Jump to content
Swift Saturn

Suggestions for what FE games I should play next (after playing the GBA ones religously)

Recommended Posts

OK, so as you may have noticed already, I'm in desperate need to expand my horizon when it comes to this franchise. I've been exposed to the GBA titles (all of them) too much, and have little to no experience or exposure with essentially all the other FE titles (other than Heroes). All I would like to know is where I should go next in the series, and how to handle those titles. For those who are looking to recommend me specific titles, I implore you to elaborate by informing me of some ways I can be playing the game in an efficient and smart way. 

I'd really like to appreciate this series for its entirety, and not just be a purist for a select few titles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jugdral(Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776 on the SNES) and the Tellius(Path of Radiance on the Gamecube and Radiant Dawn on the Wii) games are solid choices after the GBA games.

Mechanically they're a step up in a lot of ways from the GBA games, but not so foreign or weird that they'd be off-putting. The GBA games were a response to the Jugdral games, taking their mechanics and simplifying them. In-turn, the Tellius games kind of brought back a lot of what the GBA games took away. Either way you should be able to grasp either of these sets.

They're also, narratively, probably the most well constructed FE games, so that's a nice bonus. If your PC is decent enough, you can play the Tellius games. But if not, whatever you use to post here should be strong enough to handle SNES emulators. You'll need translation patches, though.

Edited by Slumber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slumber said:

The Jugdral(Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776 on the SNES) and the Tellius(Path of Radiance on the Gamecube and Radiant Dawn on the Wii) games are solid choices after the GBA games.

Mechanically they're a step up in a lot of ways from the GBA games, but not so foreign or weird that they'd be off-putting. The GBA games were a response to the Jugdral games, taking their mechanics and simplifying them. In-turn, the Tellius games kind of brought back a lot of what the GBA games took away. Either way you should be able to grasp either of these sets.

They're also, narratively, probably the most well constructed FE games, so that's a nice bonus.

Yeah, I've been really tempted to play the SNES titles after years of playing the GBA ones, especially Genealogy due to its common praise of being the magnum opus of the series. I just needed some input to give me that push in the right direction from here on out. I'll see how the rest of this plays out so I can make a decision that not only respects you guys but what I feel would benefit me as a FE player the most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Swift Saturn said:

Yeah, I've been really tempted to play the SNES titles after years of playing the GBA ones, especially Genealogy due to its common praise of being the magnum opus of the series. I just needed some input to give me that push in the right direction from here on out. I'll see how the rest of this plays out so I can make a decision that not only respects you guys but what I feel would benefit me as a FE player the most.

If you go for FE4, just keep in mind it is one of the "oddball" entries in the series. It's constructed like an FE game, but the pace of the gameplay is unlike any other in the franchise.

Once you get to FE5, that's the game that kind of set the mold for what FE is and has been since that game. It's a brutal game to play blind, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

If you go for FE4, just keep in mind it is one of the "oddball" entries in the series. It's constructed like an FE game, but the pace of the gameplay is unlike any other in the franchise.

Once you get to FE5, that's the game that kind of set the mold for what FE is and has been since that game. It's a brutal game to play blind, though.

As I said before, I'm tempted to go to those two next, but after remembering some of the features more exclusive to those series, like the huge maps (especially in FE4's case), makes me a bit hesitant. But I don't know, maybe the big maps won't be an issue. After all, I play FE6 a lot, which also has some pretty hefty maps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I'd recommend the Tellius games, and stay as far away from Jugdral as humanly possible. The Jugdral games, to be frank, are really hard to play, and it's easy to wind up getting bored of them.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well i have a personal fondness for fe11, id say its better to only take a look at those if you have an interest in them. otherwise, the tellius games are a solid two entries  and well fe4 and 5 are very kaga esque in design and feel they have some really neat ideas and mechanics here and there that i kinda wish the fe series would experiment with more so they are atleast worth checking out even if its just from a distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would highly recommend the Tellius series. I've heard high praises for those games, so it would be an excellent place to go after the GBA titles.

I would also recommend the Jugdral series. As @Shadow Mir said, they're hard to play. However, I would give those games a shot to at least see what the series was at that point in time and to see what they have to offer.

Anyway, it's all your decision, so don't feel pressured to go in a certain direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The natural progression from the GBA games is to hit up Path of Radiance next, then Radiant Dawn. They're mechanically similar enough while adding some of their own stuff.

