Von Plays Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade (Hector Normal) (Randomized)

Von Ithipathachai

Introduction

Hello everyone!  So I'm going to try my hand at a randomized Let's Play of Blazing Blade.  This'll give me something else interesting to do while I think about Support chain ideas for Sanctaea Chronicles.

Here are my settings.  It won't be anything too crazy, I don't think.  I'm not going to randomize items.

dcy34e6-17a3f46e-7825-40ee-bca5-b263b5ad

It's too bad characters in originally gender-locked classes won't be able to use new sprites.  I guess we'll just have to pretend they're in drag.

So yeah...  I think that's all I have to say for this intro.  Anyway, let's give this thing a spin!

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

Part 1: A Tale of Two Nomads

I was originally going to start on Lyn Mode, but the game kept resetting on Enemy Phase in the Prologue when I did that.  So unfortunately we're going to have to do Hector Normal instead.

dcy3dls-c574cd3c-1e25-4ab8-88d7-8445350c

We're going to be skipping tactician creation and story and getting right into the good stuff.

dcy3duq-e07580aa-80e0-4e75-9cff-61c11881

dcy3eib-5ac68a86-441d-4830-b58a-9d51af09

Well, we're off to an interesting start.

dcy3epu-c0e77832-f7b6-485c-9176-1e94b324

The Lord of this randomized run appears to be everyone's favorite mutton memelord, Dorcas!  You cannot make this crap up.

I'll put his stats in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

Playable Character

Name: Dorcas

Replaces: Hector

Class: Nomad

Affinity: Thunder

Base Stats (Growth Rates): HP: 17 (5%); Str: 5 (35%); Skl: 6 (55%); Spd: 7 (50%); Lck: 4 (25%); Def: 8 (110%); Res: 6 (25%); Mov: 7; Con: 10

Usable Weapons (Ranks): Bow (C)

Base Inventory: Ballista, Killer Bow

Only thing that could possibly make this any better is if he had a Poison Bow.  Alas, he does not.  He does, however, have a friggin' Ballista of all things.  And a Killer Bow.  Unfortunately, he doesn't have any more durable weapons, so we'll have to use him sparingly for now.

As a unit, he's going to be very awkward to use.  His HP will be virtually nonexistent, and his offensive growths aren't too hot, but every Level Up will give him a guaranteed point of Def.  Too bad he won't be able to put it to use at close range where enemies will want to attack him most.  He'll have to stay far away from magic users, too.

Now let's take a look at his partner in crime.

dcy3g1s-41b8f3ee-bd92-4eb5-9b3e-8f490053

Spoiler

Playable Character

Name: Lyn

Replaces: Matthew

Class: Nomad

Affinity: Fire

Base Stats (Growth Rates): HP: 16 (40%); Str: 7 (75%); Skl: 7 (15%); Spd: 5 (50%); Lck: 0 (85%); Def: 4 (35%); Res: 0 (35%); Mov: 7; Con: 7

Usable Weapons (Ranks): Bow (C)

Base Inventory: Short Bow, Door Key, Chest Key

Lyn looks to be a serious glass cannon.  Her durability will be poor, but she has an excellent 75% Str growth rate.  Her terrible Skl growth rate will be troublesome, though.

She too is stuck with a low-durability weapon for this chapter, which really sucks.

We have no healing items and can only unlock one door.  We'll have to rely entirely on wall breaking to get through the rest of the chapter.  This ought to be swell.

Now let's take a look at the boss.  Ooh, boy.

dcy3h5q-1bf70424-27cf-4ee6-a03b-72f64e88

Spoiler

Boss

Name: Wire

Class: Shaman

Affinity: Fire

Stats: HP: 16; Mag: 8; Skl: 8; Spd: 5; Lck: 8; Def: 5; Res: 8; Mov: 5; Con: 7

Usable Weapons (Ranks): Dark (D)

Inventory: Flux, Vulnerary

We have to kill him to clear the chapter.

We start by breaking down the left wall, and the enemies immediately rush us.

dcy3i49-fa5f7b79-c32d-4da2-81de-b0c7d3cb

First we have Lyn take out the left Soldier, then we have Dorcas attack the Archer behind him.

dcy3iom-469c07cc-976a-417f-9019-ced7d7e3

Lyn strikes down the Soldier in a single blow from atop her blue horse, Babe.

dcy3j01-ab06e617-8cda-44c5-b57a-4bf24dc9

Unfortunately, Dorcas needs another round before he can kill the Archer.  Thankfully we get his Vulnerary, so we have a little more flexibility now.

We unlock the door to the Chest and have Dorcas take out one of the Soldiers from behind the wall.  Curiously, none of them try to break down walls to reach us themselves.

dcy3n2h-ff4fc6c1-e94e-4fca-8099-3a585104

Lyn grabs a Red Gem from the Chest while Dorcas takes out the last Soldier with a Critical Hit.

dcy3nlw-e3f4841c-acc4-4980-bd48-706441e4

Dorcas's first Level Up.  This will probably be typical of him.

The other Archers go after Dorcas a well and he takes them both out.  His Killer Bow is already halfway used up.

With all enemies besides Wire and a Knight gone, we break down the second wall with the Short Bow over two turns.  Sadly, neither Dorcas nor Lyn is strong enough to kill the Knight quickly and with few weapon uses, so we're forced to ignore him and miss out on a second Vulnerary.

We put Dorcas in Wire's range and wait for him to attack first.

dcy3p2c-4f21f48f-bbc0-4b1d-90db-b59d6226

What a beautiful negative palette.  Dorcas is able to one-round him.

dcy3pey-4ea2adb6-2d37-421c-bf1e-d49c5459

He gets a slightly better-quality Level Up out of it.  And so this part ends.

Look in the spoiler below if you want to see a summary of how everyone grew in this chapter.

Spoiler

Character growth in this chapter:

• Dorcas: 2 Levels (+1 Str, +2 Skl, +1 Spd, +2 Def)
Edited by Von Ithipathachai