Our First Mythic Hero Banner Appears! Duma: God of Strength (Jan 30 ~ )

Coolmanio

I still have over 200 orbs. I’m rather tempted to keep summoning there, but not for Duma, but for Loki and Laegjarn.

edit: well, didn’t get the desired units. Got pity broken by a FOURTH :dry: Summer Linde. But got Legendary Eirika and another Vanguard Ike

Edited by Midnox

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

His face looks kind of weird. Too soft or something. Might have been nice if they kept it shadowed like in Shadows of Valentia.

His manly chin is all that matters.

2 hours ago, Midnox said:

I still have over 200 orbs. I’m rather tempted to keep summoning there, but not for Duma, but for Loki and Laegjarn.

edit: well, didn’t get the desired units. Got pity broken by a FOURTH :dry: Summer Linde. But got Legendary Eirika and another Vanguard Ike

I will trade you all 7 of the Lokis I got from this banner so far for a Linde that isn't +Def, +Res, or +HP. T_T

Edited by Ice Dragon

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I will trade you all 7 of the Lokis I got from this banner so far for a Linde that isn't +Def, +Res, or +HP. T_T

Dunno my Lindes IVs, but I’d gladly trade them with your Lokies 

10 hours ago, Othin said:

I said new character banners. The FE4, Conquest, and FE10 banners all didn't have any. Only time will tell if that trend holds, but I think it will.

"Once they're infected, it's all over" is a pretty nonsensical thing to say about a banner type that didn't even exist a few months ago, anyway. We'd already thought all the banner types had alts, and then they added a new one that doesn't.

Adrift was a new hero banner, the units are in the regular pool.  Either way time will tell, but I don't have much hope.

7 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Adrift was a new hero banner, the units are in the regular pool.  Either way time will tell, but I don't have much hope.

I didn't say New Heroes banners. I said new character banners. Most New Heroes banners are new character banners, but there are some exceptions, like Adrift and CYL. (Fallen Heroes is the other one so far. There could be more in the future.)

I use the term "new character banner" to specify that I'm referring to only the New Heroes banners that aren't those.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

I use the term "new character banner" to specify that I'm referring to only the New Heroes banners that aren't those.

Adrift had Mikoto, and Fallen Heroes had Hardin, so afaict they qualify as new character banners. If they don't, then none of the New Heroes banners with alts qualify.

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Adrift had Mikoto, and Fallen Heroes had Hardin, so afaict they qualify as new character banners. If they don't, then none of the New Heroes banners with alts qualify.

Adrift and Fallen Heroes were alt banners that included an alt of a character who did not yet have a regular version in the game. (Adrift Mikoto is not normal Mikoto and Fallen Hardin is not normal Hardin.) Seasonal banners have done the same thing, like Performing Arts. They're still alt banners.

The other New Heroes banners with alts are different from Fallen Heroes and Adrift. They all have at least half the units on their banner as new characters, and fully normal versions of the new characters, not alts. The distinction matters.

We can also see the distinction in terms of demotes. New Heroes banners get demotes unless they're based around alts, CYL, or OCs. (Or more than one of those, such as the main CYL banners.) That's why Fallen Heroes and Adrift are the only non-CYL, non-OC New Heroes banners not to have demotes.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

No issue with his chin, he had that in Echoes. It's those beady eyes that offend me.

After being completely exhausted by the laguz banner (and I didn't even get a decent nature Tibarn! >:\ ) I've grinded every available orb from the February quest to try and get Tiki and or Duma. Got pity broken by Dancing Ryoma and Loki. Two units I have absolutely no interest in, but at least they're two units I don't have already. Pretty sure now the only orbs avilable to me in the game before now and the banner ends are the daily quests, tempest trials and voting guantlet, which I highly doubt will be enough. Gah, I think I'm finally going to spend some actual money on this game. Someone talk me out of it.

Edited by Jotari

Not even going to bother counting the total number of summons from this banner. I'm pretty sure this game hates me, though, considering I got more than 1 and a half times more copies of Linde and Loki each compared to Duma.

Pulled green and colorless until I got my first copy of Elincia (which happened to be my first green 5-star anyways), then focused on only colorless. Career total in parentheses:

• Duma: 11 (11)
  • Linde: 17 (23)
  • Loki: 17 (29)
  • Lyn: 2 (16)
  • Elincia: 2 (3)
  • Ephraim: 5 (10)
  • Kilff: 1 (3)

What the everloving fuck am I supposed to do with that many copies of Loki. She doesn't even come with Wrathful Staff or Dazzling Staff to make having that many copies worthwhile.

On 1/31/2019 at 5:21 AM, Baldrick said:

Hardin and Mikoto's appearance means the number of characters represented in Heroes increased.

