Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

Sealed Sword Eliwood. Only instead of Roy's crappy Binding Blade, it's the true Sealed Sword. Fortress Defense/Res, Dragon Slaying, Distant Counter, Renewal Sealed Sword. Either that or just like give him Maltet because he always should have been using Lances.

Edited by Jotari

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Lyn and Hector get to steal divine weapons they never used in their own games for CYL, then Eliwood gets to take a page out of their book and steal a divine weapon he never used in his own game for CYL. I vote for one of the tomes.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

If Lyn and Hector get to steal divine weapons they never used in their own games for CYL, then Eliwood gets to take a page out of their book and steal a divine weapon he never used in his own game for CYL. I vote for one of the tomes.

I vote for an alternate version of Apocalypse.  Because why not.

Well Marth didn't get in again. That must suck, but at least Eliwood and Alm got it and there's no way Marth won't next time right? 

Camilla also got in. I am of course disappointed, but she's out now and she didn't even get first. Also, Michiah. I guess I'll have to play RD by then.

I'll analyse the results later.

Interesting that Anna, who lost due to split votes the same way Marth did in CYL2, isn't featured on the podium like he was(not that it ultimately meant much, but Marth did get an alt and a legendary in 2018). I suppose that yes, all these Annas are different persons - most likely anyway - but when it comes to the fanbase, they all treat her as the same being, and they all share the same character. So those are some strange double standards by IS.

As for Marth fans, history does repeat itself it seems, and Three Houses, with its three male leads, sounds like a serious contender next year(assuming it's out). You guys have my sympathies.

Our winners have considerably more votes than last year's(about 50% more), and individually they each got on average about 3.5x more votes. Meanwhile, outside of the top 20 there is a consistent +10 - 20% increase in vote numbers per spot. Be it because of multi account voting or higher participation, people really wanted their CYL alts this year.

Edited by Cysx

Alm might a get a bow.

Eliwood might get an axe (LA Eliwood already got lance)

Micaiah might get a red tome or staff here.

Camila... I don't care.

Edited by Ginko

55 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I want him to steal Apocalypse. Elbert’s clothes for father reference and aesthetics and dark magic as a reference to Eleanora’s affinity. Aureola can be saved for his Legendary/Mythic variant and the ceremonial garb. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Glad Micaiah held on but a bit disappointed Marth had to give place to probably my least favourite lord in Fire Emblem. 

Congrats to those that like all 4 of these units though.

Edited by Vince777

2 hours ago, Stroud said:

The fans are crying for Ranulf and Jill, I'll be damned if they don't think of a banner here.

You missed Haar somewhere around Jill.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Sealed Sword Eliwood. Only instead of Roy's crappy Binding Blade, it's the true Sealed Sword. Fortress Defense/Res, Dragon Slaying, Distant Counter, Renewal Sealed Sword. Either that or just like give him Maltet because he always should have been using Lances.

The Binding Blade has never been "Sealed Sword", which is a mistranslation. The weapon's official Japanese translation is "Sword of Seal", or "Sword of Seals" or "Sword of Sealing" if made grammatically correct. It causes others to become sealed and isn't sealed itself.

The only "Sealed Sword" in the series is Chrom's "Sealed Falchion".

I'm really happy that Camilla is still top 2! Micaiah Love is real too!

A bit sad for Marth's fans, maybe next year?

4 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Yes!! All of the yes! Finally I can go back to sleeping peacefully. Never been so happy to see the results. Not even when I was on team Veronica.

And seeing Anna in 3rd place instead of Robin tells me that hate-voters who said they would vote her to knock Camilla out FAILED spectacularly. High five Anna fans, we showed 'em what's the difference between voting who you love and voting out of spite.

I don't want to sh*t over true Robin fans, but so many of us made peace that she would atleast knock-out Micaiah and maybe Camilla too, that it feels so good. Soooo good.

And congratulations to Micaiah fans. Good Game, you beated us fair and square. Enjoy your special CYL outfit, we will enjoy ours for sure.

Alm fans, long have yoy waited, but with such a showing IS can't ignore you guys anymore.

And Eliwood actually did it, WTF?

I may have hoped for this since I like BB way better than SD but I didn't dare to hope it would happen. So happy.

Press F to pay respect to Marth.

I said multiple times that if anyone had to drop to 3rd, he would have been the better choice, but it still sucks for his fans.

Anyway, Mila is in the top 100. Now you have no excuses IS. Make her Mythic.

And Naga too.

Thank you really much GrandeRampel for your support!

