Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

I couldn’t help but notice every single 3DS beast unit has made the top 100  (Well, Yarne made the top 200 just barely, but Panne, Kaden, Keaton, Selkie and Velouria are all nestled around the 50 point).Think that means we have a shot of getting more beast banners in the near future?

Edited by Alastor15243

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm perfectly fine with these results, though yikes to Marth finishing that far behind in Eliwood in votes.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Oof, Leo pushed Takumi out of top 10.

And with that, all is as it should be once again.

...Except not really when fucking Lif still finished in the top 10 males. Why. Also, shout-out to this year's biggest loser: Frost.

We did it, Miccy and Eliwood voters! This is the best result I could have hoped for. Miccy for #1 on the female side and Eliwood joins his friends in the brave club! Hurray!

Big oof for Anna fans. You could have beat Camilla if not for vote splitting.

At least Anna is will be on the farfetched banner, assuming they don't go "lel, actually she's technically already in the game so no alt for her".

Edited by NekoKnight

I can't believe Micaiah got first!!! And by a pretty sizeable margin over the beast that is Camilla. This is awesome, Tellius love is awesome.

Congrats to the fans of all the winners, and to Marth fans, I really don't think anyone is happy about him falling to third place. That is a bummer on an overall good result.

Now please give us Micaiah as Yune, conqueror Alm, serious Camilla, and... honestly I'm not sure what they can do for Eliwood but hoping for something kickass too.

Well I was wrong in my final prediction, as I expected to be lol. Either way, I'm happy Eliwood is a winner this year and I'm gonna get him with my free pull, unless he's really bad and someone else is SUPER broken or something. I would have liked Marth and Eirika to be winners, but hey, less competition for them next year so hopefully they can pull it out then! As for my man Brom...he finished low, as expected, BUT higher than a couple notable characters like Tauroneo, so that's kind of a victory? Plus, Nephenee, Heather, and Meg all finished kinda-sorta high, so I think he has a shot to get added to the game alongside one of them.

I am SO glad Camilla's out of the way. Next time people won't be wasting votes from the characters they actually care about just to keep a character from winning. Seeing Nino drop saddened me.

I'm satisfied with these results. I feel a bit sorry for Marth fans, but hey, there's next year!

Edited by Arcphoenix

2 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I can't believe Micaiah got first!!! And by a pretty sizeable margin over the beast that is Camilla. This is awesome, Tellius love is awesome.

Congrats to the fans of all the winners, and to Marth fans, I really don't think anyone is happy about him falling to third place. That is a bummer on an overall good result.

Now please give us Micaiah as Yune, conqueror Alm, serious Camilla, and... honestly I'm not sure what they can do for Eliwood but hoping for something kickass too.

Considering how CYL follows a family theme for the most part, I wouldn't be surprised if Alm got a look based on Rudolf.

I'm actually a bit pleasantly surprised by Eliwood winning. Kinda sucks for Marth, but as others have said, Marth had a definitive form in his legendary version. Not even going to bother guessing at what they'll be since that'll just lead to disappointment. Still salty about Celica being sword infantry instead of Nomah-inspired first playable legendary staff unit. This might actually be the first year where I don't have an easy choice for free pick. I love Alm and Eliwood as characters, like Micaiah on top of her having some really cool potential designs, and Camilla could be very fun. I just really hope they don't pull a Ronnie and not even try to make Micaiah as good as Camilla.

Most of my votes did better than I anticipated, which is really nice. Hopefully more Thracia, FE6, and Tellius love. That'd be awesome.

Edited by bottlegnomes

1 hour ago, Troykv said:

Reveal hidden contents

Without Camilla a lot of the salt in the CYL will be eliminated.

It's unlikely a character in 3H will be as impactful in the fanbase as Camilla

Which is honestly the best thing about her no longer being in CYL.  At least now there won't be any drama surrounding her next year.

@Interdimensional Observer Yeah, I wasn't entirely sure how Ninian!Eliwood could work... but now I kinda wanna see that (if only I could draw).

Elbert's dagger would be a neat CYL Dagger unit, and he'd probably end up pretty strong if he's referencing that bit.

@Lord-Zero I'm sure Roy-clothes!Eliwood could be made to work, though yeah Elbert is more likely. Mostly suggested Roy!Eliwood as a joke since Roy's CYL alt was based on Eliwood.

@Tybrosion I assume Lif got as high as he did because people want to play with Sokkvabekker (I know I want his weapon or something like it, Tailtiu would appreciate being able to enter Wrathperation range without having to take a hit, and Celica would like free entry to Brazensperation range as well).

So, now that the results are real, congrats to everyone who voted for and/or is a fan of Alm, Micaiah, Eliwood and Camilla! I'm pretty happy Eliwood got into 2nd, he's gonna be my free pull unless I get him on the CYL3 banner and/or someone else is insanely busted (so, whoever the Colorless unit is).

Also, I'm glad to see Ranulf's position is good enough to maybe get him a Farfetched Heroes spot (assuming Lif is being saved for End Of Book III Banners like what happened with the Muspell units and Ylgr, which I think is a reasonable assumption), and that Leo's high enough that maybe IntSys will give him one of Camilla's planned future alts.

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm perfectly fine with these results, though yikes to Marth finishing that far behind in Eliwood in votes.

...Except not really when fucking Lif still finished in the top 10 males. Why. Also, shout-out to this year's biggest loser: Frost.

OCs will always have a bit of an advantage in CYL. A sizeable number of people who play FEH don't play the mainline games and who else are they supposed to vote for but OCs?. The game doesn't really do a good job of selling mainline characters beyond the basics of their ascetics. I meam Loki still did well when everyone here predicted her falling off.

Edited by colossus86

4 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I think they might save Yune Micaiah for a Mythic hero. Granted, Yune does have a human form but she spends most of the time in Micaiah's body.

Garon!Camilla seems likely although I think a Lance flier would be pretty good to round out her other alts.

Micaiah’s in the same boat as Celica was for me last year: doesn’t matter what she turns out to be she will be my free pick.

Looking at the other placements I’ve gotta say I’m not super interested in the upcoming Farfetched heroes, not when other than Anna it’s shaping up to be a bunch of OCs. Vika is higher than I expected her to be (though I guess being a Laguz really helps) and I’m just gonna sit here dejectedly waiting for Heather’s 296 plus the lack of Tellius banners in general to mean she’ll never get in (that or it’ll take a very long time).

2 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@Tybrosion I assume Lif got as high as he did because people want to play with Sokkvabekker (I know I want his weapon or something like it, Tailtiu would appreciate being able to enter Wrathperation range without having to take a hit, and Celica would like free entry to Brazensperation range as well).

Then they wasted their votes because if the tail end of last year is any indication, IS was going to make Hot Topic Alf playable at some point after Book III anyways. Never mind the fact that a CYL Lif would very likely use a different weapon like Veronica did anyways.

Aside from Eliwood snatching second in the men's divisions, the results are fairly expected.  I can't say I'm that enthusiastic about any of the victors, but right now my priority is Alm if only because I never pulled his first iteration.  ...Unless they go the Celica route and give him his original Gaiden design.  Sorry, but there's a good reason he was redesigned from the ground up.

Not that I'm surprised, but it's so depressing seeing the bottom two lists being dominated by Genealogy and Thracia characters. =(  

20 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I personally like Takumi better.

At least Tharasir wasn't nearly as high for women?