Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

6 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

She needs all the support she can get. If the F!Robin rally support is strong or even stronger than the Veronica rally support from last year, Micaiah could actually end up in 3rd place. 

If this is the case, than I should really support Micaiah, maybe it is her last chance to win CYL.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Right it is mean, that is why I said it is a nasty way to put it.  However the word had been used previously from others, and I wanted to just cut to the heart of the matter why people upset about Camilla winning.  Why it was spilling over into criticizing fans of her and character bashing which is rampant throughout the thread.

The thing is CYL means much much more than this one banner coming in August.  It also largely dictates the release plans of the year.  Far fetched heroes, okay that is obvious.  However besides that it will greatly influence their strategy on alts what games get focused on, and what characters they release.  With Fates/Awakening being 14/40 taking the top 20 male and top 20 female and with many of the characters already being in the game and quite a few having alts already it encourages exactly what many people are upset about.  Fates/Awakening dominance on banner release, taking forever for banners for older games to come out, and increasing the alt count even further.  So it isn't just a simple contest and one banner, it likely ruins the rest of the year for many people.

The alt thing is common place for gacha games I guess, but I don't come from those, I want to see different faces and heroes.  Not the same ones over and over again with some new faces once every few months.  Hostility and mudslinging are bad, but the side that is already upset about the direction the game has gone this past year are even more so that this next year will be more of the same or even worse.  

You are forgetting something. The results of CYL isn't what manages to influence IS' decisions. It's actually the results of CYL vs what they expected the results to be that does that.

For example they called the results of CYL 2 "unexpected" what I think they meant are two things:

1. They weren't expecting the beasts to be so popular. If we assume that they had 0 plans to include them and they started to work on them right after CYL2 it makes sense to me. Some people may say that "it took a f*cking year" but honestly, if we consider that the standard is to work on a banner six months before its release, it makes sense they would need a year of work for Laguz since it's the usual 6 + whatever number of months they needed to figure out how to make a new weapon type. And they were already working ob Colorless breath and colored bows, so they probably needed to finish working on those first.

2. They weren't expecting OC to be so popular. With multiple OCs in the top 20. And would you look at that, after some months to process what happened they made more OCs available and they gave them alts.

Do you know what they probably didn't surprise them? Reinhardt in top 5. They knew he was popular and were already planning alts for him. Also Celica winning probably expected, and they were already convinced Echoes wasn't a priority even if she is popular.

As of this CYL3 I don't think Camilla doing well will make them change their plans for the rest of the year. They probably were aware she would do well regardless. Same thing for Alm. He is doing well, the rest of Valentia is not, which is probably why they aren't planning Echoes banners right now.

You wanna know what I think will surprise them? 2 Jugdral characters besides Reinhardt in the top 20.

I think will convince them to give a bit more priority to Legendary Sigurd.

Or if we are extremely lucky some Jugrdal alts this summer/fall.

Of course, if 0 characters from Fates and Awakening made the top 20 that would have also surpised them A LOT and probably made them change every banner they hadn't commisioned the art for already. But let's face it, that was never gonna happen, and they knew.

Which is why I think the relative success of Fateswakening won't change their plans one bit, but the relative success of Jugdral will.

6 minutes ago, Morswo said:

If this is the case, than I should really support Micaiah, maybe it is her last chance to win CYL.

Yes, if you can do it why not, I'm hoping that she will win. I will not vote for her because I vote for Camilla.

In my opinion, if she doesn't win this time, she will win next year. But if she gets more support it's a good thing.

You know, even though I'd like to see female Robin win, there is one thing I would like about Micaiah winning instead, despite my dislike of her. It would mean both Tellius lords win CYL and could encourage IS to re-release Tellius some time since there's all that love for the lords.

I’ve voted for Alm today, but I’m considering voting for Micaiah. I think her inclusion among the Brave Heroes will spice things more than the other options, considering the first place :dry:

10 hours ago, Hilda said:

What they should donis a first round of voting. Close it.

Reopen a 2. tound of voting but you can only pick from the top 5 male and females. That way the character most liked will win and the majority is happy. Instead of haveing all votes scathered across 200 chars. 

... Honestly, this IS actually a good idea. That's what they did for "A Hero Rises" as well.

Why didn't they think of this?

(I also think they should include a poll of characters not in the game so they can see which characters who are NOT IN THE GAME AT ALL people want most rather than votes being diverted towards those already in.)

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You know, even though I'd like to see female Robin win, there is one thing I would like about Micaiah winning instead, despite my dislike of her. It would mean both Tellius lords win CYL and could encourage IS to re-release Tellius some time since there's all that love for the lords.

You may also think that all the love for the Elibe lords, 3/4 having already won, and the fourth in 3rd place might make IS consider doing something about FE6 and FE7... and yet...

This is not to rain on your parade. I'm just telling you to not raise your expectations too high.

