Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

18 minutes ago, Yexin said:

and no, i personally don't think any single camilla hater's gonna stop complaining if she's actually gonna win: in fact, they'll be even angrier, because they didn't manage to """fulfill their camilla-destruction campaign"""

you make good a point overall and I'm actually in the camp that wants midterm results to stay. However while yes camilla haters will say that, I'm willing to bet it will only last 6 or so months before it quiets down(unless of course IS gives us yet ANOTHER camilla seasonal in which case all hell is gonna break loose) and by the next CYL those haters would've moved on to better things cause no one would really care about Camilla in CYL anymore. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Camilla win, we probably will have more Loki or Tharja vote next year, I dunno if it will end one day. x)

I'm tired of that tho.  I don't even be angry if Camilla win, but  now.. just after another alt. It's a little bit much. ^^

My vote :

Ishtar/Haar most of the time + Nephenee/Jill.
I want another Sigurd and Lachesis too.

1 hour ago, Drakhis said:

I think I understand the meaning, but not the words in this sentence ^^

We will all make a few mistakes in what we write/say in life, so it isn't a real problem when you do. I recall one time I spelled "whether" as "wether", which apparently is a word meaning "castrated ram".

As the "giraffe", it's a play on the word "gaffe", another word for "mistake", particularly those which are funny in some way. By intentionally changing gaffe to giraffe, I just stress the meaning of it being okay to make mistakes like this. Since by changing gaffe to giraffe, I make it sound like it is okay to artificially inseminate an African long-necked mammal.

16 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

In my opinion this is a top tier ballot right here.

Ena is on it, not a bad choice at all. She is cute, without being cutesy. Overall, I like her character.

As for Ashera, her portrait is so weird, nobody in RD has one that looks like her. Her official artwork is normal, but it's like they intentionally tried to stress how aloof she is from everyone and everything in Tellius by making her like that. This said, she is a literal goddess, would not be a bad addition at all.

29 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

(unless of course IS gives us yet ANOTHER camilla seasonal in which case all hell is gonna break loose)

But Master Young Xhefnort requires an 8th Camilla. They must have their 7 Camillas of Darkness and their 13 Braves of Light (the 13th being Kiran, and one is these is a traitor Camilla). That way they can observe what the world looked like before Zenith came into existence.

More seriously, how many more Seasonals can Camilla wiggle her way into? Of the "regular" Seasonal trends left, she has Valentine's, Brides, Halloween, and Christmas. She has already received one non-Special Heroes alt, so far the limit. She has yet a Mythic or Legendary.

Christmas she probably can't do since she has New Year's, and she has Spring, which is close to Bridal. Valentine's is the next one, so she shouldn't be there either for now. Halloween is the sole unquestionable remaining standard Seasonal she has left. And a Legendary/Mythic Camilla, while possible, might have been pseudo-sated through Adrift.

So I do think Camilla is approaching total alt saturation. Although there is always potential room for more, all they have to do is add more "irregular" banners. In which case, time to call in the Irregular Hunter.

Spoiler

Mega Man X

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

We will all make a few mistakes in what we write/say in life, so it isn't a real problem when you do. I recall one time I spelled "whether" as "wether",

*vomits

So I do think Camilla is approaching total alt saturation. 

Did you just say...?

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

But like, and correct me if there's some support out there saying otherwise, Camilla has like no connection to Young Azura at all (nor does Corrin for that matter, they never even met until the game itself I'm pretty sure). While Arete was Azura's mother and would have been way more suitable to get all introspective about.

I agree Aerete should make more sense, but like I said, I think they have her slated for something else so they may have not wanted to use her for it. So they picked out some other characters to go with the theme. At least they did something unique with Camilla by going with the alternate personality thing. They put more effort into that banner's theme than usual, even if seeing more alts kind of took most of the attention from people.

5 hours ago, Drakhis said:

Thanks! 6Milla is a dream, but even if I'm trying to get every Camilla, I'm always getting someone else (Yes I'm talking about you BOTH Morgan)

I know that feeling! IF Camilla does still win this CYL, will you save up for her or just take the free pick? I may actually try to save up orbs for the first time to +10 a 5* unit. It would be really hard to save through all the summer banners, but I might still try. 

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As the "giraffe", it's a play on the word "gaffe", another word for "mistake", particularly those which are funny in some way. By intentionally changing gaffe to giraffe, I just stress the meaning of it being okay to make mistakes like this. Since by changing gaffe to giraffe, I make it sound like it is okay to artificially inseminate an African long-necked mammal.

