Our First Mythic Hero Banner Appears! Duma: God of Strength (Jan 30 ~ )

Coolmanio

12 hours ago, Lewyn said:

They will if the playerbase isn't lame and the banners do well.  I'll certainly lose all respect for the Heroes playerbase should they fail.  Yeah IS is in charge, but they are monitoring how much money each banner makes so the playerbase as a whole is the main driving force determining what we get.  

The playerbase is too large to be condemned by simple one-liners from someone with a lot of salt. And for what? Having four alts too many? 

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

According to the game's text files,

Hide contents

+3 Atk is accurate for the Mythic blessing boost.

That said, unless it was misquoted, there doesn't appear to be a limit to the number of merges that count towards the Lift loss reduction, meaning some absurd superwhale could potentially have a base Lift loss of only -20 from running such a team fully merged.

They could, but if I'm understanding it right, you could also get a base lift loss of only -8 by running four +10 Dumas and two Anima blessed units. That'd only require pulling 44 Dumas rather than 66, and it might even be more effective.

7 hours ago, Mau said:

Yessss the Mythic heroes are actual Gods/Mythical characters! This is all I've been asking for, I'm so happy they're actually doing it and not just more alts.

I don't care for Duma much though so I won't be pulling for him, but at least this tells me there's a huge chance for Mila somewhere down the line too :D

As for the rest of the banner, I first wanted to try for B!Ephraim for Special Fighter, but I honestly don't use the characters that want it that much anymore. And I really want Bucket Hinoka so I think I'm gonna skip the thing after doing a full green pull on the free summon (if I get any greens at all that is).

You know? I was expecting protagonists with godly powers like Light Priestess Micaiah, Rigain Celica, and Conqueror Alm, as I wasn’t expecting to deviate from the Legendary Hero formula. Then again, there aren’t many protagonists that are so close to gods, and two of them have been wasted on Legendaries already

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

They could, but if I'm understanding it right, you could also get a base lift loss of only -8 by running four +10 Dumas and two Anima blessed units. That'd only require pulling 44 Dumas rather than 66, and it might even be more effective.

That defeats the point of running the destroy all buildings and deal 42 damage yolo team.

58 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That defeats the point of running the destroy all buildings and deal 42 damage yolo team.

Does that give you less than than 40% of the odds of leaving all enemies alive as destroy most buildings and deal 28 damage? (Catapult lets you cover five of the six columns.)

Or you could do 5-Duma and still get the max lift loss down to 10.

I am really pleased, that they actually go with the god-like theme for mythic heroes. I expected it to just be a name, to not get disappointed when we would get the most popular characters again instead. And even though I am not as excited about Duma himself, the possibilities that opens for the next mythic heroes make me really happy.

As a FYI, here's the formula for Lift loss reduction:

Mythic Hero Count (Max of 2) × Blessed Hero Count × 4 + Mythic Hero Merge Count (Max of 20)

The absolute maximum Lift loss reduction according to the formula is 52, assuming the player has 2 5*+10 Anima/Dark Mythic Heroes and 4 units that have the Anima/Dark blessing in Anima/Dark season.

On the other hand and more likely, the player only has 1 Anima/Dark Mythic Hero and 1 unit with Anima/Dark Blessing. The Lift loss reduction in this case is 4.

... Unless they're blue whales, Pokedex completionists, or trying to pull Loki or Summer Linde, players are generally better off spending their orbs elsewhere.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Even if they were to change their mind, based on sales, about Mythic heroes eventually and their manner to handle them, they probably already commissioned a few of them already so I'm pretty confident the 'God' character thing will stick for a while, at the very least.

Idunn in march sounds like a strong possibility. Also, Hel will be a Mythic at some point.

Will they also continue to release legendary heroes or has that been entirely replaced?

Edited by Vince777

So I wonder if he will be voted in a possible a hero rises event for the anniversary. I mean why not vote him? He is good for the arena and AR. Also it will be nice for ftp players to have a mythic for both seasons and types. But he will have to face Azura. 

The "God" character theme is good for mythic heroes. Stuff like Athos etc can and should happen, which is exciting. Now if they bundle it up with some support quest story like forgeing bonds it could give us much insight to the past story of FE!

10 minutes ago, Hilda said:

The "God" character theme is good for mythic heroes. Stuff like Athos etc can and should happen, which is exciting. Now if they bundle it up with some support quest story like forgeing bonds it could give us much insight to the past story of FE!

I would love that! More info about people talked about in the games but not actually in those games would be really cool.  I really hope IS thinks about doing stuff like that.

Edited by EricaofRenais

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

As a FYI, here's the formula for Lift loss reduction:

Mythic Hero Count (Max of 2) × Blessed Hero Count × 4 + Mythic Hero Merge Count (Max of 20)

The absolute maximum Lift loss reduction according to the formula is 52, assuming the player has 2 5*+10 Anima/Dark Mythic Heroes and 4 units that have the Anima/Dark blessing in Anima/Dark season.

