Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

13 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

At those wondering where the Eliwood votes came from: there was a small-but-actually-a-thing rally around him on GameFAQs. I'm guessing that sort of thinking popped up on several sights at that level + lowest voting turnout yet. 

Also the GameFAQs SSBU board is pushing for Camilla votes out of spite for the number of FE characters in Smash, and supposedly /v/ is pushing Camilla as well? What I'm seeing is that Camilla is getting a lot of push from people who don't play the game. 

Yeah...that's really not helping smash bros's reputation as a community.

Seems really pathetic if you ask me.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Yeah...that's really not helping smash bros's reputation as a community.

Seems really pathetic if you ask me.

Eh, the reputation of the Smash community is already in the gutter. This just seems par for the course.

6 minutes ago, redlight said:

I'm looking at the tweets (two of them) and they're one liners. One has like 130 something likes and the other is under a 100. Only if you played Heroes or are familiar with CYL would someone understand his tweets bcs they're vague and just say "I voted for Robin". No link, no "do what I tell you". I heard there was a YouTube community post, but there wasn't one when I checked just right now. It seems that someone blew the tweet way out of proportion out of spite for female Robin (I assume). Of course I could be missing something so notify me if I missed anything.

There was one. I just tried to check it again but it seems he deleted it?

The only thing I can tell you is that when I clicked on the post on this thread in FE subreddit I was linked to a community post where he encouraged people to vote for Female Robin.

I wish I had saved it now but I didn't expect that he would delete it. 

If someone could give me a screencap of his post it'd be great. I'm scouring for info and it seems he promised a FE related video if Robin won or something? This isn't really reliable info though so someone could provide with the screencap please. Even trying to say what the post had written in it is enough. By no means am I trying to start a harassment campaign. I'm just interested as to what happened that has some people's feathers ruffled

Edited by redlight

Why the hell would anyone who doesn't play Heroes vote in this at all? It literally would not affect them in any way since they're not playing the game. This also reflects badly on those who DO play the game, because it'll look like the players don't care if she already has a lot of alts when we really hate that she does.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why the hell would anyone who doesn't play Heroes vote in this at all? It literally would not affect them in any way since they're not playing the game. This also reflects badly on those who DO play the game, because it'll look like the players don't care if she already has a lot of alts when we really hate that she does.

From what I understand there's been talk for a long time of FE getting too much representation in Smash. People complain about it and I guess some are petty enough to cause discord for the FE community so that it explodes or something. I don't have a source to this so I'm unsure about numbers. @TheNiddoHit me up with the source for smash gamefaqs and /v/ trolls

Edited by redlight

3 minutes ago, redlight said:

From what I understand there's been talk for a long time of FE getting too much representation in Smash. People complain about it and I guess some are petty enough to cause discord for the FE community so that it explodes or something. I don't have a source to this so I'm unsure about numbers. @TheNiddoHit me up with the source for smash gamefaqs and /v/ trolls

Well that is really petty and lame. Camilla isn't even one of the FE Smash fighters.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why the hell would anyone who doesn't play Heroes vote in this at all? It literally would not affect them in any way since they're not playing the game.

Yeah, sometimes it's just some people who want to do that because they just want to make some other people angry.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This also reflects badly on those who DO play the game, because it'll look like the players don't care if she already has a lot of alts when we really hate that she does.

They want to make F!Robin win, not Camilla if I'm not wrong. And Camilla has more alts than her, so it's a problem, but not the same in my opinion.

Edit: My fault, there are some people that want to make her win, and some others who don't play th games and who want to make her loose by voting F!Robin.

Two problems.

Edited by Drakhis

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Well that is really petty and lame. Camilla isn't even one of the FE Smash fighters.

If people are really doing it then it's most likely bcs she's the Donald Trump of FE for a lack of better words. You've seen the reactions of midterm results

The original CYL had lots of people voting who don't play Heroes. It was the biggest fan poll of favourite FE character ever, lots of people who like FE are going to want to weigh in. I suspect relatively fewer non-Heroes players voted in 2 and 3, but I don't think it's in any way unfair that they do. People like voting in popularity contests! I well remember how big the GameFAQs contests were when that site was more relevant.

I think there's a bit of a disconnect between people who treat this as a popularity contest and people who treat this as "who deserves an alt / to be in FEH". Both are perfectly valid reasons for voting, and it shouldn't be hard to understand those who vote each way IMO.

