Legendary Hero Battle of the Gods: Duma

SatsumaFSoysoy

After some tries and seal switching I was able to clear Abyssal with a variation of my usual flier team. I used Kinshi!Hinoka, S!Corrin, NY!Azura and PA!Olivia. My dancers this time around were able to snag some kills and I didn't need to give anything fancy to Hinoka, just some repo and the atk/spd+2 seal. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, so I actually was able to find a way to clear infernal! I changed up Hinoka's skills a bit and used Yukata Elincia, RD Ike, and legendary Azura. I also had to give Elincia Wings of Mercy. But this strat will not work at all on abyssal, sadly. Hinoka no longer doubles all the fliers. I can't imagine how anyone clears this one without using videos for help.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, kirauza343 said:

@mampfoid It’s nice see Gerome in one of these! Alm taking out Duma was perfect, and it’ll be interesting to see how the merge change will affect things.

Yeah, it was giving Reposition/Goad Fliers to Gerome or his Poleaxe to someone else. I'm glad I could use him, usually his mother gets all the merits. 

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Huh, so I actually was able to find a way to clear infernal! I changed up Hinoka's skills a bit and used Yukata Elincia, RD Ike, and legendary Azura. I also had to give Elincia Wings of Mercy. But this strat will not work at all on abyssal, sadly. Hinoka no longer doubles all the fliers. I can't imagine how anyone clears this one without using videos for help.

If you are running a full flier team, you want to take out the three starting fliers and that one flier reinforcement with Aerobatics within the first two or three turns and decide on which side you want to focus on first and ignore the other side completely.

I tried focusing on the right side, but it did not really workout since there were not enough space to Reposition around, so I decided to focus on the left side instead and things were a lot easier.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

If you are running a full flier team, you want to take out the three starting fliers and that one flier reinforcement with Aerobatics within the first two or three turns and decide on which side you want to focus on first and ignore the other side completely.

I tried focusing on the right side, but it did not really workout since there were not enough space to Reposition around, so I decided to focus on the left side instead and things were a lot easier.

Obviously, I'm not running full fliers since I mentioned Yukata Elincia and Ike... So I can't do what you're saying with that team. I don't know if I have the right fliers anyway. I have two flying refreshers in legendary Azura and Reyson, though, so maybe there's some combination I can use.

@mampfoid

That was a briliiant clear as usual. I know you said it was challenging, but it honestly looked so smooth it's hard to believe. Gerome replaces his mom for today and perform excellently in both phases. Elincia and Cordelia team up to clear out the rabble in between (RIP indeed, but at least it was a worthy sacrifice). Alm utterly shreds Duma, just as it should be. Nice work recreating the SoV final battle on a one-turn clear!

As for myself, I actually did challenge Abyssal with my birb team. Let me tell you the tale of how Reyson became known as the God Slayer...:

@Landmaster @mcsilas @daisy jane @Azuris @kirauza343 @ruruo @Zeo @Sasori

Music: 1. You're... Immortal (Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone). 2. Silver for Monsters... (Witcher 3)

Sorry for the quality. I usually rerecord if major lags happen, but with how long the video is, it just got frustrating. Hopefully it's still entertaining to watch.

Compared to my past Abyssal clear, this one was rather easily handeld for the most part. For this difficulty I did actually have to do a bunch of switching and some SI though. Nothing major, except one screw up, were I forgot the Dance Skills were visible buffs, so my P!Olivia sadly died for nothing. At least I didn't use her for anything, but she had some collector's value. The rest of the skill line up definitely helped though. Tibarn and Naesala got roughed up at a lot of points, but thankfully their herons healed them up pretty quickly.

The hardest part was taking down Duma at the end. Had to do some serious buff stacking to help Naesala chip at him without dying. I actually had a couple attempts stopped short because nobody could kill Suma without getting murdered in retaliation. It wasn't until I left the armour for last that it all came together. I am very proud that Reyson got the Duma kill in the end, even though the latter was pretty weakened. I am curious to see how far I can take these guys in future Abyssals.

