Legendary Hero Battle of the Gods: Duma

SatsumaFSoysoy

Pretty late here, so let's see:

@mcsilas

Nice and very fitting theme clear. That one was really a race against your unit's HP bars, with no one there to heal. Really nice management at the end to have no one get hit anymore and just finished when most units started to get really low. Well done.

@Alexmender

Really nice Eirika clear again. Not only did you show you can beat all the units the game throws at you with her, but it was also difficult to get the support units out of the way with enemies everywhere, but you still managed it excellent. Good job.

Wow that were some really heavy hits from Julia and Micaiah, sometimes you made it look like it wasn't even abyssal with how fast some enemies went down. And Azura and Eirika did some nice support from the back as well. Good job, that was a beautiful clear.

@Jave

That was a really fast opening, their entire frontline collapsed in a rain of arrows. But the speed kept up and you managed to run circles around the enemies, also thanks to the lovely ladies of course. The enemies had problems to even get attacks in, only poor Azura had to take some. Good positioning and nice clear, well done.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I'm late again with comments. I'm rarely at my computer these days and I can't watch videos and make megaposts simultaneously on my phone (did it in the past, lost what I wrote too often). Hope you don't mind some delayed responses. 

On 2.2.2019 at 12:36 PM, mcsilas said:

So, I'm really proud of this one, it's not every day I can get a proper game-themed team against a LHB (or MHB in this case), so here is an Echoes team against Duma!

I didn't finish SoV yet, but that's what the endgame must look like. Wait, where is Alm? 

Saber is a cool unit, funny how small the golden "dagger" looks on him. Still wish he would pity break me sometime, even if I'm stuffed with infantry swords. Also I'm still waiting for a +ATK Clair, perhaps I should use a +SPD one in the meantime. 

Really cool how she blows away Duma with that Glacies, congrats! 

On 2.2.2019 at 12:36 PM, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Nice use of Gerome! Warping Alm is also fun to see, I really want an Alm! Great way of not having to deal with Upheaval to break his Double Lion.

Oh, that's why you didn't use Alm, sorry. :-/ 

On 3.2.2019 at 12:36 PM, Hilda said:

It took a while and a very unconventional method to clear this. @mampfoid@mcsilas

Didn't think of the ask-trio when this map came out. Yeah, Duma seems a pain for them now that I think about it. 

I fully agree to solving this with beaming and GF shenanigans. This map is so crowded, respect that you found a way without falling to claustrophobia! Brilliant idea to lure everyone to the left, smite Alfonse and use him as a beacon for WoM/ER. 

The sequence where you smite Veronica endless times was hilarious, congrats beating this map and the god of strength! 

On 3.2.2019 at 9:35 PM, Alexmender said:

@mampfoid Holy....! Ok, that was epic! Not only you managed to clear those bloated dragons in 1 turn but you also managed to make Alm take down Duma just like in SoV. 11/10.

Glad Alm is accidentally my best dragon slayer you liked it. :-) 

On 3.2.2019 at 9:35 PM, Alexmender said:

This time I have two clears, the usual Eirika clear and a special clear.

Eirika eats everything, even Dumas Draconic Aura. 

Beautiful Julia (wish I had one), she is such a great combo with Micaiah (your healer brings the Eirika-vibes). That one-shot to the big boss was amazing. I wonder if IS knew that Astra would be useful only with bloated stat-foes. 

Congrats! 

On 4.2.2019 at 6:11 PM, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Anyway say hello to the other Roy... and Wargreymon

What happened to his horse? 

Wow, Hardin eating half of the map on turn one. Surtr found his comfort zone in the upper left corner with physical toys (and one puny blue mage). Lol at the restart after forgetting to switch on animations. 

Congrats, nice clear! 

On 5.2.2019 at 4:46 AM, Jave said:

Okay, here's my Infernal Clear. Nothing too special, just the two Elibian Mounted Archers supported by two lovely ladies wearing yukatas. Haven't tried Abyssal yet, but I'll see tomorrow if this setup works on it (I don't go out of my way to beat the Abyssal maps).

Wow, really cool +ATK Roy, making me jealous a little. He kills most of the map, aunt/mom Lyn helping out. 

Congrats! 

