Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Still. You can't have image swaps of minor villains from Echoes and not Radiant Dawn's main antagonist for most of the game. Lekain not being there is just a silly omission. 

I'd also include the other missing senators (Hetzel & Numida since Valtome is there, for some reason), Levail and Bryce. 

I know. I'd probably be one of those pity voters- Lekain is the final boss of my Sanaki concept and Sanaki's getting one of my legitimate votes because of that- but I wonder. I'd compare it to Garon being absent, honestly.

Hetzel is in. I went back and checked. It's just Numida missing.

7 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

I'm happy that Veronica was the winner, but not the way she won (People voting against Camilla, not for Veronica). I voted for someone else than Camilla, but I was sad because of this.

Why didn't people rally behind Eirika or Azura, who were closer to Camilla, if the aim was to deny Camilla? I believe the reason is that Veronica wasn't playable and people wanted to take advantage of that to get a new character rather than an alt. And Veronica reached fifth place without the influence of the halfway results, so it's not like she didn't have a lot of fans anyway.

6 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Why didn't people rally behind Eirika or Azura, who were closer to Camilla, if the aim was to deny Camilla? I believe the reason is that Veronica wasn't playable and people wanted to take advantage of that to get a new character rather than an alt. And Veronica reached fifth place without the influence of the halfway results, so it's not like she didn't have a lot of fans anyway.

˄ This

The excuse that Camilla lost to Veronica just sounds so petty. There were others who had a better chance

9 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

2 minutes ago, redlight said:

˄ This

The excuse that Camilla lost to Veronica just sounds so petty. There were others who had a better chance

It was in many threads, people saying they voted for Veronica even when they hated her. Same for Eirika and Azura. Veronica had and have fans, and I'm one of them ^^. I wanted her to win, but if I wasn't happy, it's because I really feel that some of her votes were from Camilla haters, so not fully a real win. Like I said, Camilla had 0 vote from me during CYL2. If you want to know, this time, if there is mid-term results I change my vote for Thrasir ^^

Edited by Drakhis

Why vote for OCs we're guaranteed to get later though?

Back when we voted Veronica, we thought this was the only way we could get them to give us those villain OCs but we know now they will be released on banners.

Edited by Vince777

3 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Back when we voted Veronica, we thought this was the only way we could get them to give us those villain OCs but we know now they will be released on banners.

I don't know. I feel like some people voted her because Heroes was literally the only game they played. They don't know characters outside of it.

Edited by GrandeRampel

12 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Back when we voted Veronica, we thought this was the only way we could get them to give us those villain OCs bcut we know now they will be released on banners.

For me, it's because I'm hoping to see human Thrasir ^^ Just like B!Veronica isn't the Veronica we know, I want a new Thrasir. Same for Lif. I'm not voting for her now because I think that she will not win.

9 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I don't know. I feel like some people voted her because Heroes was literally the only game they played. Do they don't know characters outside of it.

Yeah it's a reason for some people. I don't know if there is Limstella on this CYl, but if he/she/it is and people vote for he/she/it, maybe I will vote he/she/it too

Edit: He/she/it is

Edited by Drakhis

But after Book 1 it wasn't certain that units like Veronica or Bruno ever gets added to the summoning pool, right? We got Brave Veronica before they added Múspell generals to the summoning pool.

14 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

It was in many threads, people saying they voted for Veronica even when they hated her. Same for Eirika and Azura.

Despite those "many threads", Camilla finished ahead of Eirika and Azura. Veronica leapfrogged all three of them, so the basis of the vote movement must have been pro-Veronica.

So Day 1 vote went to Mycen. 

Day 2 vote will probably be FE7 Marcus, since I don't expect him to be in the next FE6 banner, and I would prefer him not to have the veteran BST penalty

Edit: I'm not going to vote for any character in the game yet, I don't care who wins

Edited by Javi Blizz

Oh snap, I was thinking about characters who would benefit from the combined votes. At first I thought of the pegasisters but YOUNG TIKI also gets a boost from this...

Don't do it Rampel...

You already promised to vote Tanith...

But the temptation is strong. :/

Edited by GrandeRampel

Right then! Step one: Vote for Azelle to increase his chances to get into Heroes

Step 2: Later vote for Alm to help him FINALLY get an alt. 

Ana you are sleeping on Ranulf's chances. With the combined votes and Laguz being fresh in people's mind he's guaranteed to get a ton of votes.

Plus people being angry he wasn't the very first laguz.

I'm not going to vote for him but Ranulf has an ideal Brave costume waiting for him. He could show up with Cainaighes massive blue cape and sheepishly admit he always wanted to try it on.