Oh and if anyone wants to follow this:

Tibarn: +Atk -Def, Only changes from base kit: Hit and Run, Atk 3 Seal. S-Support with Reyson.
Reyson: +Spd -Res, Changes from Base kit: Moonbow, Deathblow, WoM (although I don't think it's necessary), Spur Atk Seal. S-Support with Tibarn
Naesala: Neutral +2 merged. Changes: Luna, Hit and Run, Atk Smoke, Poison Strike Seal. S-Support with Leanne.
Leanne: +Atk -Spd. Changes: Blaze Dance (not sure if important), Def Ploy Seal. S-Support with Naesala.

Edited by Nanima

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I have two flying refreshers in legendary Azura and Reyson, though, so maybe there's some combination I can use.

I ran ASS!Takumi with Brave Bow and NS!F!Corrin with Blárblade, but any two flying nukes should work. I also ran HNY!Azura and BB!Ninian, but they did not do any combat outside of HNY!Azura taking out the blue mage flier, so any two flying Dancers/Singers should work too.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I ran ASS!Takumi with Brave Bow and NS!F!Corrin with Blárblade, but any two flying nukes should work. I also ran HNY!Azura and BB!Ninian, but they did not do any combat outside of HNY!Azura taking out the blue mage flier, so any two flying Dancers/Singers should work too.

I don't have any of those except summer Corrin who does run Blarblade+. And I tried her, Kinshi Hinoka, legendary Azura, and Reyson and it didn't work at all. So you can't use this idea.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

I don't have any of those except summer Corrin.

You have WOF!Hinoka too, and with NS!F!Corrin, you got two nukes. You also already got two flying Dancers/Singers. The units do not have to be exactly the same, they just need to perform the same roles. If you need some extra juice to power up your nukes, you can fodder a copy or two of HS!Camilla to give your Dancers/Singers Hone Fliers, and run Drive Atk and Drive Spd in their Sacred Seal slots.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

You have WOF!Hinoka too, and with NS!F!Corrin, you got two nukes. You also already got two flying Dancers/Singers. The units do not have to be exactly the same, they just need to perform the same roles. If you need some extra juice to power up your nukes, you can fodder a copy or two of HS!Camilla to give your Dancers/Singers Hone Fliers, and run Drive Atk and Drive Spd in their Sacred Seal slots.

I do use those seals. But they don't have Hone Fliers. Maybe that'll help.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have any of those except summer Corrin who does run Blarblade+. And I tried her, Kinshi Hinoka, legendary Azura, and Reyson and it didn't work at all. So you can't use this idea.

I think positioning might be your problem. My nukes were standard Blarblade+ Corrin and Kinshi Hinoka whose only SI was repo. Hinoka couldn't take out anything on turn 1 and positioning was crucial in order for her to snag a kill or two while Corrin didn't do anything except for baiting the blue mage flier. Corrin should do most of the work once you make it past the first couple of turns.

Normal clared with low HM units. Hard and Lunatic cleared with Marth, Saias, Lewyn and Genny. It actually deviated between the two strats because how I cleared hard wasn't working in Lunatic, to the point Saias had to take Duma out instead of Marth, though it was mostly taking out enemies as they came.

Infernal was a fucking doozy for me though, even if I cleared it with Caeda, Est, NY!Fjorm and Eir (Sorry, no themed clear here). So, I had to give Caeda Swap and the FF seal in order for her to give Fjorm an attack and speed boost and she still needed  Est with Goad Fliers in range to take out the green manakete (Being honest, that cluster of fliers is one of my most hated things in Heroes now) and allow her to easily deal with the blue mage on EP. Next turn she 1-rounds the red manakete after Caeda uses FF+Swap to move Eir next to Fjorm, Eir then moves to the range of the red mage and Est places herself near enough for next turn.  After the enemy phase, Est has to take out the lancer, Caeda swaps with Eir so she can reposition Est and Fjorm breaks the manakete. The next turn, Est just breaks Duma (I mean she near 1-shot) and I move about so that the mage get beaten by Fjorm. The turn after that saw the other armour die to Est (Again, I love the Whitewing Spear) and Eir and Fjorm finish the flier, while after that I finally turned to the other end of the map. I actually screwed up here first time, but made damm sure it didn't happen again, keeping the archers from following all the way and dealing with units effectively. As for Abyssal..... Just, not today.

