Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

Blue or green is possible but that's where Alm and Camilla want to be.

While Bolvilla sounds most reasonable, the Shadow Yato hasn't been included yet, right? If so, use her obsession with Corrin to give her the most powerful CQ incarnation of their sword.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

And Lyn never had access to Mulagir during her game, it was sealed away until 20 years later.

Technically speaking, the seal is broken after Cog of Destiny, which is in Blazing Blade, but Athos doesn't bother getting it due to time constraints against Nergal. (Although he did go and get Sol Katti, so the real reason is if you don't promote Lyn she could never use Mulagir; although you'd have to be stupid to have an unpromoted Lyn swing the SK.)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

Those are possible, but I think they'd be a bit of a letdown.

So were sword infantry Celica and what feels like them not even trying to make her better than Veronica, but it sure as shit didn't stop them.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Technically speaking, the seal is broken after Cog of Destiny, which is in Blazing Blade, but Athos doesn't bother getting it due to time constraints against Nergal. (Although he did go and get Sol Katti, so the real reason is if you don't promote Lyn she could never use Mulagir; although you'd have to be stupid to have an unpromoted Lyn swing the SK.)

Shh. It makes Lyn feel important.

I'd like to see Seraphim Alm or something. Just ... something that's not red. Why are all the Celicas red. Alm, don't take after Celica in this regard if you win.

EDIT: Camilla with Garon's axe seems a bit weird, if only because Camilla doesn't really seem very close with him. If we were talking Xander, definitely give him Bolverk but Camilla probably doesn't give that much of a shit about Garon to use his axe unless she stole it off him because she needed a new one?

Edited by Sunwoo

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It doesn’t help that Lyn was primarily a sword user. Sol Katti was basically something Athos found in the bargain bin just so Lyn could have an endgame weapon. 

As for Camilla, how about her wielding a powercrept Brynhildr?

I'm expecting Marth to end up as a Flying Lance unit with Wing Spear if he wins.

Also for Camilla to be Flying again and use either Bolverk or Ganglari (leaning on @Interdimensional Observer's idea of Shadow Yato, I could see Camilla getting Corrin's first personal sword if they want to keep the Yato as a Corrin-only thing), Alm to be Infantry and use a Red/Green Bow (whichever color Camilla isn't taking), and Micaiah to be an Infantry Staff unit using either the Matrona or Ashera staff.

I want Camilla to get a lance or a bow.

Not because of actual legitimate reasons, but because she already has an alt of every other weapon type, and it would be hilarious if she got a CYL alt and a Legendary alt with a lance and a bow, and then ended up being the first character to wield every single weapon type/tome color in the game.

2 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I'm expecting Marth to end up as a Flying Lance unit with Wing Spear if he wins.

Also for Camilla to be Flying again and use either Bolverk or Ganglari (leaning on @Interdimensional Observer's idea of Shadow Yato, I could see Camilla getting Corrin's first personal sword if they want to keep the Yato as a Corrin-only thing), Alm to be Infantry and use a Red/Green Bow (whichever color Camilla isn't taking), and Micaiah to be an Infantry Staff unit using either the Matrona or Ashera staff.

Ganglari is possible. Seems more interesting than Yato or Siegfried, at least.

1 minute ago, LdotRage said:

I want Camilla to get a lance or a bow.

Not because of actual legitimate reasons, but because she already has an alt of every other weapon type, and it would be hilarious if she got a CYL alt and a Legendary alt with a lance and a bow, and then ended up being the first character to wield every single weapon type/tome color in the game.

Don't forget staff!

I’d like Eliwood to use Apocalypse to continue the trend of FE7 Brave alts taking FE6-exclusive Divine weapons and wearing Elbert’s clothes just like Brave Hector has Uther’s armor. 

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

I’d like Eliwood to use Apocalypse to continue the trend of FE7 Brave alts taking FE6-exclusive Divine weapons and wearing Elbert’s clothes just like Brave Hector has Uther’s armor. 

Hector had good reason to be using a lance and Lyn had good reason to be using a bow, but Eliwood with dark magic just sounds strange, and an Elbert association doesn't help.

I'd give him Rex Hasta, personally. (Which I also pitched for Hector.)

I know it's very unlikely to happen, but I'm actually hoping for Eliwood (if he wins, please god let him win) to be a staff unit, since his mother is a bishop in-game. I just think it'd be cute... Honestly, though, if Eliwood wins, I will be happy no matter what. They could make his CYL alt just another sword cavalry with worse skills/stats than his normal self, and I would still be over the god damn moon.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

Don't forget staff!

