Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

4 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Sonia has no chance but Loki does. Imagine the chaos that will ensue if she wins. That'd be very fitting. 

Tbh, I'd be less mad about Loki winning than I would about Camilla winning because as garbage as Loki is, she doesn't have six goddamn versions of herself like Camilla.

Like, which would you guys rather have, a 2nd Loki or a 7th Camilla?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I suspect Michy will dress like a Begnion empress. Family is the recurring theme on the brave banners so Michy getting her sister's imperial cloak seems like a safe bet. Alternatively she could cosplay as Lehran. 

Micaiah in Sanaki's outfit would be freaking awesome. She could wield Rexflame to drown her enemies in a sea of lava to go along with Sanaki throwing the sun at them.

Unrelated, found the Marth I was talking about earlier.

14 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Tbh, I'd be less mad about Loki winning than I would about Camilla winning because as garbage as Loki is, she doesn't have six goddamn versions of herself like Camilla.

ehh brave camilla may be the only camilla we'll be getting for some time considering her Japanese VA went on maternity leave a while back. Though if Camilla does win CYL will they delay it or recast her? Interesting thought.

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

ehh brave camilla may be the only camilla we'll be getting for some time considering her Japanese VA went on maternity leave a while back. Though if Camilla does win CYL will they delay it or recast her? Interesting thought.

Recast her, I'm sure. It'd be very strange for them to say "we promised this, but we can't do it on schedule because her VA is off, even though we could definitely go with a different VA in the meantime".

Although I guess that could be one reason for any Camilla fans to not vote for her this particular time, if they're aware of it. It'd be taking away the possibility of a Brave Camilla with her usual VA later.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Recast her, I'm sure. It'd be very strange for them to say "we promised this, but we can't do it on schedule because her VA is off, even though we could definitely go with a different VA in the meantime".

Although I guess that could be one reason for any Camilla fans to not vote for her this particular time, if they're aware of it. It'd be taking away the possibility of a Brave Camilla with her usual VA later.

I brought this point up to someone else, and they suggested Xane posing as Camilla.

...Honestly, at this point, I stand by the only Camilla alt I'll accept being Stay-At-Home-And-Read-A-Book Camilla, obscenely angry at you for summoning her for the fifth time this week. This was supposed to be her "me time"!

28 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I doubt they'll be unprepared. Given how close Camilla came to winning CYL2 and that she had a strong showing in CYL1, they probably have a Brave Camilla already ready with the expectation that she will win.

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

33 minutes ago, Othin said:

I believe that's a very big no-no in Japan. They rather kill off characters or leave them without a voice if voice actors die. I hear a lot of talk about the VA of the Colonel dying being a big reason no new codecs were recorded for Smash Ultimate. That said Chopper from One Piece one got another VA for a few episode because Otani was pregnant at the time. 

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

7th Camilla, because it would drive the point home.  It'll also make my job more difficult, but I'm horribly spiteful.

17 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

I doubt they'll be unprepared. Given how close Camilla came to winning CYL2 and that she had a strong showing in CYL1, they probably have a Brave Camilla already ready with the expectation that she will win.

I guess that's more likely.

6 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I believe that's a very big no-no in Japan. They rather kill off characters or leave them without a voice if voice actors die. I hear a lot of talk about the VA of the Colonel dying being a big reason no new codecs were recorded for Smash Ultimate. That said Chopper from One Piece one got another VA for a few episode because Otani was pregnant at the time. 

I've heard about it being a thing for deaths, but that example suggests absences may be treated differently.

27 minutes ago, Othin said:

I've heard about it being a thing for deaths, but that example suggests absences may be treated differently.

I mean from what little I know of the seiyuu scene these actors/actresses are the equivalent of Hollywood superstars over there. The only times I've heard of seiyuus being recast is due to extreme circumstance such as death or retirement. This is especially true for extremely popular ones for very popular characters which I believe Camilla's would fall under at least to a degree. Then again I'm not too heavily invested into the seiyuu scene so take what I say with a grain of salt.

35 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That said Chopper from One Piece one got another VA for a few episode because Otani was pregnant at the time. 

Really? Hmm well that's certainly an interesting factoid I was unaware of.

Edited by Ottservia

29 minutes ago, eclipse said:

7th Camilla, because it would drive the point home.  It'll also make my job more difficult, but I'm horribly spiteful.

