Jump to content
Alistair

Choose Your Legends 3

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

but do these people literally not have second favorites? Close second favorites? Literally anyone else they like who they would want to see with a Brave alt? Or do they literally only like the game for Camilla and her alts? THAT is what is baffling.

I don't know if I warned you in particular, but I definitely warned somebody not to underestimate the zealotry and single-mindedness of Camilla fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, I wouldn't ask anyone to throw their votes behind a character they don't care for that much just because their favorite has a lot of alts, but do these people literally not have second favorites? Close second favorites? Literally anyone else they like who they would want to see with a Brave alt? Or do they literally only like the game for Camilla and her alts? THAT is what is baffling.

I'm actually somewhat in agreement here. Not saying people can't vote for their favorites but are Camilla fans just not satisfied with the amount of attention she gets and how much IS seems to pander to them? I mean vote for who you want but is 6 alts just not enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I would feel the same way even if my actual favorite character was in the same situation. Therefore, the scenario still applies. Just not necessarily with Ike.

Also, I wouldn't ask anyone to throw their votes behind a character they don't care for that much just because their favorite has a lot of alts, but do these people literally not have second favorites? Close second favorites? Literally anyone else they like who they would want to see with a Brave alt? Or do they literally only like the game for Camilla and her alts? THAT is what is baffling.

Camilla clearly sells despite what the like/dislike ratios on YT show though. Though not everyone voting for her likes her that much. I have two friends in a discord server I am in who claim to be voting for her, solely for "the Reddit salt".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vanil said:

Camilla clearly sells despite what the like/dislike ratios on YT show though. Though not everyone voting for her likes her that much. I have two friends in a discord server I am in who claim to be voting for her, solely for "the Reddit salt".

She is just a disivie character. It has nothing to do with "minorities", which I often see being thrown around. She has a lot of fans, she has a lot of haters, she has a lot of people who don't care but think she's got too many alts. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

The Annas are all different characters. It’s not the same person. 

In this situation, I don't think they really care if they're different characters so long as they see ANY Anna wins.

Plus deep down, any Anna (except maybe Shadow Dragon Anna?) is always a money-loving maniac.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I just realized something upon seeing the Black Knight and Zelgius. What would they do if the two winners of each side were essentially the same character? I figured that during the paralogue, Forging Bonds, and maybe Tempest Trials, the characters would acknowledge the fact their other self is standing right before them.

On another note, part of me wants to see Bruno, Lif, Loki sort of, or Thrasir somehow win a first or second place spot to see what the developers would do like they did with Veronica.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheWill said:

She is just a disivie character. It has nothing to do with "minorities", which I often see being thrown around. She has a lot of fans, she has a lot of haters, she has a lot of people who don't care but think she's got too many alts. 

 

Well regardless she is still winning. So there's clearly enough people who don't care about how many alts she has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dannytourettes111 said:

hurray! Continue to be a complete fucking embarrassment camilla faggots. Fates is a fucking cancer to this fanbase, fucking weeb anime fag cocksuckers

Gotta love these comments. <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Not saying people can't vote for their favorites but are Camilla fans just not satisfied with the amount of attention she gets and how much IS seems to pander to them? I mean vote for who you want but is 6 alts just not enough?

I like Awakening Anna a lot, but she is not going to win. Between Micaiah and Camilla, I prefer Camilla because I have played Fates and I have not played Radiant Dawn.

Just now, Falcom said:

Gotta love these comments. <3

Me too. You know it is seasoned with extra salt because their account is new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

The Annas are all different characters. It’s not the same person. 

While technically true, we all know that if one Anna wins all of them will be removed from the next CYL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dannytourettes111 said:

hurray! Continue to be a complete fucking embarrassment camilla faggots. Fates is a fucking cancer to this fanbase, fucking weeb anime fag cocksuckers

Yeah, this is NOT okay, on a lot of levels. 

 

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

On another note, part of me wants to see Bruno, Lif, Loki sort of, or Thrasir somehow win a first or second place spot to see what the developers would do like they did with Veronica.

I'd imagine Bruno gets his original weapon (or an upgraded variant?) with some extra skills. Lif and Thrasir would probably just be their alive forms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Well, I just realized something upon seeing the Black Knight and Zelgius. What would they do if the two winners of each side were essentially the same character? I figured that during the paralogue, Forging Bonds, and maybe Tempest Trials, the characters would acknowledge the fact their other self is standing right before them.

Actually, all the Brave alts are the same character. Brave Hector and Brave Veronica are of the same essence, coming from the source of creation. Their difference stems from who intensely observed them first, for once put under intense observation and one has projected their thoughts on them, they manifest into a certain form. And once that form has solidified, they cannot revert back to their fluid and undefined form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I would feel the same way even if my actual favorite character was in the same situation. Therefore, the scenario still applies. Just not necessarily with Ike.

Also, I wouldn't ask anyone to throw their votes behind a character they don't care for that much just because their favorite has a lot of alts, but do these people literally not have second favorites? Close second favorites? Literally anyone else they like who they would want to see with a Brave alt? Or do they literally only like the game for Camilla and her alts? THAT is what is baffling.

Obviously not, that's a silly thing to assume.

The far more logical assumption is that they, unlike you, don't view their favourite having lots of alts as a bad thing. (I'm kinda confused that you do tbh. Again, that's fine, I just don't really understand the mindset.)

If you still have trouble grappling with it, a couple other specifics probably enter into the picture here.

