Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am happy see that Sigurd is in the top 10 and that Seliph is in the top 20. Marth, Alm and Micaiah being in the top 2 is nice too. The only things that surprise me about the polls are Lif, Surtr and Louise.  

Louise being this high mainly thanks to Mangs, makes me wonder how many people voted in this CYL compared to the other 2.

I am only voting for some of my favorites who aren't in the game yet in this CYL. Already voted for Jill, Patty and Xane and today it's Sara's turn.

2 hours ago, Yukiko said:

The thing which disappoints me a little is the fact that a lot of people on twitter and reddit explicitly said they voted for Camilla to spread even more salt in the community. Why would you vote for a character just to piss somebody off instead of using this chance to show who your favourite characters are? I find it very silly and childish honestly. It's just a mobile game, if Camilla gets her seventh alt there's surely going to be a lot if disappointment at the begginning, but it's going to disappear in a few days... What's the gain in voting for her for the salt?

Yes I agree with you. People who vote for characters to spread more salt in the fanbase and for "lol I want and love chaos" are as childish as those who vote "against" the character they hate/dislike.

13 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

I want Camilla to win this. I'm not a Camilla fan myself, but I don't really like how much of a distraction she's become to people who vote for characters just to beat her and not voting for characters they actually like. If she doesn't win this now and get banned from later CYL's, this distraction will just occur again, and again, and again until she wins it.

I was Hoping Nino fans would be able to band together to get her to to a top spot. I'm not sure that'll happen with some voters' priorities

This is assuming the game is still big at this time next year, which we don't know. Heroes was at the top of the world in early 2018, and a lot of controversy has risen around it since. I'm really curious about how many votes CYL3 is currently garnering actually.

5 minutes ago, Yexin said:

but if camilla wins, IntSys will get the message that we want more of her, because that's the way they think

cyl has a tremendous impact, and that's the only chance we have to actually show our opinions as a community

that's why i'm not completely fine with either marth and alm winning: they're main lords, they're gonna get alts anyway

That's right. Winning first place means you will get lots of alts in the following year. Which is exactly why Ike and Celica have... oh wait...

Honestly the amount of alts you get seem to be unrelated to wheter you win CYL or not. The only winners with lots of alts are Lyn, Lucina and Hector, and they probably would have gotten the same treatment even if they ended in 4th place.

I get your argument about main lords, but at the same time I don't...

Yeah lords are probably gonna get atleast a Legendary sooner or later, but can you really expect people to not prioritize lords? Main characters are always more popular than minor characters with a fanbase (unless you are Reinhardt. Reinhardt can do anything).

Let's pretend the mid-term results are final. Even the two winners who aren't lords, Camilla and Veronica, are respectively the sister of a main lord, and the Main Antagonist Lord of the game (characters like Lyon and Ashnard are Main Antagonist Lords).

Lords will ALWAYS win. In fact I'm expecting Eliwood, Eirika and two lords from 3Houses to win CYL 4.

22 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Not, you’re not the only one. Although I’m sure we’ll not coincide in our preferred tops. 

Mine would be:

Males #1 Alm #2 Eliwood

Females #1 Camilla #2 Robin

I don't mind either Marth or Eliwood, but I would go Marth this time because of how he got snubbed last time. And this is coming from an Ephraim fangirl.

And yeah, I can't stand Camilla, so I'd rather see Micaiah and Robin take the no.1 and 2 spots.

9 minutes ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

I’ll just hope we do not get another Camilla alt in between now and then

you bet we will

6 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

First of all, sorry for the "boobs" comment. Reading your post again it's clear you meant the troll voters, but everytime I hear about people giving votes to Camilla even if they aren't fans of her, my mind instantly goes to the countless arguments about being fans of her body, not her.

np, it's all right

7 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

And yes, if people like Robin and Eirika and they wanna vote for her that's fine, but among those who said exactly that, others just said they will switch to Robin to take out Camilla, while others IN THIS VERY TOPIC said "don't vote Eirika, she won't take down Camilla. Vote for Robin and Micaiah instead" without even asking if they liked Micaiah and Robin.

What should I think of these guys?

you should pity them, because that's not the point of the cyl event

but you should also ignore them, since i don't think any of their efforts are gonna make them achieve their target

sure, we still don't know the exact votes every character has, so it's percectly possible for camilla to be even just 2/3 votes above micaiah, but most likely this isn't the case and camilla's gonna win anyway

i personally switched to micaiah just because out of all of the top 5 female characters, she's the one i like the most, and i want her to stick at least with the 2nd place

but in the end nobody knows for sure what'll happen, we still have 4 more days to go

14 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

And I really hope you are exagerrating about the amount of troll votes... for humanity's sake.

i thought it was implicit, but of course i hope they're a very very small minority

i mean, if they feel so relieved seeing so many people get salty, well, the only excuse i can think about is that tey've been beaten by their parents in the past

16 minutes ago, Yexin said:

please don't act like a victim, nobody cares

Please, don’t be so rude, because I could say that nobody cares your wall of text like Yu-Gi-Oh cards complaints, doesn’t matter if it’s true or not. But respect after all.

