Jump to content
Alistair

Choose Your Legends 3

Recommended Posts

 

8 minutes ago, TheWill said:

I literally don't see anything wrong with calling Camilla divisive. What...?

And no... this topic doesn't prove anything. Having a big following doesn't exempt you from being a divisive character, lol.

This is what you said:

41 minutes ago, TheWill said:

She is just a disivie character. It has nothing to do with "minorities", which I often see being thrown around. She has a lot of fans, she has a lot of haters, she has a lot of people who don't care but think she's got too many alts.

Believe it or not, it's more complicated than that.  I don't like her aesthetic, have questions about her character, but at the same time, I think karmic justice is being served by her winning.  In the end, she's a video game character, and that's hardly a reason to lose one's temper.

2 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

Considering it's just a mobile video game, I'm surprised by some of the people so eager for Camilla to win, just so they can watch part of the fanbase be angry. Seems as immature as the people throwing so much hatred. =O

I honestly don't care if she wins or not.  The biggest upside IMO is that if she does win, the CYL will never have to deal with her again.

But watching a lot of people go bananas, when it's pretty clear that the majority of her voters won't hear them?  All it does is reinforce the view that the FE fandom can be really shitty at times.  And guess who has to deal with the especially shitty ones?  Honestly, I don't ever expect you to truly understand this mindset.  But IMO it's better for my mental health than giving a lecture regarding life priorities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nym said:

Null Distant Counter, you want to declare war on Hector fans right?

It is mostly as a response to Null C-Disrupt. I hate Null C-Disrupt as a concept although I have not actually had any problems with it in PvP yet.

2 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Maybe, but you literally just described the Onsen alt coming in a few days. 

Yeah, but she does not come with Firesweep Dagger though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Camilla never became queen of Nohr though. Either Xander or Leo would take the throne depending on what version you played.

And yeah, I guess if Camilla wins now, she'll never be in CYL again should IS continue doing those.

She can become Queen of Hoshido if she marries Ryoma.

Besides, it's not like it has to be canonical. Nohrian Queen Camilla would be a perfectly fine fit even if it doesn't happen in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jave said:

She can become Queen of Hoshido if she marries Ryoma.

And that's not a definite thing like how Marth, Alm, and Micaiah 100% canonically become rulers.

I hope Alm wins and gets a red bow alt. Why do we still not have a red bow yet.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, but she does not come with Firesweep Dagger though.

Didn't read the top part of your post because it was before you quoted me; apologies for taking you out of context. Anyways, I just explained what i thought was likely to happen; if your idea ends up being closer to the truth, fine by me. 

 

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

Besides, it's not like it has to be canonical. Nohrian Queen Camilla would be a perfectly fine fit even if it doesn't happen in the game.

Especially when this game's premise relies on the presence of a multiverse i.e. the Outrealms. 

Edited by Alistair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TheWill said:

I mean, Eirika got robbed too. That didn't help her get support. :\

Eh, I’d call that evening the score given that her brother wasn’t actually 2nd last time though that’s under the assumption that Eirika was even robbed in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Nym said:

It's my first CYL, truly I sigh to behold.

Well I feel sorry for you. This topic was so good generally speaking, until the midterm results broke, they should calm down again in like 6 hours. After that, all should be good again, until the final results come in.

If Camilla wins, then this topic is going to be hotter than Surtr's hemorrhoids (they are like magma veins I tell you, and his defecations are solid granite- why'd I stand beneath the sloping cliff where he was relieving himself that one day?) for a while. I'd probably jump ship and avoid being here for about 12 hours after the news breaks, then people will move on and get over it, no more rage, until the next Camilla alt. You'll be a happier Eevee if you do.

 

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

Melee weapons feels like a nerf though. At the very least, I want her to stay as a ranged unit like most of her alts, and ideally be colorless.

How about she goes Lance, but gets put on a horse or in armor and sings? We haven't a refresher cavalry or armor yet, she could be the first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And that's not a definite thing like how Marth, Alm, and Micaiah 100% canonically become rulers.

I hope Alm wins and gets a red bow alt. Why do we still not have a red bow yet.

I know the concept of that sounds good, but coloured bows and shurikens are some of the most meaningless additions they've made to this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Hurray for Camilla! Now to hope she holds on against all the haters rallying against her. Stupid midterms.

Go get ’em, big sis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm expecting CY4 to be dominated by Three House lords so this might have been Camilla's last chance. 

Very impressive that both the Black Knight and Zelgius made it into the top 20. I wonder what their combined votes would be. Certainly wouldn't mind the red armour Zelgius that we should have gotten last year instead of the unmasked Black Knight.

I thought the OC (save Bruno) would do a little worse this year considering we know now that we're getting them at some point but they still all show up here. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UNLEASH IT said:

I know the concept of that sounds good, but coloured bows and shurikens are some of the most meaningless additions they've made to this

They still exist though, and it baffles me that we've gotten multiple blue and green bows, and yet not a single red one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jave said:

Now that I think about it, Marth/Alm/Camilla/Micaiah would be a perfect banner for a Kings & Queens theme.

If that's the final line up I'd also love for there to be a discussion of religion and faith in the Forging Bonds event, considering

  • Alm slew someone he thought of as a god and was opposed by his cult
  • Micaiah was literally the vessel for a goddess
  • Camilla claims descent from a godlike dragon
  • Marth is fighting what is essentially the Archanean Satan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

But watching a lot of people go bananas, when it's pretty clear that the majority of her voters won't hear them?  All it does is reinforce the view that the FE fandom can be really shitty at times.  And guess who has to deal with the especially shitty ones?  Honestly, I don't ever expect you to truly understand this mindset.  But IMO it's better for my mental health than giving a lecture regarding life priorities.

