Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

54 minutes ago, Othin said:

Splitting Anna makes perfect sense. Her incarnations are distinct enough that it makes sense to have votes for specific ones, not just some conglomeration, and they aren't even the same person. This will probably get both a Farfetched Heroes version of Awakening Anna and a seasonal version of Heroes Anna, anyway.

I've seen this a lot, and every time my response is the same; it is extremely likely, should one Anna win, that all Annas would be removed from future CYLs, and if this is the case they should have all been combined.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Book Bro said:

I could see next year being between Edelgard, Anna, Robin, and Eirika on the women's side, and Marth, Chrom, Robin, and Claude (he seems to have gotten the most positive reaction so far) on the men's side. I wonder what they'd do if both Robins won.

Of course, if there's characters that end up being really broken/memey/waifu bait in Three Houses they could be contenders as well.

I think the pressure for Anna to win CYL will be lifted once she gets an alt (especially if it's a good alt, aka Awakening!Anna in the next Redux banner). F!Robin could be up there but that depends on if Alpharad is willing to promote her again and/ or if the community is able to keep the momentum going. As for the "waifu bait," Camilla's "fans" on Reddit have already decided to rally behind Loki and are looking forward to the next instance of the archetype in 3H. Oh, joy...

Apart from that, I agree with your suggestion. I wouldn't mind Edelgard, Eirika, Marth and Claude/ Dimitri being the CYL 4 winners (assuming the 3H Lords aren't bland or outright terrible characters, of course). The cynic in me instead ponders the likelihood of Edelgard, Loki/ Camilla 3.0, Claude, Dimitri instead...

As for weapons, I assume Micaiah's getting a armour & cavalry killer again and only hope she gets a green or colourless variant to remove overlap. Alm with a bow makes sense, as would Eliwood with a lance since both are canonically things they can wield (maybe Micaiah could have a Thani-staff).

Edited by DefyingFates

58 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Calling it now, Three Houses will have a character ten times worse than Camilla that will soak up all the spare vitriol.

Nah, Three houses will intsoduce exactly as bad character, whose name will be Camilla's anagram and will be her reincarnation. She will be next CYL winner.

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

I've seen this a lot, and every time my response is the same; it is extremely likely, should one Anna win, that all Annas would be removed from future CYLs, and if this is the case they should have all been combined.

That's not a situation unique to Anna. (Copying my explanation from here because it applies here as well.)

Lots of other characters got votes split, and Anna had more reason for it than any of them.

• Votes were only combined within FE1/2/3/11/12/15, FE4/5, and FE9/10. All other sets were separate, most notably the shared characters between FE6/7 like Bartre, Karel, and Marcus (because of the length of the timeskip) but also Tiki, Owain, Inigo, and Severa got split. This alone would be reason enough to split Anna, even if not for the whole "literally different people" thing.
  • Different identities belonging to the same character get split, like Zelgius/BK and Camus/Zeke/Sirius.
  • Characters with variable gender (Robin, Corrin, Morgan, Kana, Kris) were split by gender.
  • Hardin was split just because his two versions are so different. I don't know if anyone else got this treatment.

You could argue against all of these, but I think it makes sense to keep them separate. It allows for specifying which distinct version of a character you're backing: for example, so people who specifically want Sirius or Severa to be added won't have their votes appear to be mixed in with the character's alternate version who's already in the game. So people who want a new version specifically of one gender of one of the gender-varying characters won't have their votes appear to be mixed in with the other one. So people who want specifically an older version of Anna in the game won't have their votes appear to be for Heroes Anna. (Or vice versa, so people who specifically want a Heroes Anna alt won't have their votes mixed in with the others.)

17 minutes ago, Florete said:

The other Annas shouldn't be allowed in CYL in the first place if Heroes Anna is same enough as the other ones.

16 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Nah, Three houses will intsoduce exactly as bad character, whose name will be Camilla's anagram and will be her reincarnation. She will be next CYL winner.

Millaca, I am calling it. Like in the original novella of Carmilla who is also Millarca. 

Btw, she will not be Camillas reincarnation. Somehow Camilla achieved immortality what you will learn in the DLC stories.

Edited by Stroud

10 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Either that or the "just as bad" character will be Camilla herself under a pseudonym and will thus win CYL twice. And of course none of her fans will bat an eye when she gets 6 alts but will bash everyone else whenever they get a single alt...

Urgh.

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's not a situation unique to Anna. (Copying my explanation from here because it applies here as well.)

Lots of other characters got votes split, and Anna had more reason for it than any of them.

