Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

As for the "waifu bait," Camilla's "fans" on Reddit have already decided to rally behind Loki and are looking forward to the next instance of the archetype in 3H.

as long as a character has a reason to be so sexualized (and loki, differently from camilla, does) and IntSys doesn't shove her ass and boobs down our throats, i'm fine with that

i also like loki a lot, so yeah

@Drakhis "Think about the scenario where your favorite character gets many alts, and you want him to win."

i wouldn't vote for that character in the first place, if i knew his/her alts were already that numerous

i love ike, he's my favorite FE character, yet i'd hate to see him getting a frickin' 5th version

but that's probably just me

Edited by Yexin

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Yexin said:

as long as a character has a reason to be so sexualized (and loki, differently from camilla, does) and IntSys doesn't shove her ass and boobs down our throats, i'm fine with that

i also like loki a lot, so yeah

Camilla has a reason, with the concubine war ^^ Different from Loki but still.

Loki is fun, but I've said that next year I will vote Lyon (at least once), and after some votes, I will switch to someone else, that I want to see at the top (Maybe Loki, maybe Thrasir if she shows a great personality, or Lucia if she's still not in the game.)

Edit:

14 minutes ago, Yexin said:

Think about the scenario where your favorite character gets many alts, and you want him to win."

i wouldn't vote for that character in the first place, if i knew his/her alts were already that numerous

i love ike, he's my favorite FE character, yet i'd hate to see him getting a frickin' 5th version

but that's probably just me

That's why I said "and you want him to win" ^^ There are some people that wanted Camilla to lose, not because she already had many alts, but because she's Camilla. In that case, what I said is true. But I know that you've said that you don't want to vote someone with many alts. Even if I think that your opinion isn't the majority, I think that it's nice to think like that too ^^.

Edit 2: We have only Ike, Brave Ike, and legendary Ike, no? I'm forgetting an alt, or a new him would be his 4th version? I really don't remember.

Edited by Drakhis

1 hour ago, Drakhis said:

Thanks! That's what I wanted to say.

Thanks!

@Tybrosion @Michelaar Just because I'm curious: Who do you think you will vote next year (In the case where they don't add any characters that you want)?

I'll probably click the random button and see if I get someone nice.

12 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

Camilla has a reason, with the concubine war ^^ Different from Loki but still.

Loki is fun, but I've said that next year I will vote Lyon (at least once), and after some votes, I will switch to someone else, that I want to see at the top (Maybe Loki, maybe Thrasir if she shows a great personality, or Lucia if she's still not in the game.)

yeah... let's be honest, she has literally 0 valid reasons to dress up like that at her age

ok ok, childhood traumas, abuses, whatever, i don't think they make that good reasons

btw no place to argue about camilla's outfit and backstory, since i think they're both pretty obvious

i'm done

Edited by Yexin

6 minutes ago, Florete said:

This is new and interesting information that I have definitely never heard until now. Thank you for offering me this incredible insight. I can finally stop all this crying I have definitely been doing.

Nice attempt at sarcasm. All I hear is crying there. 

As I said, pick one Anna and stick with her next year and pray that the 3 Houses female characters turn out to be terrible although Edelgard will certainly give any Anna a run for her money with F!Robin and Eirika not too far behind. 

“Fans of Anna are typically fans of all Annas”

And that’s why Awakening Anna couldn’t get to second. It’s the mentality that they’re the same character that’s blinding many of the Anna fans. Again, stick with one and support her next year. “Spreading the love” is only hurting Awakening Anna. 

No matter the excuses you can bring up, most of the Annas are different characters. They just happen to be in a strange grey area that while many of them have very similar personaliies and main appearance, they’re also different enough to warrant separate entries. Having one win would make the others unelectable later because internet trolls would try to make an Anna win every year for the sake of trolling. 

The Annas aren’t really “one big character” now. They’re a tribe of very greedy merchants now.  It wasn’t until Awakening that the Annas were flanderized. 

