Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

Might as well just call her a lord, she’s royalty and is important enough to get dialogue outside of her stage appearance.

Do you mean Camilla? Under that definition, Fates has 10 lords, which seems silly to me.

5 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Okay, but you ignored my point about Priam. How do you explain him if a Groom Ike never existed.

Do you think Ike had him with a random prostitute in Valm and then abandoned the continent?

But Priam has Ragnell with him, so that means Ike recognized him as an heir. Which means he recognized that he impregnated the woman, which means they absolutely had a shotgun wedding, because Ike wouldn't be a coward that escapes from his responabilities.

Unless the woman died of childbirth...

IS can you put Priam in the game already, so we can have some actual answers?

There's also a possibility that Priam could just be lying about being Ike's descendant.

Do you reckon that if Marth gets a Brave version, he could use Starlight? Mind you, it would make more sense for Linde to use it, idk. Or he could be a staff user like Elice.

I'd love to see a Marth corrupted by the Darksphere, though.

1 minute ago, GrandeRampel said:

I refuse. IS made this mess and they will have to properly explain it one day. I won't allow them to simply retcon him out of existing.

Bowser has 7 kids who will attest that Nintendo will retcon as they see fit

48 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Why do you hate Cipher so much, Heroes devs? Is it because they are the better crossover game?

That sounds likely. Despite being a cash cow, the developers might be overworked and underappreciated, writing tons of code, meeting sales targets, responding to customer complaints, dealing with shit management, etc.

On the other hand, I can imagine the developers for Cipher having fun and play testing new cards.

10 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

Bowser has 7 kids who will attest that Nintendo will retcon as they see fit

In it’s defense though, this whole Koopalings being Bowser’s kids was made in America and it stuck for an eternity in popular culture. Nintendo Japan never claimed they were his kids

15 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I refuse. IS made this mess and they will have to properly explain it one day. I won't allow them to simply retcon him out of existing.

come on, we all know they won't

i mean, tellius isn't even on the same planet jugdral, akaneia and valentia are

why would they even bother

22 minutes ago, Midnox said:

In it’s defense though, this whole Koopalings being Bowser’s kids was made in America and it stuck for an eternity in popular culture. Nintendo Japan never claimed they were his kids

They're stated to be his children in the Japanese manuals as well, the whole 'it was only in English' thing was misinformation crafted to defend the unpopular retcon.

Edited by Medeus

27 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I think you're overthinking it. Ashnard's special blessed armor and Ragnell were both gifts to Daein from Begnion. Greil did not receive Ragnell as a family heirloom. In Ragnell's long history, I am not aware of it transferring through a family. Ike received the sword from the Black Knight rather than his father (who had long given up the sword and refused to take it back).

10 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Welcome to Internet forums ;):

Heh, yeah, I know. It's just so off-topic is all.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I can accept Roy and Hector having been on the LA banner for that reason. But Chrom's gotten two seasonals now, and I think that Christmas Ephraim and Eirika could've been Ike and Mist/Titania/Elincia. I actually designed a Christmas Ike sometime ago myself where he's in a holiday themed outfit and wielding a giant chicken leg for his weapon. He didn't willingly take the chicken leg axe, but the mercenaries kinda got it for him. lol He feels weird, but knows it's a time to have fun and celebrate instead of worry about war. I'm sure Ike sometimes would like to take a breather from fighting and do something fun. It doesn't have to be all about fighting for him, even if he's a mercenary. Mia's a mercenary and loves to fight, but she put on a witch costume and stuff.

Ever thought off the reason Ike only has CYL and Legendary alts and no "silly" alts is because they actually want to keep the integrity of the popular character intact? He is seen as a buff, strong guy from most people, even the ones that dont play fire emblem but know him from smash. Not sure how well a summer/spring/bride whatever Ike goes with those people. Where there is great popularity comes great responsibility.
Groom Marth was fitting.
LA Roy was fitting.
Because people see them like that and it goes with their story.

Fates and Awakening can go that route because they had those beach things in the game per say. And even then the more popular lords dont get put into those "silly" seasonal banners. And dont tell me Ephraim is as popular as Hector, Ike Marth etc.

And then there is the fact that Fanservice is usually made more towards the male audience. Which means: sultry female alts or buff/strong/badass male alts (usually, thats not allways the case because they cant cater to only one audience constantly).

As much i would like to see Ike in underwear, i dont think we will see that from a realistic point of view.

8 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Ever thought off the reason Ike only has CYL and Legendary alts and no "silly" alts is because they actually want to keep the integrity of the popular character intact? He is seen as a buff, strong guy from most people, even the ones that dont play fire emblem but know him from smash. Not sure how well a summer/spring/bride whatever Ike goes with those people. Where there is great popularity comes great responsibility.
Groom Marth was fitting.
LA Roy was fitting.
Because people see them like that and it goes with their story.

