The Radiant Dawn supports topic

I'm pretty sure topics like this already exist but I'm also pretty sure they are several years old by now. So if Radiant Dawn had supports or if a remake adds them what characters would you support together and what would they talk about?

Micaiah and Edward:

They seem close enough. They start the game together and at the end Micaiah asks Edward to live in the castle. Given their personalities Micaiah would probably find Edward's enthusiasm endearing. Their conversations could bring out a new side out of Micaiah. Despite her main character status she's usually the junior in a relation. Sothe and BK thinks she needs protection, she goes to Rafiel for emotional support and she's quite a bit lower on the good chain than Ike. With Edward she could play the big sis who laughs as his antics, makes the occasional teasing joke and otherwise lets her hair down around him. 

Sothe and Nolan

Sothe is obviously ahead of noobs like Ed and Leo, and the rather frail Michy but Nolan could be there to show there's another veteran in the Dawn Brigade and that he doesn't need to do everything alone. 

Sothe and Tormod

Them having grown past their bad start to become the best of friends is pretty firmly established. More interactions between them would be welcome and it allows Sothe to show a lighter side to remind the audience he's still a kid. Its not that Tormod has a lot of other options outside of the LEA since he's MIA for 90% of the game. 

Fiona and Tauroneo 

Who was Fiona's dad? What were the previous Daien riders like, what sort of country is Marado and why didn't Ashnard behead those silly Maradons when they told him they were a self governing nation? A chat with old Tauroneo would answer most of those questions. He could even take Fiona as his protege and groom her a future Rider.

Titania and Sigrun

The two are somewhat similar in that they are both the most trusted confident and the maternal figures to the leader of their faction. They saw Ike and Sanaki grow up and would likely sit together over some tea and discuss the growth of their kids and how proud they are. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Ike and Mist

they are siblings and have the shared trauma of losing their father, regardless of real closeness, it is a real shame that they have little in both PoR and RD to work with

Ike and Mia

I always thought they made a cute couple, if only because of their equivalent obliviousness to things like love, there is also the fact that mia loves training with Ike in particular which I think adds to the relationship

zelgius and micaiah

I know that this is impossible, but this is my only real tellius ship that is impossible given the circumstances, but I feel like if they made a remake of radiant dawn, zelgius would be playable in the endgame

I know they can't have everyone support everyone in the game because that would just simply be too much but personally I think everyone in their factions should have supports with each other. Outside of that I would like the Lords to support with each other (Ike, Elincia, Micaiah, and Sanaki should all have supports with one another) and the laguz rulers should have supports. Zelgius and Micaiah should have supports. Naturally Nailah and Rafiel and the heron siblings should all have supports. Haar and Jill. Geoffrey and Lucia and Elincia. So just supports everywhere xD

The issue with including actual CBA Supports is that we've so little time for certain characters being together. Part 2 is over with in a jiffy and has constant crew switching, and trying to make Supports work in the Tower just sounds bad.

I'd rather limit things to, as perhaps it was going to be, to the A level. One long and well-written conversation between the two characters. Perhaps for someone like Caineghis, this could be relegated to B or even C level, since he is only available in the Tower. Although for the GMs and the members of the Dawn Brigade, they could have CBA between each other, since they are consistently together.

As for who I'd want:

MicaiahxNolan: Both are mature adults, I'd like to see them have a mature platonic conversation together. If only there was time for the two of them to go to a bookstore together and chat about what each should buy.

MicaiahxRafiel: Micaiah collapses into his shoulders when he shows up after 3-13, we need more candor between them for why that happened.

MicaiahxMuarim: We might not need it since they already get dialogue, but in the SothexTormod, Sothe admits to having someone like Muarim in his life. And the Micaiah-Muarim conversation as is seems to have picked up on that line and gave the two a "parents' talk". More for their sake and their kids sounds good.

NailahxRafiel: The Recollections say the two are married. Give me dialogue which more explicitly shows their marital love for each other.

ShinonxJanaff: The ShinonxJanaff of PoR is a favorite of mine, I want to see where this conversation picks up, since it cut leaving a cliffhanger opening of Shinon becoming less racist! They have enough time together for this to happen CBA I think.

NepheneexCalill: Despite me thinking Calill was the one who made Nephenee less insecure about her accent, these two never interact in RD. This has to be fixed. Probably no CBA.

FionaxTauroneo: The daughter of a Four Steadfast Rider and a Four Steadfast Rider. We know nothing of Lanvega, and Fiona is underdeveloped too. I do not think we have enough time for a full CBA though.

MarciaxTanith: I'd like to see what she thinks of Marcia after she chose to leave the Holy Pegasus Knights of Begnion to join Crimea. Probably no CBA.

SorenxStefan: Just one conversation together, something to have these two Branded interact again. Perhaps Soren would seriously consider Stefan's offer this time, particularly since Ike leaves Tellius and Soren behind save for an A Support.

Leonardo could have some interesting supports with Ike or Pelleas. The background material mentioned that both his father and his brother where killed in the mad king's war so him interacting with either the leader of the enemy army or the son of the mad king could show some interesting results.

SanakixDawn brigade members: have some potential for supports with some of the dawn brigade. It was the Senate who did all the stuff with Dain, but as Apostle/Empress people could still feel she is at least partly responsible for what had gone on there.

NepheneexMeg: Meg probably knew Nephenee her entire life and it could be funny to see the shy Nephenee  interact with the not so shy Meg.

HeatherXMakalov/Shinon: Those two jerks are probably the only man in the army that line up with Heather's opinion of the male gender. And seeing Shinon and Heather take turns insulting each other has some comedy potential.

