Which of the FE lords, excluding Chrom, Robin, and Corrin, would be the best at acting as guardians for the 2nd generations of Awakening and Fates?

Roland

So, I came up with a question that I thought would be interesting. Say that the 2nd generation of Awakening and Fates are left in the care of one of the lords from the previous Fire Emblem games. Among them, who would be the best at watching over them, or "babysitting" if we have to use a term, in your opinion? The only rule is that we cannot count Chrom, Robin, or Corrin.

Edited by Roland

Probably Ike.Micaiah could take care of Sothe just fine, she'll be fine.

Micaiah could take care of Sothe just fine, she'll be fine.

Micaiah can't even protect herself from a group of Begnion soldiers, let alone anyone else.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

3 minutes ago, Decerd said:

None of them. They don't have any experience or time for children, and they'd probably just abandon them outright.

Except Ike went after Mist and Rolf at the beginning of PoR.

26 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

That is not taking care of children. Parenting and saving children from bandits is a whole other thing. Any lord could do that.

Honestly, I'd say Sigurd would be good as a guardian to the teenage characters for certain and we've seen him raise Seliph for a time so I'd put him as a candidate.

Aside from then, possibly post-Mystery Marth and Ike (I'd have to see RD first) might be up there. Alm and Celia as a duo are also a possibility, though I'd have to wonder how good they'd be at raising them. None of these are solid picks mind and the only one I could see who's displayed both guardianship and raising is Sigurd.

Sigurd, Eliwood, and Hector, as they are the only lords (outside of the Fateswakening protagonists) in the series who actually wind up having children.  The latter two would have a better chance given that they lived with their kids long enough for them to actually be able to lead nations and fight as powerful a kingdom as Bern.

Maybe post War of Heroes Marth as well since he eventually has children, or else Chrom and co wouldn't have ever existed.  And anyone else who winds up having children, either during the course of their games.

If it's during the events of the games they're playable in (not counting bonus stuff like Trial Maps and Spotpass heroes), then Sigurd would probably be the only one that'd be in any way experienced, and that really isn't promising since he barely has time to take care of Seliph in the precious couple of years he shares with him, nor does he really take care of Oifaye or Shannan in a parenting sort of way.  Though by a personality standard, Sigurd's got a heart of gold and the most "dad-like" personality out of all the lords in the series, so with his limited experience I could see him rearing the children pretty decently.

It would have to be any of the Lords who we have actually seen had children, so the most fitting Lords would be Sigurd, Eliwood, or Hector. Hector and Sigurd kind of die and leave their kids prematurely, and Sigurd died when Seliph was around 2-3 years old, so Seliph didn't get much time with his father. I would also argue that Eliwood isn't exactly the best candidate either since he's sick during the events of Binding Blade. If we're talking about these characters in their prime (so Eliwood and Hector before they get all old and crotchety), Sigurd would be the best Lord to take up the task, since he was still technically in his prime when he died. Not only that, but the other members of Sigurd's army had children too, so he's at least been around children besides his own. 

3 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Ignore him. He has something against the older games and anyone that likes them. What happens when you take what elitists say way too seriously.

Anyways, like some here said, I think Hector and Eliwood would be the best guardians. Though if I had to throw my two cents in, I think Roy could work too.

3 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I meant as in raising and taking care of children, which none of them could even do aside from Hector and Eliwood. Most of them are all gloom and doom and "War never changes" type of characters that would have a hard time raising kids. The only exceptions are Hector and Eliwood.

9 minutes ago, Roland said:

Ignore him. He has something against the older games and anyone that likes them. What happens when you take what elitists say way too seriously.

Aw, you do care! /s

Time to put forth a new contender, but Celica. There are a lot of Gen 2 children, more than one person could reasonably handle if they didn't have experience dealing with numerous children. Celica was raised, and helped out at the Novis Priory, and Priories in Valentia double as orphanages. Celica has at least some experience raising masses of children, and knows people who do so professionally. For the Fates kids, who are stated to be hidden away to avoid the war, Celica has her own experiences to draw on for maintaining the safety of that kind of secrecy. Additionally she has could help those poor kids deal with the trauma of absent parents having experienced a similar situation herself.

I would say Eliwood and Hector, because they're the only ones that have been seen as parents in the series. Roy and Lilina turned out pretty good, so I they can handle it.

Although the best dad in the series is Finn, no question.

19 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I would say Eliwood and Hector, because they're the only ones that have been seen as parents in the series. Roy and Lilina turned out pretty good, so I they can handle it.