1 minute ago, GrandeRampel said:

You may also think that all the love for the Elibe lords, 3/4 having already won, and the fourth in 3rd place might make IS consider doing something about FE6 and FE7... and yet...

This is not to rain on your parade. I'm just telling you to not raise your expectations too high.

FE7 and FE6 aren't nearly as difficult to access though. Tellius is very expensive and hard to find now.

Also, Donnel doesn't have an alt. Donnel has never had an alt. Not sure why he was brought up about a page ago ?_?

EDIT: Also, my opinion on "rallying" votes behind characters is mostly that if you're someone who has played FEH, FE, or have any interest whatsoever in the game, you'd probably want to vote in CYL to express which characters you like.

However, if you literally have never played a single game, don't care about the games, or outright don't like FE, and you're only voting for "the salt" or because some famous person told you to, that's more than a little shitty. It doesn't affect them but it could force people who don't want those results who are affected to be stuck with it like a certain election. Female Robin was never unpopular, but she was never higher than her male counterpart on either previous CYL nor should her Grima self push her so high up above male Robin and I really can't see her getting that high on her own without outside influence.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, Donnel doesn't have an alt. Donnel has never had an alt. Not sure why he was brought up about a page ago ?_?

Because Donnel was in 10th place or something for males in the first CYL.

We were talking about how doing well in CYL doesn't mean you'll get an alt.

2 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

True, lords are in a way apart from the masses of their respective games. They endure with time, while the peons largely sink from the general memory into the abyss. However Fates should age, with beauty or wrinkles, it is certain Azura, Corrin and their families shall endure, whilst others become "whos?" forgotten to time, despite whatever praise may be deserved for them.

And speaking of Elibe, updating my old topic on game-by-game representation, FE6 is at 22%, FEs 9&10 together are at 21%. Somehow, even with the Laguz five, Tellius still loses in percentage to a game that has not received any characters since launch.

Higher raw count yes, and factoring out certain underdeveloped RD characters, it is probably equal or even in Tellius's favor, but that is still in a way, bad.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Do you mean when I was saying that characters who were high enough in Cyl 1? He was like 10, but he didn't have an alt. It's what I was saying, Cyl can help you to get an alt, but it's the devs who choose.

Edit: GrandeRampel has said everything I wanted to say. Thanks ^^

1 minute ago, GrandeRampel said:

Because Donnel was in 10th place or something for males in the first CYL.

We were talking about how doing well in CYL doesn't mean you'll get an alt.

Edited by Drakhis

Right, and I think at this point enough of us have reason to believe that the devs are or have become ridiculously biased to the point where if a character doesn't either win CYL or get high enough to make Farfetched Heroes, there's no guarantee the devs will even care how high they are.

I'm not even into Heroes anymore but what still amuses me is that, Fates is still underrepresented despite all it's banners, because they refuse to do anything but the siblings.

Edited by IS Bath Salts HQ

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Right, and I think at this point enough of us have reason to believe that the devs are or have become ridiculously biased to the point where if a character doesn't either win CYL or get high enough to make Farfetched Heroes, there's no guarantee the devs will even care how high they are.

How dare you insult the Inviolable Sovereign! Someone stone this demonspawn! And feed their corpse to Ilyana!

1 minute ago, IS Bath Salts HQ said:

I'm not even into Heroes anymore but what still amuses me is that, Fates is still underrepresented despite all it's banners, because they refuse to do anything but the siblings.

What? They have the highest percentage of PCs in the game out of any part of the FE franchise. They've 41 of their playables, 59.42% of them, which is more than Magvel, Tellius, and Binding Blade combined.

On Seasonals, yeah they should have more variety than the siblings, but Seasonals are more of a luxury.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What? They have the highest percentage of PCs in the game out of any part of the FE franchise. They've 41 of their playables, 59.42% of them, which is more than Magvel, Tellius, and Binding Blade combined.

On Seasonals, yeah they should have more variety than the siblings, but Seasonals are more of a luxury.

Well yeah that is true, it's more I feel like we should have had a lot more characters from every game in general by this point but it's funny to me that Fates still fits that criteria because whomever is in charge of FEH is so afraid to try anything not proven to sell anymore, but instead they pander to a select 12. More the pressing issue here. 

Edited by IS Bath Salts HQ

Honestly, the royal siblings hogging all the Fates seasonal spots (except for the two Kagero and one Niles) just makes me think even more that IS has stopped giving a fuck, as well as the Adrift banner. Adrift could've been a new banner that added actual characters, maybe Rinkah, Hayato, Orochi, Charlotte, and/or Benny. Some combination of those. Also, characters like Oboro aren't even unpopular. Sure, she fell in CYL2 a bit, but that's because base Heroes Oboro isn't super great unless you invest very heavily in her, and has no good fodder. She was third in that Japan-only poll and scored high enough to get artwork in that one DLC, so she's not even unpopular.

