Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

44 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Same logic would go for many of Alm’s supporters...expecting the “dong armor” just like they expected the overclass outfit for Brave Celica last year. Alm winning will most likely mean that Hidari will probably be called again or... a twist: they commission the original Gaiden artist this time and he gets Mycen’s gear. 

I could also see Alm dress up like Rudolf. I actually hope it won't be the ''dong armor''. Alm deserves something less silly and I wasn't a fan of brave Celica either. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nino might look cute in Lloyd or Linus's jacket too. Maybe that and be a dagger unit. That could cover colorless.

For Alm, Mycen and Rudolph seem most likely, which Mycen seeming more likely. I don't know how Alm would look in Rudolphs armor, but Mycen's would suit him. For some reason, I could see him being an axe cav too if that's the case. No basis what so ever, so no idea why that seems fitting to me.

1 minute ago, bottlegnomes said:

For Alm, Mycen and Rudolph seem most likely, which Mycen seeming more likely. I don't know how Alm would look in Rudolphs armor, but Mycen's would suit him. For some reason, I could see him being an axe cav too if that's the case. No basis what so ever, so no idea why that seems fitting to me.

What about OG Alm and the Dong armor?

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

My thinking was basically he has it on him and who gives a crap about Olwen and making sense at that point.

And I was more just pointing at the irony of it. Since everything about the weapon was intended in T776 to be anti-him, an easy route of killing the menace.

28 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

"My name is Nino, goddess of death."

"I've seen another Nino here. Unlike me, she never had to learn how to survive by killing. I must admit that I envy her..."

"Is there someone you want to get rid of? Tell the name and I will do my job."

I know that we will never get this kind of Nino, but I would put some money on it ^^.

Not bad, a Nino who actually became a full Black Fang assassin. 

I'd like a gender swap banner actually on that note. An alternate world where everyone is largely the same, but is of the opposite sex they presently are. So Blazing Sword is the story of Lindis, Ell Woods, and Hectate fighting against lady Ereshkigal.

20 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I'd prefer Rudolph. Because, although we have no idea who it belongs to, there is a weapon called the Emperor's Lance, which sounds like it could be Rigelian, given they have Emperors and Zofia only Kings. It is only obtainable via random DLC sadly, Rudolph still uses a now-worthless Angel Ring, but it has potential as a weapon. It's third and exclusive to only this weapon Combat Art is this:

Leonine Poise EXP to learn 25 HP Cost 3 Mt +3 Hit +20 Avoid -30, Crt +50; attack goes last Emperor Lance

Sounds quite promising. I wouldn't mind a skill that delayed your attacks, even when initiating the attack, in exchange for making those hits stronger.

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

That would certainly be gloriously awful fun too.

My thinking was basically he has it on him and who gives a crap about Olwen and making sense at that point.

That's more what I meant by not being exactly cannon. Just trying to think of something appropriately broken. Probably should have phrased it better.

Oh, well it would be pretty broken just by porting all it's Thracia skills. Double Phase Brave Effect, Cavalry Effectiveness and a significant Resistance Boost is useful. It also comes with Prayer which is translated as Miracle in Heroes, though I don't think that's the kind of skill that can feasibly be put on a weapon. It could also have Renewal as that's an ability it has in Gaiden and Awakening.

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

Pantless, pantless, pantless...

That’s the main reason many of his “supporters” are even voting for the FE1 version of him. Watch them give him Jagen’s armor instead if he actually makes it to the top 2. Jagen’s spiky armor would look nice on Marth, though. 

Same logic would go for many of Alm’s supporters...expecting the “dong armor” just like they expected the overclass outfit for Brave Celica last year. Alm winning will most likely mean that Hidari will probably be called again or... a twist: they commission the original Gaiden artist this time and he gets Mycen’s gear. 

Jagen Marth would be pretty rad.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I was more just pointing at the irony of it. Since everything about the weapon was intended in T776 to be anti-him, an easy route of killing the menace.

Not bad, a Nino who actually became a full Black Fang assassin. 

I'd like a gender swap banner actually on that note. An alternate world where everyone is largely the same, but is of the opposite sex they presently are. So Blazing Sword is the story of Lindis, Ell Woods, and Hectate fighting against lady Ereshkigal.