How about creating a thread for people to vent out their anger in the case that terrible outcome becomes a reality...?

Anyway, I’d prefer it if Nino were to win on the female side. She could take after Jaffar, Legault. Rebecca, Canas, Erk, Lloyd, Linus, Sonia, Canas, Lugh or Raigh. 

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

How about creating a thread for people to vent out their anger in the case that terrible outcome becomes a reality...?

I'd rather suspend everyone who feels the need to rage over the results of a video game poll. :P:

But really, I'll keep an eye on this thread instead.  If that does come to pass, I fully expect people to be mad in some form or another. . .and like the Hostile Springs thread, as long as it's not full-on temper tantrums/personal insults/threats/other generally immature behavior, I'll let it slide.

Votes still only go to Rinkah, if the top scoring characters have something promising I will maybe change my mind. But if I don't like them I still vote for Rinkah, just to hope that she scores a bit better than last time. But I guess most of the Rinkah fans already jumped from the FEH Ship and have given up hope. InSys just can't find an artist who can draw females with muscles. That must be it.

Edited by Stroud

49 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I believe that's a very big no-no in Japan. They rather kill off characters or leave them without a voice if voice actors die. I hear a lot of talk about the VA of the Colonel dying being a big reason no new codecs were recorded for Smash Ultimate.

Yeah and additionally (unless I'm mistaken) Gunter's original Japanese VA wasn't replaced for this game even though he passed away (November 2014) before Fates was even released in Japan and well before Heroes.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I'd rather suspend everyone who feels the need to rage over the results of a video game poll. :P:

But really, I'll keep an eye on this thread instead.  If that does come to pass, I fully expect people to be mad in some form or another. . .and like the Hostile Springs thread, as long as it's not full-on temper tantrums/personal insults/threats/other generally immature behavior, I'll let it slide.

Having a dedicated thread for that could help a bit if the rage really builds up. Blowing some steam once in a while isn’t bad. Although I hope she doesn’t get to the top 2. Not even the top 5. Basically a repeat of Tharja last year.

Back to topic, with beast units being a thing now, will Selkie get a boost now...? I guess we’ll find out really soon if midterm results do come in tomorrow or later tonight. 

14 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Having a dedicated thread for that could help a bit if the rage really builds up. Blowing some steam once in a while isn’t bad. Although I hope she doesn’t get to the top 2. Not even the top 5. Basically a repeat of Tharja last year.

Back to topic, with beast units being a thing now, will Selkie get a boost now...? I guess we’ll find out really soon if midterm results do come in tomorrow or later tonight. 

I think it would help Selkie and the other Tellius Beasts.

But I'm unsure how it would affect the 3DS Beasts; in fact, I think Panne will lose many votes.

On 23/01/2019 at 5:43 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

She says this right after Sothe promotes, to new clothes, and yet he still wears a belly-shirt. I wonder if that "Mmm-hmm" is actually her not so blatant way of whistling "he's sexy".

My head canon is that Micaiah mentally communicated to Yune to give Sothe an outfit where his belly button is exposed just because she finds it attractive. So I envision her being low key naughty. Even more head canon would be Micaiah's 3rd tier outfit showing more skin to make Sothe fall for her.

Also, she wants to use her beauty to manipulate Oliver to exert her influence in Begnion through him. I want to write a fanfic support between Micaiah and Oliver. 

Spoiler

Type 4: Duke Tanas… I know everybody thinks you’re horrible because of what you’ve done in the past. But not me! I think you just need different hobbies! I’d be glad to model for a sculpture when this is all over.

6 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Yes. Unlike Celica, Alm’s design didn’t change too much. They’re probably saving the Conqueror armor for his Mythic/Legendary variant. Brave would get something else and Mycen’s armor is a nice alternative. They could always go for the original Gaiden version of Mycen’s armor that includes the “dong armor” part. Still. the while “dong armor” meme would die off after a week. 

The simple solution is to make the dong codpiece an accessory that anyone can equip. Dongs for everyone!

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah and additionally (unless I'm mistaken) Gunter's original Japanese VA wasn't replaced for this game even though he passed away (November 2014) before Fates was even released in Japan and well before Heroes.

