Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

33 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I think it funny. People hate the idea of Camilla winning, and don’t want her to win.

And yet some same people, or different people, are either voting because they like her, or voting to see the salt rain

different kinds of people i guess

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yes, they do it because they think people will pay for it. That's literally the first thing I said.

That's the whole problem, and it's why Camilla's continued success is significant: because it sends them the message that they should double down on it. And it's self-fulfilling, because taking the game in that direction brings in more guys who want their female characters to go into battle in fetish outfits and drives away whatever fans don't want that. That causes the cycle to repeat, and each time, it messes up the games and fanbase even more.

I doubt it. If anything,  the message is that Lyns and Lucinas can sell even better, Veronica worked as an original, and that revived FE2's leading lady also made many fans. Camilla is leading only after they and four of the iconic male lords of the series were removed from the pool.

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

There's nothing sudden about it. Fates already has too many instances of female characters not being able to dress themselves properly. Camilla is the most notorious, but also like. Every knight-like class in the game, including the main character. It's absurd.

If you have a giant shield and have the strength to move it around unencumbered, you actually don't need much armor at all to be effective. Basically, you just need to have armor on your back and sides if you're expecting to be flanked, and fighting in formation means you don't even need that (since you're never going to be flanked).

Dragon riders typically shouldn't be getting hit themselves unless they've dismounted or your opponent uses big magic spells (and if your opponent uses big magic spells, you're screwed if you get hit, armored or not), meaning you really don't need to be armored unless you're at risk of having your mount killed.

Chafing of the legs due to not wearing pants can be avoided by posting or by cushioning the saddle.

16 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

All this politics about alts and I have never voted for a character that exists in Heroes in any of these polls. I wish we could go back to the days when CYL was just a way to guage interest in who we want to see added.

If CYL 1 was a guide, Camilla was basically a lock to win a future one. That's unusual and pretty strong for a non-lord, non-most important story female in a game.

14 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

I doubt it. If anything,  the message is that Lyns and Lucinas can sell even better, Veronica worked as an original, and that revived FE2's leading lady also made many fans. Camilla is leading only after they and four of the iconic male lords of the series were removed from the pool.

Yeah, not to mention Ike had a much bigger team than Camilla in that final round of the first CYL gauntlet. This might even indicate Ike would sell more than her. And is yet another reason I don't understand why we don't have a seasonal Ike showing off his muscles and a bulge or something if "sex sells."

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Falcom said:

I like Haar because he's a good unit but wherever else I go, he gets overshadowed by Mia and Nephenee so I assume few actually care too much about Haar.

I'd thought Elincia was somehow more popular than Haar too. But then again, I finished RD a long time ago to truly remember.

Also Haar in Brave Redux possibly...?

CYL Haar Round 1/2: 104/64

CYL Elincia Round 1/2 112/118

Mia beats him both rounds and Nephenee only wins the first one, she loses the second round by six spots (ranking 70).

So yeah people do like Haar quite a bit. Specifically his RD version, that one gets the most votes.

6 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

If CYL 1 was a guide, Camilla was basically a lock to win a future one. That's unusual and pretty strong for a non-lord, non-most important story female in a game.

I don't know why you're telling me this, I didn't mention Camillar in my post. I'm just bored that all people care about are which characters get alts.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

I don't know why you're telling me this, I didn't mention Camillar in my post. I'm just bored that all people care about are which characters get alts.

because that's the whole point of the cyl event

voting for your favorite character so that he/she gets a cool alt

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, not to mention Ike had a much bigger team than Camilla in that final round of the first CYL gauntlet. This might even indicate Ike would sell more than her. And is yet another reason I don't understand why we don't have a seasonal Ike showing off his muscles and a bulge or something if "sex sells."

I think this is because the devs love Camilla, but don't love Ike as much. It's a bit sad for Ike, but it can explain the free Camilla too.

I want to see more Ike too (Groom and Halloween). Maybe this year?

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Camilla has too many. that was a huge thing that went on in the adrift banner. I swear the community of FE will complain about one thing and yet still vote for it. 

8 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, I don't know why but Lif looks like he's from Mirage FE (whatever that thing was called), and Thrasir looks like a Miraculous Ladybug character.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (pronounced "sharp FE")

And he does look a good deal like Mirage Chrom:

Spoiler

Chrom.jpg

Why did IS refuse again to put TMS on the poll? Just drop the Jpop songs from ever getting into this game and there would be zilch in legal issues. Atlus/Sega is on good terms with Nintendo, they could get the rights if any are needed no probs.

And if it is knowing about/depth of character which are an issue, well as people have been saying the FEH OCs have ranked highly despite as much development as a vacant lot. TMS has flashy style, at least some of these should look so cool people would pull regardless.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

I think this is because the devs love Camilla, but don't love Ike as much. It's a bit sad for Ike, but it can explain the free Camilla too.

I want to see more Ike too (Groom and Halloween). Maybe this year?