On 5.2.2019 at 8:03 AM, NegativeExponents- said:

Anyway, rant aside, because I couldn’t get it to work and it was driving me insane, I figured it’s time to bust out some strong boys (I love that I can say that about Niles!) Ok, maybe Oscar ain’t particularly strong compared to the rest but his utility is unparalleled (besides that useless filler chill res) so he’s easily earned a spot among the best of them. There was still some Trials & Tribulations to overcome but most of it was solved through careful position and some minor SI and SS shuffling. Well, I had to give Hector Aether so maybe that wasn’t so minor but everything else they either already owned or could be found in the 3* pool.

I'm sorry your SoV favs clear didn't work (I don't even try themed clears of Abyssal maps), but also the other team is cool. 

Wow special Spiral on Niles (did I see that already?), Iceberg with every attack is veery nice (and helping with his lowish ATK), even Duma can't resist.  

Brave Hector doesn't care much about WT even at this difficulty. 

Congrats! 

On 5.2.2019 at 8:03 AM, NegativeExponents- said:

@mampfoid Woah! You make Abyssal look like a walk in the park. The neat thing about doing it in the first turn is that, besides avoiding reinforcements, you also don't have to deal with Duma's upheaval and because of that you're allowed to double (or quad as the case may be) so that's a neat way to bypass that hurdle. I also like the use of Gerome. Yet another unit that is practically never seen.

Glad you liked it! Yeah Gerome fills a niche here and I'm very lucky most negative effects apply only after PP of turn 1 (premium cheese :-)  ). 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

(did it in the past, lost what I wrote too often)

I know that pain all too well. I’m pretty sure it only happens when you want to quote something but the reply section closed and it deletes everything you have written so far. It’s the absolute worst.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I'm sorry your SoV favs clear didn't work (I don't even try themed clears of Abyssal maps), but also the other team is cool. 

Wow special Spiral on Niles (did I see that already?), Iceberg with every attack is veery nice (and helping with his lowish ATK), even Duma can't resist.  

Brave Hector doesn't care much about WT even at this difficulty. 

Congrats! 

Thanks!

Yeah, the other team is awesome. I also like that it gives me an excuse to use Hector. I usually don’t use him at all unless I need to because well, it’s no real surprise that he’s gonna wreck everything.

You sure did. Special Spiral was used in Azura’s Abyssal clear. It’s honestly given me some of the most fun I’ve ever had with a unit. I hope his new refine provides a way to bring him to even greater heights.

Also I think you’re mistaken about the difficulty. I did Infernal here not Abyssal. I wish I could have done Abyssal though but just doing Infernal took considerable time. Maybe I’ll get around to it whenever it comes back because I actually liked the accessory for this one.

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I know that pain all too well. I’m pretty sure it only happens when you want to quote something but the reply section closed and it deletes everything you have written so far. It’s the absolute worst

It happens when I start to write a response, and I go to the next page. If I go directly to the reply section then, my text from the page before will be restored. If I forget about restoring the text and quote something from the new page, everything from before will be "overwritten". 

Also sometimes I finish my post and hit "send", but SFs security application stops me with catchas. Often enough my reply gets lost in the process. 

You sure did. Special Spiral was used in Azura’s Abyssal clear. It’s honestly given me some of the most fun I’ve ever had with a unit. I hope his new refine provides a way to bring him to even greater heights

I remember that clear now, yeah! Never got a Lewyn myself. 

What prf would you like for Niles? Powerful stuff and CD reduction are nice, but I like also gimmicky movement skills. 

Also I think you’re mistaken about the difficulty

Ouch, sorry. I mixed stuff up, my bad. 

If you ever come back for Abyssal (perhaps to show Niles newest refine, or another SoV team), I'll gladly watch your clear. 

@NegativeExponents- Pardon for the late reply but WOW I am so impressed with your clear, Niles did his job really well in particular and that's even before he got his prf! Love his Japanese VA as well. Swappable voice lines when IS?

Oscar is still pretty great and one of the best and accessible offensive cavaliers. I'm sure Aether will help Hector in the long run, so would be a good investment (and helps him get back to QR range). Even Dorcas gets in on the action and I'm impressed he can go toe to toe with the blue dragon. Definitely one of my favourite clears.

