Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

Wow, the community keep surprising me with CYL. As I said the other day in the general thread:

- People: we don’t want more alts!

*CYL3 appears

- Same people: let’s vote people which not only are in the game, but that they have one or more alts! 

And today:

- People: we don’t rally against Camilla, don’t worry, we only voted X character because we liked it.

*CYL3 mid-term results appear.

- Same people: c’mon guys! We have to rally F!Robin to take Camilla out of top 2.

Amazing

Anyway, related to the mid-term results:

I think the biggest loser from this mid-term is Eliwood. Knowing that Marth is second will make sleeper Marth voters to vote him, making Eliwood unable to reach top 2. Probably Marth will end #1 and Alm #2.

On the girls side, I can only say that I’d LOVE to see F!Robin or other girl in #2, with Camilla in top #1, just to see the reaction of those Camilla-haters after robbing Micaiah’s deserved top 2 just by shifting their votes (not Micaiah voters, the rest of voters).

From my side, I’ll keep voting characters not in the game yet. Not sure who I’ll vote today, though

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I can understand the feeling, but a sentiment like this is probably best kept in your head (or at least discussed in a small conversation away from a public forum) during such a volatile situation. I also think it's possible to resent something that someone does without saying that they're a shitty terrible person for it, but again ... time and place, check the mood, etc.

I mean

I can't really help you out with that. I'm not voting a single girl this year, and except for yesterday's Reinhardt vote all of my votes are for people not in the game. Like how people who don't want Camilla getting a guaranteed seventh alt this year can't stop Camilla fans from voting her, Camilla fans can't stop people from rallying behind her competitors.

Like, there's absolutely nothing anyone can do other than just get frustrated.

23 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

The leader of the midterms never relinquish their spot. The race is between Eirika, Female Robin, and Micaiah. Camilla and Alm are on the gravy train.

5 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Wow, the community keep surprising me with CYL. As I said the other day in the general thread:

- People: we don’t want more alts!

*CYL3 appears

- Same people: let’s vote people which not only are in the game, but that they have one or more alts! 

And today:

- People: we don’t rally against Camilla, don’t worry, we only voted X character because we liked it.

*CYL3 mid-term results appear.

- Same people: c’mon guys! We have to rally F!Robin to take Camilla out of top 2.

Amazing

I think the biggest loser from this mid-term is Eliwood. Knowing that Marth is second will make sleeper Marth voters to vote him, making Eliwood unable to reach top 2. Probably Marth will end #1 and Alm #2.

On the girls side, I can only say that I’d LOVE to see F!Robin or other girl in #2, with Camilla in top #1, just to see the reaction of those Camilla-haters after robbing Micaiah’s deserved top 2 just by shifting their votes (not Micaiah voters, the rest of voters).

From my side, I’ll keep voting characters not in the game yet. Not sure who I’ll vote today, though

Thanks, you've made me feel better. 

Thank you. 

Hoping that every of you get at least something they want. 

16 minutes ago, Jotari said:

So they invoke emotion in you. Hence they are great characters. Better than bloody Dannan (and I know I can insult him all day because nobody here likes Dannan).

Well you're not wrong about that but as someone who likes Tine and Tailtiu a lot I just can't ever give the guy (or his wife) a vote.

But you're right about Dannan's popularity. The guy was only a few places above Bloom in the last CYL.

Amongst my favourites, I got L'Arachel, Ishtar and Ophelia this year after CYL2 so eventually we get a lot of what we want.

My top 10 remaining units amongst favourites are:

Bastian
Sonia
Lethe
Larcei
Orochi
Mitama
Python
Calill
Haar
Petrine

I wonder how many of them will make it this year but I expect Haar and Lethe at the very least. 

Edited by Vince777

Huh quite some surprises in these midterm results. Alm beating Marth, F!Robin getting third place while not even being in the top 10 last year, the newest OCs being in the top 20 of both genders.

Think the rest of my votes are going to F!Robin as I like her the most of the top 3 females. I most of all just hope that Alm wins as he's my favourite of the whole top bunch. As long as they don't make him sword infantry (forever salty about Brave Celica) I'll very probably pick him.

Edited by Mau

4 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Well you're not wrong about that but as someone who likes Tine and Tailtiu a lot I just can't ever give the guy (or his wife) a vote.

But you're right about Dannan's popularity. The guy was only a few places above Bloom in the last CYL.

Well if it helps, Tine thinks Bloom isn't all that bad a guy.

Bleh. At this point I can't even be bothered to be angry about Camilla probably getting her 7th version (which would give her as many versions in-game as Thracia has units). If people like her that much, sure. What really ticks me off is Lif and Thrasir ranking so high. Camilla at least has a character even if she's massively over-saturated, while Loki and Veronica had been around long enough for us to get a good feel for their personalities. Those two enormous sacks of dead nothing have nothing about them to deserve getting introduced into the game before actual characters, especially when we're basically guaranteed to get them on a banner when Book III is over. Well, I'm putting all of my votes in for Farina, so it's not like I can talk about unreasonable expectations.