With the Camilla controversy, it kind of does stem from Fates’s lower-quality writing at points, but this stuff with voting just to stop Camilla is most certainly the fault of the toxic fan base. I do not even mind Camilla; at this point, I’ll just help Marth make 1st, it’s far less toxic on the male side.

Why does Fire Emblem in particular attract these toxic fans, anyway?

49 minutes ago, Yexin said:

why wouldn't they? why would you want to vote for micaiah if you don' like her? and if you're a troll, then why would you want to vote for micaiah? how could this make anyone salty?

Maybe you can't read and have missed the hundreds of posts not only here but everywhere that say they'll vote Micaiah just so Camilla doesn't win. It's not in your place to judge others based on who they vote, nor is it mine, nor anyone's. Grow up, please. There's thousands of reason people could vote for Camilla, and you shouldn't say people can't vote whoever they please. Besides, you have absolutely 0 proof to suggest more than 20% of camilla voters are in fact trolls.

@DrakhisNo problem :D

32 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Please, don’t be so rude, because I could say that nobody cares your wall of text like Yu-Gi-Oh cards complaints, doesn’t matter if it’s true or not. But respect after all.

i just hate hypocrisy

you like camilla? fine, vote for her and don't complain about stupid people not agreeing with you for a thing YOU decided to do

in case my comment offended anyone, i'm sorry

also, if you don't want to read my comment, just don't do it lol

36 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

That's right. Winning first place means you will get lots of alts in the following year. Which is exactly why Ike and Celica have... oh wait...

well of course awakening and fates have much more priority when compared to characters people actively voted as their favorite characters

The only winners with lots of alts are Lyn, Lucina and Hector, and they probably would have gotten the same treatment even if they ended in 4th place.

it seem that if you're a girl and you've been very hig- placed during CYLs, you'll eventually get many alts

hector and ephraim are the only non-fateswakening male exceptions, even though they have 4 versions respectively instead of 5, as lyn, azura, camilla and lucina do

i'm pretty sure we're gonna get more ike and celica alt, just give them time

Yeah lords are probably gonna get atleast a Legendary sooner or later, but can you really expect people to not prioritize lords? Main characters are always more popular than minor characters with a fanbase (unless you are Reinhardt. Reinhardt can do anything).

i'm not saying we should vote for characters like ronan or coirpre

my point is, there are many beloved character who are not main characters: tibarn, selkie (even though i don't get why tbh), nino, haar and so on

even though they're loved, they clearly have no chance against main characters, so why not trying to make the formers shine even more?

how many chances has chrom of getting another alt?

how many chances has haar of getting an alt (if he ever gets in the game in the first place, which is honestly quite possible with a 3rd farfetched heroes banner) instead?

exactly

honestly i'm fine with alm and marth, i think they deserve their brave alt... but at the same time i can't but feel that they would've gotten cool alts anyway

just my opinion though, i don't want you to agree with me if you don't feel like

@Michelaar "Maybe you can't read and have missed the hundreds of posts not only here but everywhere that say they'll vote Micaiah just so Camilla doesn't win. "

i'm sorry if i didn't feel like reading 10 whole pages of people complaining, i excuse me from the bottom of my heart :'(

"It's not in your place to judge others based on who they vote, nor is it mine, nor anyone's."

that's why i didn't do it

"Grow up, please. There's thousands of reason people could vote for Camilla, and you shouldn't say people can't vote whoever they please."

that's why i don't do it

also, it's really ironic you're blaming me for acting like a baby when:

1) i never did those things you're saying;

2) you can't ignore those people you complain about and let people do whatever they want in the first place

well, c'est la vie, i guess

"Besides, you have absolutely 0 proof to suggest more than 20% of camilla voters are in fact trolls."

that's what the "i'd dare to say" was for

Edited by Yexin

So apparently Robin is 3rd because a Youtuber who doesn't even play Heroes is telling his viewers to vote for her.

Remind me why they allow people to vote without an account? Actually, why isn't the voting done within the app itself? If it were, you limit votes to one per day per player instead of people being able to anonymously vote several times. It's really dumb that people who aren't even fans of Heroes can have this kind of impact on who gets a Brave version.

I don't get most of the discussion. Shouldn't everybody focus on their favorites and not discuss who deserves (or doesn't deserve) to win? Seems pointless. 

I'm more interested in why everyone found their favs or is torn between this and that character. I just voted for the most popular of my favs (Cordelia), but it seems she won't make it this year. 

Edited by mampfoid

6 minutes ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

Why does Fire Emblem in particular attract these toxic fans, anyway?

There is always going to be bad people in this world, as a series gets more popular more people like it and thus the amount of shit people in the community increase, its not even close to just a fire emblem thing  

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I don't get most of the discussion. Shouldn't everybody focus on their favorites and not discuss who deserves (or doesn't deserve) to win? Seems pointless. 