@mampfoid Yeah, I've been debating whether going +Spd or +Atk is better for Clair, but in this case the +Spd was really useful because some of those fafnirs can be really fast. That said she does need some more oomph in Atk generally but Flashing Blade helps.

I like to thinking Saber throws the golden dagger when DC activates. Funny how everyone thought Celica would get the weapon heh.

How far are you in SoV? I was thinking of another theme clear but that kind of had spoilers and ran out of time and need to upgrade someone

@Hilda Wow major props for that Askr clear, it's nice to see them work in the end with those investments. Yeah the map can be annoying without fliers, it's pretty cramped and you have to deal with some annoyingly mobile dragons/flying mages. Some nice little shining moments like Alfonse's TA refine working well against particular matchups and the movement assists smiting units around. However, the surprise warp was a real highlight! Great way to turn the tables on the approaching enemy and the marching armours. Brave Veronica is such a great unit for these maps as well. Some nice epic music to go with the clear, too.

But yeah I see you too had problems with the red mage's Renewal and the amount of turns it took to finish things off haha. Still a very impressive and memorable clear!

@Alexmender

Yeah cramped maps with two Swordbreaker units would be annoying but Eirikia still gets most of the job done when needed. I always like when she is supported with other team members personally :) Aether is perfect for these maps.

As for the other clear, wow Julia shows her worth in such an unforgiving map! I should really upgrade her weapon now.At least Eirkia provided nice support with her staff. Micaiah just Thani bombs those pesky cavaliers as well (I wish I had her), so great synergy all around!

----

@Zeo @SatsumaFSoysoy @eclipse @Ginko @Landmaster @daisy

And now I finally managed to do this themed clear, I kind of wanted to do something with Duma and Fallen Celica because of the theme and I finally managed to crack it after so many days.

Team is +Res/-HP Duma, +Atk/-Res Fallen Celica, +Res/-Spd Genny, +Spd/-HP Leon

Music is Independence From An Aggregate from the King of Fighters XIV

-So, Duma may have great Def/Res stats and a solo skill but even he needs a lot of healing support on a map like this. Upheaval is great but only works once, and his poor Speed still leaves him vulnerable so I had to give him Savage Blow and be more offensive in his approach since the slightest double spells doom for Duma (like the bow cav's Astra). Also his movement really sucks without Boots/Armour March so it took him a while to even move to the other side of the map.

Also that damn red mage was the biggest thorn in my side because of Renewal and his wave skill, so I had to be really particular about which turn I had to use Savage Blow to activate the anti-doubling effect from his weapon. I had to make a chokepoint approach similar to @Hilda's clear- not as long but I needed to heal the team back up and pay attention to when the mage would heal.

-Really wanted Fallen Celica to do more but she was more of a support tank/buffer in this map. Her base Hone Atk was really useful in making sure Leon would get kills with an incomplete Brave Bow but also make Genny's healing better. She can also be deceptively tanky, although she had to stop tanking the lancer because she would kill him eventually and I needed to make a chokepoint. She did give Duma a nice push with Smite though!

-Genny was perfect for this map and had great synergy- Physic helped with the tight spaces, Gravity helped control the enemy flying mage and the chokepoint near the end while Heavenly Light was perfect since everyone in my team needed healing to last. Her Res boon was a saviour when she was hit because she would still take a lot of damage from low Speed- so much that I needed to give her Live to Serve (and switch to a Wrathful refine) since after her first encounter she would already be at really low HP. 

Admittedly if I gave her Savage Blow things might be easier but I'm low on SB fodder.

-Leon's Spd boon reaaaallly helped here. Glad I didn't replace him with +Atk yet, since he needed to facetank the lancer for a lot of turns (and prevent being doubled) while Genny heals the team and Duma slowly makes his way to the chokepoint. Atk/Spd bond makes up for lost Speed/Power from Brave Bow while Ignis hurts when charged. It's surprising how much damage he can dish out against the dragons even with an incomplete weapon thanks to team support.

-Speaking of mobility, Shove an Smite strats had to be used to bait certain enemy like the sword flier. Those flying units can be overwhelming in a cramped space like this map when you don't have fliers. Those dragons can be so bulky.