In the case of characters like Hardin, the 2 versions of him are too different while Camus/Zeke/Sirius is a case of time passing and him taking on different identities. Same with Begnion Armor Zelgius. That one wears a completely different suit of armor, assumes another identity and isn’t shackled to Alondite. 

8 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

No matter the excuses you can bring up, most of the Annas are different characters. They just happen to be in a strange grey area that while many of them have very similar personaliies and main appearance, they’re also different enough to warrant separate entries. Having one win would make the others unelectable later because internet trolls would try to make an Anna win every year for the sake of trolling. 

The Annas aren’t really “one big character” now. They’re a tribe of very greedy merchants now.  It wasn’t until Awakening that the Annas were flanderized. 

I know that when I told a friend that there is an Anna who is in a couple, he was disgusted in that Anna ^^ But yeah all Annas are different.

Heroes Anna isn't my fav, and so is Awakening Anna.

The one I like is Fate Anna. If Awakening Anna wins then I will be happy, but it's not the Anna I want the most.

Edited by Drakhis

So we're all in agreement about the following, right?

• Awakening Anna has a 100% chance of being added on a New Heroes banner sometime in the next year
  • Anna has like a 90% chance of getting some sort of seasonal version in the next year or so, probably based on her Heroes version
  • Anna has a pretty good shot at winning CYL4 and getting a brave alt that year

Seems pretty good for Anna fans to me. Arguably better than just having a single combined Anna win and get a brave alt, really.

Edited by Othin

1 hour ago, Michelaar said:

100% agree. Some of these Camilla haters need to get off their high horse.

Camilla is hated like Tom Brady is hated. Because her base is 5000-7000 strong, people get pissed that she has that level of support.

@Drakhis
Honestly, at least at this point, I couldn't tell you who I'll vote for next time. I'm in an awkward spot where my top favorites aside from Ike (Leo, Cordelia) are popular, but not nearly enough to have a realistic shot of taking a top spot. Maybe if I'm lucky some former Camilla voters will shift over to Leo, but otherwise I'm just going to wait and see.

3 hours ago, Drakhis said:

Think about the scenario where your favorite character gets many alts, and you want him to win. And people harassing you for that.

I don't vote for them, and save my ballot in the case I need to defend myself against strangers on the Internet.

Anyone who voted Camilla is 100% responsible for influencing IS to make alts for her.

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

Nice attempt at sarcasm. All I hear is crying there. 

You are obnoxious. Nothing you've quoted was a complaint in the first place, much less "crying." Your post is worthless and I'm not talking to you anymore.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

So we're all in agreement about the following, right?

• Awakening Anna has a 100% chance of being added on a New Heroes banner sometime in the next year
  • Anna has like a 90% chance of getting some sort of seasonal version in the next year or so, probably based on her Heroes version
  • Anna has a pretty good shot at winning CYL4 and getting a brave alt that year

Seems pretty good for Anna fans to me. Arguably better than just having a single combined Anna win and get a brave alt, really.

I mean we all thought Anna was basically guaranteed to get a seasonal after Sharena and Alfonse did but now we're here so I'm not counting on anything.

And I don't really understand this idea that Anna winning CYL3 would result in Brave Anna being the only Anna alt. What?

Making predictions for next year is probably a risky venture seeing as we'll most likely have a whole new shiny cast to vote for. I mean even if Edelgard ends up like Corrin, I'm sure she'll rank in the top 10, for one. 

Oh shit that was a prediction

44 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I don't vote for them, and save my ballot in the case I need to defend myself against strangers on the Internet.

Anyone who voted Camilla is 100% responsible for influencing IS to make alts for her.

Do you really want to re-start the debate you had with GrandeRumpel? ^^

100% responsible for influencing them? IS don't choose who to add and who will get some alts with cyl, I already debated about that before in this topic. They do what they want, and the last Camilla alt was free, so I really think that this is because they like Fate.

Again, if people want to vote a character they like, it has nothing to do with others and saying that they are responsible for what a BIG company will do is not a good thing. IS will do what they want when they want.

