Legendary Hero Battle of the Gods: Duma

SatsumaFSoysoy

@mampfoid I thought you might have some problem clearing this map but you have done a great job once again !! It must be tiring to grind SP for skill inheritance you require to beat everything in one turn. Especially, on units that you don't have business to use them often.

@Zeo @mcsilas While I'm trying to pull for Hotspring Ryoma, there is no blue orb and I got pitybreak... so I use that pitybreak for this clear. No regret at all lol

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Ginko said:

@mampfoid I thought you might have some problem clearing this map but you have done a great job once again !! It must be tiring to grind SP for skill inheritance you require to beat everything in one turn. Especially, on units that you don't have business to use them often.

Thanks! I usually have all my GF units at minimum 3,000 SP. Gerome had a lot of SP as well, since he had been TT bonus unit in the past. 

Oh nooo, poor Hinoka. Don't you like her? The bucket is great on Kaze though, he immediately starts to wreak havoc ... and takes very few damage. He nearly clears the right side of the map alone ... even boss Duma stands no chance against his sneakyness. 

Funny how the green Cav prefers to attack Siegbert instead of Shiro. 

Cool clear, congrats! 

51 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Oh nooo, poor Hinoka. Don't you like her? The bucket is great on Kaze though, he immediately starts to wreak havoc ... and takes very few damage. He nearly clears the right side of the map alone ... even boss Duma stands no chance against his sneakyness. 

Funny how the green Cav prefers to attack Siegbert instead of Shiro.

It's not like I don't like Hinoka. But her stat is not optimal to use the bucket anyways. Kaze is one of magic counter who has more choices of weapons to choose rather than sticking to one weapon like Felicia. My first plan is to give him Star Fish from Linde combine with Mystic Boost but then I got the bucket so it's much easier with same result.

If I have a spare Nailah he can counter Dazzling staff immediately but for now just bucket is doing fine. All staff units cannot ORKO him anyways. I plan to +10 him along with Sothe so colorless is heaven for me right now lol .

Shiro is like, "come at me, don't hurt my boyfriend" and green cav said "nope, you are scary" but got killed by Siegbert anyways lol .

Edited by Ginko

22 hours ago, Nanima said:

@Sasori Wow, your team cleaned house. Yeah, it's sad that we can't always bring faves, but desperate times require the big guns. haha

Well Roy still ranks amongst them so it was a little bit of both.

Your bird team performed very well as well. Reyson is starting to get a bit of a reputation as the destroyer of bosses.

Phew, finally completed it! 
Featuring Jeorge trading Parthia for fish, Michalis, Olivia and Shigure. 

@Nanima 

@Landmaster Aw x'D It was really cool watching your Abyssal clear with the armours and Y!Azura! They're so cute and surprisingly effective. I think it's quite a tough map for relying on landlocked units since the sides are so narrow. Erika seem to have pulled a lot of weight supporting. I don't own any of those units or a lot of armours in general so it was very fun watching them action on a map like this! 

@mampfoid Rightly done with Alm vs. Duma finale on that one turn clear! x'D

10 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

What I really want to know is, who decided to throw that Blárserpent Flier in there. I do not like them.

Duma is one tough cookie.

Hmm no idea how beat that Blárserpent with a red mage, she arrives too late to get chipped by Savage blow. 

6 hours ago, ruruo said:

Rightly done with Alm vs. Duma finale on that one turn clear! x'D

Guess he deserved it (didn't finish SoV yet though). :-)

Nice clear yourself! 

Cool to see Michalis nearly finished, but ... Fishy Bow Special spiral Jeorge, woooow! 

12 hours ago, Ginko said:

@Zeo @mcsilas While I'm trying to pull for Hotspring Ryoma, there is no blue orb and I got pitybreak... so I use that pitybreak for this clear. No regret at all lol

Bucket Kaze yeesss, he works super well with it~  You sent him straight up to Duma's corner and he handled it almost totally by himself while Shiro and Seigbert destroyed the left side~ Pretty amazing clear!

10 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

What I really want to know is, who decided to throw that Blárserpent Flier in there. I do not like them.

Duma is one tough cookie.

That Blárserpent Flier was sadly mistaken, thinking  she came prepared for Celica~ Even the god of strength can't stop Celica

6 hours ago, ruruo said:

Phew, finally completed it! 
Featuring Jeorge trading Parthia for fish, Michalis, Olivia and Shigure. 

