Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

Eww, seeing the avatars and the new OCs, who have no characterization at all yet, rank so highly make me ill. Outside of that the top 3 males are all great imo (yay Eliwood has a chance!) and as for the females... well it could be better. I like Camilla but I’m indifferent towards Micaiah since I know next to nothing about her and I absolutely despise F!Robin as previously stated.

I’m honestly so shocked that people truly didn’t expect Camilla to do well. Sure, she has 6 alts and all but why would that stop fans, as in, fanatics, maniacs, enthusiasts, of Camilla to not vote for her? I mean, people love seeing their favorite characters get as much love and attention as possible so of course they’re gonna vote for that character even if that character doesn’t really “deserve it“

4 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

Why would you vote for a character just to piss somebody off instead of using this chance to show who your favourite characters are?

Probably the same question Camilla fans had when people started voting for characters they didn’t like just to prevent her from winning.

Days 2, 3, and 4:

Spoiler

i3A7kt7.png

Day 2 was Lugh! He feels like such a glaring omission considering the rest of his family is there so here’s hoping he gets in this year. #CompleteNino’sFamily2019

Day 3 was Mordecai! He is such a sweetheart which is something most people wouldn’t expect for one with such an imposing figure. My favorite of the Tellius beast for sure and probably my favorite beast just in general.

Day 4 was supposed to go to either Brom or Rinkah but seeing Eliwood in top 3 how could I resist not choosing him instead? Would be great to see the trio all sporting a Brave Alt.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Jotari said:

It's absolutely selfish to vote for Camella when she has six units already. It's also selfish to tell other people not to do that because they don't personally want her. But being selfish isn't inherently a bad thing. People should have desires they want and pursue above the desires and opinions of others. No one person's want for a character is any greater than another's. This is a poll asking for someone's opinion which could net tangible gain, it's all selfish. Being selfish isn't wrong, being obnoxious, dismissive and judgmental is.

Why has this topic been brought up again? We've literally had multiple threads talking about Micaiah's Mary Sue tendencies and barely anyone (even among her detractors) think she is.

Yet. Give it time.

Seriously though I get your point. Have to wait for two more Young Tikis before people will complain.

That's true, but people treating it as a bad thing is what annoys me.

9 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

feel free to vote for Camilla today, I gave Rinkah my vote this morning ;)

Thanks, all Rinkah helpers are appreciated. It is good to know that she still has a bit hope. Top 80th would be a victory for her. But I just fear that this time she will have a worse placement =/.

Took a look at the males now. This looks more promising overall. Also Haar made it pretty far. They hopefully do not ignore him anymore at this point. 

SOOREEENN!!! You're doing amazing baby, I'm so sorry I couldn't support you all that much this time.

Aghh....I'm so worried Mic's going to lose her second spot. Hopefully she'll maintain her position.

All this Tellius love is so pleasing to look at.

Kinda hoping Eliwood kicks Marth out and takes his place.

Edited by Skyla

well i can't really say i'm surprised

i mean, we're humans after all, thus stupid by nature

i don't understand all of the trolls wasting their votes for camilla just to see others angry, instead of choosing characters they actually like (implying they have any)

there are many people who love different characters for various reason, why would you want to ruin their only chance to actually show IntSys their love?

this is just sad, because it ruins the whole meaning of this competition: voting for your favorite character

if IntSys had people checking fans' reactions at all and had some balls, they should ignore camilla's results (because as i already said, trolls voting for her don't actually like her as a character), or at least halve her votes

i know this could sound unfair towards all those people who like camilla, but i'd see this as when the teacher punishes the whole class when only 2/3 people were making noise

i think camilla's fans' anger would help trolls understand that acting like this doesn't bring them anywhere

but again, this only if IntSys had balls

Edited by Yexin

10 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Thanks, all Rinkah helpers are appreciated. It is good to know that she still has a bit hope. Top 80th would be a victory for her. But I just fear that this time she will have a worse placement =/.

Took a look at the males now. This looks more promising overall. Also Haar made it pretty far. They hopefully do not ignore him anymore at this point. 

You think top 80 would be good for Rinkah, I'm just hoping Bloom can get into the top 800!

