Legendary Hero Battle of the Gods: Duma

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By Naga that was tense. In the end my usual trio couldn't get the job done and I had to resort to using Giga!Nino. There's probably a way I could do it without a flier, but I can't be bothered to find it. The terrain was almost more of a problem than the enemies; that giant void in the center of the map really limits your maneuvering options and that starting flier trio is really fast.

1. Julia+3: Divine Naga w. effect, Swap, Glacies, Fury 3, QR2, Drive Spd 2, Atk/Spd 2 seal
  2. L!Lucina+2: Luna, Spd/Def 2 seal
  3. Masked Marth+8: Reposition, Luna, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Hone Spd 3, Even Def Wave 1 seal (IDK why I put that on)
  4. Giga!Nino+1: Reposition, Res+1 seal

Lucina's WoM/Future Vision and Nino's Acrobatics came in handy so many times here to either avoid enemies or set up aggressive kills. Julia did a decent amount, especially wiping out Duma, while Marth mostly sat around Repositioning, although she took out a few enemies at the end.

Beat Infernal first try with an all Birb Laguz team. Didn't have to swap around any skills or really adjust anything. Tibarn could one-round Duma sfter being healed to full health and buffed by the Herons. As I was dealing with Duma and the goons around him, the entire left side of the map somehow never decided to destroy the bottom pillar and was simply stuck for the most part. Once I was finished on the right, it allowed me to easily pick them off one by one while dancing out as necessary. Three move birbs trivialize this map.

Now I am curious to see if I can pull off Abyssal with them...

Abyssal Duma in One Turn: 

First Time Gerome (no Raven yet)! That was much more of a challenge than the last BHBs/GHBs. 

Cordelia needed SPD smoke to help Elincia quad the red mage (RIP FH!Takumi #2). Dark Breath+ on the Green Dragon made things harder. Also Flier Formation gets some use, even if Escape Route would have worked too. Alm needs that defensive special to not die in the end (with the merge update he would have had enough HP to survive naturally), 71 ATK is insane. 

Sorry for the missing sound, I'll rerecord later. 

@SatsumaFSoysoy Thanks for the topic! It's a MHB though. 

Edited by mampfoid

@mampfoid @LordFrigid @Landmaster @daisy jane

"This is why I possessed a tactician."

There's so much swag and close calls in this map that I lost track of which was which, save for that hilarious kill that Drunk Ninian got. Unsurprisingly since Duma and his buddies were stuck on the other side of the wall, all of the difficulty came from the massive amount of fliers, mostly the Fáfnirs at the start. It took a lot of trial and error to avoid getting instagibbed in the crucial turns of maneuvering around the wall, and I had to pull out the big gun fliers to make it possible, but F!Grima was up to the task. It probably would've been easier if I used a Bow Flier, but I wanted to challenge myself.

Fun hint: enemies that don't have a path to your units won't move! And if no one is in range of the breakable wall (or they have a unit to hit instead), they will leave it alone, stranding themselves!

Edited by Some Jerk

3 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Fun hint: enemies that don't have a path to your units won't move! And if no one is in range of the breakable wall (or they have a unit to hit instead), they will leave it alone, stranding themselves!

Yeah, I noticed this solving Infernal. It's really hilarious when you have all those heavy fighting and then ... *lunch break*, everyone stops moving. 

Wow, great clear. Jealous of your flying Dragons, they make a cool squad. Too bad Grima didn't show Duma her superiour might, but Tiki had the better tools. 

48 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Too bad Grima didn't show Duma her superiour might, but Tiki had the better tools. 

An attempt was made, but Duma's gigantic Res just didn't cooperate even with Growing Wind ready. I had to soften him up from over the wall to make it work, which wasn't nearly as entertaining.

Fortunately, this beautiful moment makes up for it.
https://imgur.com/DyNFNpD

Edited by Some Jerk

The split up team is an interesting challenge and neat callback. My flier team doesn't work well under those conditions, but on Infernal I was able to get them together and stomp it anyway. Haven't tried Abyssal yet.

1 hour ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Foddering so many units just for this clear probably wasn't worth it in the long term, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Haha, welcome to my world. Perhaps one day I'll make a list of all the one-time SI I did for these clears. 

Btw: Wonderful how you are able to clear all these maps with the same units. Effective damage + Astra is a classic, even if I didn't think of it this time. Congrats! 

Did you inherit Chill ATK and that Link skill only for this clear? 

58 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Fortunately, this beautiful moment makes up for it.
https://imgur.com/DyNFNpD

Haha, yeah - Desperation Moonbow for 1 damage for the kill, that was really nice. 

Edited by mampfoid

7 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

For now, here’s my attempt. Effective damage is fun.

Oh, very nice positioning! Also Tibarn, will he get GF at some point?

Of course Caeda gets the boss kill (something my Elincia wouldn't be able to), nice way to work around Dumas weapon. 

Mikoto passed her Abyssal test.
I did no fancy 1 turn this time, but I did one fancy run with Sonya, Mikoto, Julia and Axura. Only green and grey. Of course Julia was a great help.  

Edited by Stroud

Your team is split up, there are enemy reinforcements, and the map is awful (even for fliers because archers spawn). Yeah, I highly doubt I'm finding a solution to these on my own.

Here I present Hinoka, with bow in hand, blotting out the sun on Duma. 

Easiest abyssal so far thanks to owning a flying archer and the AI being roadblocked by that breakable wall. I beat it with a more "fair" flier team first, but I noticed Hinoka did most of the work so I tried using just her afterwards. It ended up being a pretty easy but fun idea.

Abyssal clear:

• Hinoka (kinshi)
  • Olivia (pegasus)
  • Azura (performing arts)
  • Tharja (original)

Like Book 1, Chapter 11-3 ("Mountain of Fear") this map's greatest weakness is the very gimmick intended to make it challenging: the division of the map.

I managed to clear lunatic! Kinshi Hinoka wrecks this one alongside RD Ike. lol I also used legendary Azura and NY Laevatein. I'm throwing on some more seals now and will see if they can do infernal too.

EDIT: Nope, guess infernal and higher aren't possible for me. Don't understand why, I have tons of fully built 5 star units. This should be easily possible.

Edited by Anacybele

@mampfoid It’s nice see Gerome in one of these! Alm taking out Duma was perfect, and it’ll be interesting to see how the merge change will affect things.

I’m glad some of y’all mentioned the ai trick because that makes this map soooo much easier. The initial three fliers are by far the hardest part of this map between their insane speed and lack of a dragon stone breaker, but once I figured them out I managed Infernal on the very next try. Abyssal’s another story though because Summer Camilla and Elincia just barely hit the thresholds they needed on Infernal.

Well, I think my Bow Lyn merges are paying off. She and Reinhardt took down Abyssal (took a few tries). That's the first Abyssal I've beaten without a guide. It may be a cheaper Bow Lyn / Reinhardt clear, but it still feels nice to beat one without a guide for once.

Edited by Tree