Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe it is just because it is the only Fates movie clip I've watched any notable part of, and not intentionally, but I remember it. Just before she joins in the port battle- Chapter 14- during the opening clip, the camera is focused on her skirt for a moment while she happily hops in front of Corrin (I think) to get their attention. At this time, you can see the black frill of her panties sticking out, not everything, but still, this is the first thing you see in the clip, and I can't help but think that was intentional. I just checked, since I have a Great Master Rev run at that exact chapter.

Can you really class them as panties? They're bloomers. ...Which reminds me of that one episode from Soul Eater, hahah.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lau said:

Can you really class them as panties? They're bloomers. ...Which reminds me of that one episode from Soul Eater, hahah.

The fact that she’s young enough to still be wearing bloomers makes being allowed to s-support her all the more awkward and wrong. Then again in said Soul eater episode death did say it was a trendy fashion staple many years ago but I doubt that’s what the devs were going for. That Soul eater scene was hilarious though.

I alternated my vote for Micaiah and Tharja up until the final 2 days. Sent my last two to Eliwood in hopes he wins, he did way better than I expected and would love to see him secure one of those spots.

I do hope next year they make the change to separate the male and female voting though, I think that might make the choices a bit easier.

9 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I alternated my vote for Micaiah and Tharja up until the final 2 days. Sent my last two to Eliwood in hopes he wins, he did way better than I expected and would love to see him secure one of those spots.

I do hope next year they make the change to separate the male and female voting though, I think that might make the choices a bit easier.

I agree. Parity for all.

If Camilla isn't going anywhere, I'm hoping Alm, Eliwood, and Micaiah are the other three winners. Marth is cool but I'm satisfied with his legendary alt.

Also hoping the Tellius and Jugdral characters lower on the rankings maintain their positions, especially Haar.

In a video game with dragons, shapeshifters, magic and maids being a combat class, if it is a "non-practical-looking armour" that breaks your immersion, then I feel you're just being weird.

It just sounds like an excuse.

Edited by Vince777

On 26/01/2019 at 10:25 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Under the assumption that Ranulf is already in the works, I'm making my symbolic Beast vote go to Skrimir. An RD addition who played a solid supporting role in Part 3's plot, getting a full character development arc from there to the end of Part 4. Sure it's only him going from RAWR! ME FIGHT! to a temperament much more reasonable, but there are FE lords who in an entire game don't get even that. -Well maybe they do, but I'm not detecting/feeling it so readily as I am with the real young lion. That's just me.

More often than not, don't you think FE lords are the most developed in their game? 

In FE7, it is debatable whether Hector is the most developed character or Nino. In FE8, I'm pretty sure the most developed is Eirika. In FE9, Jill is probably the most developed. In FE10, I'd say Micaiah is the most developed based on my huge wall of text. Haven't played Shadow Dragon but from my reading of the script, pretty sure Marth is more developed than any other character. Celica is the most developed SoV as well considering her arc of relying on gods to not relying on them. 

Edited by Icelerate

10 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

> I voted for Tellius and Jugdral characters

> Things are easy for me since I don't care for games pre-Awakening

Pick one

You also think this is just a popularity contest that doesn't matter and that Camilla winning would be good for the community.  You also put most of your votes towards Camilla for her 7th version (and likely cause of winning CYL an 8th and 9th version this very year).  

What would actually be good for the community is if IS didn't screw over older games so bad.  What you have is one group that is heavily favored, and one group that is getting hardly anything.  Then you have the heavily favored group enjoying and encouraging continued favorable treatment.  There is the source of friction, so resentment from the shunned group goes from just against IS to against the favored group.  If things were anywhere close to fair most complaints would go away.

4 hours ago, Midnox said:

I think Awakening handled it rather well, so I’m not completely against the avatar trend yet. I believe the main blessing Robin has over Corrin is that they are a deuteragonists, instead of the protagonist.

giphy.gif

Seriously, had she gone to a more practical armor, but keeping her assets intact and showing a bit of clevage she still would have won fans over

Not only that one,  it also where Elise drags Corrin and they bump on Camilla’s.... you guessed it, breasts, her main character trait being her obsession to any avatar character (because if Kiran is around, she forgets about Corrin) with heavy incest overtones, and all but one of her Heroes alts focusing only on her fanservice makes her stand out in a negative way for many, including myself

That is so true, it is Chrom's story, Robin is second in importance.  In Fates it is Corrin's story, and no one even comes as a close 2nd.  I hope Three Houses it is done like Robin if there is avatar, or even better like Mark from FE7...almost nonexistent.  