Thanks for keeping this place as civil as possible. I seriously feel bad for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, I'm also surprised at the number of Tellius characters that ranked high this time, even if Elincia is still not one of them. I still can't believe not many people like her when she's so beautifully written and designed...

But this might still make IS decide to do more Tellius banners than they have been and that they're not to be slept on at all.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I have to give eclipse a thumbs up too. I feel bad that she's gotta deal with crazy salt as well. This is also why I've really been trying hard to keep mine to a minimum.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Didn't read the top part of your post because it was before you quoted me; apologies for taking you out of context. Anyways, I just explained what i thought was likely to happen; if your idea ends up being closer to the truth, fine by me. 

It is okay. I guess Axe is fine too, but it just means I am most likely going to pick whoever is ranged colorless or the most broken.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How about she goes Lance, but gets put on a horse or in armor and sings? We haven't a refresher cavalry or armor yet, she could be the first.

That will be great! I lean towards cavalry Dancer/Singer since I mostly use my armors on Enemy Phase, so my armor team does not really need the Dance/Sing support. If she is a Dancer/Singer, then it does not really matter what color or Weapon user she is.

Edited by XRay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Believe it or not, it's more complicated than that.  I don't like her aesthetic, have questions about her character, but at the same time, I think karmic justice is being served by her winning.  In the end, she's a video game character, and that's hardly a reason to lose one's temper.

You quoted something that just links to what I said... The first line is 'She is just a disivie(typo) character', of which it summarizes that she has a lot of fans and a lot of haters. Which, I think both are pretty justifiable in the context of this fandom. 

To be honest, I don't see anything karmic about the situation. This isn't anything related to luck, although I'm not sure if that's what you meant. She has a lot of passionate fans, she has /v/ rallying votes for her to cause salt and so on. Yes, she has a lot of haters and people who will be rallying against her. But, even if you remove both Camilla and whoever is being rallied (fans seem to be stuck between Micaiah, Robin and Eirika), that's still just a subsection of the overarching fanbase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In this time of great controversy, I urge you to spare a vote for Bloom. He deserves at least to be considered more popular than is Isaacian counterpart Danann.

oQ0LONJ.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Having fun ex-player? You see, life can sometimes be better without things you think you need.

I’m disappointed with the community because they are voting for Surtr, Líf, and Thrasir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jotari said:

In this time of great controversy, I urge you to spare a vote for Bloom. He deserves at least to be considered more popular than is Isaacian counterpart Danann.

oQ0LONJ.png

His daddy deserves the vote more than he does. Reptor has one from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't mind Camilla winning and no one in this top 40 makes me want to bandwagon on for my last remaining few votes so I'll still vote for my favourites not yet in the game.

Elena, Bastian, Bastian, Sonia thus far.

Edited by Vince777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

oof my sincerest condolences about that. Regardless I don't think this whole issue would be so bad had the time between alts been more spread out over a more elongated period of time. I know I personally wouldn't be so bothered by this had that been the case. Its just after seeing alt after alt after alt in the span of six months is just a little tiring.

My thoughts exactly.

11 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Also I know, I've been waiting since the game's launch for my favorite girl to get into the game(Yeah I know selena but her stats suuuck). *sigh* Looks like I have to wait a bit longer I suppose.

I'm even more surprised considaring Severa was one of the 4 children, yet she's the only one who isn't here yet.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is mostly as a response to Null C-Disrupt. I hate Null C-Disrupt as a concept although I have not actually had any problems with it in PvP yet.

Have you heard that Null C-Disrupt can nullify Fire Sweep's weapon counter attack weakness for the user of the weapon? The enemy is still affected by the Fire Sweep effect but the user can counter attack thanks to Disrupt.

 

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well I feel sorry for you. This topic was so good generally speaking, until the midterm results broke, they should calm down again in like 6 hours. After that, all should be good again, until the final results come in.

If Camilla wins, then this topic is going to be hotter than Surtr's hemorrhoids (they are like magma veins I tell you, and his defecations are solid granite- why'd I stand beneath the sloping cliff where he was relieving himself that one day?) for a while. I'd probably jump ship and avoid being here for about 12 hours after the news breaks, then people will move on and get over it, no more rage, until the next Camilla alt. You'll be a happier Eevee if you do.

 

Yeah I expected something like this, this like a worse version of the voting gauntlets.

If Camilla wins, I should make a meme playthough of revelations with only the royals and Corrin because to IS they are apparently the only playable characters in Fates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see my girl Mia get in the top 20, literally best PoR/RD girl plus my Awakening wifey making it so high is also good.

Seeing Haar in top 20 as well is really good. He needs his RD RNG to activate and somehow win.

Also it's time to make this canon in FEH:

Spoiler

Thot_Destroyer_-_Almond.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I'm also surprised at the number of Tellius characters that ranked high this time, even if Elincia is still not one of them. I still can't believe not many people like her when she's so beautifully written and designed...

The Tellius games, if I recalled, didn't sell well. So I'd imagine not as many people know who Elincia truly is about and what made her great.

Definitely sucks cause I would love to see Elincia get a Brave alt.

EDIT: Guess that still wouldn't explain why Haar is up there but whatever.

Edited by Falcom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...