I did legitimately forget about staff, but, now that I think about it, how funny would it be if you could make Camilla do literally ANYTHING in the game... EXCEPT heal. Camilla can deal damage in literally Whatever Way You See Fit, but healing??? Not in her repertoire, sorry sweetie. That'd just be so funny to me. And, given the fact that Camilla already has an ungodly amount of alts, really all I look for in a new Camilla is something meme-worthy.

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hector had good reason to be using a lance and Lyn had good reason to be using a bow, but Eliwood with dark magic just sounds strange, and an Elbert association doesn't help.

I'd give him Rex Hasta, personally. (Which I also pitched for Hector.)

That’s just your opinion. It’s FEH: They can do whatever they want. If you still think some things are strange, please take a look at the wide variety of Camillas, Lyns, Lucinas and Xanders we have now. Brave Hector and Brave Lyn basically “took” those weapons from FE6. Elbert’s clothes with that magic tome is also a reference to one of his possibilities father-in-laws, Nergal. 

Another scenario would be ceremonial garb with Aureola but I’d like to see that in a Legendary/Mythic variant. Brave Hector and Brave Lyn get to use other Divine Weapons and you’d just settle with the Rex Hasta? Boring. I’d save that for Oswin, Marcus or Sain. Out of the remaining Divine Weapons not present in FEH, we’re still missing Apocalypse, Aureola and...the Saint’s Staff. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

4 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

That’s just your opinion. It’s FEH: They can do whatever they want. If you still think some things are strange, please take a look at the wide variety of Camillas, Lyns, Lucinas and Xanders we have now. Brave Hector and Brave Lyn basically “took” those weapons from FE6. Elbert’s clothes with that magic tome is also a reference to one of his possibilities father-in-laws, Nergal. 

Another scenario would be ceremonial garb with Aureola but I’d like to see that in a Legendary/Mythic variant. Brave Hector and Brave Lyn get to use other Divine Weapons and you’d just settle with the Rex Hasta? Boring. I’d save that for Oswin, Marcus or Sain. Out of the remaining Divine Weapons not present in FEH, we’re still missing Apocalypse, Aureola and...the Saint’s Staff. 

Seasonals are a different story from "serious" variants. We did get a "serious" lord alt using dark magic (Eirika), but it was themed around a character close to her who used it, not around her father who was killed by it.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Seasonals are a different story from "serious" variants. We did get a "serious" lord alt using dark magic (Eirika), but it was themed around a character close to her who used it, not around her father who was killed by it.

Actually it wasn’t Nergal’s dark magic (as in Nergal fighting him directly with Ereshkigal) that killed Elbert; it was Ninian taking his quintessence to try to open the Dragon’s Gate. All Nergal really did was to brainwash Ninian into doing it and Jaffar wounded him earlier. Apocalypse has no relationship with Ereshkigal outside both being categorized as elder (dark) magic. We’ll see what happens. 

“serious” variants? These are just variants. Nothing “serious” about them. Most of them are just “what if”s and product of the re-class feature some FE have. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

I'm personally going with:

Alm Lance cavalry Rudolf armor 

Marth pantsless classic outfit Staff or Tome Elice inspired 

Camilla Axe Armor, cavalry or infantry if Roy can keep his base weapon type for his brave version so can her(she already has 3 tome variants she doesn't need another) or Lance variant if Alm doesn't(RIP Bolverks chances if so)

Micaiah can't figure out what weapon if not a tome or staff she has plenty of inspiration outfit to go with(Yune, Sephiran, Sanaki etc)

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd be interested in the full results as well, since they could determine who they would be adding in say November and this time next year.

It also helps determine which lesser known characters will get in.

Obviously the people on the top will be both lords and characters from the latest entries, but characters like Wolf and Gonzales rating fairly high could result in them being added to the game.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

I'd originally thought of CYL Camilla as an axe armor, but she could be an axe cavalry instead, if they don't want to repeat Ephraim's unit type. And we actually have way more axe armors than axe cavalry at this point: 10 vs 6. Garon's never been seen on a horse, but the other three Nohr siblings all have, so they could work with that.

Actually, young Garon is shown riding a horse in one of his cipher arts so if they decide to have her reference Garon and use Bolverk, a horse would still be within the realm of possibilities.

Spoiler

suZKm6k.jpg

—————————————

I hope Eliwood managed to get into the top 2. Preferably 1st just so that the trio can all be first place winners but seeing as Eliwood is almost undoubtedly the least of popular of the three just getting 2nd would be great.