I...hesitate to recommend the Jugdral games. Genealogy is a good game, but dated in multiple ways, both in gameplay and story. Thracia, imo, isn't a good game at all, and I wouldn't recommend it unless you happen to really love Genealogy.

Shadow Dragon and New Mystery may be remakes, but you should treat them like older games since they tend to be even simpler than the GBA titles. Play them whenever you want, just have that in mind.

Regardless, play the 3DS games last. If you enjoy them, it may be hard to go back to older titles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like most of the people, I would recommend the Tellius series now (FE9/10). They're a great way to getting used to the skill system, what makes them pretty good for a ''before FE4/5'' type of gameplan. The story, characters, game balance are also pretty good at the Tellius series. Well....I mean, at least on FE9...While I didn't finish FE10, I'm going to say to stay away from it for a little time..FE10 is a little different from most Fire Emblems, with high caps, ''60'' level cap (3rd-tier promotions) and all that. Don't worry tough, FE10 it's a good game. I just don't think it's a ''mid-beginner'' (please, don't take that as a offense) game.

I could go about Archanea Saga as well, but...I'm quite sleepy right now, so yeah, sorry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awakening and Fates are mechanically somewhat similar to Sacred Stones - they allow you to grind through skirmish battles on all the maps you played on so far, have branching promotions for almost every class, and more pronounced class skills (like the assassin's Lethality/Silencer that has a chance of killing an enemy in one hit).  Fates is split into multiple paths (that are sold separately unless you buy the Special Edition, which is probably crazy expensive) though, so I wouldn't recommend you initially dive into that because it might cost you a pretty penny (typically $60-$80 for all the paths).  Echoes also has skirmishes and skills, and the game it's based on (FE Gaiden) is also the main inspiration for a lot of aspects of Sacred Stones, although it has more archaic gameplay than most other FE games.

Mystery of the Emblem (Monsho no Nazo) and Genealogy of the Holy War (Seisen no Keifu) are my next recommendations.  Both serve as substantial inspirations for a lot of Binding Blade - a lot of the plot elements in Binding Blade are similar to Mystery of the Emblem, and the divine weapons are quite similar conceptually to the holy crusader weapons in Genealogy.  Genealogy also has a bit of archaic gameplay, but I'd say the story is worth it.  Might also introduce you to the generation mechanic if you don't want to play Awakening or Fates immediately.  Mystery is mechanically a more simplified Binding Blade, but it's both an oldie and a goldie.

New Mystery of the Emblem (also known as Heroes of Light and Shadow - the full Japanese title is Fire Emblem: Shin Monsho no Nazo Hikari to Kage no Eiyu) is another game worth checking out.  A remake of Mystery's second story (Book 2), but unlike the predecessor DS remake, it has a lot of features you might expect from the GBA Fire Emblem games, particularly Blazing Blade, including supports, and it also has an avatar feature (not like Blazing Blade's; it's an actual unit you can use) that can be interesting.

1 hour ago, Swift Saturn said:

As I said before, I'm tempted to go to those two next, but after remembering some of the features more exclusive to those series, like the huge maps (especially in FE4's case), makes me a bit hesitant. But I don't know, maybe the big maps won't be an issue. After all, I play FE6 a lot, which also has some pretty hefty maps. 

I will say a couple things about the big maps (they're only really a substantial part of Genealogy).

One, you can save during chapters.  Not bookmark, outright hard saves that you can go back to as many times as you like.  Not only that, but there's also an auto-save feature which, if you turn on through the options menu, will save your progress in one of four slots every turn.

And two, the big maps are kind of offset by the small quantity of chapters.  Including the Prologue and Endgame chapters, there are only 12 chapters.  They are just really huge chapters that all have a lot happening in each of them (well, most of them).  Although sometimes they're extremely tedious to traverse for everyone except the horse units and fliers (there's a reason some call it "Horse Emblem"), the length of the game as a whole is about the same as any other FE game.

Also, don't be afraid to look some things up or ask questions about the game.  It's a big game with lots of archaic mechanics.  That isn't to say the game is difficult (in fact, it's very, very easy if you only use the most powerful units in the game), but it can be confusing at times, so no one will fault you for seeking guides or assistance.

Though honestly, maybe try some more of the other FE games before going to Jugdral.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, let's start with calling out the obvious games to play.