Kind of wanted to do a Grima clear but ran out of time. Oh well I was drained from this clear alone

On 2/3/2019 at 3:35 PM, Alexmender said:

@Landmaster Neat clears! It's funny how they're quite similar to the ones I did in more than one way, but then again this map isn't that kind unless you use fliers. For the Infernal clear it was Nowi's show but what impressed me the most was how much work your Julia put despite having no A skill, that was really awesome!

For the Abyssal clear I'm still impressed at how you can make H!Myrrh put so much work, I've been trying tons of stuff with mine but it never seems to work for some reason. L!Tiki is a beast too, tanking so much and taking care of those dragons. W!Eirika was only for support but Restore is the perfect staff for this map full of debuffs. Really impressive, congrats!

This time I have two clears, the usual Eirika clear and a special clear.

This map really is harsh for red units so I had to take it down a notch and go for Infernal this time, sadly the map layout was very unforgiving so Airzura got 1 kill and Ylgr had to take a hit, those two issues aside Eirika was the only one that fought, and she took Duma down so it's ok.

The music is Wind Scene from Chrono Trigger and Godsworn Alexiel from Granblue Fantasy. 

Here Julia is the star of the show, tanking everything and dealing so much punishment. I always had my doubts on refining Naga instead of Divine Naga because the latter is more universal but clears like this show that I made the right choice. Micaiah is a goddess when it comes to these types of clears and adding Astra on the mix makes her nukes even flashier. W!Eirika was mostly there to buff the others but considering she's the only unit that can buff 3 stats at once regardless of distance makes her extremely necessary (not to mention I always need at least 1 Eirika in my non-Cordelia clears or I'll feel bad). This time everyone put in lots of work and it shows. 

For the second video I used the in-game music because Twilight of the Gods is epic so there's no need to change the music. 

Thanks! I lucked out with +Res H!Myrrh, let's her even take on Blues when I need.

Great Eirika clear, with her buffs, there's not much that can stop her. Loved the Special clear, Julia and Micaiah put in tons of work. W!Eirika's great for keeping everyone all buffed up and healed when they needed. Congrats~

On 2/4/2019 at 10:46 PM, Jave said:

Okay, here's my Infernal Clear. Nothing too special, just the two Elibian Mounted Archers supported by two lovely ladies wearing yukatas. Haven't tried Abyssal yet, but I'll see tomorrow if this setup works on it (I don't go out of my way to beat the Abyssal maps).

Nice clear! Roy and Lyn shoot down pretty much everything~ Jealous I don't have V!Roy, but cool to see these two together~ Great job!

15 hours ago, mcsilas said:

And now I finally managed to do this themed clear, I kind of wanted to do something with Duma and Fallen Celica because of the theme and I finally managed to crack it after so many days.

Team is +Res/-HP Duma, +Atk/-Res Fallen Celica, +Res/-Spd Genny, +Spd/-HP Leon

The Shove Smite strats were pretty incredible, I'm super impressed. Creating that chokepoint was an interesting strategy but it worked out. Everyone did their part here and I loved the Duma and Celica combo, great job!

20 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Yeah, I've been debating whether going +Spd or +Atk is better for Clair, but in this case the +Spd was really useful because some of those fafnirs can be really fast. That said she does need some more oomph in Atk generally but Flashing Blade helps.

In the past I preferred +SPD on all offensive units, but these days I'm leaning more towards +ATK,  especially if the base ATK is low. Units with effective damage like Clair and Caeda profit even more. 

How far are you in SoV? I was thinking of another theme clear but that kind of had spoilers and ran out of time and need to upgrade someone

SoV spoiler:

Spoiler

I played to the moment where I walk with Celica through the forest labyrinth and meet that wise guy to promote Alm. Alm just met Zeke. 

I always like the fallen theme, how do Genny and Leon count? 

Woa, that looked tricky. Congrats on finishing it with that team. Duma is really a great tank. 

Shove and Smite in a reinforcements clear is rare for sure. 

Great idea to use the bottleneck on the right side and making Genny the true hero of SoV

Congrats! 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

SoV spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

I played to the moment where I walk with Celica through the forest labyrinth and meet that wise guy to promote Alm. Alm just met Zeke. 