On 1/30/2019 at 7:39 PM, Othin said:

Seasonal banners have done the same thing, like Performing Arts. They're still alt banners.

Have next to no orbs to begin with. Got pity broke by Dancying Ryoma, twice. Fuck you Dancing Ryoma (also got a Loki).

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not even going to bother counting the total number of summons from this banner. I'm pretty sure this game hates me, though, considering I got more than 1 and a half times more copies of Linde and Loki each compared to Duma.

Pulled green and colorless until I got my first copy of Elincia (which happened to be my first green 5-star anyways), then focused on only colorless. Career total in parentheses:

• Duma: 11 (11)
  • Linde: 17 (23)
  • Loki: 17 (29)
  • Lyn: 2 (16)
  • Elincia: 2 (3)
  • Ephraim: 5 (10)
  • Kilff: 1 (3)

What the everloving fuck am I supposed to do with that many copies of Loki. She doesn't even come with Wrathful Staff or Dazzling Staff to make having that many copies worthwhile.

Doesn't she have a reasonably valuable A skill that actually lets you play in the Arena without using armours? Arena isn't my jam so I don't really pay attention to those skills but I thought that was the gist of it. There are worse skills than Odd Attack Wave too. Linde looks she has less desirable skills to deal out compared to Loki. Still an unnecessarily high number of either of them to get. How much money are you pumping into this game?

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Doesn't she have a reasonably valuable A skill that actually lets you play in the Arena without using armours? Arena isn't my jam so I don't really pay attention to those skills but I thought that was the gist of it.

The Duel skills are restricted by color and movement type, so Loki's C Duel Infantry is only usable by colorless infantry, i.e. bow infantry (which don't do damage to armors), dagger infantry (which don't do damage to armors), and staff infantry (where I may as well just use Loki herself).

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

There are worse skills than Odd Attack Wave too.

Wave skills may as well not exist for me with how reliable they are. At least until we get Sacred Seals for all of them.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Linde looks she has less desirable skills to deal out compared to Loki.

But she's cute and Loki isn't. And I have enough of her to make two +10's.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

How much money are you pumping into this game?

About half of my disposable income.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Duel skills are restricted by color and movement type, so Loki's C Duel Infantry is only usable by colorless infantry, i.e. bow infantry (which don't do damage to armors), dagger infantry (which don't do damage to armors), and staff infantry (where I may as well just use Loki herself).

Ah. I see. There aren't many bow infantry to get all that excited about.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Wave skills may as well not exist for me with how reliable they are. At least until we get Sacred Seals for all of them.

Don't really see the unreliability. Sure they only work every second turn, but you can plan around that. They also buff the unit that has them equipped which makes them less dependent on ally proximity. Aside from Tactics (which don't buff the user), they're my most preferred C Skills.

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Don't really see the unreliability. Sure they only work every second turn, but you can plan around that.

The maps where performance actually matters are the ones where you have less leeway for which turn you engage in combat on.

Top-tier Arena is currently filled with armor-effective armors, Tibarn, and Legendary Azura where armors typically need to be fought on turns where they won't end up standing on fortification tiles and Tibarn doesn't wait to run at you with his 3-movement range and flier mobility with Azura sending him into your lines even faster.

Aether Raids only gives you 7 turns to clear the map. Reinforcements in Abyssal maps won't wait for every other turn to swarm you.

Tactic and Drive skills are far more reliable than Wave skills, as are movement-type-specific buff skills. Or just Armor March.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Don't really see the unreliability.

My main issue with wave skills isn't that they're un-usable. (I usually have tons of turns free in AR, and while the teams I run into in Arena are more mobile than the teams Ice Dragon runs into, my team doesn't give a shit about arena score. So it's so ridiculously mobile that 3 move melee isn't too much different from 1 move melee when they're on the enemy team, which means I don't have turn-control issues.)

The problem is that, why am I jumping through hoops for zero gain? Hone Type and Hone Atk 4 both buff for more while also being more consistent. I'm willing to jump through a lot of hoops for a performance increase, but doing the same thing for a performance decrease is kind of derpy.

The only time I use Wave skills is when a unit starts with it, because yeah, it's not exactly optimal, but I'm lazy enough that I'd just live with the fact that I have to focus on turn-control a bit more when I'm using that unit.

(Mind, even in Abyssal I feel like the enemy units come slowly enough that you can afford to only kill them every other turn, but again that's just fixing a problem you didn't need to have in the first place.)

