Our First Mythic Hero Banner Appears! Duma: God of Strength (Jan 30 ~ )

Coolmanio

Random thought: If it weren't so damned hard to get, I would really like to teach Duma Water Breath just so that he could shoot a fire hose out of his eye. I want more inheritable breath weapons that look silly when shot out of his eye.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Random thought: If it weren't so damned hard to get, I would really like to teach Duma Water Breath just so that he could shoot a fire hose out of his eye. I want more inheritable breath weapons that look silly when shot out of his eye.

Water Breath+ is available on Male Kana, who is available via Heroic Grails, so you can just pluck it off him if you have 20,000 feathers to promote him.

7 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Water Breath+ is available on Male Kana, who is available via Heroic Grails, so you can just pluck it off him if you have 20,000 feathers to promote him.

I'm not wasting limited resources on skill fodder just to see Duma shoot a fire hose out of his eye. In terms of opportunity cost, male Kana is fucking expensive.

I'm the guy that also refuses to use rocks to get Slaying weapons despite the fact that I'm swimming in rocks.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Upheaval isn't that op in AR, because you can use the Healing Structure and Eir Sparkling Boost to Heal everyone back to full HP, however it can mess up with skills like Panic Ploy and Aversa's Night. Still, he is a poweful unit and a good candidate of Distant Counter.

I will try to Summon him.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Wow. This is out of left field. I thought it would be Dheginsea. Then again, we've got a bunch of characters with AoEs in the series.

I approve. He looks badass, is new to the game and a final boss to boot. This game needs more of this. My only gripe is that he doesn't have his helmet from the Gaiden cover. But it seems that didn't get implemented into Echoes unless Duma statues had a helmet

At least he doesn't have trainee BST. That shit is stupid on a armored units nowadays

I understand that they're trying to push solo skills, but I'm not really feeling it on armored units. It's going to get replaced by DC by most people anyways

2 minutes ago, redlight said:

It's going to get replaced by DC by most people anyways

Anna: Time to put Hector in a Focus!

2 minutes ago, redlight said:

At least he doesn't have trainee BST.

No confirmation of that yet, though, unless I missed something.

I'm expecting either the trainee modifier like Surtr or a new modifier that results in a similar stat total (basically the same as the trainee modifier at level 40, but without the reduced stats at level 1).

Holy wow, I was not joking when I said I anticipated the next Mythic Hero to not only be an alt, but an alt of a character who was already Legendary. So my expectations were surpassed quite a bit when they picked Duma. This banner is also insane for my collection. I'm missing everybody except for the two red legendaries and Legendary Lyn. What a time for me to have my new record of ~450 orbs saved up.

31 minutes ago, redlight said:

I understand that they're trying to push solo skills, but I'm not really feeling it on armored units. It's going to get replaced by DC by most people anyways

Pretty sure it won't by the large majority of non-whale players. 

23 minutes ago, toxic1 said:

All this excitement is so fleeting considering what's going to happen this week

Yep.  Kingdom Hearts 3 has arrived!  WOOHOO~!

Ahem. . .

Red - Laegjarn would be welcome, as I don't have her yet.  Legendary Ike might be a merge, and Eirika would definitely be one.

Blue - I have mixed feelings on Ryoma.  I pulled my current one on my birthday, and it was quite a nice surprise to have him ask me for a dance on that day!  But if he has a better asset/flaw, I'll probably merge him.  I don't have the other two.

Green - I have none of them!  This is one of the colors I want to pull.

Colorless - I ALSO have none of them!  But to sweeten the deal, I need Leon merges.

Colorless > Green > Blue >> Red

Any chance we'll all get Duma for free via second anniversary poll giveaway in the same manner we got Radiant Dawn Ike last year?

I really want Duma but I kind of feel like waiting to see if that will happen.

Edited by Vince777

Welp, since whatever orbs I can scratch up in a day are inevitably tied to the Bath Banner, I can't really pull on this. A shame, since I was predicting Blue to have a party pooper in the form of Quan. With Kliff there, and Ryouma with his armour slaying dagger, this would have been a nice opportunity to go for L!Tiki. Next time she pops up, she'll likely be accompanied by the likes of Christmas!Ephraim. meh

I am also very glad they are keeping their promise to godlike entities as Mythic Heroes. Even if I am not excited for Duma himself, I am glad he is here.

As for Free pull priority:

Red: Laegjarn would be nice to have, Eirika and L!Ike would be decent fodder.

Blue: Believe in the heart of the orbs... 

Green: Neither L!Lyn, nor Ephraim are very exciting for me. Elincia would be pretty sweet, but I'll have better chances for her on her banner rerun.

Colourless: Linde is the big dud for this colour. Nothing about her excites me, and I already gave her dagger to my Nyakumi. I'd be very excited to have Loki, and Duma seems pretty broken though. 

So Blue>Colourless>Red>Green

Edited by Nanima

Duma: God of Strength

This guy comes with an interesting set of abilities. He can get a nice defensive boost, especially in the Resistance part, and Upheaval helps him to prevent enemies to double him, thanks to Fell Breath. Thanks to that and Bold Fighter I'd predict a low Speed for him, trading it all for a high Attack. I also applaud the fact that we get a new hero from old Fire Emblem game, although I did not personally played Echoes yet. He is a tough customer, but he's not invicible. He's weak to armor and dragon effective weapons, and his weapon effect is nullified if you heal up your unit before attacking him. Since he is Anima blessed, he is meant to be for Aether defense, where the AI can potentially screw up his Def/Res Solo as well. 