Not really sure who Eliwood would reference. Maybe Elbert? He’s a Paladin at first but when seen later he is in a unique class “Peer” which use Swords and Lances. If Elbert is done I hope they go for the Peer class and have him use a lance since Cavalry Eliwood is already in the game and this is one of the few instances of an Infantry lance units. Rex Hasta would probably be the most suitable weapon in this case (although I would rather have Heath be the one introduced with it)

32 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Not really sure who Eliwood would reference. Maybe Elbert? He’s a Paladin at first but when seen later he is in a unique class “Peer” which use Swords and Lances. If Elbert is done I hope they go for the Peer class and have him use a lance since Cavalry Eliwood is already in the game and this is one of the few instances of an Infantry lance units. Rex Hasta would probably be the most suitable weapon in this case (although I would rather have Heath be the one introduced with it)

If Brave Lyn and Brave Hector are anything to go by, it’d be Elbert. I’d prefer it if he came with the Apocalypse tome to continue the trend Brave Lyn started. Not only that, the darker outfit is a better match for the tome and...Eleanora’s affinity is actually Dark. Ceremonial garb’s lighter colors are a good match for Aureola. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

8 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Actually, young Garon is shown riding a horse in one of his cipher arts so if they decide to have her reference Garon and use Bolverk, a horse would still be within the realm of possibilities.

Reveal hidden contents

suZKm6k.jpg

Even better!

assuming midterm results end up being the final ones, my bets are:

> Lance Cavalier Alm (resembling Rudolf)

> Sword infantry Marth (Pantless version)/Sword Armor (resembling his father Cornelius)/Infantry Staff (resembling Elice lmao)

> Axe Armor Camilla (resembling Garon)

> Staff Infantry Micaiah (resembling Sephiran)/Sword Infantry

Spoiler

(resembling Altina)

With the previous CYL winners, they were placed in one of the three categories: 1) taking inspiration from a family member (Roy, Ike, Ephraim, Hector, Veronica) 2) going with their promoted look (Lucina, Lyn... sort of) 3)

Alm - Might pull a Celica and have the retro look, though I think it’ll be more likely that he’ll pull inspiration from Rudolf. Probably armored sword.

Marth - Pretty sure if we're to get a retro costume, it’d be for Marth. I think he’s best suited for flying lance with the wing spear infused with the Falcion (I mean, Caeda is his canon wife and his pantless look makes look like a male peg rider kinda?)

Camilla - I actually don’t think she’ll get Bolverk or take any inspiration from Garon for that matter. I think she’ll be a mage of some sort, maybe she’ll snag the Nohr Noble outfit from Corrin. 

Micaiah - I’m weak on Tellius lore so I got next to nothing. Light Sage/Priestess exist but I dunno, I think they’ll save those for a legendary banner or even a mythic banner for the latter. Plus it’d be kinda boring to have her wield nothing but tomes, perhaps she’ll use a staff instead. 

Spoiler

Apparently Micaiah is branded so if they wanted to go full asspull they could even make her a full Laguz or something.

7 minutes ago, Silverly said:

With the previous CYL winners, they were placed in one of the three categories: 1) taking inspiration from a family member (Roy, Ike, Ephraim, Hector, Veronica) 2) going with their promoted look (Lucina, Lyn... sort of) 3)

Alm - Might pull a Celica and have the retro look, though I think it’ll be more likely that he’ll pull inspiration from Rudolf. Probably armored sword.

Marth - Pretty sure if we're to get a retro costume, it’d be for Marth. I think he’s best suited for flying lance with the wing spear infused with the Falcion (I mean, Caeda is his canon wife and his pantless look makes look like a male peg rider kinda?)

Camilla - I actually don’t think she’ll get Bolverk or take any inspiration from Garon for that matter. I think she’ll be a mage of some sort, maybe she’ll snag the Nohr Noble outfit from Corrin. 

Micaiah - I’m weak on Tellius lore so I got next to nothing. Light Sage/Priestess exist but I dunno, I think they’ll save those for a legendary banner or even a mythic banner for the latter. Plus it’d be kinda boring to have her wield nothing but tomes, perhaps she’ll use a staff instead. 

Reveal hidden contents

Apparently Micaiah is branded so if they wanted to go full asspull they could even make her a full Laguz or something.

You never said what the third category was.

Also I wouldn't discount Alm getting his Conqueror outfit. Celica didn't get her Overclass but that's not an indication Alm won't get his.

Edited by Jotari

52 minutes ago, Silverly said:

Reveal hidden contents

Lyn and Lucina were still inspired by their fathers, although more abstractly.

1 minute ago, Vince777 said:

Are they saving the reveal for the anniversary tomorrow?

It's weird that no FEH channel was announced in my opinion. Or did I miss it?

Still no word of a Feh Channel. It's quite strange.