Yes if her armor was practical she definitely would receive less criticism.  Now having impractical attire by itself isn't going to cause tons of complaint but combined with all the other aspects of her character it makes her seem like someone created first and foremost to pander to lonely teenage males and the most fanservicy character by far in the history of the game.  

Oh yeah I remember that lovely cut scene, I think in her supports with Corrin she wants to go with Male Corrin to the hot springs, then you have Leo confessing his love for Camilla his blood sister and that being the primary reason he is jealous of Corrin.  That classy big sister fetish and Camilla's assets thrown in the player's face constantly, there isn't any big mystery why she has taken so much heat since her creation.  

@Interdimensional Observer Yeah that panty/bloomer shot was like WTF?   Apparently the Japanese version is even much much more perverted in regards to Elise, thankfully they cleaned it up a lot before release here.  

3 hours ago, Vince777 said:

In a video game with dragons, shapeshifters, magic and maids being a combat class, if it is a "non-practical-looking armour" that breaks your immersion, then I feel you're just being weird.

Wait, who was talking about immersion?

53 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

You also think this is just a popularity contest that doesn't matter and that Camilla winning would be good for the community.  You also put most of your votes towards Camilla for her 7th version (and likely cause of winning CYL an 8th and 9th version this very year).  

What would actually be good for the community is if IS didn't screw over older games so bad.  What you have is one group that is heavily favored, and one group that is getting hardly anything.  Then you have the heavily favored group enjoying and encouraging continued favorable treatment.  There is the source of friction, so resentment from the shunned group goes from just against IS to against the favored group.  If things were anywhere close to fair most complaints would go away.

0 characters from Awakening and Fates won last year, and yet here we are, with a lot of alts for them at every Seasonal.

At this point I want to believe that the reason was that since they couldn't put any characters from the Fates games on the brave banner, they gave them seasonals to compensate as a consolation prize to their fans. Which means, that if Camilla gets 3rd place with only a few votes short to 2nd place AGAIN, they may wanna give her fans even more "consolation prizes".

By that logic it would be better for the community if she won. And honestly you say that Fates is overepresented, which is kind of true, but only in seasonals.

Because Fates actually got the same number of New Heroes banners as Geneaology last year. The fact IS doesn't want to stop doing more and more seasonal is the real problem, not the fact that there are enough Camilla fans to make her win the popularity contest. And that problem wouldn't be resolved by kicking Camilla out of the top 2 to make space for other characters who also have seasonals.

It seems that we can only agree to disagree, since many people are making Camilla to be the boogeyman of every problem with seasonals, when in my opinion that's an over-simplified way to look at the problem. It's way more complicated than just Camilla and just this stupid CYL.

Also, a little thing that I want to add. You say that one group (the Fates fans) is getting better treatment, which is true. But a part of that group is frustrated, even with all the special treatment we get. Frustrated because we aren't taken seriously. Because every other game released internationally (+ Binding) has won a brave alt, except our game. I see some toxic people clamoring to keep "all the Fates sh*t" out of the top for this CYL, and every other CYL in the future.

Like we don't deserve to be part of the CELEBRATION that is the Brave Heroes. As if Camilla would stick out and be a disrace next to Marth and Alm, already assuming that she will be only fanservice, like a serious Queen of Nohr version is impossible.

It's frustrating... I know a lot of people, I know IRL people who have Fates as their favorite game, and can recognize its flaws but still love it. They love the style, the thematic distinction between Hoshido and Nohr. We love to analize the characters, even if it means diggin through some bland supports.

I have seen so many people that take Camilla very seriously and have wrote pages and pages about her complex character in Fates.

We do NOT like to be ridiculed. And this is true even when the ridicule helps. I'm super mad at the 4chan morons that see us as a way to piss people off, and nothing more. I hate them almost as much as people who over simplify Fates as a whole and say that "only otaku degenerates" would like it. It's lke saying all of our passion and work doesn't matter because we will never be more than a joke to more "serious" FE fans. Or worse. Because when we aren't a joke we are an enemy.

Flash news: if many people treat Fates fans as enemies, it may happen that some of them will start to act like they are, and actively ridicule older games, and becoming more and more toxic. And I'm not saying that it's your fault specifically, or even the fault of anyone on this site. But sometimes you can get more condescending than you think, and without even noticing you might say things that could be taken the wrong way.

And yes, Jugdral and Tellius may receive less content, but every time that content comes no one makes fun of it. Many say they are not interested in it, because they don't know the characters, but they respect those who love them. When a Fates banner comes, even the one with Silas and Ophelia, I hear people say "man, was it really necessary IS?", or "another Fates banner ZZZZZZZ wake me when they give us something interesting".