Spoiler

From now just Micaiah. Eirika is not gonna win by the looks of it, she also has more alts. Micaiah needs support now, next year will probably be Three houses mostly so it's now or never. The males look fine, though I still want Marth and Alm, any of the top 4 will be fine. Now about the whole Camilla issue, I don't mind that much, out of her 6 versions most are seasonals that don't add anything to her character and the only serious alt (which showcased something about her personality) was adrift, so it might be for the better I guess (that doesn't mean IS should give us a Camilla with every new seasonal banner she is not in yet). I now hope Micaiah wins whatever the place as I am sacrificing Eirika's votes for her.

Edited by SuperNova125

I would rather the male duo we have right now sticks but my guess is that they have a commanding lead over 3rd place which I'm not sure Micaiah has over Robin.

Now particularly fond of Adult!Roy. 

Edited by Vince777

1 minute ago, Vince777 said:

I would rather the male duo we have right now sticks but my guess is that they have a commanding lead over 3rd place which I'm not sure Micaiah has over Robin.

Now particularly fond of Adult!Roy. He's the boring Blazing Sword lord. 

Literally the only reason Robin is third is because of Alpharad, a Youtuber. 

I'd be pretty disappointed if Micaiah didn't have a commanding lead over Robin, but Alpharad does have a pretty sizable following...

1 hour ago, Lau said:

After all, there's only one Camilla in the permanent summoning pool.

No there's already two, she would be the first character with 3 versions in the standard pool (separating Corrins genders as different characters)

2 hours ago, Michelaar said:

But still, what is selfish about voting for your favourite? I think it's more selfish to call other people who vote for Camilla selfish 

Think about it this way. In 5 years time there's a poll to decide which superhero movie you'd like to have a reboot for. A bunch of hardcore fans vote Spiderman even though he's had like what? 3 portrayals in the past 17 years or so with sequels to boot? Some people would feel a bit peeved

Vote for whoever you want. And if Camilla wins we just won't have any salt for the next year which is a good thing for the community.

What I'm about to say is more on the topic of seasonals/alts. I feel as though we've reached the point with alts that it's either make or break with them for CYL4. It might get a whole lot worse for some when it comes to characters chosen for seasonal banners. Worst thing is that seasonal banners take away from the game believe it or not. We don't get a demotion (f2p friendly means of obtaining new units that have assets), we don't get new skills to fodder from the demote, less new characters (which is a selling point in the game, seeing your favorite characters joining the Heroes roster), the story doesn't progress, etc. This is without basis, but we're probably scraping the bottom of the barrel for characters to be added into the game from IS's point of view. There might be more seasonal banners this year than new hero ones because of that. Of course it's not all doom and gloom until we actually experience this year and get more event calendars

Honestly, everyone should stop treating this as Camilla vs Micaiah/F Robin/Eirika/Anna.

Camilla is going to win no matter what. The fact that she's receiving more hate is just pushing the dedicated fans/trolls to throw all remaining votes to her. Even if she does lose, she'll come back even stronger for CYL4. And if Camilla is still in the pool for CYL4, you know the top 2 will be Edelgard and Camilla. There will be no chance for any other characters. Brave Camilla is not a matter of 'if' but 'when'.

I would worry about Micaiah though. A smashtuber is rallying behind F Robin which is why she's third and all these Camilla haters are gonna throw vote towards F Robin in an attempt to kick Camilla out of top 2. What will end up happening is Micaiah getting kicked out of the top 2 instead.

Edited by zuibangde

3 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

And today:

- People: we don’t rally against Camilla, don’t worry, we only voted X character because we liked it.

*CYL3 mid-term results appear.

- Same people: c’mon guys! We have to rally F!Robin to take Camilla out of top 2.

Honestly, even if I joked about this happening, the fact it actually happened, and you can see it so strongly on SF which is usually a chill place (seriously, I'm scared of what I'm gonna find on social media) is making me feel sad.

Like REALLY sad. I gave humanity too much credit. It's one thing to be upset about Camilla winning. It's one thing to even berate the character. But it's another thing entirely to attack her fans, call them "disgusting", or "selfish", or worse. And then start voting against her instad of voting for who you like.

Ike is watching you all, and he has this to say "You disgust me beyond words". Ephraim agrees and Sigurd said that you are "dastards".

On the bright side, this helps me understand who doesn't like Fates but is still a civil person, and who is a garbage can I don't want to interact with.

