Jump to content
The Roger The Paladin

What is the dumbest self-imposed challenge you ever attempted?

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Kaze's favourite pillow said:

Doing a Girls Only run in FE8. Not hard but boring since you are stuck with 5 units until Route split (Too bored to continue)

I've done it myself. Not sure where you'd get that impression. Chapter 3 was a nightmare, and even if Sacred Stones is an "easy game", Vanessa and Eirika does not count as a frontline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bethany81707 said:

I've done it myself. Not sure where you'd get that impression. Chapter 3 was a nightmare, and even if Sacred Stones is an "easy game", Vanessa and Eirika does not count as a frontline.

How so? By the time you reach that chapter, Eirika should be overleveled since she is going to solo Prolouge, Chapter 1 and a good portion of chapter 2. Chapter 3 is still Axe Emblem, therefore Eirika should slaughter Bazba's army.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kaze's favourite pillow said:

Playing Conquest Lunatic with the level 1 Felicia you get if you do a prolouge with Fem!Corrin and then choose Male!Corrin (Won)

 

Wait, how does this works again? Like, if you played the first chapters with one genddr but chose another tru branch of fate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RexBolt said:

Wait, how does this works again? Like, if you played the first chapters with one genddr but chose another tru branch of fate?

Yup. Jakob and Felicia are different characters, therefore if you start the prolouge with the Female Avatar, Felicia won't gain the experience that Jakob did and start at level 1, like in my run. She is still solid for Chapter 8 though, as she is the only unit who can take care of all those mages in Enemy Phase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kaze's favourite pillow said:

How so? By the time you reach that chapter, Eirika should be overleveled since she is going to solo Prolouge, Chapter 1 and a good portion of chapter 2. Chapter 3 is still Axe Emblem, therefore Eirika should slaughter Bazba's army.

You're still down the healer the game expects you to have, and Eirika's not shrugging that much combat with a vulnerary. The structure of the room limits the support limited-training Vanessa and base Neimi can throw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

You're still down the healer the game expects you to have, and Eirika's not shrugging that much combat with a vulnerary. The structure of the room limits the support limited-training Vanessa and base Neimi can throw.

The thing is, you have enough vulneraries to heal Eirika if she gets hit. For me Chapter 5 was quite tedious and the most challenging, the girls doesn't have lots of bulk, you must hurry to save the villages and Joshua is pretty scary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kaze's favourite pillow said:

The thing is, you have enough vulneraries to heal Eirika if she gets hit. For me Chapter 5 was quite tedious and the most challenging, the girls doesn't have lots of bulk, you must hurry to save the villages and Joshua is pretty scary.

I remember one of my playthroughs beating that chapter by finding out Joshua will charge but not fight Natasha, and I'm fairly sure it was the All-Girls.

 

Anyway, I've also accomplished All-Girls on 9, 10, 12 and 15, but not 7. I have some standards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

I remember one of my playthroughs beating that chapter by finding out Joshua will charge but not fight Natasha, and I'm fairly sure it was the All-Girls.

 

Anyway, I've also accomplished All-Girls on 9, 10, 12 and 15, but not 7. I have some standards.

Yeah, back then I forgot that in non-japanese FE8, Joshua won't attack Natasha

Never played Tellius games, but a Girls Only run looks interesting in FE12 since Cecil is decent, Malicia and Linde can serve as healers and Palla is Palla. I was thinking about doing a Conquest Lunatic girls only run (except for Chapter 10 of course) I saw one on youtube but it was hard mode and a LTC one, which is not my cup of tea, I am more of a route-the-map fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kaze's favourite pillow said:

Never played Tellius games, but a Girls Only run looks interesting in FE12 since Cecil is decent, Malicia and Linde can serve as healers and Palla is Palla. I was thinking about doing a Conquest Lunatic girls only run (except for Chapter 10 of course) I saw one on youtube but it was hard mode and a LTC one, which is not my cup of tea, I am more of a route-the-map fan.

To be perfectly honest, I half-felt like me doing a formal All-Girls of 12 was cheating, because the only real modifications were benching deadweight and switching Navarre for Malice (also Sirius for Cecil, I suppose, since Cecil somehow got the most kills). Playing All-Girls so much has made the playstyle seep into my normal gameplay, even in other games (eg Dragon Quest).

For Path of Radiance, Titania makes the chapters until you get Mia a snoozefest- the lack of convoy makes inventory management a headache, but it's doable. Chapter 8 is a pail of cold water to the face, and then you get Marcia up and running.

Radiant Dawn made use of the force-deployed boys as meatshields in Micaiah's early maps, the priest statue abuse for Fiona, before starting to drop off after 3-2 and you get situations like three or four Tier 3 units turning back Lombroso's siege ("b-b-b-but you're outnumbered!") until Astrid and Marcia make training interesting. Surprisingly, this is the only playthrough I ever took Jill into the Tower of Ashera, and I was never bothered by lack of Haar. I blame wanting to triangle attack junk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

To be perfectly honest, I half-felt like me doing a formal All-Girls of 12 was cheating, because the only real modifications were benching deadweight and switching Navarre for Malice (also Sirius for Cecil, I suppose, since Cecil somehow got the most kills). Playing All-Girls so much has made the playstyle seep into my normal gameplay, even in other games (eg Dragon Quest).

For Path of Radiance, Titania makes the chapters until you get Mia a snoozefest- the lack of convoy makes inventory management a headache, but it's doable. Chapter 8 is a pail of cold water to the face, and then you get Marcia up and running.

Radiant Dawn made use of the force-deployed boys as meatshields in Micaiah's early maps, the priest statue abuse for Fiona, before starting to drop off after 3-2 and you get situations like three or four Tier 3 units turning back Lombroso's siege ("b-b-b-but you're outnumbered!") until Astrid and Marcia make training interesting. Surprisingly, this is the only playthrough I ever took Jill into the Tower of Ashera, and I was never bothered by lack of Haar. I blame wanting to triangle attack junk.

Sadly I don't know anything about Tellius series except for the fact that Titania is Female Seth, therefore I have almost no idea of what you're talking about <.<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MH4U.

I swore to myself that I would go through the entire game solo. With bow.

Come Dalamadur Urgent for G Rank.

Got fucked. I did end up soloing that fight with a dragon element longsword, but it too me literally 43 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...