AND IT'S SO UNFAIR! On top of all that we have people that try to make us feel guilty for IS' mistakes, like it's our fault. Like we decide which banners get made. Breaking news, even us Fates fans would like longer breaks between content made for us. The orbs don't replenish themselves, y'know?

Okay, I promise this is the last edit. I feel like I may actually go insane if I continue... I need to go scream in a pillow.

I apologize for the huge rant, it's not your fault... It's just... after not one, not two, not ten, but dozens of people over the web calling me (since I voted Camilla, I take it personally) out, saying I'm selfish, or dumb, or that I'm making a mistake it just gets to me. And I feel the need to scream and say every single thing I didn't say to the dozens of people that came before you. And honestly, I have seen a lot more people who aren't toxic at all, who take things casually, or get super excited about the event in a positive way. Honestly the FE community doesn't deserve the reputation of being overly toxic IMHO. But the bad apples are really bad. REALLY BAD.

You are right about one thing. The unfair treatment of older games is at the root of the problem. It causes the divide. And I don't know what we can do as fans of the newer games to make things better. And I also don't like the fact I'm taking the side of the newer games, like taking a side is crucial. I admit it, I played Awakening and Fates more than I played the Tellius and GBA games combined, not to mention the games I can only emulate. I am more on the casual side.

But it's not like I hate old Fire Emblem... I don't even know what point I'm trying to make anymore. 

Oh yeah, I remembered one thing I wanted to point out. Please don't say stuff like "the CYL alt will bring 8th Camilla and 9th Camilla with her soon", and above all else don't say it tomorrow, if Camilla wins and people are happy. The truth is, you don't know, nor do I know, nor does anyone here see the future.

And when people are happy and cheering the last thing they wanna hear is: "this thing that made you happy will have such consequences in the future, that you will regret it". It can really ruin the mood and make someone either sad or mad.

Edited by GrandeRampel

I've been thinking all day about who I should give my last vote to, and I still haven't decided so now I'm willing to take suggestions. Hopefully I won't be swarmed by too many responses. The characters I've voted for already are Idunn, Lilith (because she deserves to be relevant), Eliwood, Julia (because she should have an alt), Micaiah, and Stefan.

3 hours ago, MetalAmethyst said:

I have finished! I don't expect her to get far, but I still vote for her anyway!

Scarlet had a better placement as Nina last year. I wish you luck that your votes will at least been seen and that Scarlet places better than last year. Scarlet is also one who had so much potential in Fates writing and they messed up D=. Also I still don't get why she cannot be paired with Ryouma. 

Also did my last votes today with Rinkah, my wish for her to be released this year was too strong.
Hopefully Rinah gets a push compared to last year, but I fear the opposite happend this year, so I don't expect her to be in top 100. I don't mind her appearing after they fixed something about the summoning pools and split them. But this is the last year I hope they care a little more about certain units. 

Somehow I am more interested now to see which placements all the characters overall gotten than the outcome. 

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I've been thinking all day about who I should give my last vote to, and I still haven't decided so now I'm willing to take suggestions. Hopefully I won't be swarmed by too many responses. The characters I've voted for already are Idunn, Lilith (because she deserves to be relevant), Eliwood, Julia (because she should have an alt), Micaiah, and Stefan.

Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.

As for your last vote, no one you want to vote on the top 10 male/female mid vote results?

3 hours ago, Vince777 said:

This argument needs to die, especially since 99% of the time there's nothing intrinsically linking the source of complaint and the more fantastical elements of the world.

Anyway, a preemptive congrats to the Camilla fans. I think if she loses by now, I'll be annoyed.

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

More often than not, don't you think FE lords are the most developed in their game? 

They do get the most attention in the most important part of the game- the main story. And in the GBA era, they do get the most supports as well. They are the main characters for a reason, and a lot is placed into them. So it would make sense.

Not sure about Eirika, although I'm not exactly a fan of hers'. And thinking generally on her SS competition without delving into specifics, I'm having something of a hard time thinking of who actually develops. Cormag is the one competitor I can conceive of. Not to say there aren't good SS characters, they just lack so great a going from State of Being A to State of Being B.

2 minutes ago, KMT4ever said:

Full Farina ballot. I'm already anticipating seeing her total and being the source of >1% of her votes.

Admittedly I did not offer her a single one, but thank you for supporting her! :Farina:

I wonder what would happen if you deleted the gender divide from the start and just took the top 4?