• Votes were only combined within FE1/2/3/11/12/15, FE4/5, and FE9/10. All other sets were separate, most notably the shared characters between FE6/7 like Bartre, Karel, and Marcus (because of the length of the timeskip) but also Tiki, Owain, Inigo, and Severa got split. This alone would be reason enough to split Anna, even if not for the whole "literally different people" thing.
  • Different identities belonging to the same character get split, like Zelgius/BK and Camus/Zeke/Sirius.
  • Characters with variable gender (Robin, Corrin, Morgan, Kana, Kris) were split by gender.
  • Hardin was split just because his two versions are so different. I don't know if anyone else got this treatment.

You could argue against all of these, but I think it makes sense to keep them separate. It allows for specifying which distinct version of a character you're backing: for example, so people who specifically want Sirius or Severa to be added won't have their votes appear to be mixed in with the character's alternate version who's already in the game. So people who want a new version specifically of one gender of one of the gender-varying characters won't have their votes appear to be mixed in with the other one. So people who want specifically an older version of Anna in the game won't have their votes appear to be for Heroes Anna. (Or vice versa, so people who specifically want a Heroes Anna alt won't have their votes mixed in with the others.)

I get what you're saying, but it doesn't hit at the problem I presented; in all of these cases except for a couple, all versions of these characters would very likely be removed from future CYLs should one win. Yes, I can understand why fans of Severa might not want their votes counting toward Selena, but it's a price we might have to pay. The issue IS likely wants to avoid is ever having the "same" character win twice, which is why Masked Marth and Hector (Binding Blade) were removed from voting even though they would have been considered separate based on the ruling. If other versions would be removed, they should all be counted together.

The exceptions I mentioned are gender variants and Camus/Zeke. Gender variants are largely seen by both the fans and IS as different characters with the same name already (and tend to have rather separate fan bases) so I don't think, for example, both Robins would be removed if female Robin wins, thus they should remain separate. Camus/Zeke is just a case where the two versions are so very different they might as well be different characters entirely (that's just my opinion, though, not sure what IS would do if one won). Maybe Hardin as well, but I'm not familiar with him.

But that doesn't really apply to Anna. While we know they are technically different characters, they are still all one big "character" so to speak. Fans of Anna are typically fans of all Anna and all Anna have extremely similar looks and personality.

14 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

The other Annas shouldn't be allowed in CYL in the first place if Heroes Anna is same enough as the other ones.

If this were the case vote combining wouldn't be necessary at all because every character would only have one version of themself in the first place. Not a bad compromise imo.

Edited by Florete

Micaiah winning, Soren reaching top 10 and Lyon reaching top 100 is amazing. A bit disappointed A!Tiki isn't higher up but at least she stayed in the top 20. 

Cynthia's placement is depressing. She'll be a poor TT unit drawn by Lloyd's artist, won't she? Dammit, I've got a Special Spiral and Sturdy Impact with her name on it just in case though.

23 minutes ago, Thane said:

Micaiah winning, Soren reaching top 10 and Lyon reaching top 100 is amazing. A bit disappointed A!Tiki isn't higher up but at least she stayed in the top 20. 

Cynthia's placement is depressing. She'll be a poor TT unit drawn by Lloyd's artist, won't she? Dammit, I've got a Special Spiral and Sturdy Impact with her name on it just in case though.

For a moment I just though you're spiteful with Pikomaro...

But then I remember him/her actually was who drawn Sumia some months ago; so she is actually quite likely to be drawn for them.

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

But then I remember him/her actually was who drawn Sumia some months ago; so she is actually quite likely to be drawn for them.

And it was nice. So @Thane, you need not worry about anything.

You’ll have less things to worry about than what I do. That says something.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Chill out. It is one thing to criticize a character, but it is not okay to bag on her supporters.

Camilla fans deserve the same amount of acknowledgement and respect as any other Fire Emblem fan.

Now, I get what you're saying, and you have a point.

But...

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Camilla:_Bewitching_Beauty

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Camilla:_Spring_Princess

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Camilla:_Holiday_Traveler

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Camilla:_Tropical_Beauty

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Camilla:_Flower_of_Fantasy

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Camilla:_Steamy_Secrets

6 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

And? It's not the fault of Camilla's fan. IS like Camilla, and Camilla sales well.

Think about the scenario where your favorite character gets many alts, and you want him to win. And people harassing you for that.

It's the same for Camilla's fan. It's not funny at all, even joking about it isn't fun anymore, because of all the complaining from some people.

7 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

But...

Yeah, thanks mate. I think we're all aware of how many versions she has by now.

But, IS alone decided to go ahead and make all of those. If you wanna go after someone, go after them and not Camilla's fans. Essentially shaming people for voting for the character they wanted to isn't cool.