Yet IS were the ones that wanted Ike in Smash, Sakurai just went along with it, IS keeps having lore say Ike is the mightiest/strongest hero, and they made Ike the first non-OC legendary hero. It always seemed like they had SOME bias for him over other lords. And yet they gave seasonals to Hector, Roy, Ephraim, and Chrom instead out of the popular males.

I dunno about a groom Ike, he never canonically gets married. Not sure about Halloween either. I'd like to see a summer or Christmas Ike.

Edited by Anacybele

The problem I have with Camilla is that her armor leaves her heart and neck completely exposed to attack.  I don't mind "sexy" females I just like it when their outfit makes sense, I don't mind it if thieves and mages have "sexy" outfits because they are either doing sneak attacks or attacking from far away so they don't need as much armor.  I only vote for characters not in Heroes on these, even if it means my votes don't have a shot at a brave I hope they get enough votes to make it in the game.  If Adrift Camilla was not a thing I would be fine with her getting a brave, but now I am just going to be sad that one character will take up three space in the general pool when one of them could have been a character not in the game.  Oh well I just hope some of my favs get added this year and I will just choose a guy for my free brave.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why did IS refuse again to put TMS on the poll? Just drop the Jpop songs from ever getting into this game and there would be zilch in legal issues. Atlus/Sega is on good terms with Nintendo, they could get the rights if any are needed no probs.

And if it is knowing about/depth of character which are an issue- well as people have been saying the FEH OCs have ranked highly despite as much development as a vacant lot. TMS has flashy style at least some of these should look so cool people would pull regardless.

The reason is, in my opinion, the same reason that makes that we're not getting cross over. #FE don't feel "medieval", and I know that I will be like: "This feels strange."

But I'm okay if they add them. I want the real Al to be in the game too (https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Al)

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I understand what you're saying. I mean this forum says that Tokyo Mirage #FE is considered a Fire emblem. You can have some of the characters on your badge so why can't Nintendo add them. Heck they could be their own set of units i.e. beast, dragons. And they can function like the beast units in that they are in normal form at start and certain conditions and transform into their mirage.

8 minutes ago, Yexin said:

That's not how I remember it. CYL1 was meant to gauge interest in characters to add into the game. Rewatch that part of the Direct, it is the stated purpose of the poll. We heard the top male and female (as in, just two characters)would take part in some kind of event, and I remember a tweet about a month later expanding on this, claiming the winners would get "unique artwork". The only players that knew what alts were before they started happening were just a handful of them coming from other Gacha titles. And even they weren't sure Heroes would be getting that treatment when it so uniquely has this ocean of existing characters that could be added.

Furthermore the Farfetched Heroes banners are both clearly meant to add new characters into the game from CYL. Hence why they don't come in as alts, but as New Heroes

Edited by Glennstavos

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I have a suspicion that there are more male than female fans so even if sexy Ike sells he'd likely sell to a smaller group. 

But I think Ike's biggest problem for seasonals is his personality. Camilla really does seem the type to hit the baths and the beach, Sharena really would hop around like a happy bunny and Takumi was such a great fit for the beach DLC because its canon that he really wants to play on the beach. 

Ike doesn't really have this. He's not the type to willingly engage in seasonals but he's also not the type to be so unwilling that it becomes amusing. Seeing the sourpuss Catria or the proper Alfonse dressing up as bunnies was funny because you'd imagine them blushing up a storm over it and Leo makes his distaste for the beach pretty well known. Ike would just roll his eyes once but otherwise just partake without complaint. Ike lacks both extreme reactions which gives writers less to work with.

Not that there aren't any events for him. If any seasonal is about fighting Ike would be the best fit and Ike taking Mist or Rolf trick or treating on Halloween wouldn't be out of character for him. 

37 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

One hand I can sympatize with your view, on the other I can't, since people are allowed to have their own opinions and not everyone thinks it is a big issue. I personally don't think you should be that worried, especially because Micaiah is still in second place. I hope you understand and apologies for being a bit rude earlier!

People can have their own feelings on the outfits, and I won't tell people not to like them. But when people want to encourage them in a game with a lot of fans who find them so distasteful, that suggests to me that they either aren't understanding the concerns well or just don't care.

Micaiah shows that there are people who aren't Camilla fans, but that doesn't really address the problem. Camilla got 6 versions in Heroes even before this, after all, and I expect this to encourage even more.

I do appreciate the apology.

29 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Lyn and Lucina are lords, which have been dominating most of the top CYL spots. The fact that wearing a fetish outfit has made Camilla the only side character to score lord-level popularity sends a clear message to IS that fetish outfits help the popularity of female characters.

27 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you have a giant shield and have the strength to move it around unencumbered, you actually don't need much armor at all to be effective. Basically, you just need to have armor on your back and sides if you're expecting to be flanked, and fighting in formation means you don't even need that (since you're never going to be flanked).

