Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

8 hours ago, Baldrick said:

If Eliwood can be a dark mage, why can't the Annas be merged? Is your desire more important than others?

The Binding Blade is an FE6 exclusive weapon, and would fit with Elbert's "class" like Mulagir and Maltet fitted Hassar's and Uther's classes.

Didn’t you read the rest of the post? Goodness gracious.

The Annas cannot be merged because most of them are literally different people or asumming completely different identities. Commander Anna is not the same person as Awakening Anna and so on. That’s why they can’t be merged. Characters like Begnion Armor Zelgius and Black Knight can’t be merged either due to how different their identities and priorities are from each other despite being the same person. 

Oh, the whole “class” argument again, Elbert, if we go by map sprites, started off leaving Pherae as a Paladin and then later in the Dread Isle as a unique class known as “Peer”. I’ve already mentioned my reasons behind Binding Blade already; that weapon is Hartmut and Roy’s special weapon and Legendary Roy should have the honor of getting a busted version of it. B!Eliwood deserves better than being swordlocked again. Many of you people complain avout how saturated sword units are in this game and yet some of you keep asking for more when in this case, it could be avoided for a least single unit. A ranged Eliwood with either Aureola or Apocalypse would be ideal.

Regarding Apocalypse: Sophia and Raigh got in the game already as launch tier units. That doesn’t really stop them from getting it via refine but that also doesn’t stop future units from having it either. We could be in for a Raven/Linus situation and Niime could actually come with it. Would the developers actually bring in an old lady? There’s also the possibility of Bramimond but it became “a mirror of those who address it” so even if we were to get it, it’d be Kiran’s impression of it since Bramimond lost its sense of “self”. Bramimond is truly an enigma. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Didn’t you read the rest of the post? Goodness gracious.

The Annas cannot be merged because most of them are literally different people or asumming completely different identities. Commander Anna is not the same person as Awakening Anna and so on. That’s why they can’t be merged. Characters like Begnion Armor Zelgius and Black Knight can’t be merged either due to how different their identities and priorities are from each other despite being the same person. 

Nitpick, but we don't have Begnion Armor Zelgius (yet). It's just Radiant Dawn Zelgius wearing the same old blessed armour, only with his helmet removed.

Also on the subject of Sword Saturation, it's less that there's too many swords and more that there's too many red units compared to the other colours. But that's not a problem a banner like this as there absolutely will be a red unit on it regardless (not to mention Celica got to use Alm's prf despite having no association with it in game, and there's absolutely nothing to suggest Eliwood couldn't wield the Sealed Sword).

Edited by Jotari

Just now, Jotari said:

Nitpick, but we don't have Begnion Armor Zelgius (yet). It's just Radiant Dawn Zelgius wearing the same old blessed armour, only with his helmet removed.

But the Zelgius we got isn’t a general of Begnion nor he makes any reference to it. This is Zelgius after he revealed himself to Ike. His priorities while wearing the black armor are different. 

10 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

But the Zelgius we got isn’t a general of Begnion nor he makes any reference to it. This is Zelgius after he revealed himself to Ike. His priorities while wearing the black armor are different. 

Oh right, you were talking about the CYL X[ For some reason I thought you were referring to the two Zelguises we have in the game already and that they couldn't be merged as units like two copies of the same unit can. No idea how my mind came to that particular conclusion.

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

I'm personally hoping Eliwood is an infantry unit regardless as to what weapon he has because we haven't had infantry Eliwood despite him starting out that way.

Funny thing is that Hector also started as infantry yet is only ever armored in Heroes.

24 minutes ago, Florete said:

Funny thing is that Hector also started as infantry yet is only ever armored in Heroes.

I wonder how people would see Hector in the game nowadays if the base version of him wasn't Armored.

11 hours ago, Vince777 said:

I care about canon and although I’m willing to make some exceptions for seasonal units (who frankly I wish didn’t exist), the thought of Aureola/Apocalypse Eliwood disgusts me.

It's not because it's not in the original game that it's not canon. On top of that, if it makes sense, I don't think this is problematic. Aureola Eliwood makes sense, because of his mother, and because of his personality in my opinion.

Edited by Drakhis

2 hours ago, Vince777 said:

I care about canon and although I’m willing to make some exceptions for seasonal units (who frankly I wish didn’t exist), the thought of Aureola/Apocalypse Eliwood disgusts me.

These Brave alts are outside canon so the developers can really do whatever they see fit. They’re more of “what if” scenarios. If we go by what the CYL1 heroes’ quotes mention then....they came to be due to the voices of the people who voted for them, some even getting original weapons from this like B!Lucina. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

6 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

B!Eliwood deserves better than being swordlocked again.

Anna deserves to be merged since she's the same personality in all her incarnations. But characters get what they're given, not what they deserve.

Why does Roy deserve to be swordlocked again?

Edited by Baldrick

7 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Because he is said to have no talent in magic, Beast would make zero sense, and Breath would set off such a firestorm that Nintendo would have to hire armed guards outside its buildings. Breath could only be possible if Bow and Lance Roys were simultaneously offered, which is too much work. Lastly, Axes are out of the running because people can handle the truth that Roy's mother is Hector using Marcus as a surrogate.

5 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Anna deserves to be merged since she's the same personality in all her incarnations. But characters get what they're given, not what they deserve.

This argument has been done by other users and they came to reason. The Annas are different people and it’s already beeen explained by me and other users why the Annas were separated and why they really cannot be merged. Top ranking Annas such as FEH’s Commander Anna and Awakening’s Anna are completely different characters; they do have similar personalities but they are different people with different weapon proficiencies and different jobs. Rather than argue this here, you should probably address that to the FEH official twitter and the game’s feedback feature. At the very least Marth had a very good reason to have his votes merged. 