37 minutes ago, Thane said:

I didn't say Azura was the one to beat, but merely that I wanted Micaiah to be ranked higher than her. Honestly the female side seems a lot harder to predict, with Azura, Camilla, Eirika, and maybe Loki and Micaiah doing well. On the male side I'm pretty sure there's no one who can challenge Marth.

I wonder what'll be more reflected in the results this time around, alt fatigue or recency bias.

Judging on Reddit (LOOSELY), it seems like Alm and Micaiah are Reddit's faves they want to win. Anna also has some momentum going for her.

Nino is the wildcard for the females.

13 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Despite those "many threads", Camilla finished ahead of Eirika and Azura. Veronica leapfrogged all three of them, so the basis of the vote movement must have been pro-Veronica.

You know it's not a fact, I'm not claiming I know the truth ^^ I just know that some/many people voted against Camilla, and I don't remember any other character getting the same fate. I'm salty too because even if the character that I wanted to win (Veronica) win with 29 206 votes, and Camilla 28 166, it doesn't feel that great. I don't think that 1000 votes were against Camilla, and I think that if nobody voted against her, she would have lost anyway. I just don't like the fact that people voted against someone.

And good luck for Nino to win! Edit: I thought that you wanted Nino to win, but I can't find it, so good luck for who you want to win!

Edited by Drakhis

12 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Judging on Reddit (LOOSELY), it seems like Alm and Micaiah are Reddit's faves they want to win. Anna also has some momentum going for her.

Nino is the wildcard for the females.

Unless Smash Ultimate makes Chrom skyrocket in CYL, I can see Marth and Alm winning for the guys. For the women it's a lot more up in the air, though I think there are few that can actually challenge Camilla this time around, unless I underestimate the alt fatigue. 

I wonder what the top 20 will look like in general; there were some major changes between year one and two. I'll vote a bit for F!Morgan but I think she'll drop out of the top 20, seeing as she was released early last year and she wasn't exactly the strongest unit.

In the last CYL, one thing that helped Veronica to win was IntSys showing us the current votes in the middle of the event. I believe it was on day 5 or 6 of the event. When I saw that Veronica was in 5th place, I used all my remaining votes on her, and I am glad that she reached 2nd. The same can happen this year too.

Anyway, I don't know what character will receive my votes... I would like at least one beast unit to win.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

11 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

In the last CYL, one thing that helped Veronica to win was IntSys showing us the current votes in the middle of the event. I believe it was on day 5 or 6 of the event. When I saw that Veronica was in 5th place, I used all my remaining votes on her, and I am glad that she reached 2nd. The same can happen this year too.

Anyway, I don't know who character will receive my votes... I would like at least one beast unit to win.

In my opinion, Selkie is the beast unit who can win this Cyl. She's the most popular unit not in the game if you refer to Cyl2 (21th place with 8855 votes, 12th place on the female side).

Edited by Drakhis

2 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

In my opinion, Selkie is the beast unit who can win this Cyl. She's the unit not in the game who was the most popular in Cyl2 if I remember correctly.

That's true. She reached 12th place on the female side, with 8.855 votes.

36 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

I'm salty too because even if the character that I wanted to win (Veronica) win with 29 206 votes, and Camilla 28 166, it doesn't feel that great. I don't think that 1000 votes were against Camilla

I do think it's very possible that 1000 votes wouldn't have gone to Veronica if the halfway results hadn't been published. Azura went from leading Veronica by some amount to losing by almost 9000.

And good luck for Nino to win!

Good luck for Camilla as well.

EDIT: I might throw Selkie a vote as well. I'd honestly prefer her to win over Nino.

Edited by Baldrick

Spoiler

Today's vote

I will vote like this for the next days.

• Marth (day one)
  • Alm (day 2)
  • Eirika (day 3)
  • Mila (day 4)
  • Naga, or this year's "Veronica", or one of the first three I mentioned to help them.(day 5)
  • Same as day 5 but not Naga (day 6-7)

I really hope that they release results midway, it will be interesting to get an idea of how people voted or if there is a surprise, then it would be great people helping it go up. 

GO MARTH, ALM AND EIRIKA!!

Edited by SuperNova125

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

I really hope that they release results midway, it will be interesting to get an idea of how people voted or if there is a surprise, then it would be great people helping it go up. 

I think they should, they did it the last time and they should do it again.
It gives some users a chance to feel at least a bit more influence, because they can still switch to another unit they like which may be placed high more unexpected. 

I vote for Rinkah until that day. If I like one of the high rankers I might switch. Also most thing I want to know is which place Camilla will be. And that cannot be soon enough.

Edited by Stroud

Voting Takumi. 

Yes, yes, he has plenty of alts. But considering that high placement in CYL can get you places in other games (like Lyns unexpected popularity got her into Warriors), I will forgo voting "for the community" and just go with the character I like most.~