I always like the fallen theme, how do Genny and Leon count? 

Woa, that looked tricky. Congrats on finishing it with that team. Duma is really a great tank. 

Shove and Smite in a reinforcements clear is rare for sure. 

Great idea to use the bottleneck on the right side and making Genny the true hero of SoV

Congrats! 

Leon still isn't reunited with Valbar and Genny's 'I'm ready to roll' didn't make it to Heroes so they turned to Duma

Or they just follow their teammate Celica with her questionable decision to side with Duma for this map :P

Yeah Genny sure was the MVP in this map, her kit just worked so well to keep things together.

Shove/Smite was fun to use on such a tight map like this, especially with no fliers.

Hopefully you finish the game so next time this map comes back I can do the spoiler-ish theme clear

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Hopefully you finish the game so next time this map comes back I can do the spoiler-ish theme clear

Don't worry too much, a small warning would be enough. Perhaps I'll have some time in about 1-2 weeks to play, otherwise I'll finish it around easter. 

On 05-02-2019 at 1:21 AM, daisy jane said:

that was a great clear Jave! :)

On 05-02-2019 at 6:30 PM, Azuris said:

@Jave

That was a really fast opening, their entire frontline collapsed in a rain of arrows. But the speed kept up and you managed to run circles around the enemies, also thanks to the lovely ladies of course. The enemies had problems to even get attacks in, only poor Azura had to take some. Good positioning and nice clear, well done.

On 06-02-2019 at 12:03 PM, mampfoid said:

Wow, really cool +ATK Roy, making me jealous a little. He kills most of the map, aunt/mom Lyn helping out. 

Congrats!

On 08-02-2019 at 4:33 AM, Landmaster said:

Nice clear! Roy and Lyn shoot down pretty much everything~ Jealous I don't have V!Roy, but cool to see these two together~ Great job!

Thanks for the comments! +Atk VRoy has been really good to me with high-challenge maps, so he's great to have around. Hope you guys can also get him soon.

• 3 months later...

Another Abyssal battle done. This one might have been the most challenging yet with everything being either absurdly fast or very bulky. Duma is also impossible to bait thank to broken fighter skills and a truckload of atk.

Not really a theme here, but Roy, Veronica, Gordin and singShigure don't really scream strong, so i'll take that.
@mampfoid @Nanima @Landmaster @Robert of Normandy

3 hours ago, Sasori said:

Another Abyssal battle done.

Congrats! Yeah, this fight can be very tough when not using fliers to cheese it. You brought some really interesting units with you again. Gordin in Abyssal is quite the sight! Also very impressed with all the tanking Shigure did there. Boy is tougher than he looks. Roy mowed down the enemies so quickly, I almost didn't notice Duma vanishing in a puff of air the second Roy came across him. haha

22 hours ago, Sasori said:

Another Abyssal battle done. This one might have been the most challenging yet with everything being either absurdly fast or very bulky. Duma is also impossible to bait thank to broken fighter skills and a truckload of atk

Nice how Roys Ignis melts all dragons, no matter if blue or godlike. That Axe Fighter have him some headaches though. Good work! 

21 hours ago, Nanima said:

Congrats! Yeah, this fight can be very tough when not using fliers to cheese it. You brought some really interesting units with you again. Gordin in Abyssal is quite the sight! Also very impressed with all the tanking Shigure did there. Boy is tougher than he looks. Roy mowed down the enemies so quickly, I almost didn't notice Duma vanishing in a puff of air the second Roy came across him. haha

Half of the map being flying really helped out Gordin. 

I think its less Shigure himself and more of the raventome/TA combo. Still he was the only unit in my barrack that could both sing and deal with those two archers.

Its a good thing Roy could one shot Duma after some trying. A lot of runs ended with Duma initiating and then killing everything.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Nice how Roys Ignis melts all dragons, no matter if blue or godlike. That Axe Fighter have him some headaches though. Good work! 

Killing dragons run in the family. 

The axe fighter was a big surprise yeah. I assumed Roy would metl him too, but he was no joke.

