a discussion, and as long as one is civil and not attacking the actual fans and people, I really don't see a problem with it.

This coming from a person who used to get into arguments with certain Hector/Lyn shippers who completely misrepped Rath's character just to discredit Lyn/Rath, and then realized it really doesn't fucking matter what they think about Rath and stopped caring.

1 hour ago, Kiran_ said:

Hmmm, I wonder who I should put my last votes too. I voted for people I cared about already - Ewan. So wonder if I should throw some votes to other favorites that are doing well like Eliwood,or some of the ones that probably won't win, but I just want to throw votes too like Ranulf or someone!. I guess voting does influence who comes up on the Farfetched Heroes. Fingers crossed they do it agan.

Eliwood would certainly appreciate your support and he has a good chance to make it into the top 2. The female side is basically a lost cause. Topping Camilla will be a very tall order for Micaiah/F!Robin supporters. Best of luck to them, though. It’ll be rough. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

I was planning to give Sara from FE5 a vote but seeing these results...I'll do anything to give Miccy the support she needs to get to the top spot. 
Eugh, I'm sick of Camilla but Eclipse does have a point, if she does get a brave character we'll never have to see her in these polls again.

Anyway from now on my votes go to my tenth favorite FE character:

Oh and holy shit, Mangs's meme power is even stronger than before! Louise managed to take the twelfth spot!

Edited by Hekselka

All these people shifting their votes from their favourites to top contenders make me wish CYL didn't release mid poll results. 

It just furthermore marginalizes units like Sara, mentionned the post above. 

Edited by Vince777

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't think hating on fans of a character just for liking that character is ever okay. That is utterly stupid and I don't condone it.

However, and this may be an unpopular opinion, but expressing hate for a character is totally okay. There's a time and place, though, and it's not okay to bring up a character just to hate on them when they have nothing to do with the discussion. But if that character is actually part of a discussion, and as long as one is civil and not attacking the actual fans and people, I really don't see a problem with it.

This coming from a person who used to get into arguments with certain Hector/Lyn shippers who completely misrepped Rath's character just to discredit Lyn/Rath, and then realized it really doesn't fucking matter what they think about Rath and stopped caring.

I'm okay with people hating Camilla, but I'm really tired to see people voting against her, and not for someone they like. It's like last year, people don't want her to win, and vote against. We can see this even on this thread. Okay you don't want her to win, okay you hate her, but please people, stop that, please.

I really think that they shouldn't have shown the mid result. She's close to winning, every year. And I know that some Camilla's fan will do something that I think stupid, they will spam the devs, because she will lose. That will lead to more alts of her and more hate.

Nice to see Micaiah there.

Btw it's Hector/Lyn ^^

21 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

I was planning to give Sara from FE5 a vote but seeing these results...I'll do anything to give Miccy the support she needs to get to the top spot. 
Eugh, I'm sick of Camilla but Eclipse does have a point, if she does get a brave character we'll never have to see her in these polls again.

Anyway from now on my votes go to my tenth favorite FE character:

image.thumb.png.7ae8d617f3023ecb8298682d4dd3112c.png

Oh and holy shit, Mangs's meme power is even stronger than before! Louise managed to take the twelfth spot!

Nice! The extra votes for Micaiah are appreciate <3; let's try to bring her to Top 1; or at least let her continue in Top 2.

Mangs' bald memes became even stronger; they went further beyond like Mekkah's Karel.

Edited by Troykv

11 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Does resenting the selfishness of people who vote for characters with multiple versions (and yes, that does include Nino) count as hate?

21 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Absolutely. No issue if anybody hates any character or says it. Just it can still feel hostile at some times being a fan of them, especially at volatile time like right now where some people are so pissed off. (which in itself is ridiculous, over a phone game) And the rallies to vote against just for the sake of the upset doesn't exactly sound in good spirit either.

Edited by Alkaid

10 minutes ago, redlight said:

And it's not like everyone who dislike the videos is openly hostile and toxic so it's quite likely even less than those numbers

Yeah, not all those dislikers are toxic either. I think Ice Dragon said that it was about 7% if we take the total amount of dislikes compared to the top few tiers of competitive Arena players, so the toxic fans are a fraction of that 7%, so just a really tiny percentage.

7 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

True enough. It can just get really hostile sometimes by those vocal people, especially on other sites. Also I just saw the flood of Camilla hate/hate for her fans on twitter right now so that hasn't helped today.

