Our First Mythic Hero Banner Appears! Duma: God of Strength (Jan 30 ~ )

Coolmanio

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Same, attack speed solo will be nice on Naesala. In all seriousness, did you get her on her debut banner? 

There's a special place in hell for those that fodder Eirika Sadly no. Legendary banners hate me and in her debut banner I got the other two instead and -Atk to boot. I think I foddered L!Ike and S!Tana is still around but I barely use her. This time I'm banking on the TT and anniversary orbs for a better chance. 

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

There's a special place in hell for those that fodder Eirika Sadly no. Legendary banners hate me and in her debut banner I got the other two instead and -Atk to boot. I think I foddered L!Ike and S!Tana is still around but I barely use her. This time I'm banking on the TT and anniversary orbs for a better chance. 

Here's a Reddit post that will cheer you up. 

Do you have a plan to +10 all Eirikas? 

Duma is...

Spoiler

essentially a +Res, -Spd M!Grima and also has an Atk superboon. Compared to M!Grima, Duma has -3 Spd, -1 Def, and +4 Res. Also, with him being a god essentially, Duma having a trainee boost would have made sense to show how powerful he is.

Edited by Kaden

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

All glory unto Duma.......'s stats [DATAMINE]:

Hide contents

duma_lv_1__40.png

174 total by the way, so boo. Credit to Xanek, as per usual.

Spoiler

I guess he's less of a threat compared to Surtr

Edited by Icelerate

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Their response time to literally everything character-wise is 6-12 months. CYL is the most obvious one, but also stuff like taking 6 months to kill the Eirika-style New Heroes alts, 6 months from the first summer banners to the first dedicated non-3DS seasonal banner, etc.

My best guess for the double kinds of alts is that they wanted to explore the lords in multiple ways, ex. legendary Eirika as regular promoted Eirika and Gleipnir Eirika as a new role for her. Not a great decision, which is why they ended up scaling back on the legendary ones and stopping the ones on new character banners entirely.

They've continued to have new hero alts though.  Adrift which was just 2 months ago was 3/4 alts.  The beast introduction banner wasn't going to have alts, but I have zero confidence they have stopped this.  Alts have infected every type of banner.  First it was seasonals, me being new to gacha, though okay....people like existing heroes in silly costumes I guess?  Though I wondered why not just have costumes for purchase or something.  Then new hero banners, then legendary banners.  Mythic banners is now the last bastion new characters only.  Once that is infected too it is all over. 

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

You keep saying "there are other characters they could have put on the Legendary Heroes banners", but still have not offered a single one. They clearly have zero intent to release Bruno at this point in the story considering that neither he nor Veronica are available despite the fact that we're now starting Book 3. Chrom is literally one and the same as the other Legendary alt characters and therefore doesn't help your argument that "they were originally planning original characters, but switched to alts after realizing they weren't selling".

You have provided zero credible evidence for your argument.

I don't work for IS, I'm not in the development meetings, I have no recordings or documents in possession.  However low sales, they go to alts on legendary hero banners.  They stay on alts for legendary banners............for an eternity until Hrid.  If there are low sales on Duma and the next mythic which I presume will be a god....and then they forever switch to lord alts that seems a more reasonable conclusion than it was always planned that way.  

Spoiler

Duma's BST is super disappointing.  Here I am hoping for great sales which is dependent on whales pulling.  They have already gone 180BST with Tiki, Myrrh and Surtr and now this supposed 'god' comes in with BST of yesteryear.  Seriously they are setting up Duma for failure, I will remember this if sales are bad and we get alt crap on mythic banners later.

I don't quite get the disappointment

Spoiler

Perhaps it means IS is realizing 180 was a mistake. Curtailing Duma's stats are a way of trying to fix this, by avoiding putting out more of the problem. The better solution would have been to nerf those with 180 presently, but I don't think they'd ever tamper with anyone already out there. This was the next best thing.

Of course, if they give 180 out again later, then this premise is debunked and Duma was truly wronged.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't quite get the disappointment

Reveal hidden contents

Perhaps it means IS is realizing 180 was a mistake. Curtailing Duma's stats are a way of trying to fix this, by avoiding putting out more of the problem. The better solution would have been to nerf those with 180 presently, but I don't think they'd ever tamper with anyone already out there. This was the next best thing.

Of course, if they give 180 out again later, then this premise is debunked and Duma was truly wronged.

Don't think they can go back.

Spoiler

I think they wronged Duma, I'm sure we will see more 180BST units in the future, and maybe even higher.  I am pessimistic about Mythic banner future now.  

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

I don't work for IS, I'm not in the development meetings, I have no recordings or documents in possession.  However low sales, they go to alts on legendary hero banners.  They stay on alts for legendary banners............for an eternity until Hrid.

And now you're just repeating the same stuff I already discredited you for a page back, and you're still making the same baseless assumptions.

You have not supplied evidence that Gunnthra's banner resulted in below-expectation sales. You have not made an argument for why Hrid was released as a Legendary Hero when he doesn't fit your pattern and could easily have been on the Fire and Ice banner instead. You have not made a convincing argument for what they would have released in place of what we got for Legendary Heroes if they actually did change course. You have not substantiated your claim that the marketing team could have feasibly changed plans in under a month's time when it has been shown time and time again that their ability to respond to feedback, both verbal and monetary, is at a glacial pace.

All you're doing is spouting your own headcanon like a broken record as if it were truth.