I was always mad Ike and Elincia didn't get an ending or real support in RD after they were shown to have grown so close in PoR. Even without the shippyness NoA added, there was still the fact that they went through an entire war together with Ike as the commander of Elincia's army and all, their support conversations, and that shippy-by-default ending cutscene. I really thought that cutscene was foreshadowing love more than any other interaction between them! But I had my heart broken in RD. :(

I imagine if they got real supports in RD, they'd talk about all they'd gone through up to that point, remembering how they first met... And Ike might say that he's kind of changed his view a bit on nobles and royals. He no longer hates them all, he has become more comfortable with several of them. He's learned that there are good ones out there that he can be friends with. And he'd say...that if he had to go back in service of a royal or noble, he would only choose Lincy. This could possibly then lead to them being a couple. Ike hates the castle lifestyle, but you know what? He's so selfless. I can't possibly see him deciding he can't marry a woman he loves just because he hates fancy clothes. That just can't be him. He cares about his friends and family a lot and that should include whomever he falls in love with too, regardless of their background and lifestyle. Not to mention, he may not have needed to live in Castle Crimea, I still think it wouldn't be out of character for Elincia to give the throne to Renning and spend her days with Ike and his crew. She seemed to like that life a lot more anyway and she grew up more like a commoner than a princess too. She loves Crimea and her people, but does she really have to sit on the throne to show that? I don't think so. And Renning would surely be the one person she'd trust with the crown since he's her uncle that she cares for.

Reyson and Naesala

Perhaps they could repair their relationship or simply come to some sort of closure. Maybe Naesala could show some remorse for his actions and possibly show interest in Leanne, which results in Reyson getting on the defensive.

Calill and Rhys

For some reason, these two remind me of Tethys and Artur. I can imagine a similar support chain unfolding.

Calill and Meg

Since Calill is known for her flirtacious style, I can imagine Meg wanting to take a few tips from a city girl like her.

Astrid and Sothe

I know they had a support in PoR, but I would like a continuation of that. I wonder what Astrid now thinks of grown up, manlier Sothe.

Edward and Boyd

I think they would bounce off each other nicely.

Leonardo and Rolf

Same reason as the previous.

11 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Perhaps they could repair their relationship or simply come to some sort of closure. Maybe Naesala could show some remorse for his actions and possibly show interest in Leanne, which results in Reyson getting on the defensive.

I do really like that idea but I don't think having them support is something that would be possible. Naesala only joins in part 4 and immediately after he and Reyson are split into different armies and don't reunite until endgame.

14 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Astrid and Sothe

I know they had a support in PoR, but I would like a continuation of that. I wonder what Astrid now thinks of grown up, manlier Sothe.

I'm pretty sure they have a battle conversation in part 3, which was something I guess

Here it is

Spoiler

Astrid vs Sothe

Astrid: Oh… It’s you, Sothe. I’d sincerely hoped we wouldn’t meet like this.
Sothe: Me too, Astrid.
Astrid: I knew you were with the Daein army, but I hoped that, if I didn’t see you, I could pretend it wasn’t true. Now, however, I’m glad I saw you. How you have grown. You look like a true soldier now.
Sothe: …I’m not the only one who’s grown. You look every bit the true knight now, Astrid.
Astrid: You really think so? Thank you, Sothe. That means a lot to me.
Sothe: I know the answer, but I still have to ask. Will you pull back? We don’t really have to do this, do we?
Astrid: I was about to ask you the same thing. I don’t want to fight you, Sothe. Please fall back.
Sothe: …I thought as much. Let’s get started. I’m sorry, Astrid.
Astrid: I am sorry as well, Sothe.

but I still wish we had more continuation V_V

And as for me....hmmm, I really mostly want to see supports between the part 1 characters, I agree with almost everything that people has said so far, but here are some other duos I would like to see that weren't brought up:

Meg and Jill.

Zihark and Meg

Zihark and Ilyana

Vika and Micaiah maybe?

Black Knight and Micaiah (Yes I KNOW he leaves after part 1, so there won't be anytime to build a support with him, but I don't care V_V)

Edited by Rose482

3 hours ago, Rose482 said:

Black Knight and Micaiah (Yes I KNOW he leaves after part 1, so there won't be anytime to build a support with him, but I don't care V_V)

gba style allows this to be a thing, he shows up enough.

no joke, this would be awesome for zelgius recruitment requirements in a remake.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

11 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I do really like that idea but I don't think having them support is something that would be possible. Naesala only joins in part 4 and immediately after he and Reyson are split into different armies and don't reunite until endgame.

Awww true. I guess it would work better as a base conversation rather than a support.

8 hours ago, Rose482 said:

I'm pretty sure they have a battle conversation in part 3, which was something I guess

Here it is

Hide contents

Astrid vs Sothe

Astrid: Oh… It’s you, Sothe. I’d sincerely hoped we wouldn’t meet like this.
Sothe: Me too, Astrid.
Astrid: I knew you were with the Daein army, but I hoped that, if I didn’t see you, I could pretend it wasn’t true. Now, however, I’m glad I saw you. How you have grown. You look like a true soldier now.
Sothe: …I’m not the only one who’s grown. You look every bit the true knight now, Astrid.
Astrid: You really think so? Thank you, Sothe. That means a lot to me.
Sothe: I know the answer, but I still have to ask. Will you pull back? We don’t really have to do this, do we?
Astrid: I was about to ask you the same thing. I don’t want to fight you, Sothe. Please fall back.
Sothe: …I thought as much. Let’s get started. I’m sorry, Astrid.
Astrid: I am sorry as well, Sothe.

Zihark and Meg

Zihark and Ilyana

I just want Astrid to be happy. I don't forsee Makalov bringing her happiness. I'm a bigger fan of Sothe x Micaiah but if Sothe x Astrid were possible, than I may do that one playthrough.

And yes to Zihark's love triangle.