Fates and Awakening can go that route because they had those beach things in the game per say. And even then the more popular lords dont get put into those "silly" seasonal banners. And dont tell me Ephraim is as popular as Hector, Ike Marth etc.

And then there is the fact that Fanservice is usually made more towards the male audience. Which means: sultry female alts or buff/strong/badass male alts (usually, thats not allways the case because they cant cater to only one audience constantly).

As much i would like to see Ike in underwear, i dont think we will see that from a realistic point of view.

Who said anything about Ike being in underwear? That's ridiculous. I know he wouldn't fit in Valentine's, groom, and maybe spring and Halloween outfits, but I think he could work for summer or Christmas. Like I said, even Ike has to go for a swim sometimes and wouldn't mind doing so. And as for Christmas, the chicken leg axe idea is perfect since Japan has a weird tradition of eating KFC for Christmas and Ike loves meat. It's also a meme that Ike eats chicken. Fanart often depicts him eating it.

47 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I'm still salty about that decision.

I just pretend that mother Miyamoto is a total wicked stepmother that forced Bowser to disown the children from his previous marriage. That or I just pretend they never said that.

So I see no problem with the guys top 2. Alm is long overdue for a alt and Marth can get back his rightful second place. I'm still missing the reason why Lif is anywhere near the top 200 characters.

The females top 2 is....uh I like Micaiah. I am sick of Camilla alts, but if she wins CYL then thats fine. My problem with Camilla alts is that not only that there where a lot of them, but also that IS was never forced to put Camilla in. She was on all 6 of her banners because IS wanted her to be on them. Thats the problem and I will blame IS for that, but her winning a popularity context is fair enough.

2 minutes ago, Sasori said:

I just pretend that mother Miyamoto is a total wicked stepmother that forced Bowser to disown the children from his previous marriage. That or I just pretend they never said that.

So I see no problem with the guys top 2. Alm is long overdue for a alt and Marth can get back his rightful second place. I'm still missing the reason why Lif is anywhere near the top 200 characters.

The females top 2 is....uh I like Micaiah. I am sick of Camilla alts, but if she wins CYL then thats fine. My problem with Camilla alts is that not only that there where a lot of them, but also that IS was never forced to put Camilla in. She was on all 6 of her banners because IS wanted her to be on them. Thats the problem and I will blame IS for that, but her winning a popularity context is fair enough.

But Bruno ._. i want Bruno in the top 2 ._.. As for females: i really dont care which female wins with the amounts of female alts and chars we have been getting. My votes went all to Bruno.

1 minute ago, Sasori said:

I guess these people who just want to stop Camilla want to make a statement so that IS stops. Problem is, this is always going to happen as long as Camilla is on the list of votable characters. And as long as this remains, these toxic fans will unjustifiably bring their anger at IntSys onto fans that either don’t know what they hate about Camilla and fans that know better than these toxic people.

This way of thinking in these toxic fans is why IntSys changed Voting Gauntlets to the way they are now.

Well, to the surprise of no one, I voted for Elena again. As a reminder, if you have spare votes you don't know who to give to, consider sending them her way. ^_^ Even if she doesn't win, it could go a long ways to making her playable for the first time in FE history!

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

I'm still salty about that decision.

My own headcanon about it is that Bowser got so grumpy about all their failures in the SNES era that he disowned them in a temper tantrum and the whole family feels too awkward about it to bring it up. Bowser feels guilty, the Koopalings don't want to rock the boat and Jr is completely fine with it. 

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Do you mean Camilla? Under that definition, Fates has 10 lords, which seems silly to me.

And only two of them are actually relevant enough that you get a game over if I'm correct about Azura. Royals are as much as fodder as their retainers in the grand scheme of things though they are good units.

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

please, let's forget about priam

just, please

I think IS is trying to. All he has received so far since Awakening is a Cipher card or two. 

The problem, as I've heard it once argued, is that Awakening was intended to be the swan song of FE- which IS true- and that therefore, they didn't need to logically explain Priam. Now that the franchise has lived on, they can't just swat him with "why does it matter? FE is dead". Ike continues to get attention and love, and yet they Priam at 2.4 billion arms' length from him.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what the best term for her would be. Secondary character? Supporting character? Not a lord, but one of the lord's most prominent allies. She's scored better than any of the others, and everyone knows why.

With the Hollywood awards season on, "Supporting Actress/Actor" sounds appropriate, since it has that title has grandeur indicative that isn't applying to a walk-on role, like Aran. But the problem is we can tell the title is imported. Deuteragonist might be another possibility, but is too literary for some to understand right away.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

So, I pop in here and see that the topic has shifted to Priam and Koopalings. ...Okay...?

It's better this way. Would you like how it was 12 hours ago?

Also, these two topics are related. In the world where Grima emerged supreme, Priam was cursed and became Ludwig von Koopa, before escaping through a dimensional rift opened by Grima's wanton destruction.