On the other hand and more likely, the player only has 1 Anima/Dark Mythic Hero and 1 unit with Anima/Dark Blessing. The Lift loss reduction in this case is 4.

... Unless they're blue whales, Pokedex completionists, or trying to pull Loki or Summer Linde, players are generally better off spending their orbs elsewhere.

Huh, I forgot about the caps.

I do think Anima blessings will probably become pretty easy to come by after a few weeks, like Light blessings. One Duma and 5 Anima blessings gives you a lift loss reduction of 20. Still really weak compared to an offense hero, but that can add up to as much as 140 extra lift for the week, which isn't trivial.

Don't have a lot of orbs after the Laguz banner, but I'll probably try spending the few I do have sniping colorless orbs. Getting Duma would be the best result to make Def loss in AR less painful, but after wishing I could move my Tactics Room in AR, I wouldn't mind getting Loki and considering my current S!Linde is -Spd, getting any other copy to fix her IVs with the upcoming merge change would be great. Might also chance a green orb for FiH!Elincia

Kind of worried about potential Duma spam defense teams since dealing with multiple instance of Upheaval sounds like a pain. Might have to give the Brash Assault/Desperation combo to FiH!Micaiah to allow her to double potential DC Dumas. 

Edited by LuxSpes

18 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Don't have a lot of orbs after the Laguz banner, but I'll probably try spending the few I do have sniping colorless orbs. Getting Duma would be the best result to make Def loss in AR less painful, but after wishing I could move my Tactics Room in AR, I wouldn't mind getting Loki and considering my current S!Linde is -Spd, getting any other copy to fix her IVs with the upcoming merge change would be great. Might also chance a green orb for FiH!Elincia

Kind of worried about potential Duma spam defense teams since dealing with multiple instance of Upheaval sounds like a pain. Might have to give the Brash Assault/Desperation combo to FiH!Micaiah to allow her to double potential DC Dumas. 

Desperation doesn't work with Dawn Suzu because of Hardy bearing effect within the tome. Pretty sure Micaiah with enough drive atk support and default kit should be able to take them out. 

15 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Desperation doesn't work with Dawn Suzu because of Hardy bearing effect within the tome. Pretty sure Micaiah with enough drive atk support and default kit should be able to take them out. 

Neutral +10 Duma with his weapon effect active should have 52 HP and 41 Res. So Micaiah needs 62 Atk to one-shot him.

Neutral +0 Micaiah has 51 Atk with her weapon equipped, which becomes 56 with her base Atk/Res Bond active. That's close enough to be feasible, I think, even if Duma turns out to be +HP or +Res instead.

Edited by Othin

14 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

The moment I saw you had quoted me I remembered all the Festival in Hoshido units have Hardy Bearing built-in. I forget about it because it's so useless most of the time (and even detrimental, like right now). I have a +atk regular Micaiah at +1, but she has a mostly defensive build to bait Rein and Lyn. But, I can probably give my HiF!Micaiah enough Atk by using Laevatain's Atk/Def Link and using Atk/Res Bond.

4 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Who would those be?

Vanguard Ike, and Female Grima were the ones I had in mind, but forgot Legendary Divine Dragon Waifu (Tiki), so that would make three instead

Edited by Midnox

4 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Even if they were to change their mind, based on sales, about Mythic heroes eventually and their manner to handle them, they probably already commissioned a few of them already so I'm pretty confident the 'God' character thing will stick for a while, at the very least.

Remember legendary heroes?  We started with Fjorm, then got Gunnthra, then we only got alts of lords until Hrid.  When they launched with Fjorm I thought it was going to be super cool, OCs like Bruno, Veronica, and mythic characters like Anri and such.  That excitement died once they released Ike and it is obvious they completely changed their strategy.  I assume Gunnthra didn't sell well.

Since they alternate legendary and mythic heroes, I think maybe one mythic is already commissioned (the one in March) but if these don't sell well, I fully expect them to go to boring alt fest lords.  

27 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Remember legendary heroes?  We started with Fjorm, then got Gunnthra, then we only got alts of lords until Hrid.  When they launched with Fjorm I thought it was going to be super cool, OCs like Bruno, Veronica, and mythic characters like Anri and such.  That excitement died once they released Ike and it is obvious they completely changed their strategy.  I assume Gunnthra didn't sell well.

Since they alternate legendary and mythic heroes, I think maybe one mythic is already commissioned (the one in March) but if these don't sell well, I fully expect them to go to boring alt fest lords.  

They seem to decide characters at least six months in advance. So by the time Fjorm launched, Ike, Ephraim, Robin, Lyn, and Ryoma, at least, were all already on the way. The plan was always to start with OCs and then turn into lord alts.

Mythic heroes are the response to complaints about that. (Incidentally, they started about six months after the legendary complaints really turned sour, with Lyn and Ryoma.) By now, the March, May, and July mythic heroes at minimum are already set in stone, and they probably have stuff sketched out even further in advance than that.