"Giraffe" is the French word for Giraffe, and "une gaffe" means gaffe ^^ I'm feeling a bit stupid to not have noticed that xD

8 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I know that feeling! IF Camilla does still win this CYL, will you save up for her or just take the free pick? I may actually try to save up orbs for the first time to +10 a 5* unit. It would be really hard to save through all the summer banners, but I might still try.

Same! I will save up to +10 her, but if Idunn is in a banner, I may try to get her first (But I will keep some orbs). Thankfully the event banner that could hurt me the most is Halloween, so I'm lucky because it's two months after the brave banner.

Good luck to +10 her if she wins!

Edit: For the free pick I'm going to take the one that will be useful to clear all the quest (Like Veronica in CYL 2)

Last time I was so lucky, I pulled a neutral Veronica in the first summons, so Brave Hector was my pick. This time, I don't think that I will get a neutral unit, but who knows?

Edited by Drakhis

So thinking about the Three Houses thing:

So far, each CYL has had all four of its finalists from different games. CYL3 isn't over yet, but it looks like a safe bet to continue that pattern: even if one or both of the current 3rd place characters move up, it wouldn't change that. (We'd need something like Chrom/Robin or Camilla/Azura, and neither of those look plausible.) It's not some hard and fast rule, but I don't think it's a coincidence, either. Each game only has so many fans, and it's difficult for one game to rally enough support for multiple characters at once.

Three Houses is new territory, of course, and I do think it has a good shot of breaking the pattern. I could see two Three Houses characters winning CYL4, probably one male and one female. But three seems like a stretch to me, and four is probably impossible. Especially with midway totals seeming to be here to stay.

12 hours ago, Lewyn said:

One other thing about Eirika vs Camilla fans that I didn't address, Adrift Camilla is just as "serious" as an alt as the wild far fetched Glepnir wielding Eirika.  That tome wielding Eirika was the only alt of her in the game during CYL2.  Legendary Eirika, since people are talking about Bolverk legendary Camilla, only came in November long after CYL2 finished.  So the serious alt argument doesn't really work here.

Eirika wielding dark magic is basically pulled from two possible things: the dark magic glitch and the endgame of Sacred Stones, where she was feeling the temptation of bringing Lyon and everyone killed in the war back. An interesting what-if scenario in which she could not just let Lyon dying go and fell for the Demon King's false promises just like Lyon did.

42 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

So, checking out that 4chan link was my first time visiting there...and also my last because holy shit, that place really is as bad as I’ve heard. Suddenly, the GameFaqs boards don’t look as bad.

I don't know; I found something endearing about how unapologetic and straighforward they're; it's quite fun for someone like me.

15 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But what about Caeldori and Asugi? Is Awakening a dinosaur now? I thought they were popular? 

I'm not sure what's your point is? Caeldori and Asugi are about as bad as her, being essentially pseudo-alts, just not labelled that way.
In Heroes we only have Shiro and Rhajat for Hoshido Gen 2 while Nohr gets Siegbert, Soleil, Ophelia and Nina. So that's 4vs1 in terms of original children and that's pretty terrible.

Awakening is apparently not important enough considering we only got 2 banners this year (with almost no seasonal representation), 1 being very underwhelming (the one with KE Chrom and the Morgans).
You know for the game that actually saved the franchise (for better or worse) they certainly don't treat it that way.

Edited by Magus of Memery

2 hours ago, Othin said:

What if Camilla gets a CYL alt and it still doesn't use a serious style, if IS thinks it's not what her appeal is?

I would be incredibly sad then, considering many of the CYL winners had their new art done by the original artist (so I'd like to see a Kozaki Camilla). Even the artist for base form Camilla in FEH works for me better than the less serious art style of her later alts.

Interesting how when I looked back through the list of CYL winners who didn't have the og artist (Hector and Lyn), they instead had a legendary version with the og artist (also applies to Hero-King Marth with the SD remake artist). I wonder if that could happen to Camilla in the future as well, if the CYL version doesn't follow through first.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

So, checking out that 4chan link was my first time visiting there...and also my last because holy shit, that place really is as bad as I’ve heard. Suddenly, the GameFaqs boards don’t look as bad.

Gfaqs has become so bad now I honestly think it still might be worse.

34 minutes ago, Othin said:

So thinking about the Three Houses thing:

So far, each CYL has had all four of its finalists from different games. CYL3 isn't over yet, but it looks like a safe bet to continue that pattern: even if one or both of the current 3rd place characters move up, it wouldn't change that. (We'd need something like Chrom/Robin or Camilla/Azura, and neither of those look plausible.) It's not some hard and fast rule, but I don't think it's a coincidence, either. Each game only has so many fans, and it's difficult for one game to rally enough support for multiple characters at once.