1 minute ago, Drakhis said:

And? It's not the fault of Camilla's fan. IS like Camilla, and Camilla sales well.

Think about the scenario where your favorite character gets many alts, and you want him to win. And people harassing you for that.

It's the same for Camilla's fan. It's not funny at all, even joking about it isn't fun anymore, because of all the complaining from some people.

100% agree. Some of these Camilla haters need to get off their high horse.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, thanks mate. I think we're all aware of how many versions she has by now.

But, IS alone decided to go ahead and make all of those. If you wanna go after someone, go after them and not Camilla's fans. Essentially shaming people for voting for the character they wanted to isn't cool.

Thanks! That's what I wanted to say.

Just now, Michelaar said:

100% agree. Some of these Camilla haters need to get off their high horse.

Thanks!

@Tybrosion @Michelaar Just because I'm curious: Who do you think you will vote next year (In the case where they don't add any characters that you want)?

After Micaiah victory; I'll help my favorite characters that aren't in the game.

Probably I'll go full Silque unless she is revealed during the year; otherwise I'll do some my other favorite characters from Jugdrall or Tellius.

Edited by Troykv

2 hours ago, Florete said:

They’re still different people. What Anna fans would be voting on is WHICH Anna gets to have the Brave alt. Commander Anna and Awakening Anna are not the same character. They each wield different weapons and wear completely different outfits due to their positions. They’re Fire Emblem’s version of Nurse Joy. Instead of crying about it now, which is pointless, Anna fans should decide on which Anna they should support for next year and stick with her all the way. 

8 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

Definitely agree. I don't like Camilla all that much and I'm kind of sick of IS pushing her so hard in FEH, but at one point I was sick of how much vitriol Camilla fans were getting during this CYL just because they want to get a Brave version of their favorite character. All the conspiracy theories and personal attacks were getting really insane for what was just a popularity contest for a mobile game.

And I know I wasn't addressed the question, but at the moment, I'm split between Elincia and adult Tiki for next year's CYL.

Well, with Camilla winning this year’s CYL, the vitriol that she brought won’t be affecting next year’s CYL event.

...unless...

...Is

IS goes and gives her the Odin/Selena/Laslow treatment and shoehorns her in 3 Houses under a slightly different name. As for her weapon, she should get the Ganglari. 

@Etrurian emperor Tell that to Eirika. That’s an “S” rank tome she “stole”. Anyway, it’s FEH, they can do whatever they want. B!Eliwood not “stealing” another FE6 exclusive Divine Weapon while Lyn and Hector did wouldn’t feel right. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

7 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

IS goes and gives her the Odin/Selena/Laslow treatment and shoehorns her in 3 Houses under a slightly different name.

Nah most likely what’s gonna happen is that they’re just gonna make another character of that archeatype. Huge busty onee-chan that is obsessed with the avatar(if TH has an avatar that is) for stupid reasons other than player pandering that’s gonna become super popular for whatever reason.

17 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

They’re still different people. What Anna fans would be voting on is WHICH Anna gets to have the Brave alt. Commander Anna and Awakening Anna are not the same character. They each wield different weapons and wear completely different outfits due to their positions. They’re Fire Emblem’s version of Nurse Joy. Instead of crying about it now, which is pointless, Anna fans should decide on which Anna they should support for next year and stick with her all the way. 

This is new and interesting information that I have definitely never heard until now. Thank you for offering me this incredible insight. I can finally stop all this crying I have definitely been doing.

Read my follow-up response.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

I get what you're saying, but it doesn't hit at the problem I presented; in all of these cases except for a couple, all versions of these characters would very likely be removed from future CYLs should one win. Yes, I can understand why fans of Severa might not want their votes counting toward Selena, but it's a price we might have to pay. The issue IS likely wants to avoid is ever having the "same" character win twice, which is why Masked Marth and Hector (Binding Blade) were removed from voting even though they would have been considered separate based on the ruling. If other versions would be removed, they should all be counted together.

The exceptions I mentioned are gender variants and Camus/Zeke. Gender variants are largely seen by both the fans and IS as different characters with the same name already (and tend to have rather separate fan bases) so I don't think, for example, both Robins would be removed if female Robin wins, thus they should remain separate. Camus/Zeke is just a case where the two versions are so very different they might as well be different characters entirely (that's just my opinion, though, not sure what IS would do if one won). Maybe Hardin as well, but I'm not familiar with him.

But that doesn't really apply to Anna. While we know they are technically different characters, they are still all one big "character" so to speak. Fans of Anna are typically fans of all Anna and all Anna have extremely similar looks and personality.

If this were the case vote combining wouldn't be necessary at all because every character would only have one version of themself in the first place. Not a bad compromise imo.