I'd prefer Rudolph. Because, although we have no idea who it belongs to, there is a weapon called the Emperor's Lance, which sounds like it could be Rigelian, given they have Emperors and Zofia only Kings. It is only obtainable via random DLC sadly, Rudolph still uses a now-worthless Angel Ring, but it has potential as a weapon. It's third and exclusive to only this weapon Combat Art is this:

Leonine Poise EXP to learn 25 HP Cost 3 Mt +3 Hit +20 Avoid -30, Crt +50; attack goes last Emperor Lance

Sounds quite promising. I wouldn't mind a skill that delayed your attacks, even when initiating the attack, in exchange for making those hits stronger.

Emperor's Lance is clearly meant to be Rudolph's weapon...like there's no question of it, it's what he uses in the cutscenes alongside Emperor's Shield.

Edited by Jotari

20 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Oh, well it would be pretty broken just by porting all it's Thracia skills. Double Phase Brave Effect, Cavalry Effectiveness and a significant Resistance Boost is useful. It also comes with Prayer which is translated as Miracle in Heroes, though I don't think that's the kind of skill that can feasibly be put on a weapon.

Not with that many other skills on it, Miracle would need to be the special. However, Seliph’s refined Weapon does have Miracle on it by default.

Edited by Azure the Scale Tipper

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

What would we even do with a third Reinhardt? Just screw the canon and give him Mjolnir?

Armor him up and give the next Tome of Thoron. Thor's Lightning or something. It was a Baron killing-fest to conquer Freege in FE4

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

@Interdimensional Observer That'd be pretty sweet. I could see them making Rudolph!Alm an armor too, given how huge Rudolph is. Give him that in the firm of either a slaying or wo weapon, something like Ostian Counter or Sturdy Breath (+4 atk/def and +1 cooldown) and he'd be pretty solid. Huge specials and it'd be a way to make deflects relevant again.

@Jotari I forgot it was that broken, lol. As said, Seliph got the miracle refinement, and with Rein's statline, that might be pretty solid for him. Guarantees he can survive into vantage territory and then EP vantage brave. They could throw on cav and armor effectiveness just because if they wanted.

@Azure the Scale Tipper I kinda don't see it happening. The brave Heroes tend to be more serious on top of Alm being legitimately popular so I think they might be hesitant to play up a meme for them, unlike Arden and Dorcas. Pantsless Marth I could see. Someone did an awesome fan art of him in Roman legionaire garb. It'd also be a nod to how his namesake was Mars the god of war IIRC.

7 minutes ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

Not with that many other skills on it, Miracle would need to be the special. However, Selioh’s refined Weapon does have Miracle on it by default.

Oh wow. So it does. That's one way to do it I suppose. Can I get that on my Sigurd? Although I suppose it's not all that useful as there's few units that would be able to one shot Sigurd.

13 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Emperor's Lance is clearly meant to be Rudolph's weapon...like there's no question of it, it's what he uses in the cutscenes alongside Emperor's Shield.

Hmm... the Shield brings Shove, Swap, and Defensive (+5 Def command), while offering 4 Def.

Given the E's Lance has Shove already, could Emperor Alm get some bizarre Assist where he swaps positions with a unit and then pushes them two spaces? Defensive could be any form of Def boosting skill.

The Angel Ring is +20/40 Luck (and Recovery like any other Ring). Luck normally provides Crit Evade, but in SoV, like Gaiden and FE1, also gives 1 Crit for every 2 points. So this could be enemy Special prevention, or Special acceleration for Alm.

If we combined the Emperor's Lance, Emperor's Shield, and Angel Ring, what could we get? We could in theory create a Lance Cav (or Armor) Alm who is slow, but is so physically durable they can eat an enemy's double like nothing, and then respond with a powerful Special in return. Not a bad idea. 

1 hour ago, Drakhis said:

"My name is Nino, goddess of death."

"I've seen another Nino here. Unlike me, she never had to learn how to survive by killing. I must admit that I envy her..."

"Is there someone you want to get rid of? Tell the name and I will do my job."

I know that we will never get this kind of Nino, but I would put some money on it ^^.

Probably not that dialogue, but I can see Apocalypse on a Brave Nino. I see it happening since Brave Heroes are always a little "out of the ordinary" but believable alt. Besides, Raigh is her child.

Lyn screwed over every other real Elibe Nomadic Trooper and Midir from the game because ranged calvary is just broken. Maybe they are saving Apocalypse for Nino.

