Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

17 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm betting on Wolf Beil.

Just like how many people thought that B!Ephraim was going to bring Reginleif while B!Hector was going to bring Wolf Beil...and look what happened. I’m sticking with Apocalypse for B!Eliwood. Giving any of these Brave heroes what is basically a starter weapon is insulting. 

Camilla could get Siegfried, Brynhildr or the one sword most people forget that exists: Ganglari. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Just like how many people thought that B!Ephraim was going to bring Reginleif while B!Hector was going to bring Wolf Beil...and look what happened. I’m sticking with Apocalypse for B!Eliwood. Giving any of these Brave heroes what is basically a starter weapon is insulting. 

Eliwood is still more likely to get Rex Hasta than Apocalypse if you really want an end-game weapon. Hell, I wouldn't put it past them to make him dress up as Roy and give him Binding Blade.

He should just dress up as Elbert and pull Deathly Daggers out of his back to throw at opponents.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Eliwood is still more likely to get Rex Hasta than Apocalypse if you really want an end-game weapon. Hell, I wouldn't put it past them to make him dress up as Roy and give him Binding Blade.

He should just dress up as Elbert and pull Deathly Daggers out of his back to throw at opponents.

Some people thought the same thing last year with Brave Hector and he pulled Maltet out of nowhere. Any Divine Weapon is fair game now. B!Lyn started it, might as well take the last FE6 exclusive weapon and get closer to complete the set. B!Lyn and B!Hector got other Divine Weapons, there’s no real reason for B!Eliwood not to have another Divine Weapon. Binding Blade? Oh no, Roy and Hartmut can keep that thing. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 hour ago, Othin said:

You're right, but that shouldn't be an issue. The Royal Sword is Alm-only, but Cecilia gets it for her CYL version regardless.

Whoa, I must have missed brave Cecilia, when did that happen?

3 hours ago, Yexin said:

inb4 brave camilla gets a FEH original weapon, just like brave lucina and brave veronica

There was no clear Lance for Lucina to wield (the A rank lances in Awakening all originate from past games) and Veronica is a Heroes OC. Not really similar situations. It depends on what weapon they want to give Camilla, but people are already predicting Bolverk. Aurgelmir is also a possibility, among other weapons she can borrow from her siblings.

55 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Camilla could get Siegfried, Brynhildr or the one sword most people forget that exists: Ganglari. 

I saw way more people predicting Garm for Ephraim than Reginleif.

11 minutes ago, Florete said:

It was between Reginleif and Garm due to mage Eirika and wanting to match. 

B!Lyn could’ve easily gotten Rienfleche and B!Hector Rex Hasta and yet for some reason they went for the other Divine Weapons...This is why I cannot see B!Eliwood getting Rex Hasta at all. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

It was between Reginleif and Garm due to mage Eirika and wanting to match. 

B!Lyn could’ve easily gotten Rienfleche and B!Hector Rex Hasta and yet for some reason they went for the other Divine Weapons...

Mulagir is the sacred weapon of Lyn's birth place, so that makes sense. As for Hector getting Maltet, well, I got nothing.

11 minutes ago, Florete said:

Whoa, I must have missed brave Cecilia, when did that happen?

There was no clear Lance for Lucina to wield (the A rank lances in Awakening all originate from past games) and Veronica is a Heroes OC. Not really similar situations. It depends on what weapon they want to give Camilla, but people are already predicting Bolverk. Aurgelmir is also a possibility, among other weapons she can borrow from her siblings.

Whoops.

And yeah, Lucina and Veronica both had extenuating circumstances Camilla doesn't. Aurgelmir is a possibility, it's associated with Nohr in its own right.

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

Mulagir is the sacred weapon of Lyn's birth place, so that makes sense. As for Hector getting Maltet, well, I got nothing.

Hardly “makes sense”. Lyn was never known as a bow user. Her source material has nothing on her referencing bows or her skill with them. Not even with Rath. Rienfleche and a reference to Uhai would’ve made more sense and yet here we are. It’s not like Lyn’s father had a claim to the bow either. Hector’s case is even more “weird. That’s why Eliwood getting the dark tome doesn’t seem as too mych of a crazy idea.