 

Awakening is a must, it's probably the best 3ds game. The story is good (it's consistent and even with it's flaws (which some were adressed with other entries), it is still overall great). The combat is pseudo broken (pair ups) but can be fixed if you force yourself to not abuse it, by using other units or simply doing challenge runs and whatnot. The characterization is also very good for the game, if you ignore characters like Nah, or Tharja (who is horrible), or avoid supports that are heavily cliched like Chrom x Olivia and whatnot. I for one don't really recommend Fates if you like the story at all, but if you're in it solely for gameplay, play Conquest and forget the other two. And Echoes, well I recommend it, but it's a very oddball game. It's enjoyable, but to get the full story and full feel for the game, not to mention overclasses, you have to pay for DLC, so I would only recommend it if you are okay with playing it once or twice and then just leaving it alone.

I easily recommend Genealogy. However, it isn't the gem many make it out to be in my eyes. It's story is flawed (Sigurd for the most part makes it hard to take the story seriously at times), and the gameplay can be a bit, if not very taxing with the enormous maps, but it's still a good game overall. If you're used to characterization in the GBA era I will warn you, it isn't great for the majority of the cast. Tharcia is also good, but the game doesn't have a very stable patch rn. One is being worked on to translate both the menus and the story, but as of now you can only translate one or the other, so I'd ask you to wait (it's also pretty brutal gameplay wise, mostly due to the lack of visibility)

And Tellius, should be played by anyone, at anytime. Games are incredible and supremely fun, no matter the game.

I for one like New Mystery, that is, if you don't mind my units. Kris is rather forced, and is shown to be a great warrior who has Tharja level obssession (or Camilla levels) to Marth, and it would seem good if he didn't literally jump in the way of fights to stop Marth from even getting scratched. So Marth in some ways looses a few cool points, but not enough to destroy the game entirely. Shadow Dragon is good, but I tend to like New Mystery better. These 2 are very similar however.And Tellius, should be played by anyone, at anytime. Games are incredible and supremely fun, no matter the game

 

If I had to pick a game for you to play next, and since you've placed the GBA games, I'd tell you to play Genealogy (Thracia when project Exile is done), then Shadow Dragon and New Mystery, followed by Echoes if you can, PoR and RD, and finally Awakening  (Fates if you feel like you can take the bad story)

Why in this order you may ask? Well, the mainline series (Genealogy, and Archanaea) are in the same universe, and the overarching world story follows this format, with Ike making his way to Archanaea between New Mystery and Awakening (according to Fire Emblem Cipher and his own ending) so I always recommend it this way. It'll also allow you to understand each reference in Awakening (since it's meant to be IS' love letter before they almost died as a company), which has many, dating back to brands from Genealogy to the subtle hints as to how Grima was formed, and even Priam (who holds Ragnell, Ike's cape, and even looks a bit like Greil if you ask me)


TLDR: Genealogy/Thracia(Project Exile), Shadow Dragon, Echoes, New Mystery, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Awakening, maybe Fates if you feel up to it

 

 

 

 

Edited by ArgentSable
Edited for missing paragraph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After reading the responses, I've started to lean more towards playing some of the DS titles next (especially New Mystery of the Emblem), then I'll go to the Tellius titles. Since both New Mystery of the Emblem and the Tellius games are mechanically similar to both 6 and 7, I'd probably have the most fun going there next. The 3DS titles I'd probably play dead last in terms of the series, mostly because it's the only 3 games in the series I can't easily get, and also the fact that I've tried playing the 3DS titles via a friend a while ago, and I didn't have nearly as much fun as any other FE title with it. Sorry 3DS era fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want a good story, go for Fe4, granted the gameplay is only on the lowest side of acceptable, saved by its unique mechanics.

If you want a good gameplay mixed with some good challenge go either with Thracia or New Mystery. The former is basically FE4 but with better gameplay and the latter has the best customizations for your avatar, since you can select his class.

Never played Tellius games and I heard mixed options. From what I saw I like POR a bit more tho.

I know you discarded 3DS era but things can change so I will say some things about those

Awakening: the game itself can be fun because all those reclassing and extra levels but if you played FE6 Hard Mode and finished it, you'll find it really easy unless it's Lunatic. And Lunatic/Lunatic+ requires you to do a perfect plan that can easily be ruined by RNG.

Birthright: less easy than Awakening but still quite the breeze since Ryoma exists. People says that without him, the game is actually challenging.