Dragon riders typically shouldn't be getting hit themselves unless they've dismounted or your opponent uses big magic spells (and if your opponent uses big magic spells, you're screwed if you get hit, armored or not), meaning you really don't need to be armored unless you're at risk of having your mount killed.

Chafing of the legs due to not wearing pants can be avoided by posting or by cushioning the saddle.

You can find ways to mitigate or work around the ridiculous outfits, but that doesn't make them not ridiculous.

Consider Effie, who has heavy armor everywhere except her ass, and certainly can end up being flanked.

10 minutes ago, Yexin said:

CYL influences non-alt banners. The Farfetched Heroes series is the most obvious one, but it does appear to affect others as well. For example, it likely played a big role in them adding beast units, particularly Tibarn.

Edited by Othin

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yet IS were the ones that wanted Ike in Smash, Sakurai just went along with it, IS keeps having lore say Ike is the mightiest/strongest hero, and they made Ike the first non-OC legendary hero. It always seemed like they had SOME bias for him over other lords. And yet they gave seasonals to Hector, Roy, Ephraim, and Chrom instead out of the popular males.

Those 4 males you mentioned are all extremely popular characters.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

he never canonically gets married

Yeah I know, I just want to see him embarrassed (I don't know if it's the right word) ^^.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not sure about Halloween either. I'd like to see a summer or Christmas Ike.

Halloween is my favorite event, so I may have a bias, but a "cool monster" would be cool. I don't like summer, so I will not pull for him, and for Chrismas, he will feel like he is a copy of Chrom. But this is just my opinion.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (pronounced "sharp FE")

And he does look a good deal like Mirage Chrom:

Reveal hidden contents

Chrom.jpg

And if it is knowing about/depth of character which are an issue, well as people have been saying the FEH OCs have ranked highly despite as much development as a vacant lot. TMS has flashy style, at least some of these should look so cool people would pull regardless.

Forget #FE! Why the f*ck are Cipher characters not in the poll? They were in Echoes, an official, mainline, Fire Emblem game!

Why do you hate Cipher so much, Heroes devs? Is it because they are the better crossover game?

9 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

That's not how I remember it. CYL1 was meant to gauge interest in characters to add into the game. Rewatch that part of the Direct, it is the stated purpose of the poll. We heard the top male and female (as in, just two characters)would take part in some kind of event, and I remember a tweet about a month later expanding on this, claiming the winners would get "unique artwork". The only players that knew what alts were before they started happening were just a handful of them coming from other Gacha titles. And even they weren't sure Heroes would be getting that treatment when it so uniquely has this ocean of existing characters that could be added.

"Then, the global community's top ranked hero and heroine will be featured in Fire Emble Heroes as "Choose your Legends" Event characters"

also, you made me remember... they said only  1st placed heroes would have gotten their cyl version, but then they extended this to the 2nd placed heroes as well

maybe they did this because they saw lucina was not 1st as they expected?!?!? :blink::blink:

@Othin "CYL influences non-alt banners. The Farfetched Heroes series is the most obvious one, but it does appear to affect others as well. For example, it likely played a big role in them adding beast units, particularly Tibarn."

absolutely true

but we didn't know that, at the time

so now that we know this AND the fact that CYL event grants a special version for the top 2 male and female heroes (which we already knwe, but whatever), i don't see the problem with voting for a character you like so that he/she can get a cool alt

Edited by Yexin

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I have a suspicion that there are more male than female fans so even if sexy Ike sells he'd likely sell to a smaller group. 

But I think Ike's biggest problem for seasonals is his personality. Camilla really does seem the type to hit the baths and the beach, Sharena really would hop around like a happy bunny and Takumi was such a great fit for the beach DLC because its canon that he really wants to play on the beach. 

Ike doesn't really have this. He's not the type to willingly engage in seasonals but he's also not the type to be so unwilling that it becomes amusing. Seeing the sourpuss Catria or the proper Alfonse dressing up as bunnies was funny because you'd imagine them blushing up a storm over it and Leo makes his distaste for the beach pretty well known. Ike would just roll his eyes once but otherwise just partake without complaint. Ike lacks both extreme reactions which gives writers less to work with.

Not that there aren't any events for him. If any seasonal is about fighting Ike would be the best fit and Ike taking Mist or Rolf trick or treating on Halloween wouldn't be out of character for him. 

I don't think Alfonse or Ephraim were the type to dress up either. Frederick isn't the type to show off skin (he even basically says he's uncomfortable). Not "being the type" doesn't really seem to matter.

Besides, I'm sure Ike goes for a swim at the beach sometimes at least. Also, this is an opportunity to show a more relaxed/casual side of him since he's normally blunt and serious.

However, this does bring me to a theory I've had for awhile, and it's really the only reason I can think of that makes sense for why Ike has yet to get a seasonal: IS hasn't yet come up with an idea they like enough. They might not have some up with something that doesn't seem TOO silly or would be the most fitting idea. And I can get behind that. They want to really do Ike justice with his first seasonal? Totally go for it! I can wait for that, it'd be worth it.