Besides, Raigh and Sophia are already used up in Heroes (they could still get it via a refine but that doesn’t stop other units from having it), Bramimond is a “mirror of who addresses it” and then we have Niime, which would be awesome with it but...would the developers actually release a very old lady in a banner? That is the question. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

34 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Some people thought the same thing last year with Brave Hector and he pulled Maltet out of nowhere. Any Divine Weapon is fair game now. B!Lyn started it, might as well take the last FE6 exclusive weapon and get closer to complete the set. B!Lyn and B!Hector got other Divine Weapons, there’s no real reason for B!Eliwood not to have another Divine Weapon. Binding Blade? Oh no, Roy and Hartmut can keep that thing. 

Except that Hector would be able to use lances normally as a General (since he's dressed as Uther), not to mention he can use lances normally as a General anyways in Binding Blade. Maltet at least tangentially makes sense due to both of his non-Lyn paired endings being with the pegasus sisters. We all know Farina stole it for him.

And I don't see why you're so quick to dismiss Binding Blade as a possible weapon other than "I don't want him to have it". The best reasoning I can see for you suggesting Apocalypse is "I want him to have Apocalypse", which is shit for justification.

Of particular note, all of the Brave Heroes so far are using weapons that the class that they are cosplaying as is capable of using.

22 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

B!Lyn could’ve easily gotten Rienfleche and B!Hector Rex Hasta and yet for some reason they went for the other Divine Weapons...

All the more reason to just give Eliwood Roy's Binding Blade.

It's entirely possible that they wanted to not use the morph S-rank weapons so that they could give them to non-Brave characters. So far, we've gotten Regal Blade (Lloyd), Basilikos (Linus and Raven), and Giga Excalibur (Nino) all on normal units.

16 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Hardly “makes sense”. Lyn was never known as a bow user. Her source material has nothing on her referencing bows or her skill with them. Not even with Rath. Rienfleche and a reference to Uhai would’ve made more sense and yet here we are. 

She's dressed up as a Nomadic Trooper in reference to her dad, and bows are the primary weapon of the class.

Also, she has access to bows on promotion anyways, just like how Lucina has access to lances on promotion.

14 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Maybe camilla with ganglari? I dunno just a thought

You'd be the fourth to mention it in this thread.

Edited by Ice Dragon

24 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Maybe camilla with ganglari? I dunno just a thought

It’s quite the overlooked weapon but it’s a possibility. 

@Ice Dragon

I’m aware that FE6 Hector was capable of using lances. Maltet really feels like a stretch even with those possible Peg Knight references. 

I am “quick” to dismiss Binding Blade because I don’t want B!Eliwood to become the next B!Celica as a rather so-so red sword infantry unit. Now seen as Death Blow 4 fodder. It’s a crappy fate. Hm,  “shit for justification”? B!Lyn started this trend of taking Divine weapons that were exclusive from FE6, Hector continued it. It make sense for Eliwood to take the final one and pretty much complete the set. That would leave Aureola up for grabs. There’s also Legendary Roy on the horizon of possibilities for a busted Binding Blade. 

“class they’re cosplaying”...there’s no class system in FEH. Only movement type and weapon type. Also, Bruno is a blue tome unit. B!Veronica was made into a colorless Staff unit for some reason. 

B!Lyn’s outfit isn’t really different from that she normally wears and with no actual reference to her father due to him having no art, it’s tricky to make that claim. Generic Nomad/Nomadic Troopers, Sue, Shin, Dayan and Rath all wear bandannas or a headband. 

The other “S” rank weapons? Yes, it seems  that the developers want them for normal units. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

33 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I’m aware that FE6 Hector was capable of using lances. Maltet really feels like a stretch even with those possible Peg Knight references. 

It was either going to be Maltet or Rex Hasta (or an original weapon) due to being dressed as Uther, but as I mentioned, it looks like they're trying to save the morph S-rank weapons for normal units to use, so Maltet it was.

37 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

There’s also Legendary Roy on the horizon of possibilities for a busted Binding Blade. 