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

0 characters from Awakening and Fates won last year, and yet here we are, with a lot of alts for them at every Seasonal.

At this point I want to believe that the reason was that since they couldn't put any characters from the Fates games on the brave banner, they gave them seasonals to compensate as a consolation prize to their fans. Which means, that if Camilla gets 3rd place with only a few votes short to 2nd place AGAIN, they may wanna give her fans even more "consolation prizes".

By that logic it would be better for the community if she won. And honestly you say that Fates is overepresented, which is kind of true, but only in seasonals.

Because Fates actually got the same number of New Heroes banners as Geneaology last year. The fact IS doesn't want to stop doing more and more seasonal is the real problem, not the fact that there are enough Camilla fans to make her win the popularity contest. And that problem wouldn't be resolved by kicking Camilla out of the top 2 to make space for other characters who also have seasonals.

It seems that we can only agree to disagree, since many people are making Camilla to be the boogeyman of every problem with seasonals, when in my opinion that's an over-simplified way to look at the problem. It's way more complicated than just Camilla and just this stupid CYL.

Also, a little thing that I want to add. You say that one group (the Fates fans) is getting better treatment, which is true. But a part of that group is frustrated, even with all the special treatment we get. Frustrated because we aren't taken seriously. Because every other game released internationally (+ Binding) has won a brave alt, except our game. I see some toxic people clamoring to keep "all the Fates sh*t" out of the top for this CYL, and every other CYL in the future.

Like we don't deserve to be part of the CELEBRATION that is the Brave Heroes. As if Camilla would stick out and be a disrace next to Marth and Alm, already assuming that she will be only fanservice, like a serious Queen of Nohr version is impossible.

It's frustrating... I know a lot of people, I know IRL people who have Fates as their favorite game, and can recognize its flaws but still love it. They love the style, the thematic distinction between Hoshido and Nohr. We love to analize the characters, even if it means diggin through some bland supports.

I have seen so many people that take Camilla very seriously and have wrote pages and pages about her complex character in Fates.

We do NOT like to be ridiculed. And this is true even when the ridicule helps. I'm super mad at the 4chan morons that see us as a way to piss people off, and nothing more. I hate them almost as much as people who over simplify Fates as a whole and say that "only otaku degenerates" would like it. It's lke saying all of our passion and work doesn't matter because we will never be more than a joke to more "serious" FE fans. Or worse. Because when we aren't a joke we are an enemy.

Flash news: if many people treat Fates fans as enemies, it may happen that some of them will start to act like they are, and actively ridicule older games, and becoming more and more toxic. And I'm not saying that it's your fault specifically, or even the fault of anyone on this site. But sometimes you can get more condescending than you think, and without even noticing you might say things that could be taken the wrong way.

And yes, Jugdral and Tellius may receive less content, but every time that content comes no one makes fun of it. Many say they are not interested in it, because they don't know the characters, but they respect those who love them. When a Fates banner comes, even the one with Silas and Ophelia, I hear people say "man, was it really necessary IS?", or "another Fates banner ZZZZZZZ wake me when they give us something interesting".

AND IT'S SO UNFAIR! On top of all that we have people that try to make us feel guilty for IS' mistakes, like it's our fault. Like we decide which banners get made. Breaking news, even us Fates fans would like longer breaks between content made for us. The orbs don't replenish themselves, y'know?

Okay, I promise this is the last edit. I feel like I may actually go insane if I continue... I need to go scream in a pillow.

I apologize for the huge rant, it's not your fault... It's just... after not one, not two, not ten, but dozens of people over the web calling me (since I voted Camilla, I take it personally) out, saying I'm selfish, or dumb, or that I'm making a mistake it just gets to me. And I feel the need to scream and say every single thing I didn't say to the dozens of people that came before you. And honestly, I have seen a lot more people who aren't toxic at all, who take things casually, or get super excited about the event in a positive way. Honestly the FE community doesn't deserve the reputation of being overly toxic IMHO. But the bad apples are really bad. REALLY BAD.

You are right about one thing. The unfair treatment of older games is at the root of the problem. It causes the divide. And I don't know what we can do as fans of the newer games to make things better. And I also don't like the fact I'm taking the side of the newer games, like taking a side is crucial. I admit it, I played Awakening and Fates more than I played the Tellius and GBA games combined, not to mention the games I can only emulate. I am more on the casual side.

But it's not like I hate old Fire Emblem... I don't even know what point I'm trying to make anymore. 

Oh yeah, I remembered one thing I wanted to point out. Please don't say stuff like "the CYL alt will bring 8th Camilla and 9th Camilla with her soon", and above all else don't say it tomorrow, if Camilla wins and people are happy. The truth is, you don't know, nor do I know, nor does anyone here see the future.