You're forgetting Sigurd.  He's been a father for two years, so he'd count.  More than I can say for the Fates parents, anyway.

20 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Yeah, he's pretty good.

Though I gotta give props to Oifaye for being a total bro and looking out for Sigurd's kid.  I'd almost say the same for Shannan, but his bond with Seliph is more like that of an older brother.

39 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Shame he isn't a lord, he'd have been far and away my first choice (as an aside, the lack of Finn emblem is disheartening).

And while I didn't put Eliwood in the post, I would consider him a possibility as well (more than Hector at least, who has a better chance than most because he raises Lilina post BS)

20 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

You're forgetting Sigurd.  He's been a father for two years, so he'd count.  More than I can say for the Fates parents, anyway.

Yeah, he's pretty good.

Though I gotta give props to Oifaye for being a total bro and looking out for Sigurd's kid.  I'd almost say the same for Shannan, but his bond with Seliph is more like that of an older brother.

I thought of Sigurd, but I narrowed it down to the FE7 bros because they lived long enough to raise their children until adulthood (or almost adulthood).

Sigurd was a good father, despite how short the timing was.

I completely forgot about Oifaye. How old is he in Gen 1? He's kind of a weird age, too old to be an older brother figure, but may too young to be a father figure. But that could just be my modern way of thinking about parenthood. People did have children younger in the Medieval ages after all.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Shame he isn't a lord, he'd have been far and away my first choice (as an aside, the lack of Finn emblem is disheartening).

And while I didn't put Eliwood in the post, I would consider him a possibility as well (more than Hector at least, who has a better chance than most because he raises Lilina post BS)

Finn Emblem when? I wouldn't mind an MC modeled after Finn. Not the Jeigan, the LORD

11 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I completely forgot about Oifaye. How old is he in Gen 1? He's kind of a weird age, too old to be an older brother figure, but may too young to be a father figure. But that could just be my modern way of thinking about parenthood. People did have children younger in the Medieval ages after all.

Oifaye was 14-16 in Gen 1, with some experience already in taking care of a child.

But that's beside the point.  He, Shannan, and Adean raised all the kids that went to Isaach, so it is factual that Oifaye and Shannan are guardian-type figures to them.  Oifaye's relationship with the children seems closer than Shannan... though Shannan's close to the same age and is also a type of mentor figure, so perhaps he's like an uncle.  In any case, it isn't really a matter of if his age was appropriate for the role because he had to raise the kids and train them to fight anyway.

3 hours ago, Decerd said:

I meant as in raising and taking care of children, which none of them could even do aside from Hector and Eliwood.

6 hours ago, Michelaar said:

That is not taking care of children. Parenting and saving children from bandits is a whole other thing. Any lord could do that.

First of all, anyone in the world can raise a child, so saying that Ike couldn't do it is utterly ridiculous.. Secondly, Priam is Ike's descendant, meaning that Ike must have had a child at some point in his life, and thus could look after them. 

Edited by NinjaMonkey

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

First of all, anyone in the world can raise a child, so saying that Ike couldn't do it is utterly ridiculous.. Secondly, Priam is Ike's descendant, meaning that Ike must have had a child at some point in his life, and thus could look after them. 

Priam could be Ike's decedent in the same way Marth is a decedent of Anri, through their sibling (so Priam may biologically result from the paired Mist-Boyd ending from RD).

Spoiler

Here are a pair of quotes to show how IS set this precedent with Marth

You are Anri’s last male descendant, the only one who can wield Falchion. You must find the blade that was taken, and put an end to Doluna and its misguided Manakete rulers.

-Shadow Dragon Chapter 7, Malledus says to Marth

King Anri never married. So, the kingdom of Altea was then succeeded by his younger brother, King Marcelus--Prince Marth's great-grandfather. 

- New Mystery of the Emblem Artemis's Curse Base conversation, Jagen speaking to Kris

On 1/27/2019 at 5:57 PM, Ertrick36 said:

Oifaye was 14-16 in Gen 1, with some experience already in taking care of a child.

But that's beside the point.  He, Shannan, and Adean raised all the kids that went to Isaach, so it is factual that Oifaye and Shannan are guardian-type figures to them.  Oifaye's relationship with the children seems closer than Shannan... though Shannan's close to the same age and is also a type of mentor figure, so perhaps he's like an uncle.  In any case, it isn't really a matter of if his age was appropriate for the role because he had to raise the kids and train them to fight anyway.

Good point. Oifaye makes a good father.

Too bad he isn't a lord so we can't put him on this particular list.

But Adean is best mom though.