28 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

That excitement died once they released Ike and it is obvious they completely changed their strategy.

I'm pretty sure they had the lineup planned long beforehand.

There simply weren't any other original characters that they could have used considering that they clearly want to keep Veronica and Bruno unplayable for the foreseeable future. Ylgr wasn't even introduced in the story until long after Ike's release, and Hrid came even later than that. The other antagonists were also obviously not going to be on banners until after the story arc was over at the very minimum.

It's completely implausible that they could have "changed their strategy" between Gunnthra's and Ike's releases considering both the time frame of under a month and the complete lack of other characters that Ike could have replaced on a Legendary Hero banner.

56 minutes ago, Othin said:

They seem to decide characters at least six months in advance. So by the time Fjorm launched, Ike, Ephraim, Robin, Lyn, and Ryoma, at least, were all already on the way. The plan was always to start with OCs and then turn into lord alts.

Mythic heroes are the response to complaints about that. (Incidentally, they started about six months after the legendary complaints really turned sour, with Lyn and Ryoma.) By now, the March, May, and July mythic heroes at minimum are already set in stone, and they probably have stuff sketched out even further in advance than that.

I think the six months is a major exaggeration, I could see 3 months or something, but not half a year.  I don't think the plan was always to start OC and turn to lord alts, I think it was OCs and then characters of legend.  I mean they put these serious lord alts on new hero banners anyways so what is the point of putting them on legendary banners too?  

53 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm pretty sure they had the lineup planned long beforehand.

There simply weren't any other original characters that they could have used considering that they clearly want to keep Veronica and Bruno unplayable for the foreseeable future. Ylgr wasn't even introduced in the story until long after Ike's release, and Hrid came even later than that. The other antagonists were also obviously not going to be on banners until after the story arc was over at the very minimum.

It's completely implausible that they could have "changed their strategy" between Gunnthra's and Ike's releases considering both the time frame of under a month and the complete lack of other characters that Ike could have replaced on a Legendary Hero banner.

Ike could have been planned, but being on a new hero banner (like the Radiant dawn one).  They could commission art for many characters and can choose what banners to put them on.  Horse Chrom definitely looks like he was originally intended for a legendary banner.   Bruno was already turned good before book 2 and was searching for a cure, maybe he was planned as a legendary hero.  Besides which they could have gone to characters of legend as I said above that they went to serious alts which are already on new hero banners anyways seems fishy.

With Mythic characters they specifically said god characters, and they started with Duma.  If the mythic after next, so that would be May, they just have an alt of a lord or something I think it would be clear they changed their strategy according to sales.  Mythics already commissioned might show up as a GHB with some altered skill set and be dropped from being a mythic hero.  

I'm excited as anyone else about Duma and what it may say for future mythic hero possibilities.  However I never thought alts would appear on new hero banners, I never thought alts would appear on legendary banners either.  So I wouldn't be surprised if they just go back to alts for mythic banners too.  

17 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I think the six months is a major exaggeration, I could see 3 months or something, but not half a year.  I don't think the plan was always to start OC and turn to lord alts, I think it was OCs and then characters of legend.  I mean they put these serious lord alts on new hero banners anyways so what is the point of putting them on legendary banners too?  

Their response time to literally everything character-wise is 6-12 months. CYL is the most obvious one, but also stuff like taking 6 months to kill the Eirika-style New Heroes alts, 6 months from the first summer banners to the first dedicated non-3DS seasonal banner, etc.

My best guess for the double kinds of alts is that they wanted to explore the lords in multiple ways, ex. legendary Eirika as regular promoted Eirika and Gleipnir Eirika as a new role for her. Not a great decision, which is why they ended up scaling back on the legendary ones and stopping the ones on new character banners entirely.

31 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I think the six months is a major exaggeration, I could see 3 months or something, but not half a year.

3 months? As somebody whose field of work is marketing and human resources, I can assure this is impossible unless you're talking Smash Bros. Melee levels of rushed work. The whole process of making a character banner has a lot more in-between steps than you may think.

As of this post, I wouldn't be surprised if they're starting to work on this year's Halloween units.

40 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Ike could have been planned, but being on a new hero banner (like the Radiant dawn one).  They could commission art for many characters and can choose what banners to put them on.  Horse Chrom definitely looks like he was originally intended for a legendary banner.   Bruno was already turned good before book 2 and was searching for a cure, maybe he was planned as a legendary hero.  Besides which they could have gone to characters of legend as I said above that they went to serious alts which are already on new hero banners anyways seems fishy.

You keep saying "there are other characters they could have put on the Legendary Heroes banners", but still have not offered a single one. They clearly have zero intent to release Bruno at this point in the story considering that neither he nor Veronica are available despite the fact that we're now starting Book 3. Chrom is literally one and the same as the other Legendary alt characters and therefore doesn't help your argument that "they were originally planning original characters, but switched to alts after realizing they weren't selling".

You have provided zero credible evidence for your argument.