And PSA- Larry is the best Koopaling. That is all.

1 hour ago, Lau said:

I'd love to see a Marth corrupted by the Darksphere, though.

That was what I was hoping for in my little FEW fantasy before FEW was actually announced. Archanea is dragged into a new merged world, Marth goes out to investigate, Gharnef captures him and makes him evil. Hardin breaks free of the Darksphere and tries to fight back, but Hardin fails. Caeda and Minerva try to hold the heroic resistance together, but fail. Then, noticing Archanea is on the verge of annihilation and no hero is in sight, Sirius drops the traveler's mask and emerges again as Camus to save the day and everyone else!

55 minutes ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

I guess these people who just want to stop Camilla want to make a statement so that IS stops. Problem is, this is always going to happen as long as Camilla is on the list of votable characters. And as long as this remains, these toxic fans will unjustifiably bring their anger at IntSys onto fans that either don’t know what they hate about Camilla and fans that know better than these toxic people.

This way of thinking in these toxic fans is why IntSys changed Voting Gauntlets to the way they are now.

i think you guys here on serenes forest use the "toxic" word way too easily

if this is the kind of people you'd label as toxic, well, i envy you, a lot

a person who's acting differently than you would doesn't deserve to be called "toxic"

it's not that people who don't want camilla to win have no reason to think that way and are just acting like whiny babies for the sake of complaining

i don't personally hate camilla, she's just a bunch of pixels put together to portray an actractive woman after all, yet i can't but think that camilla fans should feel more than satisfied, with all the camillas they got

i mean, we're gonna have as many camillas as all of the thracia characters, alt excluded: how should thracia fans feel then?

you want to tell me they have to accept it because thracia sold trash? i can partially agree with that, but this doesn't change the fact that this situation is ridiculous to say the least

of course, that's all intsys' fault, but i can't believe that out of all of these camillas we already have, not even one is able to satisfy camilla fans

plus, i don't care about camilla winning anymore, but saying that "this is gonna be for the best" and that "at least she's gonna be out of the next cyl" doesn't mean anything

first of all, we don't even know whether the game's gonna live enough to see a cyl4

secondly, intsys will see this as feh fandom wanting more camilla than we already have, because that's how their brains work

if 4 days ago we just had some chances of getting a hypothetical 10th camilla, this is going to be a reality after her victory in this cyl event

and honestly, if you take characters' variety away, then what's left to the game?

i'm not saying people must stop voting for camilla nor that the world will implode if camilla wins (because she will)

just, stop saying these things, because they don't mean anything

Edited by Yexin

So the top 40 of CYL2 was Hector, Celica, Ephraim, Veronica, Marth, Camilla, Eirika, Azura, Alm, Loki, Reinhardt, Nino, Micaiah, Female Corrin, Chrom, Tharja, Male Robin, Takumi, Cordelia, Leif, Selkie, Female Morgan, Ryoma, Marth (again), Lilina, Owain, Nowi, Eliwood, Laevatein, Leo, Mia, Ninian, Kliff, Keaton, Xander, Delthea, Alfonse, Female Robin, Fjorm, and Sharena.

34 of those 40 got at least one new version of some sort over the course of the past year: all except Alm, Selkie, Nowi, Leo, Keaton, and Delthea. (Selkie and Keaton were because of beasts not being added yet, and I'm sure there's already plans for them. Nowi and Leo each already had two versions, although several characters got more alts despite that. Alm and Delthea's only clear distinction is being from FE2, which hasn't gotten any seasonals yet.) In addition, of the 8 CYL winners (the CYL1 and CYL2 ones), all 7 non-Veronica ones got a non-CYL alt over the course of the past year.

This does mean that by now, most of the characters on the CYL3 midway tally already have multiple versions. (22/40, counting BK and Zelgius separately, compared to 12/40 of the CYL2 high scores.) Who knows how many of them will get even more alts. But it does suggest some things about what to expect over the course of the next year or so, barring big shakeups:

• Bruno, Lif, Ranulf, Haar, Awakening Anna, Louise, Selkie, and Thrasir should all become playable for the first time. (We could already assume Lif, Thrasir, and Selkie, of course.)
  • We'll probably get our first alts for most or all of Alm, Sigurd, Seliph, Soren, Loki, Heroes Anna, Nephenee, BK/Zelgius (Zelgius, probably), and... Surtr. Even if Alm gets a CYL alt (very likely), he'll probably get a non-CYL alt as well.
  • Ike, Celica, Reinhardt, and Nino each have one or more alts by now, but no seasonal alts yet, so they might be likely to show up on seasonal banners. (I'm still betting on Alm and Celica being on the Valentine's Day banner, personally.)
  • Leo is the only Fates royal with just one alt rather than multiple. He'll probably change that soon, I guess.
Edited by Othin