Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

One other thing about Eirika vs Camilla fans that I didn't address, Adrift Camilla is just as "serious" as an alt as the wild far fetched Glepnir wielding Eirika.  That tome wielding Eirika was the only alt of her in the game during CYL2.  Legendary Eirika, since people are talking about Bolverk legendary Camilla, only came in November long after CYL2 finished.  So the serious alt argument doesn't really work here.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Voted Duma today. Only one vote left, have to choose between Jedah and Nergal. Hmm, anyone care to sway me one way or the other?

Nergal has far, far more suave facial hair. Then again, Jedah does know how to rock a cackle. Nah, gotta go Nergal. That twitchy eye was the last great reveal in FE, at least IMO.

2 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Nergal has far, far more suave facial hair. Then again, Jedah does know how to rock a cackle. Nah, gotta go Nergal. That twitchy eye was the last great reveal in FE, at least IMO.

Garon being able to turn into to a dragon was actually a pretty great reveal imho. I was pretty shocked out how much of an ass pull it wasn't. After all, Corrin can transform into a dragon, of course Garon should be able to.

You're right that Nergal has better facial hair, but Judah is over a hundred and he can still get it up which I respect (far, far more than I should).

7 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

One other thing about Eirika vs Camilla fans that I didn't address, Adrift Camilla is just as "serious" as an alt as the wild far fetched Glepnir wielding Eirika.  That tome wielding Eirika was the only alt of her in the game during CYL2.  Legendary Eirika, since people are talking about Bolverk legendary Camilla, only came in November long after CYL2 finished.  So the serious alt argument doesn't really work here.

Personally, I don't find Adrift Camilla serious. She's part of the Adrift theme, which while it's not a real seasonal certainly feels like one. What I want out of CYL is an alt that's like Hinoka's kinshi one. No seasonal or thematic thing at all, just a more serious "cool" promotion/class change kind.

Either way, I think generalizations and assumptions are getting all over the place.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Garon being able to turn into to a dragon was actually a pretty great reveal imho. I was pretty shocked out how much of an ass pull it wasn't. After all, Corrin can transform into a dragon, of course Garon should be able to.

I feel like a friend spoiled Garon for me, but in hindsight that does seem like a pretty good reveal. I just remember being pretty exhausted with Fates by that point.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

You're right that Nergal has better facial hair, but Judah is over a hundred and he can still get it up which I respect (far, far more than I should).

Now that you mention that, you may have swayed me to vote for Jedah. That's quite a feat, and gotta recognize. Plus, if they bring Jedah, maybe they'll bring Marla and Hestia, and I'd love to see them get some more development.

FE9 Tormod officially voted for.

Now to choose from enough characters to fill a second ballot on their own. Faye, Tana, L'Arachel, Leanne, Micaiah, Ishtar, Mia, Lilina, Caeda... I'm more or less thinking in that order, but who knows.

11 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Personally, I don't find Adrift Camilla serious. She's part of the Adrift theme, which while it's not a real seasonal certainly feels like one. What I want out of CYL is an alt that's like Hinoka's kinshi one. No seasonal or thematic thing at all, just a more serious "cool" promotion/class change kind.

Either way, I think generalizations and assumptions are getting all over the place.

Adrift is kind of an alternate universe Camilla, I think very comparable to the tome wielding Eirika (she couldn't even use magic in her game).  She's actually more accurate cause Camilla can wield magic in Fates she even does with her base class.  Besides the dagger wielding one we just got, the rest wield tomes and fly very fitting for Camilla and very canon.

However you are right lots of generalizations and assumptions going around.  

Left Tellius (4 out of 5 so far) for my 6th vote and gave some support to Python, the best Echoes character.

I believe the chances he makes the next Valentia banner is decent. 

Edited by Vince777

18 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Adrift is kind of an alternate universe Camilla, I think very comparable to the tome wielding Eirika (she couldn't even use magic in her game).  She's actually more accurate cause Camilla can wield magic in Fates she even does with her base class.  Besides the dagger wielding one we just got, the rest wield tomes and fly very fitting for Camilla and very canon.

However you are right lots of generalizations and assumptions going around. 

Still just seems like another seasonal-like one to me. It's more about being a part of special theme or not than anything else to me. And the others are mostly fitting for her, but they're still just themed stuff. Swimsuits, bunny outfits, kimonos, bath towels. I certainly like that fun stuff, but I'd like a more grounded kick-ass kind alt of her too. A legendary could do the same thing(Like personally I think Marth's legendary alt is about what I would have wanted from a CYL for him, already), though I think Xander's more likely out of Nohrian representative options.

Edited by Alkaid

49 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Adrift Camilla is the weird everyone wearing white banner, right? Regardless as to how serious and accurate she is a unit, I think it was pretty senseless to use her in that one when it was Valla themed. Should have given us Arete or Sumaragi instead (or hell just straight up give us Anankos).

47 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I feel like a friend spoiled Garon for me, but in hindsight that does seem like a pretty good reveal. I just remember being pretty exhausted with Fates by that point.

Now that you mention that, you may have swayed me to vote for Jedah. That's quite a feat, and gotta recognize. Plus, if they bring Jedah, maybe they'll bring Marla and Hestia, and I'd love to see them get some more development.