Three Houses is new territory, of course, and I do think it has a good shot of breaking the pattern. I could see two Three Houses characters winning CYL4, probably one male and one female. But three seems like a stretch to me, and four is probably impossible. Especially with midway totals seeming to be here to stay.

I think Edelgard is a 99.9% lock for first next year. Just like Celica, she'll be the lead girl of the most recent game and soak up attention and votes. The male side may be more dividided between the male avatar(or whatever Byleth is) and the other 2 male lords. So Eiliwood, Chrom, or whoever else could still take a top spot, if not both. The second spot for the female side would likely have whoever gets bumped to third this year, be it Camilla, Robin or Micaiah. If there's a strong enough popularity for a female side character in 3H then she could usurp that too, though.

44 minutes ago, Magus of Memery said:

... what's your point? Caeldori and Asugi are about as bad as her, being essentially pseudo-alts, just not labelled that way.
We only have Shiro and Rhajat for Hoshido Gen 2 while Nohr gets Siegbert, Soleil, Ophelia and Nina.

To me, it sounded like you suggested that by playing Rhajat already, they wasted a popular Hoshidan 2nd Gen and that there were none left. Thus I pointed to Caeldori and Asugi. Perhaps I misunderstood.

44 minutes ago, Magus of Memery said:

Awakening is apparently not important enough considering we only got 2 banners this year (with almost no seasonal representation), 1 being very underwhelming (the one with KE Chrom). You know for the game that actually saved the franchise (for better or worse) they certainly don't market it that way.

The second one was, barring the flying Olivia, not so bad, Walhart is good, Chrom's most pushed love, Maribelle and Libra was the most popular remaining 13 male not in yet. And I guess the Morgans are worth something (but not pally Chrom).

The entire 1st Gen is almost in already, and we have more than half the kids left. All that remains is:

Spoiler

Gen 1

1. Vaike
  2. Miriel
  3. Panne (who might be like the name of my elementary school's puberty video- "Just Around the Corner")
  4. Kellam
  5. Ricken
  6. Gregor
  7. Anna
  8. Say'ri
  9. Basilio
  10. Flavia
  11. Gangrel
  12. Emmeryn
  13. Yen'fay
  14. And Who is Your Greatx100 Grandaddy? Seriously, Who?

Gen 2:

1. Brady
  2. Severa
  3. Kjelle
  4. Cynthia
  5. Yarne
  6. Laurent
  7. Noire
  8. Nah

Of these, in Gen 1, we have a lot of men left, generally those who are less handsome. With Panne assuredly coming eventually, all we have left is: Miriel- a nerd; Anna- but we already have her sister; Say'ri- they already played the broken sword woman card twice- can they really do it again?; Flavia- maybe too manly?; and Emmeryn- do we trust IS not to pander this mentally impaired from traveling at terminal velocity woman (although she could be summoned five feet from before impact)?

Gen 2 has more potential, since five of them are women. And there are enough for two banners exactly. But how popular are all of these characters?

There was the Seasonal decline, some they still had- Cordelia and Noire. But it seems when they decided to diversify Seasonals by including characters from the older games, the 13 half of the 13 & 14 emphasis of the first year was consistently the sacrifice.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To me, it sounded like you suggested that by playing Rhajat already, they wasted a popular Hoshidan 2nd Gen and that there were none left. Thus I pointed to Caeldori and Asugi. Perhaps I misunderstood.

Yeah, no.
I was very dissatisfied to see Rhajat instead of any other child for that matter but on the other hand due to IS' stupid boner for females there weren't other girls to take her place. Caeldori is as bad as Rhajat and Selkie coulnd't be implemented, so that leaves us with Mitama as a Hoshido-exclusive.
imo Midori would have been much better.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Of these, in Gen 1, we have a lot of men left, generally those who are less handsome. With Panne assuredly coming eventually, all we have left is: Miriel- a nerd; Anna- but we already have her sister; Say'ri- they already played the broken sword woman card twice- can they really do it again?; Flavia- maybe too manly?; and Emmeryn- do we trust IS not to pander this mentally impaired from traveling at terminal velocity woman?

Gen 2 has more potential, since five of them are women. And there are enough for two banners exactly. But how popular are all of these characters?

Specifically Gen 2 had much more potential and they only included the Morgans, Gerome and Owain so far. Tbf Severa and Inigo would have been pretty boring since
1. they are canonically Infantry Swords (though they could have made Severa a Horseman aka mounted Archer and Inigo an Axe Hero).
2. technically they are in the game.
Still, Cynthia is a very curious omission and Noire is only in the game as a Seasonal.