@Landmaster Aw x'D It was really cool watching your Abyssal clear with the armours and Y!Azura! They're so cute and surprisingly effective. I think it's quite a tough map for relying on landlocked units since the sides are so narrow. Erika seem to have pulled a lot of weight supporting. I don't own any of those units or a lot of armours in general so it was very fun watching them action on a map like this! 

Jeorge and Michalis demolished this map!~ Michalis is super tanky, I was getting worried the lower and lower he got~ Highly impressive! Even Olivia got a nice kill~ Nice to see Nohr!Shigure, he's a unit I like and hope I can get at some point~ Really fun clear to watch with the careful and specific positioning you did~

Thank you! It was a bit tough when I couldn't use Armor March, but once I got some positioning down right, it was smooth sailing~ Oh, and I finally summoned a +Atk Jeorge! It's been so nice being able to oneshot things without needing buffs to do it XD

This is the first time since Legendary Eirika I have managed to beat an Infernal LHB (er, I guess we can call this one an MHB technically) with a Summer Takumi solo strategy!

For such a momentous occasion, I just had to record this special battle.

This was definitely much more doable compared to the previous LHBs. It only took me a few tries to figure out the proper strategy for this one.

This is also the third time I've used Legendary Azura for this sort of battle (first was Naesala GHB, then was the most recent BHB), and man, she's been a huge asset in helping Summer Takumi solo those units so far!

@Zeo @mampfoid @Nanima @SatsumaFSoysoy @Rafiel's Aria @Ginko @Azuris @daisy jane @Landmaster @Alexmender

So, I'm really proud of this one, it's not every day I can get a proper game-themed team against a LHB (or MHB in this case), so here is an Echoes team against Duma!

Team is +Res/-HP Saber, +Res/-Def Celica, +Spd/-Def Clair and +Atk/-Def Delthea

Music is Twilight of the Gods from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (because it's too perfect and you can hear the intro here)

-Saber's refine with Delthea's Dark Aura and Drive Atk support is an insanely good combo. Also really appreciate Saber's Res boon against the dragon. He also needed the Bond seal to prevent being doubled by that darn Darting Blow dragon. So happy how his refine improved him, and it's nice to use him and Delthea in a clear since they were my first SoV units in the game (and came on my first pulls in their debut banners respectively)

-Clair really shines in this map, her weapon and mobility allows her to quickly delete horses while her Res allows her to take on those pesky flying dragons. Shoutout to @Hilda since I was inspired about how you say how good Clair is against dragons.

-I finally given Celica her refine and boy does Ragnarok deliver. Double Brazen is addictive. Her and Heavy Blade Delthea make for a devastating magical nuking combo.

----

Now for late comments-

@Ginko Aww poor Hinoka, but Kaze does make good use of those buckets! Shiro tanks the left side really well (Aether tanks are great for that side) and flying dancers make this map a lot easier (darn water/swamp tiles!)

@Hilda Nifl Emblem looks like such a fun team with all those debuffs, I just need a Gunnthra! Hrid's weapon is amazing and Fjorm tanks pretty well.

@Landmaster Amazing use of the loli dragons! I haven't bothered with Abyssal but now I can use your clear as a guide haha (although no Eirika). Love how Azura gets in some kills there as well and healing support kept your team together. Good job enduring the map!

Also nice use of Jeorge, I don't see him a lot. Julia's CC refine really helps her out with those flying dragons. Nowi took the upper corner really well while Elise's range helps her snipe quickly.

@mampfoid Nice use of Gerome! Warping Alm is also fun to see, I really want an Alm! Great way of not having to deal with Upheaval to break his Double Lion.

@Nanima Nice Beast Emblem! Flying 3 move utility is just so good. Heron Wing healing everyone and cancelling Upheaval damage is satisfying. Naesala had a close call against Duma but Reyson one-upped him by dealing the finishing blow.

@Alkaid Kinoka sure flexed her bow skills in that map, I used her for my initial clear and it really helps how Flier Emblem friendly this map is. Having all those flying dancers also help/

On 31.1.2019 at 11:06 PM, Landmaster said:

Would love to see Reyson continue as the boss slayer~ I anticipate he'll become like your OG!Sakura in a way and will surprise all of us with his power~

Hope you can get Tiki, too, she's a great partner to H!Myrrh~ Myrrh has always needed help with those pesky blues and now she can have a buddy tanking them for her~ Glad you enjoyed!