Conquest: easily my favorite when it comes to gameplay, challenging but fair (except for Lunatic!Endgame), almost perfect balance for the characters (pretty much everyone can be used without too many issues. Right Wendy?), many options for your units due to the reclass system, finding new combinations of class and skills is just a blast in my opinion. The story is pretty bad but it has some good moments here and there, and chapters from 22 to endgame are enjoyable from a story perspective. I mean, at least I liked the final arc but idk about you guys.

Revelations: ugh. Some custom maps are nice but most of the new maps are ass (looking at you, Sumeragi) and the recycled maps are made worse (Chapter 10 of Conquest, what did they do to you? ;3; ) The story is okay-ish though, but Yukimura is super dumb here. Also the best game if you want to do PVP or min max your units, but I'd rather not play it ever again.

Echoes: bleah. The story is cool and all but even the genius that is Berkut's writing couldn't save it from the awful gameplay. The mechanics aren't that bad but the maps are... Urgh.

Also avoid heroes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tellius has to be one of my favorites in the series as well as Echoes. I'd say Echoes is hit-or-miss. Most people who talk about it, it was a miss for them. I myself thoroughly enjoyed it.

As much hate as Fateswakening gets, they can be fun to play. I wouldn't even be a fan of this series if I hadn't played Fates.

Jugdral doesn't have a full translation yet last I remember, so I recommend playing other games first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kaze's favourite pillow said:

If you want a good story, go for Fe4, granted the gameplay is only on the lowest side of acceptable, saved by its unique mechanics.

If you want a good gameplay mixed with some good challenge go either with Thracia or New Mystery. The former is basically FE4 but with better gameplay and the latter has the best customizations for your avatar, since you can select his class.

Never played Tellius games and I heard mixed options. From what I saw I like POR a bit more tho.

I know you discarded 3DS era but things can change so I will say some things about those

Awakening: the game itself can be fun because all those reclassing and extra levels but if you played FE6 Hard Mode and finished it, you'll find it really easy unless it's Lunatic. And Lunatic/Lunatic+ requires you to do a perfect plan that can easily be ruined by RNG.

Birthright: less easy than Awakening but still quite the breeze since Ryoma exists. People says that without him, the game is actually challenging.

Conquest: easily my favorite when it comes to gameplay, challenging but fair (except for Lunatic!Endgame), almost perfect balance for the characters (pretty much everyone can be used without too many issues. Right Wendy?), many options for your units due to the reclass system, finding new combinations of class and skills is just a blast in my opinion. The story is pretty bad but it has some good moments here and there, and chapters from 22 to endgame are enjoyable from a story perspective. I mean, at least I liked the final arc but idk about you guys.

Revelations: ugh. Some custom maps are nice but most of the new maps are ass (looking at you, Sumeragi) and the recycled maps are made worse (Chapter 10 of Conquest, what did they do to you? ;3; ) The story is okay-ish though, but Yukimura is super dumb here. Also the best game if you want to do PVP or min max your units, but I'd rather not play it ever again.

Echoes: bleah. The story is cool and all but even the genius that is Berkut's writing couldn't save it from the awful gameplay. The mechanics aren't that bad but the maps are... Urgh.

Also avoid heroes.

 

I honestly wouldn't say FE4's story is that good, if we're being honest. Gen 1 is okay, but Sigurd's lack of logical forethough (dude ignores prophecies as if they're not real, and he has a Holy sword he can use). I will agree with the gameplay being saved only due to being niche. The work it takes to walk through a map (and or a desert *shudders* is literally an eternity).

And to be honest, I wouldn't say "avoid Heroes". If he's okay with playing the game and simply taking it as a way to waste some time between things (doctor's office, or something that you're just waiting for) it's quite good for that, since, it was obviously made to be played in short bursts.

45 minutes ago, Swift Saturn said:

After reading the responses, I've started to lean more towards playing some of the DS titles next (especially New Mystery of the Emblem), then I'll go to the Tellius titles. Since both New Mystery of the Emblem and the Tellius games are mechanically similar to both 6 and 7, I'd probably have the most fun going there next. The 3DS titles I'd probably play dead last in terms of the series, mostly because it's the only 3 games in the series I can't easily get, and also the fact that I've tried playing the 3DS titles via a friend a while ago, and I didn't have nearly as much fun as any other FE title with it. Sorry 3DS era fans.