I waked up at 4 am (France) because I felt like the results had been shown xD (But I had a strange dream of a Bridal Camilla drawn by Mikuro, sorry if it's happening ^^)

I think that Mila is our next Mythic heroes (Green flying dragon)

53 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Three Houses, with its three male leads, sounds like a serious contender next year(assuming it's out)

Edgelord: IT IS MA'AM!!! MA'AM!!! Lol. Byleth. Tho they seem like a silent protag. I'll wait and see

I doubt Sphagetti Bolognese will do well since he looks pretty bad based on comments from several people, but Claude might have a chance

Edited by redlight

6 minutes ago, redlight said:

Edgelord: IT IS MA'AM!!! MA'AM!!! Lol. Byleth. Tho they seem like a silent protag. I'll wait and see

I doubt Sphagetti Bolognese will do well since he looks pretty bad based on comments from several people, but Claude might have a chance

I look forward to being proven wrong about Dimitri, because yes at the moment he doesn't look all that interesting to me either. Regardless, spotlight is pretty clearly what matters most when it comes to CYL, and the Three Houses cast is sure to receive a lot of it.

Well, Alm won so I'm happy. Couldn't care less about either Marth or Eliwood so indifferent about 2nd place. Though I kinda think Eliwood deserves a Brave alt more simply cause all his versions so far have been pretty crappy, while Marth got one hell of a Legendary version already.

Don't care much for either Micaiah or Camilla either, put most of my last votes on F!Robin hoping she'd still get in but it seems everyone shifted to Anna instead sadly. Oh well, it makes picking a free unit easier, cause now Alm is the only one I care for.

you know, in spite of my opinions of camilla, these results made me laugh, marth goes down for the second time and micaiah gets first, admittedly I thought this would have marth taking second micaiah dropping to third and robin taking second, but this is actually ideal.

now for those numbers, marth hurts to look at next to eliwood, I can't tell if there was a drop off because he was "guaranteed" or if eliwood was just rallied so hard that marth didn't stand a chance (probably a bot of both), alm is unsurprising, that micaiah rally hit hard in the second half, looks like our farfetched banner will be lif(?), selkie, louise and ranulf, this is weird. but regardless, out top heroes seem to be a case of excessive rallying, the difference between number 2 and 3 seems to be close to 10,000 votes in both brackets.

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You missed Haar somewhere around Jill.

The Binding Blade has never been "Sealed Sword", which is a mistranslation. The weapon's official Japanese translation is "Sword of Seal", or "Sword of Seals" or "Sword of Sealing" if made grammatically correct. It causes others to become sealed and isn't sealed itself.

The only "Sealed Sword" in the series is Chrom's "Sealed Falchion".

Ha, you've made a fatal mistake in assuming I care about accuracy. I'm the guy that's still calling them Alvis and Loptyr. And don't' get me started on the inferior American translations in Shadow Dragon that have become more widespread.

And just to nitpick (cause that's the kid of guy I am), it was pretty sealed before Roy used the Fire Emblem to unlock it.

Edited by Jotari

5 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

looks like our farfetched banner will be lif(?), selkie, louise and ranulf, this is weird. but regardless, out top heroes seem to be a case of excessive rallying, the difference between number 2 and 3 seems to be close to 10,000 votes in both brackets.

You are forgetting Awakening Anna. If Awakening Owain counted as distinct from his Fates version, the same is also true for Anna.

55 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I want him to steal Apocalypse. Elbert’s clothes for father reference and aesthetics and dark magic as a reference to Eleanora’s affinity. Aureola can be saved for his Legendary/Mythic variant and the ceremonial garb. 

His mommy might have Dark affinity but I believe she was shown to be a Bishop. So light magic would make more sense.

Dark magic wouldn't really fit a softie like Eliwood. Elder magic isn't evil in Elibe but it does seen to involve sacrifice and negative emotions. I don't think Eliwood would do well if tutored in Niime's dark magic style.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

33 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

I'm really happy that Camilla is still top 2! Micaiah Love is real too!

A bit sad for Marth's fans, maybe next year?

Thank you really much GrandeRampel for your support!

I waked up at 4 am (France) because I felt like the results had been shown xD (But I had a strange dream of a Bridal Camilla drawn by Mikuro, sorry if it's happening ^^)

I think that Mila is our next Mythic heroes (Green flying dragon)

I'm really glad you guys &  @XRay got the results you wanted. I only wish Camilla was 1st place for all you to enjoy your victory.

All of you deserve it after all that passive aggressiveness the past month.

Edited by Zangetsu

Congrats to all of the winners for this round! While I am sad that Camilla will be getting yet another alt, I am happy for those who really seem to like her. Love that Eliwood is getting some love and completing the Brave Trinity of FE7 (sorry Marth fans, at least he is more than likely to win next year)! While I would love to see Micaiah in her Light Priestess class, that should be saved as a mythic hero in all honesty. Instead I think her being a dagger user would be much more interesting for this Brave variant. Ideally she would wear clothes that looked similar to Sothe's in his Whisper class. Maybe even give her the Baselard for the cherry on top.  She could even say as one of her quotes"Hush Yune! Please don't cry. If they hear you, you'll give us away" or something similar to that.

Edited by TheKnightlyNight

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Do you have any actual thoughts on the results, instead of just being judgmental?  Because you're not helping.

If that's your way preventing things from being escalated then I'll stop.

I just don't like it when people give beef to people who just want like a character, especially when it's popularity contest.

Not that anyone cares even care my opinion about this poll anyways