I've alreasy said this, but the double standards are pathetic; Eirika gets her first alt last year during voting and it dooms her CYL chances, Camilla gets her sixth alt right before voting and she's in first place. FIRST place!

At least the men's side looks good, with characters that actually deserve recognition in the top three...

Edited by DefyingFates

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I've alreasy said this, but the double standards are pathetic; Eirika gets her first alt last year during voting and it dooms her CYL chances, Camilla gets her sixth alt right before voting and she's in first place. FIRST place!

At least the men's side looks good, with characters that actually deserve recognition in the top three...

Eirika should be third.

But thanks to AlphaRad (a Youtuber), Robin has jumped up considerably. Blegh.

I'll keep voting Eirika though. I only wanted her and Micaiah to win.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

It seems like voting from multiple devices does change your battle ballot. I tried it, and Soren was changed to F!Robin. 

It only works if you don't log into your Nintendo account to vote.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Heya! Sounds like you're challenging me to a duel at dawn or something. How's life?

Life's okay, been really busy and I kind of lost track of talking to people on SF for a while.

You've probably mentioned it already, but who are you voting for? XD

Camilla is basically locked for a cyl version, which as funny as it would have been to keep Camilla eternally locked in third place, would have happened eventually, I'm just hoping micaiah doesn't get overturned by F!Robin. Personally also hope Eliwood overturns Marth so IS is forced to give him a good alt and he can join Lyn and Hector as CYL winners

3 minutes ago, Nanima said:

It only works if you don't log into your Nintendo account to vote.

Right. I did that on my computer for some reason. Now I'm trapped I guess, no more multiple votes for me. I'll be an honest man from tomorrow onwards. Soren, Miccy, and F!Morgan will get my votes I suppose.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Life's okay, been really busy and I kind of lost track of talking to people on SF for a while.

You've probably mentioned it already, but who are you voting for? XD

Yeah I know that feeling. Heading abroad for work again soon so it's the calm before the storm for me.

Lyon, Miccaiah, F!Robin, F!Morgan, Soren, A!Tiki, more or less. I kind of want to help support Micaiah too, but the top 20 is important, and for some reason Líf, Surtr, Thrasir and Selkie are there, so someone has to do some serious cleaning downstairs. 

You know I’ve always wondered why Micaiah is called a mary sue. Sure she has special powers and is actually royalty, but other than I really don’t see it. Plus, if you read between the lines you see that Micaiah is actually an rather cynical person, probably the cynical of the FE lords. And isn’t the Daein’s people reverence for Micaiah portrayed as rather creepy or at least disturbing? Takes the bridge chapter for example. And she’s clearly uncomfortable with her own popularity in Daein.

Also, this hate towards Camilla is actually making me appreciate the character much more. Not out spite, because it made me look into her character and now I really like her.

17 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Pardon me if I find it ridiculous that Camilla voters are called selfish by some people.

It's just that from their point of view there are plenty of Camilla's already. 4 seems to be last line to what sparks controversy based on reactions across multiple platforms. Might be because 4 is the limit of members in a team. Can't say for certain really

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

Yeah I know that feeling. Heading abroad for work again soon so it's the calm before the storm for me.

Lyon, Miccaiah, F!Robin, F!Morgan, Soren, A!Tiki, more or less. I kind of want to help support Micaiah too, but the top 20 is important, and for some reason Líf, Surtr, Thrasir and Selkie are there, so someone has to do some serious cleaning downstairs. 

Ah nice, enjoying work then I guess?

I have to admit, I am pretty surprised that Lif, Surtr, and Thrasir are so high up. Life and Thrasir have less character than Laevatein or the Nifl sisters did upon their introductions, and we know for sure we'll get them once book three ends. Surtr's just odd. I'm also kind of bummed we can't see past top 20. I want to know where the hell Tormod and Rath are.

10 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Personally also hope Eliwood overturns Marth so IS is forced to give him a good alt and he can join Lyn and Hector as CYL winners

This would be interesting.

21 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

The men's side is always the best side, in all CYL. 

46 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

From what I’ve seen so far, many of the Alm/Marth supporters are jumping to the female side to bump up F!Robin and Micaiah in an attempt to dethrone Camilla at all costs. Alm overtaking Marth is a huge achievement by itself especially when the Marth votes have been combined this time. 

The biggest “loser” would be Chrom. Not even Smash is enough since most of the Smash fans moved to support F!Robin. 

Lif and Thrasir scoring so high probably will have it so that IS will commission even more OCs to be inserted into Book 3 (sort of like Helbindi and Laegjarn), assuming not everything about it is entirely planned.