FE8 No Shop Challenge

A Boy

Hello the 1 person reading this post. A while ago, I decided to try Sacred Stones without using the shop at all. No armory, SS, battle preps, or anything. This run will involve saving as much uses on weapons as possible since I can't buy any and also because rout maps. Also ye there's going to be a lot of rigging, this is just a theoretical run, not an actual run otherwise I would be dead pretty quickly. 

This is the playlist so far involving an intro of the challenge, and prolouge to chapter 4.

P-3 are seperated into 2 videos. One is a slide video based on the details of the chapter on what I do and stuff and the other is gameplay. Neither has audio. 4 is details + gameplay + audio.

If you prefer the ones before 4, the one in 4, or both, please let me know so that I can make these types of videos in advantage. The audio ones can only be made in specific days while the 2 video ones can be made anyway.

I am currently working on chapter 5, but there's also a thing called irl so I cannot confirm when it will be released.

Edited by A Boy
I spelled in as ij in paragraph 4

The old-school elitist in me wants to just ask “why are you wasting so many weapon uses” and leave. 

If not having access to the shops is really that limiting to the point where you could run out of weapon uses and not be able to finish the game, wouldn’t you want to use as few weapon uses as possible? In this run you certainly don’t care about turn counts so you should only be using Seth, Eirika, and 1 or 2 units of each weapon type.

Also, spreading out and killing every enemy on the map when the objective is kill boss or seize is a waste of your limited weapon uses. 

With that hat being said, I’m curious if not having access to the shop would actually matter in terms of just finishing the game. I’m thinking it wouldn’t matter. 

22 hours ago, Hawk King said:

The old-school elitist in me wants to just ask “why are you wasting so many weapon uses” and leave. 

If not having access to the shops is really that limiting to the point where you could run out of weapon uses and not be able to finish the game, wouldn’t you want to use as few weapon uses as possible? In this run you certainly don’t care about turn counts so you should only be using Seth, Eirika, and 1 or 2 units of each weapon type.

Also, spreading out and killing every enemy on the map when the objective is kill boss or seize is a waste of your limited weapon uses. 

With that hat being said, I’m curious if not having access to the shop would actually matter in terms of just finishing the game. I’m thinking it wouldn’t matter. 

Well yeah I'm trying to conserve as much as possible. I also prefer just using swords more than anything because they suck more than lances and axes plus more units can use them. Also yes I am trying to finish seize/kill boss maps asap, but early on, I want units like Vanessa and Franz to get exp to promote which will benefit me more in the future. Although my next post involves a lot less combat for seize/kill boss.

Edited by A Boy
Needed to add more stuff

Chapter 9-13 done

This one took a while, but it's done. I decided that I'll just stream the challenge on the weekends.

Also spoilers:

Ye I forgot to get Cormag, but I already saved and it would have been too much of a hassle to get him anyway so rip.

Edited by A Boy
forgot forgot cormag

last part of the challenge. Just the rest f midgame to endgame. The making of these videos have gotten more sloppy, but it's done now.

Also I did make many errors in this run and use weapons when I didn't need to. If anyone else want to try something like that, I doubt it would be hard to do it in less item uses than me.

Dunno what I'll do now. Maybe another no shop challenge, who knows.

Cya