And when people are happy and cheering the last thing they wanna hear is: "this thing that made you happy will have such consequences in the future, that you will regret it". It can really ruin the mood and make someone either sad or mad.

Zero Awakening/Fates characters won last year but a ton of them ranked very highly.  This year we will have Fates/Awakening winner(s) and a lot in the top 20 of male/female.  For compensation how about all the other games that weren't represented in the Brave banner?  Where was their compensation?

Fates is the most represented game and that is before considering alts, it launched with a ton of characters, when you add alts...together Awakening/Fates is half the units in the game.  Again even disregarding alts, both Fates and Awakening have most of their characters in the game something that can't be said of games before them.  

Genealogy was the only old game that got decent representation this year.  2 new hero banners, no seasonals.  However what about the other old games?  

Let's take Camilla out of the equation, if top 20 males/females of CYL had zero Fates/Awakening characters it would likely lead to a huge change but since it is full of them things will likely stay the same or get worse.  

Why do people target Camilla?  It is simple she has the most versions in the game, and now it looks like she will get a seventh.  It isn't even that she is Fates, cause remember all the Lyn hate for her 5th version?  So as far as too many alts and all that, Camilla is the one that is the most egregious example of that.

The no Fates brave version is again cause of the oversaturation of Fates in Heroes already.  If things were more balanced few would care.  This is also when Fates got another new hero banner, even without alts some were upset.  Cause there are so many games that aren't getting anything or barely anything even considering seasonals, new hero, legendary all the types of banners.  Also that Camilla would be fan servicy is cause all her alts aside from Adrift is very much so.  I don't think they would do that for a brave version realistically though, I hope not that would be in very bad taste.  

As far as the ZZZ, I mean yeah that is rude, but there are a lot of similar comments about older games.  Man the Thracia banner was bashed so hard by many people for example, not just the banner but then the game itself.  

I know there are many that take care Camilla seriously, I like her for those serious interesting aspects of her personality it is just unfortunate that IS felt the need for some of the other stuff.  Remember I like Fates, that's the thing though I love the whole series.  So my wanting more balance isn't anything against Fates or Awakening specifically just to better represent the full scope of the series.  All the wonderful characters across the many games.  

The 8th and 9th version, of course nothing is guaranteed.  However if they just gave Camilla a 6th, and she wins CYL to get a 7th, and the objective is to make money then it seems like since the approval is so high for many versions of her that they would continue to give more versions.  

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

0 characters from Awakening and Fates won last year

But they dominate the top 100 at least, no? Compare it to Binding Blade which has very few in the top 100, which would explain - though not excuse - the general lack of attention that entry gets. I sure hope they don't base everything on such a flimsy poll.

Incidentally, no Fates character won the first year either.

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

and yet here we are, with a lot of alts for them at every Seasonal.

Wasn't the last Awakening unit to be added into the game Legendary Lucina last July?

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

- Any of the Jugdral characters (especially Julia indeed)
- L'arachel or Duessel (my FE8 favorites)
- Alm or F!Robin (my 'they-have-a-shot-at-winning' favorites)
- Chrom (cause why not)
- Merlinus (no explanation needed)
- Elincia, Ranulf, or Black Knight (my FE10 favorites)
- Ghaststation (I SERIOUSLY WANT HIM TO BE IN THE GAME)
- And the most 'daredevil' suggestion:

Spoiler

Camilla

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

Wasn't the last Awakening unit to be added into the game Legendary Lucina last July?

I dunno. What I meant is that Awakening still appeared on seasonals, with Bride Tharja, Summer Noire and Cordelia. You can say that only 3 ain't bad, but only 3 seasonals is still more seasonals than 0. Jugdral would kill for 3 seasonals.

6 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I dunno. What I meant is that Awakening still appeared on seasonals, with Bride Tharja, Summer Noire and Cordelia. You can say that only 3 ain't bad, but only 3 seasonals is still more seasonals than 0. Jugdral would kill for 3 seasonals.

I'm not saying Awakening hasn't received more attention than most entries overall, just that Fates is on a completely different level at this point. Doesn't Awakening's seasonals/legendaries match Blazing Blade for 2018? 

No, Owain.

Right you are. Forgot about that banner.

Edited by Thane

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

I'm not saying Awakening hasn't received more attention than most entries overall, just that Fates is on a completely different level at this point. Doesn't Awakening's seasonals/legendaries match Blazing Blade for 2018? 

Yeah, you're right.