Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

I'm actually prepared for that possibility. I want Micaiah to win, obviously, but I'm not going to pretend people don't have their right to vote just for my own petty reasons. I'm not selfish and this is definitely not worth losing sleep for.

Okay then, if that's how you feel. :P

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

On a more positive note, I love all the fan art that's being uploaded. 

Yeah it's a great thing !

6 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Well if part of the outside influence is people who know nothing about FEH voting Camilla and the other part is people who know nothing about FEH voting Robin, they even each other out.

Or they would, if Robin was already 2nd, but she is 3rd. As I see it Micaiah will be the biggest victim of CYL history.

Yeah Micaiah should stay in the top, it's unfair if she lose because of this. (Same but worse if Camilla lose too)

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sooo, what if most of those Camilla and Female Robin voters didn't play the game and they ended up winning and booting MIcaiah out of the top 2? You'd probably be upset. I would be if my favorite character ended up being snubbed that way. And what if most players didn't actually want Camilla and Robin? It wouldn't really show IS what the players actually want.

Without that, Camilla was really high in the two previous Cyl. If she wins, it's a good thing because she deserves it. I really think that she could win without that, but anyway there is as many people who vote against her than people who vote for trolling. But those who vote for her just to annoy others are really childish.

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

ocv5m5xqwsc21.png

This is a cute one.

That's amazing! Kellam's dialogue being covered though lol.

Yes Freddy, support your wife with all your heart!

Edited by Anacybele

I, for one, will be sad if Micaiah loses the top two because people are trying to kick Camilla out.  This may be her last chance, with Three Houses coming out soon.  All of my votes are going to Micaiah, and I hope everyone else keeps at it too!  Please don't try to push F!Robin up just to kick out Camilla- you'll probably only kick out Micaiah.

Edited by Venmi
Removed "very"- that was hyperbolic. Considering we just lost our family dog, guess everything is a big deal at the moment.

@Robert of NormandyThanks. Alpharad doesn't seem like a bad guy, but I'm kinda disappointed he'd do something like this. Link provided to get people to vote is pretty uhh... sketchy. He could've handled this somewhat better if he'd just say "I'm voting for Robin in CYL. Join me fellow FEH players" or something like that without any links.

Edited by redlight

6 minutes ago, redlight said:

@Robert of NormandyThanks. Alpharad doesn't seem like a bad guy, but I'm kinda disappointed he'd do something like this. Link provided to get people to vote is pretty uhh... sketchy. He could've handled this somewhat better if he'd just say "I'm voting for Robin in CYL. Join me fellow FEH players" or something like that without any links.

I'm not sure excluding the link would have made a huge difference as people could have just Googled the event.

Really though, I don't think it's anything to get upset over. Not like CYL is some bastion of sanctity otherwise.

27 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Honestly if Camilla had won CYL 2. This whole debacle would be far less prevelent.

Yeah, the way CYL in general is handled is what caused this whole situation. If they wisely didn't release the Midterm Rankings, then there wouldn't be any where near as much mudslinging, and less feverish rally/anti-rallying nonsense going on.

31 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

As I see it Micaiah will be the biggest victim of CYL history.

IMO, the biggest victims are: Marth (CYL2, split vote), Camilla (CYL2, midterm reveal), and potentially Micaiah (CYL3, midterm reveal).

6 minutes ago, Azuni said:

IMO, the biggest victims are: Marth (CYL2, split vote), Camilla (CYL2, midterm reveal), and potentially Micaiah (CYL3, midterm reveal).

Same opinion as you, but potentially Micaiah AND Camilla (midterm reveal) with Anna and F!Robin being top 1 and Top 2.

Btw nice member icon! Selena for glory (I wonder when we will get her, and if she will have something in her name to differ from the other Selena).

Edited by Drakhis

Right it is mean, that is why I said it is a nasty way to put it.  However the word had been used previously from others, and I wanted to just cut to the heart of the matter why people upset about Camilla winning.  Why it was spilling over into criticizing fans of her and character bashing which is rampant throughout the thread.

The thing is CYL means much much more than this one banner coming in August.  It also largely dictates the release plans of the year.  Far fetched heroes, okay that is obvious.  However besides that it will greatly influence their strategy on alts what games get focused on, and what characters they release.  With Fates/Awakening being 14/40 taking the top 20 male and top 20 female and with many of the characters already being in the game and quite a few having alts already it encourages exactly what many people are upset about.  Fates/Awakening dominance on banner release, taking forever for banners for older games to come out, and increasing the alt count even further.  So it isn't just a simple contest and one banner, it likely ruins the rest of the year for many people.

The alt thing is common place for gacha games I guess, but I don't come from those, I want to see different faces and heroes.  Not the same ones over and over again with some new faces once every few months.  Hostility and mudslinging are bad, but the side that is already upset about the direction the game has gone this past year are even more so that this next year will be more of the same or even worse.  

34 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I'm not sure excluding the link would have made a huge difference as people could have just Googled the event.

Really though, I don't think it's anything to get upset over. Not like CYL is some bastion of sanctity otherwise.