Another day, another vote and this time I'll give Tine a vote.

Spoiler

Oh wow, I never realized how low she scored overall in CYL1 and CYL2. Poor girl only ranked 358 and 396. She does lack somewhat when it comes to the unit part of the character but she's a great character. 

Edited by Hekselka

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hmm... the Shield brings Shove, Swap, and Defensive (+5 Def command), while offering 4 Def.

Given the E's Lance has Shove already, could Emperor Alm get some bizarre Assist where he swaps positions with a unit and then pushes them two spaces? Defensive could be any form of Def boosting skill.

The Angel Ring is +20/40 Luck (and Recovery like any other Ring). Luck normally provides Crit Evade, but in SoV, like Gaiden and FE1, also gives 1 Crit for every 2 points. So this could be enemy Special prevention, or Special acceleration for Alm.

If we combined the Emperor's Lance, Emperor's Shield, and Angel Ring, what could we get? We could in theory create a Lance Cav (or Armor) Alm who is slow, but is so physically durable they can eat an enemy's double like nothing, and then respond with a powerful Special in return. Not a bad idea. 

Honestly I'd rather they just give all that stuff to an actual Rudolph moveset.

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I could also see Alm dress up like Rudolf. I actually hope it won't be the ''dong armor''. Alm deserves something less silly and I wasn't a fan of brave Celica either. 

The dong armor would be funny for a week and then forgotten for eternity. Bonus points if he were to get the original Gaiden artist.

Mycen’s armor would be a better choice.  Add Rudolf’s Emperor Lance to reference both characters and he’s set. 

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

The dong armor would be funny for a week and then forgotten for eternity. Bonus points if he were to get the original Gaiden artist.

Mycen’s armor would be a better choice.  Add Rudolf’s Emperor Lance to reference both characters and he’s set. 

The dong armor is, in my opinion, too much similar to the one he already has. But if they add some details to the conqueror armor, then I will be happy. I just think that brave Alm should have something like Brave Celica.

Mycen's armor is a cool thing, but the funniest thing that can happen is Rudolf's / Mycen's armor fused with the dong armor ^^

11 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

The dong armor is, in my opinion, too much similar to the one he already has. But if they add some details to the conqueror armor, then I will be happy. I just think that brave Alm should have something like Brave Celica.

Mycen's armor is a cool thing, but the funniest thing that can happen is Rudolf's / Mycen's armor fused with the dong armor ^^

Yes. Unlike Celica, Alm’s design didn’t change too much. They’re probably saving the Conqueror armor for his Mythic/Legendary variant. Brave would get something else and Mycen’s armor is a nice alternative. They could always go for the original Gaiden version of Mycen’s armor that includes the “dong armor” part. Still. the while “dong armor” meme would die off after a week. 

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Yes. Unlike Celica, Alm’s design didn’t change too much. They’re probably saving the Conqueror armor for his Mythic/Legendary variant. Brave would get something else and Mycen’s armor is a nice alternative. They could always go for the original Gaiden version of Mycen’s armor that includes the “dong armor” part. Still. the while “dong armor” meme would die off after a week. 

I'm hoping they will add it in reference to his old version, and because it will make sense with brave Celica, but I agree it will be funny only for a week. I'm more curious about how Marth will look, and how Micaiah will look (If they win). Micaiah in her form Goddess-Possessed Maiden is not really herself, she's more than that, but it would look cool.

12 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

ha ha very funny joke

alm will never get a mythic/legendary alt (nb4 1/29 mythic)

Edited by thecrimsonflash

3 hours ago, Drakhis said:

I'm hoping they will add it in reference to his old version, and because it will make sense with brave Celica, but I agree it will be funny only for a week. I'm more curious about how Marth will look, and how Micaiah will look (If they win). Micaiah in her form Goddess-Possessed Maiden is not really herself, she's more than that, but it would look cool.

I suspect Michy will dress like a Begnion empress. Family is the recurring theme on the brave banners so Michy getting her sister's imperial cloak seems like a safe bet. Alternatively she could cosplay as Lehran. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

19 hours ago, eclipse said:

Nah, vote Sonia, because she's a big-chested woman who used her body. . .well. :P:

Today I'm voting for. . .yeah, let's go with Stefan.  More cute green-haired guys~!

Sonia has no chance but Loki does. Imagine the chaos that will ensue if she wins. That'd be very fitting.