When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade! Hate is loud, but love is strong.

Think of it this way. The next few Fire Emblem games that players would praise about are probably single handedly financed by Camilla. No other character and their fan base have that kind of muscle to finance games just by themselves.

DxubZAHWwAIr5Kv.jpg

I expected F!Morgan to drop, but I'm surprised to see Selkie is still up in the top 20, even as Keaton and Kaden have (thankfully) dropped.

I'm torn between rallying behind Micaiah and supporting A!Tiki, and keeping up my votes for my favorites like F!Morgan, Skrimir, and Lyon, even though they'll not do well. I'd love to help Micaiah win - F!Robin and Micaiah sure sounds better than Camilla and Eirika to me.

3 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Does resenting the selfishness of people who vote for characters with multiple versions (and yes, that does include Nino) count as hate?

I can understand the feeling, but a sentiment like this is probably best kept in your head (or at least discussed in a small conversation away from a public forum) during such a volatile situation. I also think it's possible to resent something that someone does without saying that they're a shitty terrible person for it, but again ... time and place, check the mood, etc.

9 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

I'm okay with people hating Camilla, but I'm really tired to see people voting against her, and not for someone they like. It's like last year, people don't want her to win, and vote against. We can see this even on this thread. Okay you don't want her to win, okay you hate her, but please people, stop that, please.

I really think that they shouldn't have shown the mid result. She's close to winning, every year. And I know that some Camilla's fan will do something that I think stupid, they will spam the devs, because she will lose. That will lead to more alts of her and more hate.

I mean

I can't really help you out with that. I'm not voting a single girl this year, and except for yesterday's Reinhardt vote all of my votes are for people not in the game. Like how people who don't want Camilla getting a guaranteed seventh alt this year can't stop Camilla fans from voting her, Camilla fans can't stop people from rallying behind her competitors.

Like, there's absolutely nothing anyone can do other than just get frustrated.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

In this time of great controversy, I urge you to spare a vote for Bloom. He deserves at least to be considered more popular than is Isaacian counterpart Danann.

oQ0LONJ.png

You monster. Bloom and Hilda are the two FE characters I hate the most.

3 hours ago, Falcom said:

The Tellius games, if I recalled, didn't sell well. So I'd imagine not as many people know who Elincia truly is about and what made her great.

Definitely sucks cause I would love to see Elincia get a Brave alt.

EDIT: Guess that still wouldn't explain why Haar is up there but whatever.

Haar having good dialogue, great boss dialogue and being a god of a unit in Radiant Dawn is what people (that includes me) like about him.

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

mean

I can't really help you out with that. I'm not voting a single girl this year, and except for yesterday's Reinhardt vote all of my votes are for people not in the game. Like how people who don't want Camilla getting a guaranteed seventh alt this year can't stop Camilla fans from voting her, Camilla fans can't stop people from rallying behind her competitors.

Like, there's absolutely nothing anyone can do other than just get frustrated.

Yeah I'm just sad to see that these people are making what they don't want to happen, more Camilla's alts. They don't want to be happy by loving a character, like Micaiah's fan who loves her and support her, they want Camilla's fan to not have the hapiness to see her win. 

EDIT: I'm salty because of family matters, sorry

Edited by Drakhis

25 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

Nice to see Micaiah there.

Btw it's Hector/Lyn ^^

The leader of the midterms never relinquish their spot. The race is between Eirika, Female Robin, and Micaiah. Camilla and Alm are on the gravy train.

30 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Nice! The extra votes for Micaiah are appreciate <3; let's try to bring her to Top 1; or at least let her continue in Top 2.

Mangs' bald memes became even stronger; they went further beyond like Mekkah's Karel.

You have my sword. With Camilla sure to win and Edelgard a likely winner next year, Micaiah is going to have fierce competition for the 2nd place spot. I'll be giving her most of my remaining votes. Let's take Miccy to the top!

(I do want Eliwood to win on the mens side, if only to join his friends in the Brave Club)

29 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

You monster. Bloom and Hilda are the two FE characters I hate the most.

Haar having good dialogue, great boss dialogue and being a god of a unit in Radiant Dawn is what people (that includes me) like about him.

So they invoke emotion in you. Hence they are great characters. Better than bloody Dannan (and I know I can insult him all day because nobody here likes Dannan).