How does one do this? A seance? Is every word he utters in Heroes something he said in Fates? Do they use his recorded voice samples and break them down to their smallest components and then recombine them as they need to for each and every syllable uttered?

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

7th Camilla, because it would drive the point home.

7th Camilla sounds like 7th Dragon. Breath Camilla confirmed! The Dusk Dragon has evolved from within her being! Behold the destroyer of the universe who has consumed it all!

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

I mean from what little I know of the seiyuu scene these actors/actresses are the equivalent of Hollywood superstars over there. The only times I've heard of seiyuus being recast is due to extreme circumstance such as death or retirement. This is especially true for extremely popular ones for very popular characters which I believe Camilla's would fall under at least to a degree. Then again I'm not too heavily invested into the seiyuu scene so take what I say with a grain of salt.

This sounds problematic for a long-running series. Although I did hear of one thing that, in an interesting move, recast a character and played with it (I won't say anymore).

I wonder what is going to happen with Original Generations then, apparently Excellen's VA died, and for Moon Dwellers all her lines were recycled old ones. She is only one character of dozens, and they can use the soap opera quality of SRW to kill her and create a new Excellen-not-Excellen who for reasons of not being 100% identical to Excellen, could have a different voice and hence VA. It'd be a way to make the Impact (or are they Compact?) duo relevant again.

2 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Micaiah in Sanaki's outfit would be freaking awesome. She could wield Rexflame to drown her enemies in a sea of lava to go along with Sanaki throwing the sun at them.

What we need is to do tag-team units. One unit is the "main" who gets clobbered for damage and dies and learns skills and levels and all the customization stuff. The other is summoned during attacks to do combo with whatever the main is doing.

Want a Summer Marth alt? Want a Summer Caeda alt? Why not have both in one! Marth stands on one side of the enemy and serves a beach volleyball, he calls Caeda on the opposite side and she bumps it back to him, and then he spikes it on the enemy!

Or, we have have Divine Thunder Fang Bite! Thoron shot by Robin at Chrom's Falchion, electrifying it for a shockingly big and powerful swing at the enemy! The other Robin teams up with Lucina for Lighting-Falchion Dualblade, wherein they do a few slashes apart from each other, before Robin entrusts Lucina with the future symbolically by handing her the Levin Sword and she then connects the two at the hilts and spins it over the enemy multiple times.

31 minutes ago, Jotari said:

The simple solution is to make the dong codpiece an accessory that anyone can equip. Dongs for everyone!

A list of armor codpieces so far in FE:

Gaiden Alm, Mycen, Valbar, Deen, maybe petite cods on Treasure Naoise and Alec, questionable square cod on Treasure Arden, Douglas, Brom, Gatrie, Tauroneo, Black Knight, Zelgius, Meg.

So not that many actually, it is a questionable fashion and armor choice, cavs can't wear them (and yet Mycen does) since they'd just get in the way. Only a handful of units, mostly armor infantry, wear them.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Good point, keep things in perspective. The Internet is vast, but alas, the activity occurs so often in narrow bubbles.

38 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

My head canon is that Micaiah mentally communicated to Yune to give Sothe an outfit where his belly button is exposed just because she finds it attractive. So I envision her being low key naughty. Even more head canon would be Micaiah's 3rd tier outfit showing more skin to make Sothe fall for her.

I wasn't sure whether you'd find my comment sacrilege, nice to see you didn't. And Micaiah does call Yune like a sister, so I'm sure she shares those kind of private details with her which she probably couldn't tell anyone else. There has to be a whole lot to their relationship, even if Micaiah didn't quite know who or what Yune was all for all her years, which we don't see.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A list of armor codpieces so far in FE:

Gaiden Alm, Mycen, Valbar, Deen, maybe petite cods on Treasure Naoise and Alec, questionable square cod on Treasure Arden, Douglas, Brom, Gatrie, Tauroneo, Black Knight, Zelgius, Meg.

So not that many actually, it is a questionable fashion and armor choice, cavs can't wear them (and yet Mycen does) since they'd just get in the way. Only a handful of units, mostly armor infantry, wear them.

I mean historically you can find some absolutely lovely pieces out there

in all seriousness though the added defense there could easily justify any restriction in movement due to nature of medieval style warfare, provided it doesn't prevent you from using a necessary stance.