Our First Mythic Hero Banner Appears! Duma: God of Strength (Jan 30 ~ )

Coolmanio

48 minutes ago, redlight said:

Of both versions of Myrrhs I encountered during my time playing the game almost all of them had DC despite it not being native to their original skillset. Bear in mind that regular Myrrh has been a regular face in around tier 20 score range from the time she got released

Yeah I don't seek to play in the higher tier "PvP" modes specifically because it caters to people that invest. I've no problem believing "most" people use difficult to get setups on the top tiers. 

Still, a very large majority of players do not have Distant Counter fodder.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad we don't have Terrors in FEH, because they would be great as enemy reinforcements for Duma Mythic Hero Banner.

Anyway, I am going full Colorless, because of Duma, Loki (C Duel and Earthwater Balm+) and Summer Linde (Starfish and Brazen Atk/Res), but I will summon on the blue color too, because I don't have Kliff and Ryoma.

For me is Colorless > Blue > Red > Green. But I will wait for summon on it, because the anniversary is coming, and last year we got 50 orbs. I expect something like this this year too.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Am I the only one who thinks that Duma looks like a World of Warcraft character? (never played WoW myself) 

I'm not hot for armors, but both Duma and Loki would be practical to have in AR. 

Overall the banner is strange: I only have two of the units (Ike & Tiki) but none of the others are must-haves for me. 

Edited by mampfoid

To add to my previous review, Duma while looks scary at first, his C skill is pretty much negates in AR, thank to the heal from Eir. You are welcome.

Edited by Garlyle

Yessss the Mythic heroes are actual Gods/Mythical characters! This is all I've been asking for, I'm so happy they're actually doing it and not just more alts.

I don't care for Duma much though so I won't be pulling for him, but at least this tells me there's a huge chance for Mila somewhere down the line too :D

As for the rest of the banner, I first wanted to try for B!Ephraim for Special Fighter, but I honestly don't use the characters that want it that much anymore. And I really want Bucket Hinoka so I think I'm gonna skip the thing after doing a full green pull on the free summon (if I get any greens at all that is).

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

I think releasing alt after alt of the same few characters is stagnant.  I think that is prudishly conservative.  I welcome wild progressive gameplay story ideas, I am a huge fan of squads and possible tactics with them in Three Houses.  However we are just talking about character selection here.  Also we are talking about a mobile game.  For Fire Emblem to truly last Three Houses and future main titles have to do well.   Otherwise Heroes is all we will have, and while it is a fun diversion it is no substitute for the main series.  

I do care where the series is going.  We've seen it in movies, video games, TV series.  Continuing at regardless of quality or direction isn't necessarily a good thing.  Sometimes then it is better to end, but there is no reason to as long as Fire Emblem continues with strong writing, character development, advancing gameplay, etc.  

If alt after alt gives them the most money, then I am all for it. If that is what the most players want and will pay for, then that is what the game will get. Belittling those players for paying for what they want is rude and disrespectful. For Fire Emblem to do well, Heroes needs to do well. No main series game even comes close to the revenue generated by Heroes. Heroes might not be a main series game, but it bank rolls the next few Fire Emblem games and it provides a hedge against future fuck ups. Those paying Heroes players deserve nothing less than acknowledgement and respect for providing Fire Emblem the financial security it needs.

If some fans really care about where the series is going, then they better back the direction they want the game to go with money. If they cannot do that, then there is no weight to their complaints about Intelligent Systems prioritizing a more profitable market segment and serving their needs. It is despicable for those fans to disparage paying players who sacrificed their wallets and have contributed far more to the success of the series.

If you do not like where Fire Emblem Heroes is heading, then state your case, vote with your wallet, and move on. There is no need to put down players who likes where the game is heading and are paying a lot of money for it. Fire Emblem being dead to you does not mean that it must also be dead to others as well.

When I first saw him in the thumbnail I thought it was an adult tiki alt (she could be a mythic). I am glad about his addition, last cyl I had voted for him and this year I was considering voting Mila (for IS to make them mythic/legendary). I love his art and his dragon form. He is a unit class I wanted for a while and with some skill inheritance he will be awesome. Now the banner itself.

Red: Eirika is an excellent unit for my cavalry and mixed team. I want another Laegjarn copy to fix my original's -Spd. I want a L!Ike for fodder and if I get a neutral one, then I will keep him for ftp guides as I don't have my free one. 