As an aside from my failed attempts, it's made me come to the conclusion CC isn't worth it unless more reliable counters for adaptive damage are made because as it turns out the manakete will still hit the lower stat (RIP Canas build? :( )

1 minute ago, Tree said:

Would Hone Fliers go on the refresher units or the powerful ones?

I would put Hone Fliers on Dancers/Singers. HNY!Azura already comes with Hone Fliers and I gave her Drive Spd Sacred Seal. My BB!Ninian got Fresh Bouquet and Hone Attack Sacred Seal to simulate Hone Fliers, so she runs Fortify Fliers on the C slot to power up NS!F!Corrin even further.

Huh this wasn’t as bad as it originally looked, but it can be difficult if you don’t have a decent flying team. Cleared with summer Takumi, bridal Ninian, and the two flying Azuras

Also, is there a reason why the units on the left don’t go over and break the wall? I feel like the map would’ve been much harder if they did

Edited by Khid

Ok, I replaced my OT-video. Now it has audio as well. 

28 minutes ago, Nanima said:

That was a briliiant clear as usual. I know you said it was challenging, but it honestly looked so smooth it's hard to believe. Gerome replaces his mom for today and perform excellently in both phases. Elincia and Cordelia team up to clear out the rabble in between (RIP indeed, but at least it was a worthy sacrifice). Alm utterly shreds Duma, just as it should be. Nice work recreating the SoV final battle on a one-turn clear!

Thanks! 

I like to bring new units and Gerome is a cool guy. Alm is just too perfect to kill dragon bosses (he no chance against L!Tiki on a defense tile though). I gave him WoM3 for this clear (first he was supposed to beam near Cordelia instead of Elincia) and coincidentally Cain gives also Escutcheon. Without Escutcheon Duma gets a 100% kill against my -HP Alm. 

31 minutes ago, Nanima said:

As for myself, I actually did challenge Abyssal with my birb team. Let me tell you the tale of how Reyson became known as the God Slayer...:

Oh wow, an abyssal beast clear! I like how they can attack from the start because of their superior reach and retreat to safety easily. Also the healing ability of the blonde singers is really helpful here. 

It didn't take long to take out the armors in the end, I was surprised how easy it seemed. 

Beautiful clear, this was something new! 

31 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

I think positioning might be your problem. My nukes were standard Blarblade+ Corrin and Kinshi Hinoka whose only SI was repo. Hinoka couldn't take out anything on turn 1 and positioning was crucial in order for her to snag a kill or two while Corrin didn't do anything except for baiting the blue mage flier. Corrin should do most of the work once you make it past the first couple of turns.

Maybe. I do have more trouble with positioning than anything, I think.

I gave legendary Azura Hone Fliers. I chose to see if only one Hone Fliers unit would suffice, but I guess I need two.

16 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Nice use of Gerome, and fitting use of Alm as well!

Thanks! 

16 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Tibarn will probably not get Galeforce immediately, but I wouldn’t rule it out. He really came in handy here, with the unit deployment arrangement and his terrible Res.

With the beast refreshers he could be an alternative where Cavs can't go. 

Really tempted to go back to the beasts banner. 

I actually beat up to infernal Duma on my own this morning, so this is super delayed. I did the higher difficulties using a full flier team. Eir, bow Hinoka, summer Camilla, and NY!Azura eventually did the trick, although I had to restart multiple times to find that right positioning. Apparently, slapping an Iote's Shield seal on my 20 defense Camilla won me the map so she could take a hit from the bow cavalier and not die. Flier formation on Camilla and Hinoka (and on Eir as a sacred seal) and Hinoka's flier guidance were also big musts.