And then there's Armads and Siegmund, both of which have three different versions, so there's clearly no problem with Binding Blade having three different versions.

37 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

B!Lyn’s outfit isn’t really different from that she normally wears and with no actual reference to her father due to him having no art, it’s tricky to make that claim.

She has one castle quote and one tap quote specifically about her father. Every quote that mentions her mother also mentions her father, which is five.

Out of all four other versions of her, there are zero mentions of her father, zero mentions of her mother, and only two mentions of her grandfather, which makes sense since we actually see him in-game in Blazing Sword.

It is very clear that, while she may or may not be dressed like her father in particular, she is certainly intended to be portrayed as a Nomadic Trooper, which her father is implied to have been by her weapon and movement type.

54 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

“class they’re cosplaying”...there’s no class system in FEH. Only movement type and weapon type. Also, Bruno is a blue tome unit. B!Veronica was made into a colorless Staff unit for some reason. 

I'm obviously talking about the characters in their original games, or are you just trying to be pedantic?

• Ike is dressed up a Greil, who is a Hero, and uses an axe, which the Hero class can use in Path of Radiance.
  • Roy is dressed up as Eliwood, who is a Knight Lord, and uses a sword, which the Knight Lord class can use in Blazing Sword.
  • Lucina is dressed up as herself as a Great Lord and uses a lance, which the Great Lord class can use in Awakening.
  • Hector is dressed up as Uther, who is a General, and uses a lance, which the General class can use in Blazing Sword.
  • Ephraim is dressed up as Fado, who is a General, and uses an axe, which the General class can use in The Sacred Stones.
  • Celica is dressed up as herself as a Priestess from Gaiden and uses a sword, which the Priestess class can use in Gaiden.
  • Veronica comes from a game without classes and is dressed up as Bruno, so she can have whatever the hell weapon she wants as long as she has the horse and can use the weapon while on a horse.

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

Generic Nomad/Nomadic Troopers, Sue, Shin, Dayan and Rath all wear bandannas or a headband. 

Which matters... why? Do you suddenly change classes when you take your bandanna off? Are you no longer a nomad if you take off your head accessory to take a bath?

Hell, even then, Lyn still has extra head accessories (whoever, besides you, ever said it has to be a bandanna or headband?) compared to normal in her Brave Hero outfit.

53 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Out there prediction du jour: Eliwood is an axe paladin dressed as Elbert and weilding yet another Armads because you can never have too many Armads.

Hm, I wouldn’t mind it. There aren’t that many axe cavalry units. Walhart and Frederick are pretty similar stat-wise while Titania is more of a Res tank. 

@Ice Dragon This is getting nowhere. I just want a ranged cavalry Eliwood that’s decent and B!Eliwood is FEH’s best chance at that being a reality and it’s not that Apocalypse is off-limits. Is that too much to ask? 

Edited by Lord-Zero

8 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

This is getting nowhere.

Of course it's going nowhere when all you have is wishful thinking. Apocalypse is not off limits, but it's less likely than you keep trying to push it to be.

I will be genuinely surprised if it happens because it is the Divine Weapon that I would least expect to see him have (excluding Durandal, which has a virtually zero chance).

And I still think pulling Deathly Daggers out of his Elbert-cosplay back is more likely than Apocalypse, despite being a complete joke suggestion.

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Of course it's going nowhere when all you have is wishful thinking. Apocalypse is not off limits, but it's less likely than you keep trying to push it to be.

I will be genuinely surprised if it happens because it is the Divine Weapon that I would least expect to see him have (excluding Durandal, which has a virtually zero chance).

And I still think pulling Deathly Daggers out of his Elbert-cosplay back is more likely than Apocalypse, despite being a complete joke suggestion.

Your “joke” suggestion is also “wishful thinking”. The reason I even “push it to be” because there’s some base to it and that’s his fellow FE7 lords “stealing” weapons from FE6 for their Brave alts among other things so it’s not nearly as crazy as you claim. Only time will tell.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree and end it there. 