I don't know if I should be happy that FEH is big enough that other communities know about CYL and try to get in on it, or mad that people who don't even play try to skew the results for petty reasons.

A reminder of why popularity contests are horrible.

Anyway, even if I want Camilla to win, I think that voting for her, just to annoy people, is just childish, and really not nice at all.

The opposite is childish too. Voting to make Camilla out of the top is a bad thing.

If next year there is a Cyl 4, I'm voting Lyon first, then one vote to Limstella, and maybe another for Rinkah.

Edited by Drakhis
I was saying the opposite of what I wanted

13 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Selfish sounds like a bad word, but it just means caring for oneself without consideration of others.  I wanted to put it forth why there is so much animosity not just towards just Camilla winning but towards her fans for pushing for a 7th version when so many characters are still missing.  My example of not even voting for Lewyn who has no alts, is that if being considerate of others then with hundreds of characters not in the game yet and the glacial release rate one would not put votes towards characters that are in already.  Camilla fans are the extreme example.

I know what Selfish means. but calling people selfish - because they aren't voting the way you want them to is mean, I think.

this thing is called  Choose YOUR Legends, it isn't this altruistic contest to have people who aren't in. (or consider who has x amount of alts before you vote). People should be voting for whom they want - and if this means voting for someone in the game or has 6 alts or no alts, then that's them. Also I seriously need to point out again that for a lot of people, maybe their world is only what's available on Virtual Console, and what was published. (so basically IntSys pls bring older FEs to North America, okay, thanks). so they vote whom they know or whom they have attachments too.

I will also point out. If camilla doesn't win - it means someone else in the game is going to win, it doesn't mean Jill, Louise, Astrid, Charlotte whomever gets into the game. 
vote for whomever you want to - but i think it's wrong make people feel bad, or ashamed, or wrong in whom they wanted to vote for and that might not have been your intention but something accomplished none the less.

20 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

The original CYL had lots of people voting who don't play Heroes.

Of the FE community or those who knew of FEH voted. There also could've been ads to promote the game, but I doubt it was on the level of Langrisser M. IF, big if since I don't have the source bcs deleted so I apologize if I'm wrong, Alpharad really did tell his Smash audience who knew nothing of FE (some people don't care who is from which game) or FEH to go vote for a character with a link or something provided so that he could make a supposed FE video (I'm assuming it's related to Smash) then that doesn't paint the action in a good light. Now it could be that he just presented his words poorly and/or some are blowing his words way out of proportions. But if there was really instructions to sway his audience to vote in something they would have no interest in or contact at all just for a "carrot" then it's another story

22 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

They want to make F!Robin win, not Camilla if I'm not wrong. And Camilla has more alts than her, so it's a problem, but not the same in my opinion.

Alpharad is supporting Robin and allegedly (no proof for me to give, just accusations I've seen mentioned) swaying his Smash audience (there's a YouTube community post that got deleted which is highly likely where the source of controversy came from). Camilla is the one allegedly being supported by trolls who are bitter bcs of FE overrepresentation is Smash

Edited by redlight

10 minutes ago, redlight said:

Alpharad is supporting Robin and allegedly (no proof for me to give, just accusations I've seen mentioned) swaying his Smash audience (there's a YouTube community post that got deleted which is highly likely where the source of controversy came from). Camilla is the one allegedly being supported by trolls who are bitter bcs of FE overrepresentation is Smash

Thanks, yeah it's another "community". Being THAT salty because of FE representation is really sad. I really like Smash, but I know that some people harrassed Sakurai for that and for Waluigi.

The good thing is that if Camilla wins, next year we will not see that again (Or I'm hoping because if Anna don't win and we end up with 6 versions of her, we're going to see this again.)

Edited by Drakhis

Considering the poll is basically "Choose your favorite FE character", I see no problem with people who haven't played FEH voting. Some of them have played other FE games, and I say even just played Smash is fine.

13 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Selfish sounds like a bad word, but it just means caring for oneself without consideration of others.  I wanted to put it forth why there is so much animosity not just towards just Camilla winning but towards her fans for pushing for a 7th version when so many characters are still missing.  My example of not even voting for Lewyn who has no alts, is that if being considerate of others then with hundreds of characters not in the game yet and the glacial release rate one would not put votes towards characters that are in already.  Camilla fans are the extreme example.