It'd have just felt a bit less sketchy if you ask me

The issue people would have for it is because he's got a big following that could affect results (would make the FEH community's efforts helpless in the face of such a large following) and his fanbase doesn't watch him for FE. Telling people outside of a community to take part in it's event where you have them vote for a character you want just feels wrong to me. I doubt that he managed to have that much of an effect, but the intent was there. People who are constantly under the spotlight should watch what they say as they have an influence over their fandom. And some do use this actually. KingGeorge, a R6 streamer, told his audience to mass downvote a reddit post bcs it was calling him out for falsely accusing OP of stream sniping (he lost fair and square, he's just acting like a sore loser).

Edited by redlight

7 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

The thing is CYL means much much more than this one banner coming in August.  It also largely dictates the release plans of the year.  Far fetched heroes, okay that is obvious.  However besides that it will greatly influence their strategy on alts what games get focused on, and what characters they release.  With Fates/Awakening being 14/40 taking the top 20 male and top 20 female and with many of the characters already being in the game and quite a few having alts already it encourages exactly what many people are upset about.  Fates/Awakening dominance on banner release, taking forever for banners for older games to come out, and increasing the alt count even further.  So it isn't just a simple contest and one banner, it likely ruins the rest of the year for many people.

Like many people said on this thread, Marth, Ike, Donnel and many others have got really few alts after Cyl 1, same for Alm, Loki, Leif and Sigurd after Cyl 2.

It helps, but it's not THAT much of an influence on their strategy.

Edited by Drakhis

15 minutes ago, Azuni said:

Yeah, the way CYL in general is handled is what caused this whole situation. If they wisely didn't release the Midterm Rankings, then there wouldn't be any where near as much mudslinging, and less feverish rally/anti-rallying nonsense going on.

Releasing the midterm rankings increases engagement and participation. It’s thanks to those rankings that we got Brave Veronica. 

It is the wise choice to release them. 

3 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

Like many people said on this thread, Marth, Ike, Donnel and many others have got really few alts after Cyl 1, same for Alm, Loki, Leif and Sigurd after Cyl 2

Well guys are much less featured on seasonals which is still where the majority of alts are on.  

15 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

It’s thanks to those rankings that we got Brave Veronica. 

Yeah sure, "thanks". I'm sure Camilla was really happy about that. 

Though I'm not personally voting for her, I'll be rather satisfied if Camilla does take 1st this time after that awful robbery of 2nd last time.

23 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Right it is mean, that is why I said it is a nasty way to put it.  However the word had been used previously from others, and I wanted to just cut to the heart of the matter why people upset about Camilla winning.  Why it was spilling over into criticizing fans of her and character bashing which is rampant throughout the thread.

The alt thing is common place for gacha games I guess, but I don't come from those, I want to see different faces and heroes.  Not the same ones over and over again with some new faces once every few months.  Hostility and mudslinging are bad, but the side that is already upset about the direction the game has gone this past year are even more so that this next year will be more of the same or even worse.  

If people are getting that bent out of shape over a video game, that's their problem, not mine.  I'm not going to take responsibility for their immaturity.

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah sure, "thanks". I'm sure Camilla was really happy about that. 

Though I'm not personally voting for her, I'll be rather satisfied if Camilla does take 1st this time after that awful robbery of 2nd last time.

It just meant that the Camilla support wasn’t strong enough last year and not to underestimate the power of internet rallying. We’re seeing that now with F!Robin. 

So far I was again just voting for Caeldori(like last time), but today I was using the random hero option and Nichol was the lucky one. 
I'm not sure, if I should choose Micaiah next time, since she has realistic chances to win.

Edited by Morswo
Deleting old attachments.

23 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

Like many people said on this thread, Marth, Ike, Donnel and many others have got really few alts after Cyl 1, same for Alm, Loki, Leif and Sigurd after Cyl 2.

It helps, but it's not THAT much of an influence on their strategy.

I believe Celica hasn't really gotten anything after her victory either nor anyone connected to her. And there wasn't anything Hector related nor an additional Elibe banner after Brave Hector either. If I'm not mistaken than the Black Fang+Karla banner was the only Blazing banner last year. 

I actually don't think Chose your Legends is responsible for the present Fates overload. It would always have happened. Camilla didn't even win and still got showered with alts and its not like the other crossovers don't share this problem. The popularity poll might have played some role but not a very big one. 

6 minutes ago, Morswo said:

I'm not sure, if I should choose Micaiah next time, since she has realistic chances to win.

She needs all the support she can get. If the F!Robin rally support is strong or even stronger than the Veronica rally support from last year, Micaiah could actually end up in 3rd place. 

1 hour ago, Robert of Normandy said:

This appears to be what he posted:

Hide contents

9LyWhJB.jpg

So he did sort of push people to vote for her and some other characters, but it doesn't seem like a big enough of a deal to get upset over.

Edit: And SF borked the spoiler. Oh well.

That really doesn't seem that egregious. Maybe he could've explained what the contest was, but how many people are going to care about a fire emblem video that aren't fire emblem fans in some form? The fact that people are acting like this is voter fraud is a bit ridiculous.