9 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Your “joke” suggestion is also “wishful thinking”. The reason I even “push it to be” because there’s some base to it and that’s his fellow FE7 lords “stealing” weapons from FE6 for their Brave alts among other things so it’s not nearly as crazy as you claim. Only time will tell.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree and end it there. 

Yes, it is wishful thinking, but I'm using that example specifically to say that as unlikely as my wishful thinking is, yours is even less likely.

At the very least, I have chosen a character that Eliwood can plausibly be dressed as and chosen a weapon that said character can justifiably use, as unlikely as that weapon would be. You have forgotten that CYL isn't about giving a character an alt with a different weapon, but about giving a character an alt with a different outfit.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Hardly “makes sense”. Lyn was never known as a bow user. Her source material has nothing on her referencing bows or her skill with them. Not even with Rath. Rienfleche and a reference to Uhai would’ve made more sense and yet here we are. It’s not like Lyn’s father had a claim to the bow either. Hector’s case is even more “weird. That’s why Eliwood getting the dark tome doesn’t seem as too mych of a crazy idea.

Besides, Raigh and Sophia are already used up in Heroes (they could still get it via a refine but that doesn’t stop other units from having it), Bramimond is a “mirror of who addresses it” and then we have Niime, which would be awesome with it but...would the developers actually release a very old lady in a banner? That is the question. 

You're really stretching. Lyn's secondary weapon in her own game is bows. Uhai is a random boss with whom the only connection she has is that they are both Sacaean.

I'm not against whatever idea you have for brave Eliwood. Brave Lyn getting Mulagir is not strange and there were people predicting it, though at the time we still didn't quite know how the brave heroes would be treated.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes, it is wishful thinking, but I'm using that example specifically to say that as unlikely as my wishful thinking is, yours is even less likely.

At the very least, I have chosen a character that Eliwood can plausibly be dressed as and chosen a weapon that said character can justifiably use, as unlikely as that weapon would be. You have forgotten that CYL isn't about giving a character an alt with a different weapon, but about giving a character an alt with a different outfit.

“Even less likely”

Only time will tell or...are you playing prophet?

“At the very least”, “justifiably use”. 

How silly of you. The developers can do whatever they want with the winners. They’re not bound by anything you said there nor anything I thought up either. I haven’t forgotten anything about CYL, sir. CYL is about giving both things to the winners: an different outfit and a different weapon. 1st place winners get an additional prf passive skill. The combination is up to the developers as they see fit.

Anyway, enough of this. Let’s let the developers do their magic and see what actually happens. 

@FloreteOf course I know her secondary weapon is a bow. I meant that her skill with a bow was never referenced in her source material. She’s a swordswoman first and foremost. Her getting a FE6 weapon at all was surprisingly strange considering the fact that she had no role in FE6 but that was back when she was first revealed. I still remember how long it took just to get her to A rank in bows back in the day. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Eliwood, dressed as Elbert riding a horse with his attack being to mess up Nergal's plans by summoning the Fire Dragon. Mounted Breath User!

10 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Just something to consider.

Brave Micaiah with our first colorless tome. Would it be good? Not a clue. Would be cool though.

If we can have colored bows and colorless “breaths” and “beast attacks”, surely we can have a colorless tome unit in the future. For B!Micaiah I was thinking of her as a green tome or green dagger unit to add color variety to the Micaiah family but colorless tome or staff would be fine too. 

5 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Niime with Apocalypse would be great, but she's not the only option. They could give it to one of the pre existing Dark Mages. We've seen old characters get new weapons plenty of times before.

And as weird as Bramimond is, he does have a design, so he could get into the game (and I'd personally love it if he did. Mythic Hero Bramimond).

4 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Out there prediction du jour: Eliwood is an axe paladin dressed as Elbert and weilding yet another Armads because you can never have too many Armads.

Armads, Thunder Armads, Berserk Armads, Relatively Calm Armads.

Edited by Jotari

7 hours ago, Othin said:

You're right, but that shouldn't be an issue. The Royal Sword is Alm-only, but Cecilia gets it for her CYL version regardless.

the royal sword actually only had the requirement of being wielded by someone with royal blood, this would have included celica, it still has requirements, but celica also meets them.