19 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I know what Selfish means. but calling people selfish - because they aren't voting the way you want them to is mean, I think.

this thing is called  Choose YOUR Legends, it isn't this altruistic contest to have people who aren't in. (or consider who has x amount of alts before you vote). People should be voting for whom they want - and if this means voting for someone in the game or has 6 alts or no alts, then that's them. Also I seriously need to point out again that for a lot of people, maybe their world is only what's available on Virtual Console, and what was published. (so basically IntSys pls bring older FEs to North America, okay, thanks). so they vote whom they know or whom they have attachments too.

I will also point out. If camilla doesn't win - it means someone else in the game is going to win, it doesn't mean Jill, Louise, Astrid, Charlotte whomever gets into the game. 
vote for whomever you want to - but i think it's wrong make people feel bad, or ashamed, or wrong in whom they wanted to vote for and that might not have been your intention but something accomplished none the less.

I am in agreement with daisy here. The primary reason I didn't vote in the original CYL is because I felt I had no right because at that point I had only played awakening and fates. Obviously those stupid insecure feelings have passed but you should never shame people for their personal tastes. Opinions are opinions so let people vote people who they wanna vote for. I know that may sound a little hypocritical from me considering some posts I've made on this thread but after mulling it over the past couple days I do wish to retract those statements. Again personally I wouldn't mind the whole camilla thing so much if the alts were more spread out over an elongated period of time. The number of alts isn't what bothers its the timing and spacing between alts.

Well if part of the outside influence is people who know nothing about FEH voting Camilla and the other part is people who know nothing about FEH voting Robin, they even each other out.

Or they would, if Robin was already 2nd, but she is 3rd. As I see it Micaiah will be the biggest victim of CYL history.

Edited by GrandeRampel

4 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Well if part of the outside influence is people who know nothing about FEH voting Camilla and the other part is people who know nothing about FEH voting Robin, they even each other out.

Or they would, if Robin was already 2nd, but she is 3rd. As I see it Micaiah will be the biggest victim of CYL history.

yeah honestly this kind of the reason I want Camilla to win so that hopefully this sort of sh*t will be far less prominent in the next CYL. Honestly if Camilla had won CYL 2. This whole debacle would be far less prevelent.

Edited by Ottservia

39 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

Someone said that Smash players are voting Camilla just because they're mad about the FE Smash roster.

I would love for female Robin to win though, so we can hopefully finally get Levin Sword Robin in.

8 minutes ago, Jave said:

Considering the poll is basically "Choose your favorite FE character", I see no problem with people who haven't played FEH voting. Some of them have played other FE games, and I say even just played Smash is fine.

Sooo, what if most of those Camilla and Female Robin voters didn't play the game and they ended up winning and booting MIcaiah out of the top 2? You'd probably be upset. I would be if my favorite character ended up being snubbed that way. And what if most players didn't actually want Camilla and Robin? It wouldn't really show IS what the players actually want.

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

I think the issue lies in people not being aware of it and the existence of the game so if someone allegedly instructs them to vote for a character they want it kinda looks sketchy

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Sooo, what if most of those Camilla and Female Robin voters didn't play the game and they ended up winning and booting MIcaiah out of the top 2? You'd probably be upset. I would be if my favorite character ended up being snubbed that way. And what if most players didn't actually want Camilla and Robin? It wouldn't really show IS what the players actually want.

I'm actually prepared for that possibility. I want Micaiah to win, obviously, but I'm not going to pretend people don't have their right to vote just for my own petty reasons. I'm not selfish and this is definitely not worth losing sleep for.

1 hour ago, redlight said:

If someone could give me a screencap of his post it'd be great. I'm scouring for info and it seems he promised a FE related video if Robin won or something? This isn't really reliable info though so someone could provide with the screencap please. Even trying to say what the post had written in it is enough. By no means am I trying to start a harassment campaign. I'm just interested as to what happened that has some people's feathers ruffled

This appears to be what he posted:

9LyWhJB.jpg

So he did sort of push people to vote for her and some other characters, but it doesn't seem like a big enough of a deal to get upset over.

Edit: And SF borked the spoiler. Oh well.

Edited by Robert of Normandy