Green: The only thing of interest is an armor march that I am lacking other than that I have a replacement for all of them. 

Blue: Tiki and Cliff (his a slot) are nice but I have two invested blue mages and I also don't need a dancer(Ryoma). Tiki, I got a B!Hector in the hot spring banner and that means that she is not as necessary as she once was.

Colourless: I would like a Loki and I also have a spare Winter Eirika I don't use that could give her dazzling staff and make her a staple in my infantry team. Duma is the new unit that could complete my armor team. Linde is the only thing I would like to avoid as everything she does can be done way more efficiently by other cavalries and daggers.

So I will pull only red and some colourless.

Edited by SuperNova125

5 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Any chance we'll all get Duma for free via second anniversary poll giveaway in the same manner we got Radiant Dawn Ike last year?

I really want Duma but I kind of feel like waiting to see if that will happen.

It's possible, but he'll be competing with legendary Azura. As well as others like Surtr.

I'm also less certain it'll happen due to the lack of Feh Channel. If we do get one, I'll vote Duma if I don't get him before finishing up with this banner and Azura if I do.

Yoooooo, it's Duma! Echoes villain represent, finally! Berkut was feeling alone. To make up for this IS, you MUST give us Rudolf, Nuibaba, Jedah, Rinea, Fernand and Brigand Boss for good measure

But seriously I'm glad they kept their word about godlike beings. This means THE Shadow Dragon Medeus is possible. And also Fomortiis, and Ashera, and A N A N K O S!!!!!

I LOVE IT! I will pull for both colorless and blue.

6 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Any chance we'll all get Duma for free via second anniversary poll giveaway in the same manner we got Radiant Dawn Ike last year?

I really want Duma but I kind of feel like waiting to see if that will happen.

If this were the case, he'll be butting heads against Legendary Azura.

Like most, I was not expecting him as the first Mythic Hero after Eir, but he's all right. The hell with whatever comes out of the naysayers' mouths.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Random thought: If it weren't so damned hard to get, I would really like to teach Duma Water Breath just so that he could shoot a fire hose out of his eye. I want more inheritable breath weapons that look silly when shot out of his eye.

Do not remind me of this one nasty YouTube video I saw once. This said, ever heard of horned lizards? 

7 hours ago, redlight said:

I approve. He looks badass, is new to the game and a final boss to boot. This game needs more of this. My only gripe is that he doesn't have his helmet from the Gaiden cover. But it seems that didn't get implemented into Echoes unless Duma statues had a helmet

I'm pretty sure they did. Not going to check right now, too lazy, but you look reallll carefully, you can see one on this Duma Carving item:

echoes-items1_20.png

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Anna: Time to put Hector in a Focus!

The newbie here needs one.

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Too bad we don't have Terrors in FEH, because they would be great as enemy reinforcements for Duma Mythic Hero Banner.

Colorless Beast "Mother" Mogalls. When not adjacent to another Mogall, at the start of turn, creates 2 new "Children" Mogalls in adjacent spaces with stats which are slightly lower than the "Mother" across the board and which cannot divide. Mother counts as Armor with Wary Fighter, but has a skill which grants Flier movement, the Children are just Fliers.

Enemy-Only Duma has an S Skill that allows them to generate a Mother Mogall if no enemies are within 2 spaces of him at the start of a turn.

Duma gets 19 damage when Draconic Aura triggers. That means 63 Atk

Since his target has full hp (if I didn't see wrong), his +6 bonus from the weapon is not active. Taking out 19 atk (from the weapon itself and its +3 flat bonus) , leaves him with 44 base atk. If the enemy wasn't at full health, then he has 38 base atk. 

Either way, he's pretty strong. Lets wait for the rest of his stats

Edit: If I did anything wrong with my math, feel free to correct me

Edited by Rinco

27 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Duma gets 19 damage when Draconic Aura triggers. That means 63 Atk

Since his target has full hp (if I didn't see wrong), his +6 bonus from the weapon is not active. Taking out 19 atk (from the weapon itself and its +3 flat bonus) , leaves him with 44 base atk. If the enemy wasn't at full health, then he has 38 base atk. 

Either way, he's pretty strong. Lets wait for the rest of his stats

Edit: If I did anything wrong with my math, feel free to correct me

I already did calculations last night:

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Stats:

48 HP displayed in the video.

The first round of combat is fought against the bow fighter in Story 3-3-2 Lunatic, who has 16 Res. Duma deals 49 damage and has 19 Atk on his weapon and 6 Atk from his weapon's effect, meaning he has 40 base Atk.