I will certainly try to make him do that. Though if we ever get a red armour Legendary, I don't think that'll happen. haha I hope so. I love turning nits that are usually underestimated into map sweepers.

Sadly the anniversary went in a different direction, and considering she is sharing a colour with L!Azura, I doubt she'll get into the Special Choice banner either. I'll try for her again in May, but my luck on LG banners is horrid (9 times out of 10 I only get the units I didn't want), so I suspect she'll be nothing but a dream forever. :'D

@ruruo Thanks! Yes, Reyson killing Duma was definitely a highlight.

Also I see you cleared Abyssal yourself. That was highly impressive! Jorge did some amazing things, although it's a bit sad that a Sunkumi had to be sacrificed for it. Anything for our faves though. Michalis was also pretty amazing with how he hung on. And I never expected Shigure to be so tanky. Congrats!

@mampfoid

On 31.1.2019 at 8:58 PM, mampfoid said:

Yeah, Alm is still my best dragon killer. Didn't try my L!Marth (-ATK) much though. 

He's pretty amazing from what I can tell. Shame about that IV though.

On 31.1.2019 at 8:58 PM, mampfoid said:

I need a ram as well! 

I am pretty sure he'll show up again soon. Maybe even in that Special Choice banner!

@mcsilas Yeah, I really love the birds. They are so useful with their huge mobility. The only proble they have is armour units they aren't strong against, which they have to chip down. As Naesala found, chipping can be dangerous when you aren't ranged. haha

As for your clear: Really nice to see you manage such a theme on an LHB. It's great to see how much more viable Saber has become with his refine. Celica and Delthea really take out a lot of the enemies, and Clair manages to hold her own against quite the number of foes. A very fun clear!

I can't remember ifi said - @Nanima I loved your clear, and @mcsilas i ADORE theme clears :) way to go Deliverance/Celica's crew!!
i'm really not sure why my iphone went from recording fine to having a severe lag, i have to find an app or something to eliminate it because it's just way too distracting. this is one of those times i hate being an Apple girl. 

I beat this map using Ninian, Brave Lyn, Zelgius, and Loki. This was the first infernal map I've done in a while so I've got some catching up to do with a couple of others, but I thought this one looked quite interesting. I'll guess I'll just put the gold diadem on Celica for now.

14 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo @mampfoid @Nanima @SatsumaFSoysoy @Rafiel's Aria @Ginko @Azuris @daisy jane @Landmaster @Alexmender

So, I'm really proud of this one, it's not every day I can get a proper game-themed team against a LHB (or MHB in this case), so here is an Echoes team against Duma!

Team is +Res/-HP Saber, +Res/-Def Celica, +Spd/-Def Clair and +Atk/-Def Delthea

Music is Twilight of the Gods from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (because it's too perfect and you can hear the intro here)

-Saber's refine with Delthea's Dark Aura and Drive Atk support is an insanely good combo. Also really appreciate Saber's Res boon against the dragon. He also needed the Bond seal to prevent being doubled by that darn Darting Blow dragon. So happy how his refine improved him, and it's nice to use him and Delthea in a clear since they were my first SoV units in the game (and came on my first pulls in their debut banners respectively)

-Clair really shines in this map, her weapon and mobility allows her to quickly delete horses while her Res allows her to take on those pesky flying dragons. Shoutout to @Hilda since I was inspired about how you say how good Clair is against dragons.

-I finally given Celica her refine and boy does Ragnarok deliver. Double Brazen is addictive. Her and Heavy Blade Delthea make for a devastating magical nuking combo.

----

@Landmaster Amazing use of the loli dragons! I haven't bothered with Abyssal but now I can use your clear as a guide haha (although no Eirika). Love how Azura gets in some kills there as well and healing support kept your team together. Good job enduring the map!

Also nice use of Jeorge, I don't see him a lot. Julia's CC refine really helps her out with those flying dragons. Nowi took the upper corner really well while Elise's range helps her snipe quickly.

YAY SOV theme! This was a really amazing clear. Clair was really the star, with her offensive power and great Res, she was a real trooper. I also loove seeing Delthea since almost no one uses her~ Her Tome was quite useful here. Also a rare sight is Saber and his refine was showcased really well here~ Another good tank for the team. Of course not much needs to be said about Brazen Celica, she's just a beast~  Congrats on getting this theme team to work~ It reminded me of my own playthrough; just throw Clair and Delthea at everything.

