Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Here is another simple example to show just how easy it is to skew the numbers in favor of my argument:

I know it is skewed, but I am simplifying/summarizing the results of the calculator on why color is bad on an offensive unit. Once you scale up the stats to 20s to 60s where level 40 units are, my 5HP example is more reflective of what is going on than the 6HP example.

1 hour ago, Xenovia said:

Ass Takumi.  Who is this fanservice for?

A Sketchy Summer. And it is not fan service, the naming system is called alphabet soup, as coined by Ice Dragon himself.

26 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Clearly it's just for Oboro, and literally no one else.

Excuse moi?

Someone like me, albeit one who feels the need to own some pixels of them. I'd rather go the cheaper way- either just remember Cutekumi in your deepest memories, or print a free copy of the artwork from the Interwebs. And if someone really shelled out the money for Cutekumi, I'd suggest a life-sized and flexible 3D printing of him instead.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

My argument is not that these units should not exist. My argument is that Alm should not be a red bow unit because that will just make him a dud like AOTB!Celica unless they plan to give him something bonkers like Future Vision.

Which they absolutely can do. I refer back to my original comparison. Saying Alm shouldn't be a red bow unit is like saying he shouldn't be infantry because armours are "better".

Edited by Jotari

23 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

That has nothing to do with hacking, and the weapon choice makes plenty of sense based on lore.

I don't remember if there was any specific mention of Lyon teaching Eirika how to use magic in the original game, but it would not be unexpected if he did, as he visited the Renais twins not unfrequently, and after the war, it would have made sense that Grado's Sacred Twins would be given to Renais for safekeeping.

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree on that one. Eirika with Gleipnir came out of nowhere besides giving the weapon to a popular character. 

All I remember from Lyon’s interactions with the Renais twins was that they used to spar and study a lot. Lyon could have sneaked in some magic lessons during those times and that’s probably how Eirika found out that Ephraim had no talent for magic. 

Anyway, B!Eliwood getting Apocalypse isn’t as strange as others make it out to be. 

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Eirika is friends with a scholar of dark magic. Eliwood is friends with a musclehead.

Lyn takes offense at that statement. Though Eliwood wielding the Mani Katti and being an anti armoured/cavalry unit could work. Mani Katti is in much the same position as Alm's Royal Sword, being a more noteable than usual prf weapon for that character but overshadowed by the endgame prf they get. Only real way to put it in without seeming redundant would be to give it to another character like they did for Celica. Plus it would actually make a lot of sense for Eliwood as we don't have an infantry incarnation of him yet despite him starting off that way (granted it's far from the only suggestion that would suit him best as infantry).

Edited by Jotari

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Lyn takes offense at that statement. Though Eliwood wielding the Mani Katti and being an anti armoured/cavalry unit could work. Mani Katti is in much the same position as Alm's Royal Sword, being a more noteable than usual prf weapon for that character but overshadowed by the endgame prf they get. Only real way to put it in without seeming redundant would be to give it to another character like they did for Celica.

I'm betting on Wolf Beil.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh yeah, Wolf Beil would have the same effect. Although Mani Katti does have more fanfare in the actual game, while Wold Beil is just some axe hector has in the same vein as Reginleif or a boring old rapier. Still, that wouldn't be a big issue. What would be a big issue is that they most certainly want all four units having four different colours. So if Eliwood gets axes, that will mean Camilla will probably be shifted to tomes. Speculation for each character can't quite exist in a vacuum.

On the subject of red weapons, I wouldn't mind Micaiah getting Micaiah's Pyre. It was always a pretty random thing to attach to her considering she had no fire connection, but it does have a cool name.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

On the subject of red weapons, I wouldn't mind Micaiah getting Micaiah's Pyre. It was always a pretty random thing to attach to her considering she had no fire connection, but it does have a cool name.

Chaotic Flames sounds better, and has a lore connection. It's "fire", but magical lore-connected fire.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Camilla has an older brother she can steal a weapon off of.

Seigfried is already in the game though. I don't really see them going the path of making a divine Siegfried or something. Unless you're actually referring to Corrin and suggest she get the Shadow Yato, which could be cool. 

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Chaotic Flames sounds better, and has a lore connection. It's "fire", but magical lore-connected fire.

Is that what it's called in the Japanese version?

Edited by Jotari

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Is that what it's called in the Japanese version?

No. I was referring to the fact that Lehran's Medallion emits blue flames of chaotic energies. Rather than use a generic anima tome, she'd channel those chaotic energies, which in lore she does.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Seigfried is already in the game though. I don't really see them going the path of making a divine Siegfried or something. Unless you're actually referring to Corrin and suggest she get the Shadow Yato, which could be cool. 

I'm thinking Siegfried. Roy got Blazing Durandal, so a prefixed Siegfried wouldn't be out of the question. And then we can have Camilla make vanilla Xander obsolete.