Needless to say, I'm voting Camilla for the first time, and will continue to the end. I don't want this kind of """""fans""""" to "win" and feel validated. They don't deserve it.

7 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

But it's another thing entirely to attack her fans, call them "disgusting", or "selfish", or worse. And then start voting against her instad of voting for who you like.

implying all of the people voting for camilla are actual fans of her

9 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Needless to say, I'm voting Camilla for the first time, and will continue to the end. I don't want this kind of """""fans""""" to "win" and feel validated. They don't deserve it

aren't you doing the same thing as those who are voting not to let camilla win?

also, if these people don't deserve to feel validated, what do trolls, who're voting for camilla just to see everyone else salty, even deserve?

1 hour ago, Michelaar said:

That's true, but people treating it as a bad thing is what annoys me.

The way I see it, while not all selfishness is bad and it can absolutely be a necessity in certain situations, the moment you know for a fact you prioritizing yourself will put others down, and you go through with it anyway, without any good reason other than you not caring about others... That crosses a line. The harder you hit them/the less you get out of it, the worse it gets.

Now this is just a poll for a character in a video game, so all things considered there's really no reason to get angry at one another. But, you do know when voting Camilla, a character with six versions in the game already, that you're completely ignoring the wishes of others to prioritize yours, even though you have plenty already. That's why it's not the good type of selfishness, imo. Yeah, I'll give you that we're all doing that right now, you're just... doing it worse than most.

Very surprised Alm made it to #1, and Chrom didn't get a massive burst of votes. Was really expecting a top tier position in the fresh and very successful Smash Ultimate would secure him a spot in the top 3 here.

Edited by Cysx

37 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

No there's already two, she would be the first character with 3 versions in the standard pool (separating Corrins genders as different characters)

Shit, I forgot about Adrift. I keep thinking that's it's a seasonal, my bad.

7 minutes ago, Yexin said:

Implying so many of Camilla voters are trolls. I think most of the voters are definitly fans. Or do you mean to argue that all Micaiah voters are fans of her?

@Cysxbefore anything I just want to stress that I didn't vote Camilla ever (I voted some random from Genealogy today because why the heck not) But no I still don't think voting for your favourite character is a bad selfishness.

Edited by Michelaar

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Am I the only person here that WANTS female Robin to win over Micaiah? I'm sad...

I am with you. Maybe we can have a Levin Sword Robin this time, although Brave Alm could get the red color and be a Red Archer... unless Brave Alm makes a reference to his father and be a Lance Cavalry Unit (Gold Knight)... But I can also see Brave Marth a Lance Flier, using Caeda's Wing Spear.

This year can be tricky to guess what color each one will be.

6 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Very surprised Alm made it to #1, and Chrom didn't get a massive burst of votes. Was really expecting a top tier position in the fresh and very successful Smash Ultimate would secure him a spot in the top 3 here.

That’s because people got overconfident in Marth just winning CYL on the male side based on his previous placings and the removal of the vote split.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Well if it helps, Tine thinks Bloom isn't all that bad a guy.

By chapter 8 her viewpoint has changed. 

Tine: You drove my mother to her death, remember Or do I have to remind you?!

- Im her battle sgainst Blume

@Etrurian emperor

You're not wrong and I agree that they have a good character. Personally it wouldn't feel right for to me to vote for them. But that's just me.

1 minute ago, Yexin said:

aren't you doing the same thing as those who are voting not to let camilla win?

also, if these people don't deserve to feel validated, what do trolls, who're voting for camilla just to see everyone else salty, even deserve?

Obviously I don't condone people who vote just to spread the salt. That's a shitty thing to do.

The difference here is that I haven't seen anyone here say they vote Camilla just for the memes. Only that on twitter some people do that.

But I have seen with my own eyes people in this very topic say they are switching to Robin and Eirika just to screw over (and they will probably screw over Micaiah instead).

I give less importance to what some random trolls do compared to what Serious Fans on the most Serious Site about FE do.

Plus, I really feel for people like Ana who said she feels like the only legitimate Robin supporter, while others vote for her only out of hate for Camilla.

Finally I have absolutely 0 intention of taking that bait about people voting for the boobs. People who do that probably won't read the comments, so all the hate goes to the actual fans of the character who care enough to read.