Suggestions for what FE games I should play next (after playing the GBA ones religously)

Swift Saturn

8 hours ago, Kaze's favourite pillow said:

If you want a good story, go for Fe4, granted the gameplay is only on the lowest side of acceptable, saved by its unique mechanics.

If you want a good gameplay mixed with some good challenge go either with Thracia or New Mystery. The former is basically FE4 but with better gameplay and the latter has the best customizations for your avatar, since you can select his class.

I would say FE4's unique mechanics make it a slow, clunky, and unplayable mess, to be honest; Thracia ain't much better, in addition to having some mechanics that are just really damn awful (and I would even go so far as to say they're automatic dealbreakers).

Edited by Shadow Mir

To be honest, I'd probably wait until Three Houses and Tellius/Jugdral updated remakes come out. In terms of story, I've been quite uninterested about the most recent entries (and gameplay for Awakening and Shadow Dragon). As much as I'd rather experience the epic political fictions of Jugdral and Tellius for the older entries, unless if you get them emulated, you'll be spending an arm and a leg for any existing copies. (I've seen prices for the Tellius games go up to US$100!)

Actually, I lied. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed the twist FE had with it's modern-day Japanese pop culture interpretation. It's also the only game where I actually loved the songs from a genre I usually hate. It's also what started my interest with Atlus in general, and the Persona franchise in perticular. If you have a Wii U (and haven't played Persona yet), give that a try.

On 1/28/2019 at 10:29 AM, Swift Saturn said:

Yeah I agree that Nintendo is milking the system a bit in terms of recent time. The problem isn't me getting the console itself, since I already have a New 3DS XL, it's the fact that games like Fates and Awakening which are several years old are still 40 dollars, which is really what kills it for me. 

The only real way to get around that is to sell them at EBay once you are done, really. (At least the resale value is pretty good.)

Edited by henrymidfields