Banner Breakdown

• Red - Legendary Ike, Legendary Eirika, Laegjarn
  • Blue - Poncho Tiki, Kliff, Dancer Ryoma
  • Green - Legendary Lyn, Dancer Elincia, Brave Ephraim
  • Colorless - Duma, Summer Linde, Loki

That's a good banner, and I don't have a lot of units from it either. Aside from Ike, Ryoma and Ephraim it's all new units to me. All the colors look strong, but Colorless might be lacking the punch with Summer Linde and Loki. Don't take that as truth, I haven't had a look at Linde for a long time. This might take 100-150 orbs from me, but it can worth even more.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

The player base is not lame for spending money however they want. The players and fans are what keeps a series alive, and I much rather see Fire Emblem change and adapt than remain stagnant and unsustainable.

Advance Wars was a tragedy and there was no reason to axe the series as they did. Seeing that happen to Fire Emblem because it is not making enough money due to developers clinging to some arbitrary prudish conservatism would be infuriating to me.

I spent over $8,000 on Heroes alone, and if they cannot even listen to what the majority of fans want, my money would have been a waste. I honestly do not care where the series is heading as long as it is not heading to the grave. If it takes waifus and fetishes for Fire Emblem to survive, then so be it. If players and fans like you want to turn the series around away from that direction, then out spend the fans who like that stuff.

I think releasing alt after alt of the same few characters is stagnant.  I think that is prudishly conservative.  I welcome wild progressive gameplay story ideas, I am a huge fan of squads and possible tactics with them in Three Houses.  However we are just talking about character selection here.  Also we are talking about a mobile game.  For Fire Emblem to truly last Three Houses and future main titles have to do well.   Otherwise Heroes is all we will have, and while it is a fun diversion it is no substitute for the main series.  

I do care where the series is going.  We've seen it in movies, video games, TV series.  Continuing at regardless of quality or direction isn't necessarily a good thing.  Sometimes then it is better to end, but there is no reason to as long as Fire Emblem continues with strong writing, character development, advancing gameplay, etc.  

42 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Any chance we'll all get Duma for free via second anniversary poll giveaway in the same manner we got Radiant Dawn Ike last year?

I really want Duma but I kind of feel like waiting to see if that will happen.

My vote was going to go towards Legendary Azura, but if I am not fortunate enough to pull Duma my vote is going towards him.  I ultimately hope that instead of hero rises everyone can pick a unit of their choice to have.  If it is like hero rises ultimately many people will be disappointed.  

I admit, I thought it was an oc at first because I didn't recognise him. I'm so happy to see him! This is great for fans of any godly character :D

However, not only have I just used up all my orbs, but I am not pulling for Loki or Summer Linde >< I'm going to wait for Duma's next banner. So happy to see this, still :D

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

Pretty sure it won't by the large majority of non-whale players. 

Of both versions of Myrrhs I encountered during my time playing the game almost all of them had DC despite it not being native to their original skillset. Bear in mind that regular Myrrh has been a regular face in around tier 20 score range from the time she got released

Edited by redlight

Hooooooly Naga Mila Duma, now that's something I've never seen coming. I was almost 100% sure that the "almighty" and "godly" stuff they said was just there for, you know, to make people feel interested I guess? But this! At least now we know they hadn't forgotten SoV. Will we get more characters in the future then? Valbar when IS, plz gib me Valbo
However, despite my hype, I won't throw too many orbs into this banner. Like, I'm not really a fan of neither dragons nor armours, so it's like the worst that could've been. (Only armoured unit I actually use is Christmas Eirika, but only because she is Eirika...) With that said, I will try and get L!Eirika, since last time I failed to do so, and she is the last Eirika I need for my Eirika Emblem.

Also, just a heads up: we will have a special hero banner in like a week, so if you are not really into this one, you might want to save you orbs. I don't know if we will get the reveal before this mythic ends, but I would advise waiting for the last day, to see if the reveal comes. I just want to make sure I don't spend my orbs before a potential Leon alt, which we will never get, but hey, one can always hope

I guess Goldoa didn't move. :P

Anyways, Duma's in. He's Anima attack and Colourless Armour (I see what they did there). His Fell Breath gives him more Atk while also giving extra Atk/Res when at 100% HP and preventing enemy followups. as well as having Draconic Aura, Def/Res Solo, Bold Fighter and Upheaval (Deals 7 damage on the first turn and in AR destroys structures in the same column (During Anima, but you're honestly going to use him outside of that and/or bonus unit?)). A pretty good skillset, which makes me wonder what he's got stat wise..

As for the rest of the banner, Red's got D!Ike, LunEirika and Laegjarn, which while not a bad combination isn't exactly inspiring, Blue's got L!Tiki, Kliff and Ryodance, where I desperately want all but Ryoma and if he were Quan I would be exclusively Blue, Green has L!Lyn, Garmphraim and Elinance, which isn't exactly convincing me to pull and Colourless has Loki and SummeLinde, where it's a shame SummeLinde's there because the other two are real solid.

I guess this time around I'm Blue > Colourless > Red > Green.