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm thinking Siegfried. Roy got Blazing Durandal, so a prefixed Siegfried wouldn't be out of the question. And then we can have Camilla make vanilla Xander obsolete.

Maybe it's just Fates poor writing, but given the lack of fanfare around the Fates legendary weapons (other than the Yato), I just can't really envision them getting more specialized versions. There isn't this great heraldry about them, being weapons that you receive with the character rather early in the game, unlike the legendary weapons of Jugdral and Elibe. It's be like getting a special version of Baselard (although at least the legendary weapons of Fates actually integrate into the plot in someway unlike most of Radiant Dawn's). They could of course do it if they want to (Shadow Siegfried?) and if they did and Xander could evolve his Siegfired to get it too, it could make him marginally more useful depending on the weapon itself, but I just don't really expect them to do that.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No. I was referring to the fact that Lehran's Medallion emits blue flames of chaotic energies. Rather than use a generic anima tome, she'd channel those chaotic energies, which in lore she does.

Micaiah never channels the chaotic powers. Her abilities come from being Lehran's descendant. About as far as it comes to her channeling chaotic energies is Yune talking to her to deliver some visions. She certainly never manifests it as an offensive attack, and if that's what they were going for they should have made the tome spout blue fire in Awakening, instead they gave it the GBA fire animation, Micaiah isn't even a GBA unit! I think they just sort of forgot who Micaiah was when making her in Awakening. Given they made her a Dark Mage (inb4 I know she has a Dark Affinity, but so do a bunch of other characters. Her getting Shadow Gift over someone actually associated with Dark Magic like Lyon or Gharnef doesn't make sense. Katarina has even less reason to have it, especially since you'll probably never use it on her in favor of making her a prepacked RallyBot). If they wanted to have a Micaiah inspired weapon in Awakening then they should have gone with Thani. Anti cavalry/armoured magic is pretty good.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Micaiah never channels the chaotic powers. Her abilities come from being Lehran's descendant. About as far as it comes to her channeling chaotic energies is Yune talking to her to deliver some visions. She certainly never manifests it as an offensive attack, and if that's what they were going for they should have made the tome spout blue fire in Awakening, instead they gave it the GBA fire animation, Micaiah isn't even a GBA unit! I think they just sort of forgot who Micaiah was when making her in Awakening. Given they made her a Dark Mage (inb4 I know she has a Dark Affinity, but so do a bunch of other characters. Her getting Shadow Gift over someone actually associated with Dark Magic like Lyon or Gharnef doesn't make sense. Katarina has even less reason to have it, especially since you'll probably never use it on her in favor of making her a prepacked RallyBot). If they wanted to have a Micaiah inspired weapon in Awakening then they should have gone with Thani. Anti cavalry/armoured magic is pretty good.

nobody in awakening got their PRF weapons, all legendaries were present, but PRFs were absent on all accounts.

28 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

nobody in awakening got their PRF weapons, all legendaries were present, but PRFs were absent on all accounts.

Well not under their original name, most characters got their PRF but it was called "Charact'ers" "Weapon". Granted their effects were mostly made up rather than having the original effect, but the weapons kept the same design as the original prfs. Micaiah could have got Micaiah's Light based on Thani instead of Micaiah's Pyre based on GBA Fire Magic.

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

Micaiah never channels the chaotic powers. Her abilities come from being Lehran's descendant. About as far as it comes to her channeling chaotic energies is Yune talking to her to deliver some visions. She certainly never manifests it as an offensive attack, and if that's what they were going for they should have made the tome spout blue fire in Awakening, instead they gave it the GBA fire animation,

I was not trying to connect things to Awakening.

And as for the channeling of chaos, I was referring to the final blow in RD, sure she isn't the one doing the channeling at that moment, but her body served as the vessel through which it passed. She survived having all that chaos around and in her, and technically with a little training I think she could, since granddad has S Dark and dark = chaos in Tellius, despite being a purebred and hence if anything more sensitive to chaos. 

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Huh, that'd be interesting.

Axe cavalry Eliwood would be neat and it'd let him go with a unit type previous CYL winners haven't had yet, although it wouldn't be as firmly connected to Hector.

13 hours ago, Jotari said:

Which they absolutely can do. I refer back to my original comparison. Saying Alm shouldn't be a red bow unit is like saying he shouldn't be infantry because armours are "better".

But we do not know if they will give him something as powerful Future Vision. If he is a mage, staff, or colorless bow user, he can at least be fixed with Skill Inheritance by players.

inb4 brave camilla gets a FEH original weapon, just like brave lucina and brave veronica

am i recalling it wrong, or fates' regalia can be equipped only by their respective owners?

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

inb4 brave camilla gets a FEH original weapon, just like brave lucina and brave veronica

am i recalling it wrong, or fates' regalia can be equipped only by their respective owners?

You're right, but that shouldn't be an issue. The Royal Sword is Alm-only, but Cecilia gets it for her CYL version regardless.