1. Camilla was basically robbed last year. You've probably forgotten this, but I suspect many of her fans haven't.

2. As someone who likes Camilla a lot, I'm really sick of people whining about her popularity, which if anything makes me more inclined to vote for her instead of characters I like about as much (like Micaiah!). I'm not a particularly trollish person by nature, but if she holds onto #1 I'm definitely going to find her victory extra sweet, in a way I wouldn't if those who disliked her were more respectful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Florete said:

While technically true, we all know that if one Anna wins all of them will be removed from the next CYL.

That would be blasphemy! How dare they treat the Rightful Goddess like that?

2 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Yeah, this is NOT okay, on a lot of levels. 

It is a new account, so I would not bother quoting them or interacting with them.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I'm really sick of people whining about her popularity

We're not mad at her popularity, we're mad that people want yet ANOTHER alt of her when she already has six. It doesn't matter how popular she is. The point is her oversaturation in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dannytourettes111 said:

hurray! Continue to be a complete fucking embarrassment camilla faggots. Fates is a fucking cancer to this fanbase, fucking weeb anime fag cocksuckers

ah yes here we see the internet troll in it's natural habitat. Feasting upon it's favorite snack the salt mines 

for real though yeah no these kinds of words should not be tolerated

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

I like Awakening Anna a lot, but she is not going to win. Between Micaiah and Camilla, I prefer Camilla because I have played Fates and I have not played Radiant Dawn.

I mean I suppose that's fair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No surprise Camilla is leading. She had a base of 25,000 strong in the first CYL, 28,000 in the second. Her stiffest competition won in the previous years and the votes have to go somewhere. 

Really, has anyone considered that Camilla gets alts because she has a significant following in the first place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, XRay said:

I like Awakening Anna a lot, but she is not going to win. Between Micaiah and Camilla, I prefer Camilla because I have played Fates and I have not played Radiant Dawn.

An upset happened last year. With Anna already having two top 10 spots, if enough of the people voting for Heroes Anna switched to Awakening Anna, history could repeat itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dannytourettes111 said:

hurray! Continue to be a complete fucking embarrassment camilla faggots. Fates is a fucking cancer to this fanbase, fucking weeb anime fag cocksuckers

b44.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

No surprise Camilla is leading. She had a base of 25,000 strong in the first CYL, 28,000 in the second. Her stiffest competition won in the previous years and the votes have to go somewhere. 

Really, has anyone considered that Camilla gets alts because she has a significant following in the first place. 

Still doesn't explain the lack of ike, veronica, or celica seasonals. It's her following combined with IS's weird bias towards her and fates for whatever reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see Alm at the top. He's my only missing lord and I loved him in SOV, I'd be happy to make him my free pick.

Marth and Eliwood will get their fight for 2nd. I'm curious how this will turn out. Eliwood still doesn't have a non-seasonal alt, so personally, I think he'd get more out of it. I'm guessing both will rally more support now, but I don't know which will get a greater boost from it. Marth might take 1st place from Alm, but I don't think Eliwood will.

Chrom sits in 4th, as expected. Seems stuck in this limbo. I think he'll hold that spot, right between the serious contenders and everyone else.

Bruno at 6th is interesting. Seems headed for a Loki-style Farfetched Heroes appearance, except with his "real" version instead of an alt. Or they could stick him on a banner with regular Veronica. It'd be funny if getting 6th place does more to satisfy his fans than Veronica's sudden push to 2nd did, but I think even IS knows how ridiculous that'd be.

Jugdral and Tellius are both getting some nice attention. Reinhardt hasn't slipped as much as I expected, while Sigurd and Seliph have jumped way up. I think the first Jugdral seasonals are on the horizon, and maybe this will get them to do more Jugdral banners as well. Meanwhile, Leif seems to be dropping now that he's been added. (Lif, on the other hand, is 8th for some reason.)

I'm really happy with all the votes for Ranulf and Haar. They're two characters I've been looking forward to, and this should already guarantee they show up in the next year, either on a Farfetched banner or a full Tellius banner. I'd prefer more Tellius banners, but if the number of Tellius banners is the same either way, putting them on Farfetched leaves more room on them for other characters. So either works.

I'm a lot less enthusiastic about the female side. I'm standing by my guess that the midway results will rally opposition to Camilla, but frankly, it's too late. Even if she does get knocked out of the Top 2, it's already demonstrated to IS how many people are still standing by her, and that'll just rally her fans for yet another go. I'll root for a Micaiah/Robin win, but I'm not optimistic.

Female characters not yet in the game are Awakening Anna, Louise, Selkie, and Thrasir. Selkie and Thrasir are probably already set for other banners, but Anna and Louise seem like locks for Farfetched 3. They aren't super likely to find another home, and their rankings should be secure.

Breakdown of the 40 characters by origin:

  • 2 Archanea
  • 1 Valencia
  • 3 Jugdral
  • 4 Elibe
  • 1 Magvel
  • 8 Tellius
  • 7 Awakening
  • 7 Fates
  • 7 Heroes

As for me, I've got my 4th vote for Osian in now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

The far more logical assumption is that they, unlike you, don't view their favourite having lots of alts as a bad thing. (I'm kinda confused that you do tbh. Again, that's fine, I just don't really understand the mindset.)

Some people like more than one character. This isn't the case with Camilla fans, whose obsession is total, to the point where they would throw away the chance at non-Camilla alts, like you do with Micaiah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Florete said:

An upset happened last year. With Anna already having two top 10 spots, if enough of the people voting for Heroes Anna switched to Awakening Anna, history could repeat itself.

Hm... Good point. Now I am kind of divided. I do want Anna to get second place...

I think I will vote Anna on my main browser then, while the rest of my browsers go towards Camilla.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...