Sucks that the one witch we have gotten (Witch!Celica) didn't even come with Wings of Mercy or some equivalent. Do t even care that Chill Speed is a better skill. I want my warping Witches damnit.

Be happy, be sad, be disappointed, be hopeful, but above all, BE RESPECTFUL.  I don't care if you're saltier than Lot's wife in the Bible, either.

My sixth vote is going to break the green-haired, not-in-the-game streak, and go to Leon.  He damn well deserves it, after all the crap I put him through in the various GHBs.

48 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Adrift Camilla is the weird everyone wearing white banner, right? Regardless as to how serious and accurate she is a unit, I think it was pretty senseless to use her in that one when it was Valla themed. Should have given us Arete or Sumaragi instead (or hell just straight up give us Anankos).

Yeah, it was a pretty random banner in general. And it seemed more like it was built around little Azura's special scenario than trying to be a true Valla banner, so I guess they decided to do some other ideas instead. My bet is Arete's in the pipeline to be a GHB at some point in the future anyway, at least. Perhaps Anankos could be slated for a mythic appearance, if they actually keep to the "godlike" descriptor.

Edited by Alkaid

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

Still just seems like another seasonal-like one to me. It's more about being a part of special theme or not than anything else to me. And the others are mostly fitting for her, but they're still just themed stuff. Swimsuits, bunny outfits, kimonos, bath towels. I certainly like that fun stuff, but I'd like a more grounded kick-ass kind alt of her too. A legendary could do the same thing(Like personally I think Marth's legendary alt is about what I would have wanted from a CYL for him, already), though I think Xander's more likely out of Nohrian representative options.

I understand the want for a legendary version and very grounded alt, but the initial argument was reaction of Eirika fans CYL2 and Camilla fans CYL3.  The argument that was posed is Eirika was a 'serious' alt while none of the Camilla were.  The legendary Eirika is indeed a serious alt, it is her promoted form very fitting, well done.  However that was just a few months ago.  Tome wielding Eirika is a kind of fantasy thing comparable to Adrift Camilla, I don't think one is more serious than the other.  

If they bring back Jedah will he be invincible except for every 4th turn (if I am remembering correctly)?  

Anyways 6th vote to Altena.  I'm doing what I did last year all my votes going to one character (Lewyn that time).  

47 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I understand the want for a legendary version and very grounded alt, but the initial argument was reaction of Eirika fans CYL2 and Camilla fans CYL3.  The argument that was posed is Eirika was a 'serious' alt while none of the Camilla were.  The legendary Eirika is indeed a serious alt, it is her promoted form very fitting, well done.  However that was just a few months ago.  Tome wielding Eirika is a kind of fantasy thing comparable to Adrift Camilla, I don't think one is more serious than the other.  

However, tome Eirika was the first alt of its kind (or did horse Chrom come first?) which means people didn't know how to take it and were angry. Plus, it came in the MIDDLE of CYL2, which meant that we didn't have the time to get over it.

Meanwhile, Adrift Camilla came after a lot of non-seasonal alts like Nino, Olivia and Reinhardt, and we were used to it. Plus it came months BEFORE CYL3 which gave us time to get over the irrational hate. That time might have saved Eirika.

Day 5:

Spoiler

v2cfH96.png

@Fire Emblem Fan Took me a while but don’t worry, I got you covered ;):

Day 5 went to Brom! Best villager in the series (sorry Neph/Mozu) and, as Zihark put it, “the perfect Daddy!” A big man with an even bigger heart, Brom always sees the good in people and is always acting as a sort of father figure to others in the army. He absolutely adores his family and is always talking about how great they are every chance he gets. Despite not being immediately apparent, he is a rather sensitive man so please don’t make fun of him (Boyd)

I couldn’t really decide who I wanted to vote for today, does anyone have a strong case for Boyd, Heath, Stefan, or Basilio?

Another day another vote for Micaiah. Cyl3 is her only chance of getting a brave alt, cyl4 (if it ever happens) will be dominated by 3Houses so the chances of her winning become quite low. So if any of you have a vote to spare consider giving it to her.

Now thought of something else and it's about Loki's popularity. It was understandable in Cyl2, she was an OC and at the time many people wanted her playable, also she had an important role in the story (her role was defined from the beginning, unlike now that we don't know what she is doing) and the "two big reasons" can be mentioned I guess since it must have been a pretty influential factor. So why she is in such a good place this year (and watch her elevate in the rankings by the end)?

I did some time on the SSBU gamefaqs forum. Allegations of people angry about FE's overepresentation in Smash voting Camilla to spite the FE fandom seem to be unfounded. However, there were indeed some (very few) who said they voted for Camilla to cause salt and piss off the subreddit. I highly doubt that they are the reason for Camilla being number one. She's ranked highly in CYL every time and it was a matter of when not if that she'd win. But still, I do find it nasty that some people would support a character purely for the reason of causing salt.

I managed to find the 4chan board. Some naughty images might be in it so a word of caution to the younglings. Posts in it are in line with what is said. But then again, actions speak louder than words. They could just be saying and not voting at all

Make of it what you will

Edited by redlight

Another vote for Micaiah today.

I'll probably end up giving Julia my last vote because Selpih has gone from rank 120 to 15 on the male side so a part of me is hoping that Julia has gotten a similar boost (obviously not as big since she's not as popular).

Edited by Hekselka