By saying that people are responsible, you just make them feel bad for something they have nothing to do with. You put the blame on the wrong person.

Edited by Drakhis

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

oh just like celica, ike, veronica, and...oh wait yeah the "CYL votes influencing IS alt making" doesn't really hold water. I think it more so has to do with the developers liking Camilla a lot for whatever reason(or fates in general really) and I don't think our vote is going to change that very much. 

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

Huh, I think I can hear Ike and Roy in a corner laughing at this from here.

This is complete bullshit it'd only be just bullshit if you left out the "100%" as far as I'm concerned, sorry.

48 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

By saying that people are responsible, you just make them feel bad for something they have nothing to do with. You put the blame on the wrong person.

4 hours ago, Drakhis said:

Camilla sales well.

Am I wrong to assume that the people buying Camilla are also the people voting for Camilla?

35 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

oh just like celica, ike, veronica, and...oh wait yeah the "CYL votes influencing IS alt making" doesn't really hold water. I think it more so has to do with the developers liking Camilla a lot for whatever reason(or fates in general really) and I don't think our vote is going to change that very much. 

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Huh, I think I can hear Ike and Roy in a corner laughing at this from here.

Just because CYL isn't the only thing that influences alts, that does not mean CYL doesn't influence alts.

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Am I wrong to assume that the people buying Camilla are also the people voting for Camilla?

It's a venn diagram. People buying Camilla and people who voted Camilla probably have quite a bit of overlap, but people can belong to just one and not the other. Both are relevant factors.

7 hours ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

That banner wouldn't be complete without Arvis. 

Alvis and Sigurd fighting over Deirdre like a pair of school boys, buying gradually more expensive and unfitting gifts for her. Eventually she becomes inconsequential to the argument itself and just slips off unnoticed. Perfect.

25 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's a venn diagram. People buying Camilla and people who voted Camilla probably have quite a bit of overlap, but people can belong to just one and not the other. Both are relevant factors.

Yeah, I didn't mean that voting is the only relevant factor. But it is a significant factor, especially CYL2 and CYL3 are essentially "what new units/alts do you want to be added" contests.

2 hours ago, Florete said:

You are obnoxious. Nothing you've quoted was a complaint in the first place, much less "crying." Your post is worthless and I'm not talking to you anymore.

Well, excuse me for dropping some truth pills. It felt like complaints to me. Many Anna fans crying foul on twitter got on my nerves to some degree. Even though all the Awakening Anna fans have to do is to organize and rally hard next year. Anyway, time to let the merchant stuff end there. That’s a topic for next year. 

On to other things...

Ah, Camilla...all the salt really did was to make people focus on her which, in the end, helped her. The good thing about this is that she won’t be around for next year’s CYL event. Camilla as well as anything Fates related sells well due to it being from the most recent main FE game. Things should change quite a bit once 3 Houses is out. 

As an Anna fan, I think I want to have Anna win CYL after she got included via Farfetched Heroes/Brave Redux Foci. Even better, she consistently places in the top 10 but not top 2, but each time she is in the top 10, she is a different version and gets chosen to be in a Farfetched Heroes/Brave Redux Focus. And while vote splitting is not super ideal, it does offer the possibility of having TWO ANNAS winning the top 2 spots!

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, Florete said:

As though that's not exactly what we did this year.

The focus was clearly on Camilla this year. Awakening Anna fans did incredibly well to get to 3rd place, overcoming F!Robin’s youtuber support and all. She has a real shot as long as her fans organize themselves (less voting on Commander Anna and the other Annas. That only hurts Awakening Anna) and rally really hard for her. The support can be strong enough to get ahead of newcomer Edelgard. 

After reading a lot of comments on various sites, I'm starting to get kinda glad Camilla won, despite not really being a fan of her. I remember all the hate Lyn and Lyn fans got when her Valentine's variant was revealed, and then the increased hate from her Legendary; it was awful, and I know made a lot of Lyn fans genuinely feel bad and like crap for liking the character. Camilla fans have been getting that, and they don't deserve it. Congrats to them all, good on ya.