But somewhere along the way, IS just decided to force the royals and only the royals down our throats, whether people want them or not.

11 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

One thing to consider is that maybe the actual "minority" is people who take this contest so seriously they talk about it for 45 pages. Us, basically.

Perhaps over 50% of the voters are more casual and just put their vote in and MAYBE share it on twitter with the function already on the vote site, before going on with their day as usual.

Anyway, I voted for Camilla again today.

A voice of reason. Too many people forget about the wider playerbase and their opinions. It seems there must be plenty that don't care about alts, too many Camillas, or pushing less-represented characters into the game. Just because a lot of hardcore people that care enough to be on a forum about the game lose their minds over that stuff doesn't mean everybody does. The fact that people 50 pages into this thread still seem to be in "disbelief" that Camilla could be the top spot right now already shows how out of touch they might be.

2 hours ago, Drakhis said:

Anyway, even if I want Camilla to win, I think that voting for her, just to annoy people, is just childish, and really not nice at all.

The opposite is childish too. Voting to make Camilla out of the top is a bad thing.

Indeed. The whole spirit of it being a popularity poll voting is ruined when it becomes a war of people voting for salt or spite. Midterm results are such a dumb idea.

13 minutes ago, IS Bath Salts HQ said:

Well yeah that is true, it's more I feel like we should have had a lot more characters from every game in general by this point but it's funny to me that Fates still fits that criteria because whomever is in charge of FEH is so afraid to try anything not proven to sell anymore, but instead they pander to a select 12. More the pressing issue here. 

The thing is what has Fates realistically left to include? Considering every rotal retainer is in the game they have most of their cast in Heroes.

Spoiler

Mozu
Izana
Shura
Fuga

Rinkah
Orochi
Hayato
Reina
Kaden

Nyx
(Charlotte)
Benny
Keaton

This is everything left of Gen 1. That's not a lot, especially compared to the other games. It's actually about as much as what is left for SoV and I highly doubt we're getting another banner from that game in the foreseeable future (but that's more because of the small cast).

Now Gen 2 on the other hand is very likely to get a banner now since Selkie is popular and they introduced Beasts (plus Forrest and Kiragi are still noteable omissions). Still, the Hoshidan children were completely screwed over thanks to Wings of Fate and out of all things Rhajat being in the first banner.

But no, we're probably getting another Carmilla. After her Legendary, Mythic and Brave version of course.

Edited by Magus of Memery

21 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Adrift could've been a new banner that added actual characters, maybe Rinkah, Hayato, Orochi, Charlotte, and/or Benny.

The adrift banner was really good in my opinion and of all new characters available, only Arete could have made sense (But it made sense that she was not in).

17 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Indeed. The whole spirit of it being a popularity poll voting is ruined when it becomes a war of people voting for salt or spite. Midterm results are such a dumb idea.

I agree. Midterm results caused too many bad things (But I know that it's partly the fault of some people, and if everyone could keep doing everything without salt and all, it could be just something good to know)

Edited by Drakhis

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Not that it makes much of a difference, but Jakob has an alt too. When can Felicia get one, dammit?!

I totally forgot he existed. And I even have him.

1 minute ago, Drakhis said:

The adrift banner was really good in my opinion and of all new characters available, only Arete could have made sense (But it made sense that she was not in).

The Adrift banner was poorly timed. This is a banner full of alts (and one new character who is apparently technically still an alt) for a game that already had a lot of characters in the base game, had a new heroes banner recently, AND was yet another banner that didn't demote anyone during a time period that didn't demote anyone for MONTHS.

I wouldn't have minded Adrift nearly as much if it had come later, at least after Binding Blade's first banner. I wouldn't have minded Adrift nearly as much if it had the grace to at least drop Mikoto into the pool. But as it was, it was a banner for a game that already has more representation than any other game, filled with alts, that came not very long after its previous banner, that didn't even demote anyone. It is the combination of all these things that made it unnecessary for when it was released.

8 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

I liked the Adrift banner too. Despite having 3 alts, the banner units are pretty good. Too bad Mikoto wasn't demoted from that banner, because I would like to +10 her.

Also, from all Camillas alts, Adrift is my favorite one. I don't have her, but maybe I can get her in a skills banner or Legendary/Mythic banner.

Edit: Arete would be a cool GHB unit.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Also, from all Camillas alts, Adrift is my favorite one. I don't have her, but maybe I can get her in a skills banner or Legendary/Mythic banner.

Same! Adrift Camilla is my favorite one too, and even if I have put so many orbs, she's not in my barrack ^^

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Edit: Arete would be a cool GHB unit.

Yes!

Spoiler

In a fallen hero banner she could be a cool GHB! (because in her normal form, she doesn't feel like GHB for me)