12 hours ago, Nanima said:

I will certainly try to make him do that. Though if we ever get a red armour Legendary, I don't think that'll happen. haha I hope so. I love turning nits that are usually underestimated into map sweepers.

Sadly the anniversary went in a different direction, and considering she is sharing a colour with L!Azura, I doubt she'll get into the Special Choice banner either. I'll try for her again in May, but my luck on LG banners is horrid (9 times out of 10 I only get the units I didn't want), so I suspect she'll be nothing but a dream forever. :'D

Who knows, maybe even a red armor Legendary can be left at 1 HP for him to finish ;3

Keep the faith, she'll show up, I believe in you!

@mcsilasGlad you enjoying Clair. Meanwhile i am scratching my head with the Askrtrio and Veronica trying to solve the puzzle. I can clear it up until Duma is left alone (and its gees) but i get stuck against Duma because... none of the Askrtrio can tank him or attack him, even with full HP lulz ._.. Well Anna can technically attack but she is then busted because she cant take the next hit. And Veronica cant put a dent on him.... esecially once he has his Def/res solo skill going on

dear lord this battlefield really was a giant headache and mess for the Askrtrio and Veronica.

Askrtrio usually suck against dragon foes in Abyssal mode. Now cramp the moveable space by halfspace down and add a colorless armored dragon and welp... Tiki Abyssal was managable because you can allways use Triangle Adept or Advantage, but on Duma!?! with Bold Fighter?

It took a while and a very unconventional method to clear this. @mampfoid@mcsilas

On 2/2/2019 at 1:22 AM, mampfoid said:

Guess he deserved it (didn't finish SoV yet though). :-)

Thanks! Complete it if you find a chance to! It's pretty fun all thing considered x) 

On 2/2/2019 at 1:44 AM, Landmaster said:

Oh, and I finally summoned a +Atk Jeorge! It's been so nice being able to oneshot things without needing buffs to do it XD

Amazing!! Now give him all the merges and skills XD  
It's going to be so great for Jeorge once the merge update and Dragonflowers are implemented. x) 

22 hours ago, Nanima said:

it's a bit sad that a Sunkumi had to be sacrificed for it. Anything for our faves though.
And I never expected Shigure to be so tanky. Congrats!

Thank you! Yeah, it wasn't a easy choice. It's a pity he's the only one with a desperation bow ;_; 
It's more Distant Def than Shigure himself. He dies without the Distant Def, even with TA + Raventome haha... 

First and foremost my apologies for being late and not answering the comments from the BHB, a new semester started and my free time will be reduced quite a bit so I may be unable to find the time to answer every quote and I'm not too fond of answering after a week or so has passed, but don't worry because I absolutely read every single one of them. With that out of the way it's time to reply to some great clears: 

@mampfoid Holy....! Ok, that was epic! Not only you managed to clear those bloated dragons in 1 turn but you also managed to make Alm take down Duma just like in SoV. 11/10.

@Landmaster Neat clears! It's funny how they're quite similar to the ones I did in more than one way, but then again this map isn't that kind unless you use fliers. For the Infernal clear it was Nowi's show but what impressed me the most was how much work your Julia put despite having no A skill, that was really awesome!

For the Abyssal clear I'm still impressed at how you can make H!Myrrh put so much work, I've been trying tons of stuff with mine but it never seems to work for some reason. L!Tiki is a beast too, tanking so much and taking care of those dragons. W!Eirika was only for support but Restore is the perfect staff for this map full of debuffs. Really impressive, congrats!

@mcsilas That was impressive! I've been trying to do a SoV clear with only the Alm path characters but it seems I need some extra fodder to make it happen, haha. Anyways, Saber is a unit you don't see often but damn he was great here, Clair is quite powerful but it was very nerve wracking to see her almost die at the end. What surprised me the most was that your Celica didn't had Desperation, but even without it she was able to nuke stuff pretty well. Like, wow! These types of clear are certainly great, congrats!

- - - - - 

This time I have two clears, the usual Eirika clear and a special clear.

This map really is harsh for red units so I had to take it down a notch and go for Infernal this time, sadly the map layout was very unforgiving so Airzura got 1 kill and Ylgr had to take a hit, those two issues aside Eirika was the only one that fought, and she took Duma down so it's ok.