Hmm, what 3DS games did you play I wonder? They're fun, for sure, perhaps not as difficult as some of the other FE's (you have to play Hard or Lunatic for a challenge) but they're still relatively good. I'll still recommend them if you can ever get your hands on a 3DS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

I honestly wouldn't say FE4's story is that good, if we're being honest. Gen 1 is okay, but Sigurd's lack of logical forethough (dude ignores prophecies as if they're not real, and he has a Holy sword he can use). I will agree with the gameplay being saved only due to being niche. The work it takes to walk through a map (and or a desert *shudders* is literally an eternity).

And to be honest, I wouldn't say "avoid Heroes". If he's okay with playing the game and simply taking it as a way to waste some time between things (doctor's office, or something that you're just waiting for) it's quite good for that, since, it was obviously made to be played in short bursts.

Hmm, what 3DS games did you play I wonder? They're fun, for sure, perhaps not as difficult as some of the other FE's (you have to play Hard or Lunatic for a challenge) but they're still relatively good. I'll still recommend them if you can ever get your hands on a 3DS.

I played a good amount of Awakening and a small section of Fates not too long ago, just didn't have nearly as much fun as any other FE game I've played. Also the fact that I can't get them easily since it requires me to go back and invest in a seemingly dead console kinda kills it for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swift Saturn said:

I played a good amount of Awakening and a small section of Fates not too long ago, just didn't have nearly as much fun as any other FE game I've played. Also the fact that I can't get them easily since it requires me to go back and invest in a seemingly dead console kinda kills it for me

Ehh I wouldn't say the 3DS is dead per se, there's a bunch of great RPG's for the 3DS and the console is rather cheap as of late (FE obviously, SMT if you want another good series of games, and much more). But yeah I can see your point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Swift Saturn said:

After reading the responses, I've started to lean more towards playing some of the DS titles next (especially New Mystery of the Emblem), then I'll go to the Tellius titles. Since both New Mystery of the Emblem and the Tellius games are mechanically similar to both 6 and 7, I'd probably have the most fun going there next. The 3DS titles I'd probably play dead last in terms of the series, mostly because it's the only 3 games in the series I can't easily get, and also the fact that I've tried playing the 3DS titles via a friend a while ago, and I didn't have nearly as much fun as any other FE title with it. Sorry 3DS era fans.

New Mystery of the Emblem seemed pretty good, but there wasn't a translation so I didn't play it through. However, if you are going to play shadow dragon, set your expectations low. It's one of the worst of the series.. but it is nice to be able to play the first fire emblem and still worth playing once. If you find you like some of the older games like FE4 and Thracia, you can also consider playing Tear ring saga or Berwick saga (as well as the upcoming Vestaria saga) created by the founder of the series, Kaga. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Swift Saturn said:

After reading the responses, I've started to lean more towards playing some of the DS titles next (especially New Mystery of the Emblem), then I'll go to the Tellius titles. Since both New Mystery of the Emblem and the Tellius games are mechanically similar to both 6 and 7, I'd probably have the most fun going there next.

New Mystery is the first game I went to after playing Awakening, pretty much.  So I definitely don't think it's bad to start with that game after having played the GBA games.  Be sure to use best girl Catria, she's one of the best units in the game.

I still haven't played through the Tellius games all the way, but it's all Fire Emblem, so imo it's all bound to be at least decent.

I get the 3DS games aren't for everyone.  Mechanically, Awakening isn't very stimulating a challenge (or it's complete BS in the case of Lunatic), Revelation just has terrible map design, Birthright's got a lot of rout and defeat boss missions, Echoes is weird, and I just can't seem to get over my problems with the story in Conquest.  But eh, no creation is complete without its imperfections, and that means you can't ever please everyone.

3 hours ago, ArgentSable said:

Ehh I wouldn't say the 3DS is dead per se, there's a bunch of great RPG's for the 3DS and the console is rather cheap as of late (FE obviously, SMT if you want another good series of games, and much more).

I personally feel like Nintendo is just stringing it along the Switch's lifespan so that they can keep milking the 70+ million sales they got for the system until it become irrelevant or clear that people aren't willing to buy games on the system anymore.  That isn't to say the 3DS is bad, it's just I think they're not really providing actual support for the console so much as feigning support by slapping on more titles for it.  Some of which are great, like Warioware, but still...  I'm just saying I can see why some people say it's dead.