I'm more interested in why everyone found their favs or is torn between this and that character. I just voted for the most popular of my favs (Cordelia), but it seems she won't make it this year. 

Because we are in one of the more toxic fan bases in Nintendo’s repertoire of series, probably only behind Super Smash Bros. in terms of toxicity, I think.

10 minutes ago, Yexin said:

@Michelaar "Maybe you can't read and have missed the hundreds of posts not only here but everywhere that say they'll vote Micaiah just so Camilla doesn't win. "

i'm sorry if i didn't feel like reading 10 whole pages of people complaining, i excuse me from the bottom of my heart :'(

"It's not in your place to judge others based on who they vote, nor is it mine, nor anyone's."

that's why i didn't do it

"Grow up, please. There's thousands of reason people could vote for Camilla, and you shouldn't say people can't vote whoever they please."

that's why i don't do it

also, it's really ironic you're blaming me for acting like a baby when:

1) i never did those things you're saying;

2) you can't ignore those people you complain about and let people do whatever they want in the first place

well, c'est la vie, i guess

"Besides, you have absolutely 0 proof to suggest more than 20% of camilla voters are in fact trolls."

that's what the "i think" was for

Alright, then it's fine. I didn't mean to make you feel bad or anything, i'm just very passionate about stuff like this, sorry.

@Book Bro I do agree it would make more sense to be in the app. I also would like it if folks couldn't dogpile their favorite by voting the same each day. I do think that would give a better view of the fanbases preferences in general. Of course IntSys is probably less interested in who is liked in general and more interested in who can entice the most folks to go the extra mile for since those fans are probably more likely to be whales(and thus a better source of money) than a casual who is less likely to vote a straight ticket and use multiple votes per day to prop up their fav.

Anyways my picks so far are Ewan, Ross, Panne, Rinkah. Probably have to throw one to Eirika as well. Last two may as well be Selkie and either Velouria or Kaden.

At least the male section looks like what it should. I'm pleasantly surprised by Eliwood's placement, it would be cool to have a proper version of him with good art.
Though why are there 2 BKs in Top 20? Didn't they merge votes (except Anna's because IS hates her)?

But I will never understand why people keep voting the new OCs. Aside from design there is nothing we know about them, so what's the appeal here? Bone fetish?
And freaking Sutr at 16. Well, aren't we eager to make Arena/Aether Raids even more insufferable?

The female list looks like the German Federal Election November 1932. That's all I have to say on that matter.

Edited by Magus of Memery

7 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Alright, then it's fine. I didn't mean to make you feel bad or anything, i'm just very passionate about stuff like this, sorry.

no problem, at least we solved this question peacefully

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

Yup, always stay civil, no reason to get so upset ^_^

Yeah. The way I shall stay civil is to just put the rest of my votes into Marth.

Next CYL, I am dumping all of my votes into Adult Tiki.

18 minutes ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

Because we are in one of the more toxic fan bases in Nintendo’s repertoire of series, probably only behind Super Smash Bros. in terms of toxicity, I think.

Didn't have this impression so far. 

Phone: 4x Laegjarn

PC: Leila, Cecilia, Sain, A!Anna

My remaining PC votes will go to Anna, she is highest placed character I like that might be able push Micaiah down. 

I was thinking about giving some phone votes to Eliwood, but even though I like him more then Marth, later does not deserve get screwed again. Well, I am going to give my very last phone vote to Louise, hoping to get her into farfeteched banner. 

Just now, mampfoid said:

Didn't have this impression so far. 

Were the comments about stopping Camilla not enough? Also, it’s not just in Heroes it gets toxic. Just look on Reddit, as I have heard that place is way more toxic than here.

29 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

So apparently Robin is 3rd because a Youtuber who doesn't even play Heroes is telling his viewers to vote for her.

Remind me why they allow people to vote without an account? Actually, why isn't the voting done within the app itself? If it were, you limit votes to one per day per player instead of people being able to anonymously vote several times. It's really dumb that people who aren't even fans of Heroes can have this kind of impact on who gets a Brave version.

This indeed. Like not only can you vote while being logged out, you can make a different logged-out vote on each different device. You can vote on your phone, your PC, your tablet, your work PC, etc. and you can vote differently in each different web browser you have. So if you have a phone, a PC, and a tablet and all have three browsers, you can make 9 votes a day + 1 while being logged in. And then you can have/make multiple accounts too and make 10 votes on each of those accounts. I know at least a few people who make maximum use of that and pretty sure all the trolls are definitely going that far too.

This poll is meant only for those that play Heroes so I really don't get why you shouldn't be logged in for it.

Also, to everyone saying that the FE fandom is so toxic: this goes for practically every fandom really, don't think I've ever been in one where it's all love and peace, that's practically impossible. Humans in general are toxic, not fandoms.

Edited by Mau

5 minutes ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

Yeah. The way I shall stay civil is to just put the rest of my votes into Marth.

Next CYL, I am dumping all of my votes into Adult Tiki.

I love you, The hero king deserves this win!