The second round of combat is fought against the green mamkute in Story 2-13-5 Lunatic, who has 31 Res. Duma deals 34 damage and has the same 25 Atk from his weapon and effect, which checks out for his 40 base Atk. His Draconic Aura deals 19 damage, which also corroborates the Atk stat. The mamkute deals 5 damage back to him and has 48 Atk, meaning Duma has 43 Res in the video. Assuming Def/Res Solo is active and he has no buffs, that gives him 37 base Res.

Assuming 180 total stats to match the big boys, that gives him 55 points in Spd and Def. I'll just give him 40 Def just for the hell of it, leaving him with 15 Spd so that he can just be min-maxed to high hell.

My guess: 48/40/15/40/37

I did forget to add the extra 6 Res from his weapon to the Res calculation, so he should have 31 Res, and I'll just add the difference to my guess for Spd, so

48/40/21/40/31

Edited by Ice Dragon

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I already did calculations last night:

I did forget to add the extra 6 Res from his weapon to the Res calculation, so he should have 31 Res, and I'll just add the difference to my guess for Spd, so

48/40/21/40/31

Oh, didn't see it. And I screwed up on my math also hahahaha

So, thinking through my exact plan, due to having almost 350 orbs right now and only Ike and Lyn out of the units on the banner:

• Pull blue or colorless until I get a unit from each color. I'll stop a color early if I get two units from it. Might stop blue early if I get Ryoma, depending on how many orbs I have left.
  • After this, I might go back for a second unit in either or both colors, depending on how much I like the first and also depending on how many orbs I have left. (Kliff and Loki are the lowest priority for me right now.)
  • If I get a session with only red and green orbs, I'll take a green one, at least at the start. (Mostly due to the much higher focus rate.)

After all that gets settled one way or another, I'll have to decide whether or not to go for Leo. Probably won't, but I might change my mind depending on how this goes.

It helps that there's some good fodder among the blue and colorless units here, so even if I end up with a duplicate while trying for a second one, they'll probably have uses. Also, mythic heroes benefit from multiples, which also makes me less concerned about the possibility of Duma winning A Hero Rises. I wouldn't be as interested in a third copy of him, though.

Wow, Duma is going to be in the game now, that's great. It's also kind of funny since I just finished another playthrough of Echoes about a week ago. It's nice to see that game get recognition every now and then. While I would like to summon for Duma and L!Eirika (who I don't have yet) along with L!Tiki for merges I really want to start saving orbs for this year's Brave Heroes and Farfetched/Brave Redux banners since it looks like we will have some good choices this time around.

Duma is going to be a bit annoying to plan for on offense teams. 6 Duma is -42 on your whole lineup turn 1, and it blows up all your buildings (having 6 means you can have 1 Duma per column) so you can't use regen fountain either. Being armored means that Savage Blow healer + Vantage guy wipes most Duma stacking lineups, but the enemy lineup can always carry a Hardy Bearing user or two (and go down to 'only' doing 35 damage to the whole team).

Doing that does perclude any C-slot buffs, at least, but Duma's C is basically +7 Atk, especially if you plan the map so that if they take time to heal you just win by time out. (And if you don't your armor dragons just smack their team to death since the enemy team's all at 1 hp.)

His spread doesn't even matter for him to do his job, too. If he has 180 BST then it doesn't actually matter how his stats are distributed, unless he has some weird ass defensive distribution like 50 def 10 res or some shit.

That said, I don't see him costing offensive teams more than half a team slot, which will go away once offense gets easier from good offense mythics, so as long as our offensive mythics are equally busted AR will still be balanced as long as you're willing to pay.

6-Duma seems inadvisable because you don't have any room for Anima blessing units on your defense team that way, so you miss out on bonus points aside from merges. It also means losing the stat boosts he grants: probably +5 HP and +3 Atk per Duma.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

6-Duma seems inadvisable because you don't have any room for Anima blessing units on your defense team that way, so you miss out on bonus points aside from merges. It also means losing the stat boosts he grants: probably +5 HP and +3 Atk per Duma.

According to the game's text files,

Spoiler

+3 Atk is accurate for the Mythic blessing boost.

That said, unless it was misquoted, there doesn't appear to be a limit to the number of merges that count towards the Lift loss reduction, meaning some absurd superwhale could potentially have a base Lift loss of only -20 from running such a team fully merged.