Anyway, if you want a nice, cheap deal, the Nintendo 2DS is pretty much the Nintendo 3DS except without the 3D (which is more a gimmick/novelty than anything) and the standard model only costs, like, $80.  Or even the New Nintendo 2DS XL costs half of what the 3DS counterparts cost back in the day, mostly costing sub-$200 (one I saw on ebay for as low as $120), yet you get all the other great features of the New Nintendo 3DS XL minus the 3D feature.  There are a lot of great games besides FE on the console, so I highly recommend it regardless of how you feel about the 3DS FE games.

3 minutes ago, wslegolas said:

It's one of the worst of the series..

Don't tell that to Eclipse

Eh, I think there are worse.  It doesn't have some of the better appreciated features like supports, but it's better than playing through the severely outdated NES version of the game.  And if you're adjusted to more modern FE's and want a little bit more story than the SNES title can offer, it might be the best option for experiencing Marth's first story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

New Mystery is the first game I went to after playing Awakening, pretty much.  So I definitely don't think it's bad to start with that game after having played the GBA games.  Be sure to use best girl Catria, she's one of the best units in the game.

I still haven't played through the Tellius games all the way, but it's all Fire Emblem, so imo it's all bound to be at least decent.

I get the 3DS games aren't for everyone.  Mechanically, Awakening isn't very stimulating a challenge (or it's complete BS in the case of Lunatic), Revelation just has terrible map design, Birthright's got a lot of rout and defeat boss missions, Echoes is weird, and I just can't seem to get over my problems with the story in Conquest.  But eh, no creation is complete without its imperfections, and that means you can't ever please everyone.

I personally feel like Nintendo is just stringing it along the Switch's lifespan so that they can keep milking the 70+ million sales they got for the system until it become irrelevant or clear that people aren't willing to buy games on the system anymore.  That isn't to say the 3DS is bad, it's just I think they're not really providing actual support for the console so much as feigning support by slapping on more titles for it.  Some of which are great, like Warioware, but still...  I'm just saying I can see why some people say it's dead.

Anyway, if you want a nice, cheap deal, the Nintendo 2DS is pretty much the Nintendo 3DS except without the 3D (which is more a gimmick/novelty than anything) and the standard model only costs, like, $80.  Or even the New Nintendo 2DS XL costs half of what the 3DS counterparts cost back in the day, mostly costing sub-$200 (one I saw on ebay for as low as $120), yet you get all the other great features of the New Nintendo 3DS XL minus the 3D feature.  There are a lot of great games besides FE on the console, so I highly recommend it regardless of how you feel about the 3DS FE games.

Don't tell that to Eclipse

Eh, I think there are worse.  It doesn't have some of the better appreciated features like supports, but it's better than playing through the severely outdated NES version of the game.  And if you're adjusted to more modern FE's and want a little bit more story than the SNES title can offer, it might be the best option for experiencing Marth's first story.

Yeah I agree that Nintendo is milking the system a bit in terms of recent time. The problem isn't me getting the console itself, since I already have a New 3DS XL, it's the fact that games like Fates and Awakening which are several years old are still 40 dollars, which is really what kills it for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Swift Saturn said:

Yeah I agree that Nintendo is milking the system a bit in terms of recent time. The problem isn't me getting the console itself, since I already have a New 3DS XL, it's the fact that games like Fates and Awakening which are several years old are still 40 dollars, which is really what kills it for me. 

Oh, right...

I guess it is the company that thinks you should pay $15-$30 for 20+ year old games, so unfortunately there's not much doing there except to find the games at cheap prices.  Though in the case of Fates, you're SoL, since that's always gonna be pricey thanks to the shameless business practice of splitting the game up into three "paths" and them making you buy two of the paths digitally.

Sometimes I have issues with Nintendo.  Great games, but they're real damn stingy and sometimes really shady about the business side of things.  But yeah, I don't know if your problem there is ever going to be fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Oh, right...

I guess it is the company that thinks you should pay $15-$30 for 20+ year old games, so unfortunately there's not much doing there except to find the games at cheap prices.  Though in the case of Fates, you're SoL, since that's always gonna be pricey thanks to the shameless business practice of splitting the game up into three "paths" and them making you buy two of the paths digitally.

Sometimes I have issues with Nintendo.  Great games, but they're real damn stingy and sometimes really shady about the business side of things.  But yeah, I don't know if your problem there is ever going to be fixed.

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...