@Lewyn Duma literally has 15 extra points of stats on his weapon. Not only are they 15 points of stats, they're 15 points of stats in the right stats with a relatively trivial activation condition.

EDIT: Side note: I'm a bit disappointed Duma doesn't show off his abs in his damaged art.

EDIT 2: Not even 100 orbs in and I already have 2 copies of Duma (neutral and [+Atk, -Def]) and 2 copies of Loki ([+Atk, -Res] and [+Atk, -Spd]). Why no Linde!?

Edited by Ice Dragon

6 hours ago, Lewyn said:

They've continued to have new hero alts though.  Adrift which was just 2 months ago was 3/4 alts.  The beast introduction banner wasn't going to have alts, but I have zero confidence they have stopped this.  Alts have infected every type of banner.  First it was seasonals, me being new to gacha, though okay....people like existing heroes in silly costumes I guess?  Though I wondered why not just have costumes for purchase or something.  Then new hero banners, then legendary banners.  Mythic banners is now the last bastion new characters only.  Once that is infected too it is all over. 

I said new character banners. The FE4, Conquest, and FE10 banners all didn't have any. Only time will tell if that trend holds, but I think it will.

"Once they're infected, it's all over" is a pretty nonsensical thing to say about a banner type that didn't even exist a few months ago, anyway. We'd already thought all the banner types had alts, and then they added a new one that doesn't.

On 29/1/2019 at 4:17 AM, Sentinel07 said:

I don't get the lukewarm response either. Gaiden/Echoes finally has a Legendary/Mythic character, and it happens to be a character we've never controlled before. It's not even an alt. It's a new character.

And yet everyone is still down in the dumps on it. I'll never understand this fanbase.

pretty much my exact feeling

>we never got the chance to control him in his game

>completely new hero for the game, no alts nor anything

>he looks freakin' awesome (i love his roman-like armor)

people's reaction: "who is he"

sure, we all have different tastes and opinions, but geez, can't we all be happy when a completely new hero is added to the game, since this is its point?

Edited by Yexin

Had only 22 orbs unfortunately at the time but I still got a neutral Loki which was one of my targets. Gave her dazzling staff, panic ploy and a hp seal and she is a pretty good and fun unit. Now I will wait as the anniversary is coming and possibly we will get more orbs and stuff

Spoiler

hopefully a legendary/mythic picking event so that I can have a bonus unit for the next season (Duma).

It's not unreasonable to not be overly excited about a character you don't know so I find it difficult to hate part of the fan base for it but it still makes me sad and explains why banners of older games will only seldom appear.

I probably wouldn't care about characters I don't know either but hey, I'm enough of a FE freak to be amongst the few to have played and enjoyed all the games.  I even played the satellite view games. 

If I played a gacha games based on Dragon Quest for example, I'd probably only be excited about the few characters I know from the games I played and ignore the rest as well. 

Edited by Vince777

Spent the 48 orbs I had plus the 9 orbs from the MHB and managed to snag one 5*, who was thankfully Duma. Shame that he's -Atk, but at least he's +def and his weapon kind of makes up for it. I'll definitely put him on my defense team and bless a couple of units to make def losses less painful in Anima seasons.

14 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I probably wouldn't care about characters I don't know either but hey, I'm enough of a FE freak to be amongst the few to have played and enjoyed all the games. 

I skipped out on the Awakening/Fates games, so all those banners elicit a "why do I care" response. It's... an interesting experience.

16 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

If I played a gacha games based on Dragon Quest for example, I'd probably only be excited about the few characters I know from the games I played and ignore the rest as well. 

Doesn't help I'm fairly sure Rivals is JP only now. I'm definitely interested in DQ fanservice, but unfortunately, I don't think I have the consoles.

18 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

explains why banners of older games will only seldom appear.

Ultimately, I think the problem is that the not-Awakening/Fates crowd is so diverse that, even assuming they were equal in size to the Awakening/Fates group, appealing to them in a broad sense is much more difficult. Some dislike Echoes. Some have never played Tellius. Some struggle to emulate Jugdral. Some never got the appeal of Marth. And some find the GBA lords overrated.

53 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Ultimately, I think the problem is that the not-Awakening/Fates crowd is so diverse that, even assuming they were equal in size to the Awakening/Fates group, appealing to them in a broad sense is much more difficult. Some dislike Echoes. Some have never played Tellius. Some struggle to emulate Jugdral. Some never got the appeal of Marth. And some find the GBA lords overrated.

of course it's difficult, if they try to do that so rarely

btw, i think i'll wait and see what the anniversary has in store for us (inb4 they'll throwjust a buncha orbs at us just and call it a day), but i really hope to get a duma sooner or later

sadly, i don't think the game deserves my money anymore (implying it ever did), so i'm pulling only for characters i REALLY want

...so yeah, i might as well end up saving 5000 orbs for erinys and/or arthur

Edited by Yexin

If I hadn't played the games, I'd still be interested in learning more about other characters, especially the ones that looked cool or cute, personally. I'd also not want to see the same characters again and again, even if I knew them. But I know not everyone is like that >.<

Gah, I want to go for Duma but I know I'd have too many pitybreaks. I'll wait -.- It's hard -.-

Who else voted for Duma in the CYL 3? Raise hands now. Anyone else? Just me?

His face looks kind of weird. Too soft or something. Might have been nice if they kept it shadowed like in Shadows of Valentia.

Edited by Jotari