The music is Wind Scene from Chrono Trigger and Godsworn Alexiel from Granblue Fantasy. 

Here Julia is the star of the show, tanking everything and dealing so much punishment. I always had my doubts on refining Naga instead of Divine Naga because the latter is more universal but clears like this show that I made the right choice. Micaiah is a goddess when it comes to these types of clears and adding Astra on the mix makes her nukes even flashier. W!Eirika was mostly there to buff the others but considering she's the only unit that can buff 3 stats at once regardless of distance makes her extremely necessary (not to mention I always need at least 1 Eirika in my non-Cordelia clears or I'll feel bad). This time everyone put in lots of work and it shows. 

For the second video I used the in-game music because Twilight of the Gods is epic so there's no need to change the music. 

So yeah, this is much later than i usually did when i posted clear runs, but i'm sick as all hell last weekend so i can't quite concentrate myself for this

Anyway say hello to the other Roy... and Wargreymon

@SatsumaFSoysoy@Kaden@mampfoid

I'm glad the developers at least remembered that Blarserpent exists. Now if only they'd remember that Raudhrserpent and Gronnserpent don't.

I ended up having Ophelia just flat-out solo Abyssal because things were dealing concerning amounts of damage to my dragon armor squad on Infernal.

Okay, here's my Infernal Clear. Nothing too special, just the two Elibian Mounted Archers supported by two lovely ladies wearing yukatas. Haven't tried Abyssal yet, but I'll see tomorrow if this setup works on it (I don't go out of my way to beat the Abyssal maps).

@Zeo @mampfoid @mcsilas

I wanted to make a Valentian clear but my god was that near impossible. While I have quite a few built up and ready to kick ass, they just don’t work all too well with one another. At least not in this map. The units of choice were Alm, Kliff, Boey, and Genny and honestly, they got pretty far. A lot farther than I ever imagined they would. It all came crashing down near the end though. I blame a few things. First is the infantry lock. If I had just one flier or horse (promoted Leon when?) for their mobility or an armor who can hold their ground and clear most enemies (Valbar or Forsyth when?) I feel like this would have been more manageable but nooo, my favorites just had to be infantry didn't they. To be fair, Boey was basically as good as any armor unit seeing as he could tank everything non-magical (even the red bow couldn't handle him which makes me so proud!) but being magical was his downfall because... problem #2 was that blarserpent mage and it's 50 res. No one could take them out reasonably fast enough before either Duma caught up or the mage itself kill sone of my units. The last glaring problem was Kliff. It sucks because I really like him but he is such a dead weight as he currently is. Sagittae is such an awful weapon. Even at 42 atk I couldn't keep the effect up and any lower and the poor boy starts dealing zeroes outside of special procs. It also meant I couldn't buff his attack up or lower the enemies and my team ends up receiving way more damage than they should because of it. I really hope Sagittae gets a refine in the future because that unreliable gimmick that IS almost certainly made in a vain attempt to make having low attack a benefit is just godawful.

Anyway, rant aside, because I couldn’t get it to work and it was driving me insane, I figured it’s time to bust out some strong boys (I love that I can say that about Niles!) Ok, maybe Oscar ain’t particularly strong compared to the rest but his utility is unparalleled (besides that useless filler chill res) so he’s easily earned a spot among the best of them. There was still some Trials & Tribulations to overcome but most of it was solved through careful position and some minor SI and SS shuffling. Well, I had to give Hector Aether so maybe that wasn’t so minor but everything else they either already owned or could be found in the 3* pool.

--------------------------------

@mcsilas I am so unbelievably jealous of you right now. On the bright side, you have the same nature Saber that I do so glad to know I can build him up to be as tanky as yours. Seriously, who knew his base kit was so great? Avoids lots of certain death because of it. Claire was fantastic too. Having a melee res tank like her be able to deal with the dragons must have been a godsend. I also love the use of Delthea, I forget she even exists sometimes because I just never see her anywhere.

@mampfoid Woah! You make Abyssal look like a walk in the park. The neat thing about doing it in the first turn is that, besides avoiding reinforcements, you also don't have to deal with Duma's upheaval and because of that you're allowed to double (or quad as the case may be) so that's a neat way to bypass that hurdle. I also like the use of Gerome. Yet another unit that is practically never seen.