As for Roy, he’s in the same boat as Ephraim where he has no talent with magic. LA!Roy is a bow user so he has a choice between melee weapons at least. Source material has him swordlocked. I never said anything about Roy “deserving” to be swordlocked. Do you mean the possibility of Legendary Roy using a better Binding Blade? It’s the most likely scenario but him using another melee weapon is also a possibility. Breath is a no-no because IS won’t commit to the ElixNini ship. 

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Because he is said to have no talent in magic,

No talent doesn't mean he's incapable of using magic. Just give him less strength than Odin and call it a day.

@Lord-Zero Wouldn't it be a fun what-if, though? He wants to use magic, unlike Eliwood. Or is Eliwood the only character allowed to have what-ifs?

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Beast would make zero sense, and Breath would set off such a firestorm that Nintendo would have to hire armed guards outside its buildings. Breath could only be possible if Bow and Lance Roys were simultaneously offered, which is too much work. Lastly, Axes are out of the running because people can handle the truth that Roy's mother is Hector using Marcus as a surrogate.

Well, there's already a bow Roy, who's the only non-Lyn bow cavalier.

18 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

No talent doesn't mean he's incapable of using magic. Just give him less strength than Odin and call it a day.

I'm pretty sure he's implied to be muggle levels of "no talent". As in the most he could do with a tome is bash someone's head in with it.

27 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Well, there's already a bow Roy, who's the only non-Lyn bow cavalier.

I forgot that, maybe because his legs aren't on full display.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm pretty sure he's implied to be muggle levels of "no talent". As in the most he could do with a tome is bash someone's head in with it.

That could actually be quite effective:

tumblr_p7x1bvSxEU1r4c9wto1_1280.gif

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I am seriously waiting for a colored dagger unit to show up with a book as their personal weapon.

33 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

@Lord-Zero Wouldn't it be a fun what-if, though? He wants to use magic, unlike Eliwood. Or is Eliwood the only character allowed to have what-ifs?

Thing is, “no talent” really means no talent. The most he could do is to throw it at someone like that Ephraim .gif. Odin got it because he actually had an interest, some talent and worked for it in his source material. Also, his mother was a cleric. He actually mentions this as Owain in the Fates DLC if memory serves. 

You’re doing this on purpose. Eliwood at least had hi res for a melee unit in his game and his mother was a Bishop. He’s also the most level-headed of the FE7 lords. Unlike Roy, Eliwood has never been implied to have “no talent” for magic and that’s enough to make him somewhat capable of getting a mage alt in this game. Would they actually do it? Maybe, maybe not. Hector, on the other side, is a known musclehead. 

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Cecilia says he "wouldn’t do very well with magic". The implication is that he'd practice harder to keep up with the naturally talented Lilina and waste his actual talents.

You know, in Awakening, all Outrealm characters can reclass to any standard class. So Eliwood, Roy, and Ephraim can totally learn magic if they try.

6 hours ago, Florete said:

Hector is an armoued unit that doesn't have a weakness to armour slaying weapons and has the same move as infantry units.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I forgot that, maybe because his legs aren't on full display.

That could actually be quite effective:

tumblr_p7x1bvSxEU1r4c9wto1_1280.gif

That's beautiful and I want it.

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

You’re doing this on purpose. Eliwood at least had hi res for a melee unit in his game and his mother was a Bishop. He’s also the most level-headed of the FE7 lords. Unlike Roy, Eliwood has never been implied to have “no talent” for magic and that’s enough to make him somewhat capable of getting a mage alt in this game. Would they actually do it? Maybe, maybe not. Hector, on the other side, is a known musclehead. 

Which is why we agree with you on Aureola. Apocalypse, though, has the oh-so-tenuous link of "his mother has the Dark affinity".

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Hector is an armoued unit that doesn't have a weakness to armour slaying weapons and has the same move as infantry units.

...Can't tell if this is a joke or not. In case it's not, you're wrong. Lord Hector is in all ways an infantry unit in FE7.

If you were joking...uh, ignore the above?

20 minutes ago, Florete said:

...Can't tell if this is a joke or not. In case it's not, you're wrong. Lord Hector is in all ways an infantry unit in FE7.

If you were joking...uh, ignore the above?

He's just an armoured unit that has all the properties of an infantry unit and none of the properties of an armoured unit. Although to be real there is data for him that has his lord sprite that uses the movement sound effect of armoured units, but it's only exclusive to some cutscenes (I'm not even sure which ones, but it's in the code).

10 minutes ago, Jotari said:

He's just an armoured unit that has all the properties of an infantry unit and none of the properties of an armoured unit.

Then he's an infantry unit.

He even becomes armored in promotion.

Edited by Florete

7 minutes ago, Florete said:

Then he's an infantry unit.

He even becomes armored in promotion.

I thought you had realized I was messing about. Did you miss the actual interesting tidbit I dropped about him having a second class that uses his lord sprite that is armoured? It's called the Great Lord but uses his lord sprite, isn't considered a promoted unit and has only 4 move. It's kind of weird, all three of the lords have section versions of their lord class that use their promoted names and unpromoted sprites. They promote to paladin, swordmaster and general respectively. I'm pretty sure they're just used for cutscenes, but it's strange because none of the other lords in the other games seem to have anything like this. I'm pretty sure it's used for cutscenes and might have something to do with how promotion is both set and not set for the lords in FE7 due to the Heaven Seals.