Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Ugh, why the hell is Camilla winning. How can people seriously want a seventh version of her? And I thought so many people were tired of her now. I'm definitely sick of her since I always hated her.

Sadly, I think the amount of people who are sick of her are a minority. The sad truth is that many people love a pandering character like her, hence why she gets featured so often.

Makes me sick just thinking about it. She's basically a sex object, and apparently that's all that's needed for some people. I hate it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

sooner rather than later!

Granted, that would mean a (rough) August time table for release, unless they already have a secondary Tellius best banner in the pipeline as opposed to Awakening or Fates. 

Having just loaded up the page again, I'm reminded how much better Alphonse, Shareena, and now Lif look in their external art than their in-game portraits. Lif especially. Even his mask doesn't look as ridiculous. It really seems like having to fit them in that box limits things, which is a diggity-damn shame.

I guess 6 Camilla's just isn't enough for her fans...

I guess I'll go all in for Micaiah now.  It's really nice to see her in the top 2 now, and since Marth and Alm are most likely to win the male side, I'm just going to try bumping Micaiah into first, or at the very least keep her in within top 2.  Being Brave alts for Alm, Marth, and Micaiah is all I could really ask for right now, and would be happy with just that.

2 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Granted, that would mean a (rough) August time table for release, unless they already have a secondary Tellius best banner in the pipeline as opposed to Awakening or Fates. 

Yeah, but that's way better than waiting another full year for the next Tellius banner.

A friend of mine got me back on the Xenoblade kick, and man, the contrast between fanbases is absurd. The most popular female in that game is by far the most modest, and all the bust-carriers (by which the bust is much less than Camilla's) are either hated on gameplay, hated for "You'll pay for your insolence", or mocked because the boobs make no goddamn sense.

6 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Sadly, I think the amount of people who are sick of her are a minority. The sad truth is that many people love a pandering character like her, hence why she gets featured so often.

Makes me sick just thinking about it. She's basically a sex object, and apparently that's all that's needed for some people. I hate it.

Same here, I want to puke. At both her and Micaiah being there. But moreso Camilla. Micaiah at least isn't fanservicey and isn't as badly written (though I still think she's bad).

Why do people think it's okay to objectify women and just think of them as boobs and ass? We have feelings and personalities too.

6 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

That seems to be the case cause otherwise why would Camilla be at first! Not to say Camilla isn't a good character or anything. She's okay one at the very least but this would lead to a 7th camilla like shit I thought y'a'll were sick of her!

At least Camilla has a character people can make a judgement on, unlike ancient Askr king dude. :/

On 1/21/2019 at 7:42 PM, Florete said:

My predictions.

Males: Marth and Alm. I was really hoping Alm would get an alt by now to lower his chances of winning this but it's basically guaranteed now. Bleh.

Females: This one is tougher. The top 3 after Celica and Veronica from CYL2 are Camilla, Eirika, and Azura, all characters suffering from excessive alt syndrome that might make people shy away from voting for them. Loki is next, but since she hasn't been around in the story much for a while and already got her standard version I wonder if she'll actually be able to make it. Eir might even stand a decent chance.

I guess I'll leave my predictions at Camilla and Micaiah. And if these predictions end up right (Marth, Alm, Camilla, Micaiah), I'll end up easily just taking Micaiah as my free choice.

It is actually going exactly as I predicted so far.

I’ve decided against Camilla winning. Voted Micaiah.

I am neutral on Camilla, honestly. But I’d much rather see Micaiah and Female Robin take the top two spots.

At least Marth is in top 2. Keep him in, guys!

Omg they actually put up the results again ugh

I expect people to rally behind the trailing ladies now and I'm both happy that Micaiah is doing so well and worried she's going to falter

VOTE MICAIAH PEOPLE

If the results stay as is, I'm definitely picking Alm. I like him enough and the only Alm I have right now is a -Atk one. I've got three different Marths. And I obviously will never pick either of the females.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

A friend of mine got me back on the Xenoblade kick, and man, the contrast between fanbases is absurd. The most popular female in that game is by far the most modest, and all the bust-carriers (by which the bust is much less than Camilla's) are either hated on gameplay, hated for "You'll pay for your insolence", or mocked because the boobs make no goddamn sense.

You think people here don't say the exact same thing about Camilla? Unless the thing in question is massively unpopular, never assume you know the will of the fanbase as a whole. The 90% silent majority very much exists.

Edited by Jotari

I have decided to throw my remaining votes towards Eliwood; I'm not that big on Alm as a character, and I'd be a sucker for the 3 straight FE7 lords after playing through the game. 

Figures though, that near every female I hate is high in this poll, but several males I like are high. Practically the only female I'd be okay with winning this right now is female Robin. I do hope she pulls through, though I'm not confident. I'd really love for her to have the Levin Sword.

Camilla winning is great, hope it holds up. No idea why people are surprised; she's always been one of the most popular characters and she was definitely robbed last time.

Chrom just can't catch a break in these things. He's that guy everyone likes but nobody loves, I guess, hard to explain his lack of ability to push into the upper ranks after three tries otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

You think people here don't say the exact same thing about Camilla? Unless the thing in question is massively unpopular, never assume you know the will of the fanbase as a whole. The 90% silent majority very much exists.

Well, to be fair, Xenoblade 1 is pretty minor-scale. But I'm hard-pressed to say people would be fans of Sharla, Lorithia and Vanea for their busts.

Melia probably loses to Fiora on account of ease-of-use: I've heard plenty of stories about people just never using Melia because they didn't "get" her.