Edited by DehNutCase

14 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

My main issue with wave skills isn't that they're un-usable. (I usually have tons of turns free in AR, and while the teams I run into in Arena are more mobile than the teams Ice Dragon runs into, my team doesn't give a shit about arena score. So it's so ridiculously mobile that 3 move melee isn't too much different from 1 move melee when they're on the enemy team, which means I don't have turn-control issues.)

The problem is that, why am I jumping through hoops for zero gain? Hone Type and Hone Atk 4 both buff for more while also being more consistent. I'm willing to jump through a lot of hoops for a performance increase, but doing the same thing for a performance decrease is kind of derpy.

The only time I use Wave skills is when a unit starts with it, because yeah, it's not exactly optimal, but I'm lazy enough that I'd just live with the fact that I have to focus on turn-control a bit more when I'm using that unit.

(Mind, even in Abyssal I feel like the enemy units come slowly enough that you can afford to only kill them every other turn, but again that's just fixing a problem you didn't need to have in the first place.)

The main advantage would be that they self buff the user. The only C skill to do so (aside from Armour March I believe), I wouldn't suggest a full team of Wavers, but for individual units they can be useful. Both versions of Myrrh for example I have Even Defense Wave on to give greater certainty that their weapon's special effect will activate and just in general to make sure they can wall any physical threat without the need of ally support. Ultimately I do prefer the Tactics skills as they give the best buffs for reach  and their only downside is that you need a mixed team which I tend to want to play as anyway. But I don't need all four of my units running Tactics skills, especially now they're available as seals, so having one of them with a Wave skill that can help them if they get separated from the crowd can produce positive results.

Or like Ice said, you could just use Armour March and play Armour Emblem for maximum results.

Edited by Jotari

12 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Savage. Blow.

It works every unit-turn.

The C-slot isn't free even on your 'carry.'

What? Savage Blow doens't buff the user. Unless you mean it makes the user better, which of course it does, every skill does that. And I don't even know what you mean by carry.

43 minutes ago, Jotari said:

The main advantage would be that they self buff the user. The only C skill to do so (aside from Armour March I believe), I wouldn't suggest a full team of Wavers, but for individual units they can be useful.

Armor March, Joint Hone Atk, and With Everyone! (which is just Joint Fortify Def and Joint Fortify Res in one skill) all target the user.

The thing is that a lot of the time, I don't need a buff to affect the user. In a full cavalry or flier team, you can just run 4 Hone, 3 Hone + 1 Fortify (on a non-Litrblade unit), or 2 Hone + 2 Fortify and still have buffs on everyone. On my Drive/Tactic teams, there are usually some stats that certain units don't need. For example, Legendary Lucina doesn't need the effect of her own Distant Guard because she isn't an enemy-phase unit.

Really, the one use I see for Wave skills is for Ophelia once we get Even/Odd Atk Wave as a Sacred Seal since she literally only needs one stat to function.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Joint Hones do that too. The downside is you have to be right next to a unit compared to how wave skills can still apply the self buff regardless of where the unit currently is.

Well I like joint hones and that adjacent part is a downside only in certain cases. For example Legendary Tiki's personal C slot is in practice a joint hone Def/Res however, it does work nice in this case as she is an armor unit and likes to stay near her allies. But generally tactics are way better, the only instance I would use a wave over a tactic are the Spd waves, as Spd tactic is a quite rare skill if a unit has some spd self buffing skill then I will prefer it.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

What? Savage Blow doens't buff the user. Unless you mean it makes the user better, which of course it does, every skill does that. And I don't even know what you mean by carry.

-Hp on relevant enemies is extremely similar to +Atk on self. That's why my Rein runs SB rather than Hone Cav when he's running his CC -blade set. (It's also why I actually rate that set lower than regular dire thunder. I value being able to support the team extremely highly. The fact that Rein has to pack SB means that he can't be in a team with cavalry that need Hone Cav.)

By 'carry' I'm talking about that 'one' selfish unit that sucks up every unit and skill-slot on the team in order to make the team function. They're units that scale well with support but also are units that don't tend to function well without support. Because of certain reasons sometimes you can't just run 4 'normal' units like Dire Thunder Rein + Brave Bow Lyn (which are units that do both combat and support reasonably well), and end up needing to run 2 Eir on every team. Which means you pretty much have to run units designed to do the majority of the work in exchange for sucking up so much skill slots across the whole team it's not even funny.

If you meant buffs by only skills that give field buffs to the user then, yeah, SB doesn't really count. But honestly a situation where you want one and only one field buff over things other C slots do that make yourself better is so niche that it's a 'yeah, whatever' kind of situation. (Axe!Ephraim counts, but people like him are very much the exception rather than the rule, and I don't rate skills based on stuff like that without an extremely good reason.)

Edited by DehNutCase