14 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I think Edelgard is a 99.9% lock for first next year. Just like Celica, she'll be the lead girl of the most recent game and soak up attention and votes. The male side may be more dividided between the male avatar(or whatever Byleth is) and the other 2 male lords. So Eiliwood, Chrom, or whoever else could still take a top spot, if not both. The second spot for the female side would likely have whoever gets bumped to third this year, be it Camilla, Robin or Micaiah. If there's a strong enough popularity for a female side character in 3H then she could usurp that too, though.

Yeah, Edelgard seems pretty likely to me as well. We'll have to see how she and the rest of the cast turn out, but lords have a big advantage and the female side seems like it has room.

My guess is Edelgard and one of the male lords as Three Houses finalists, each joined by a 3rd or 4th place finisher from CYL3.

I don't really agree with the notion that Three Houses coming out will make it impossible for anyone (Micaiah, or Camilla, or Eirika, or Chrom, or Eliwood, or whoever) to win in the future. In all the CYL results, we've never seen two characters win from the same game at once. Even assuming that Three Houses is a bit bigger as the first new non-remake released during FEH's lifetime, I'd be surprised if the game contribute more than one man and one woman to CYL4's winning circle (assuming the format is unchanged from the first three). Not everyone is going to love the new game and the votes from fans of other games will still go somewhere.

Not to say people shouldn't try to support their winners right now, but I definitely don't think this is anyone's last chance, as long as there are more CYL events in the future.

While I'm not too fond of Camilla, it's no surprise that she's number 1 at this point. This is the third time around the block for CYL and she ended up in 4th and 3rd places in the 2 previous rounds. She was bound to win it at some point and if it's not this year, it would have been next year. 

As for the alts, I think people overestimate how much CYL results impact how much alts you get. Celica, who has actually won CYL only has her Fallen and Brave all, not a single seasonal one. Nino, who placed 39th and 12th overall, only has her flying alt version. Meanwhile, Kagero, who placed 86th and 90th overall got two seasonal alts this year. 

Even if we look at Lyn, who won the first CYL for women, she only has 2 seasonal alts, the other 2 being her Brave version, which happened because of the community and her Legendary version, which isn't all that surprising.

Camilla is just a strange outlier since, for some reason, despite not being the most popular in both previous rounds, she managed to get 4 seasonal alts plus a themed alt. My guess is that the devs have a Fates bias (which is entirely possible since I heard the current game director for FEH was the game director for Fates) and Camilla is the Fates character that got the most votes in both rounds of CYL. Plus, most gacha games rely on waifus to sell, so that probably contributes to her being picked over say, Leo or Takumi. So I don't think that Camilla's placement will necessarily influence who gets seasonal alts or not since CYL results didn't help Ike, Alm or even Lucina (who only has one seasonal alt) get seasonal variants.

As for the argument that Camilla voters are selfish since they stop characters that aren't in the game from getting in, the only characters that aren't playable in the top 10 of both polls are Lif and Bruno, two enemy only FEH OCs. Add that most people vote for their favorite characters no matter whether they're in the game or not in CYL since they want their favorite character to get a powerful Brave alt they can get for free. And as far as the far-fetched/brave redux of this year is concerned, voting for Camilla in no way impacts who's gonna show up there.

At the end of the day, the name of this event is "Choose Your  Legends" not "Choose my favorite character because they aren't in the game yet, not your favorite character since I don't like them and they already have 12 alts". Vote for who you want to win and live with the results. It's a shame if your character doesn't make the cut, but that's something that happens in popularity contests. 

2 hours ago, Troykv said:

I don't know; I found something endearing about how unapologetic and straighforward they're; it's quite fun for someone like me.

they are brutally efficient when organised, far better investigators than any other, they have found terrorist camps using only video footage.

3 hours ago, Michelaar said:

All this serious and not happy talk.... let's talk about something fun!

Reveal hidden contents

5wkfUm.jpg

In my opinion this is a top tier ballot right here.

we really do need kris in the game. Barring mark(who I don't really count anyway) they are the only avatar not yet in the game.

Edited by Ottservia

2 hours ago, Troykv said:

...I can kinda see it, but at the same time, I'm in more than a handful of demographics they scoffed at for either existing or liking Fire Emblem (probably both).

Since I'm attracted to females but not attracted to Camilla, I wonder what I'd get- but I heavily suspect it'd be the usual anti-asexual drivel I've heard often enough. Never directed at me, though.

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah that was really bad. Just a bunch of edgelords saying everyone is gay or afraid of woman. Most people move out of that phase at about 14 if not sooner.