On 5/30/2019 at 1:16 PM, Sasori said:

Another Abyssal battle done. This one might have been the most challenging yet with everything being either absurdly fast or very bulky. Duma is also impossible to bait thank to broken fighter skills and a truckload of atk.

Not really a theme here, but Roy, Veronica, Gordin and singShigure don't really scream strong, so i'll take that.

An Abyssal clear is an Abyssal clear. Nice work! Shigure taking out that Red Archer was pretty clutch, and Roy one-shotting so many dragons with Ignis was neat.

On 5/30/2019 at 2:16 PM, Sasori said:

@mampfoid @Nanima @Landmaster @Robert of Normandy

Ooooo Gordin and Singure taking on an Abyssal with the Boy! Gordin handles the fliers and Roy the Dragons, doesn’t make any more sense than that. Shigure ended up tanking a lot of damage himself, he was really impressive, especially with Vantage! Veronica always lends her own hand to keep everyone on good health. Roy’s BIGNIS killing Duma was pretty awesome! The rest of the map was a lot of great positioning and BIGNIS from both of the boys! Awesome and congrats!!

20 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

We hand Duma's chin back to him.

Hide contents

Well done! Fun to see B!Cordy with her native Escape Route working in an Abyssal like this~ Lots of fun doubles and quadding fun here, nice work!!

8 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Well done! Fun to see B!Cordy with her native Escape Route working in an Abyssal like this~ Lots of fun doubles and quadding fun here, nice work!!

I'm glad you enjoyed. Poofing the map around is fun since allows for more interesting maneuvers. I often forget that she has Escape Route since I'm used to having Desperation on her.

Edited by Flying Shogi

I decided to play this map again and bring along my Spring Loki, it went pretty well. She had just enough bulk to survive one or two of the enemies that caused her issues.

On 6/1/2019 at 4:17 AM, Robert of Normandy said:

An Abyssal clear is an Abyssal clear. Nice work! Shigure taking out that Red Archer was pretty clutch, and Roy one-shotting so many dragons with Ignis was neat.

Thanks. Roy is probably the best enemy phase dragon killer. Its why he won out over Marth or Alm in this particular battle. The +10 also helped.

19 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Ooooo Gordin and Singure taking on an Abyssal with the Boy! Gordin handles the fliers and Roy the Dragons, doesn’t make any more sense than that. Shigure ended up tanking a lot of damage himself, he was really impressive, especially with Vantage! Veronica always lends her own hand to keep everyone on good health. Roy’s BIGNIS killing Duma was pretty awesome! The rest of the map was a lot of great positioning and BIGNIS from both of the boys! Awesome and congrats!!

Roy and Gordin did come to mind right away when I did this battle. Loads and loads of fliers, dragons and fliers that are dragons. It took a few attempts to consider Shigure, but he did pretty well on this run. But thanks it did need a couple of runs for all the positioning to come out just right. Mostly because the BIGNIS needed to be charged for Duma.

• 5 months later...

This probably needs to be in the other section~

Anyway, revisited all the MHBs/LHBs again with the Elises and Duma ended up being the most impressive one, so I'll post that one~

Once again I'm stealing Nanima's music, NIER [05] COLD STEEL COFFIN was in one of her Takumi clears (I think Gharnef) and I thought it was super fitting~

This one was challenging, but it was mainly just figuring out how to get started, which ended up being crazy speed stacking on S!Elise so she could one-round the Fafnir and Blue Flier (otherwise, the Fafnir lives and uses Hit and Run so we can't kill the Blue Mage and it gets too clustered)~ The rest kinda just fell into place, almost by accident in the case of S!Elise killing the Bow Cav and Lance Cav.

HS!Elise just needed Vantage and to make sure her Special was charged on time to kill the final Green Cav. 

And if anyone is wondering why the Serpent Tome Flier goes for OG!Elise instead of HS!Elise, it's just because she would die in retaliation, so the AI chooses to go for OG!Elise instead.

• 2 weeks later...

@LordFrigid @mampfoid I really wasn't sure how you were going to be able to one turn a map like this, but I should have figured fliers were going to be the key, even with the initial team split up. Dealing with Duma was a question mark but each of you dealt with him effortlessly. I expected a dragon slayer on both sides but I'd forgotten that armor effectiveness works just as well. Good use of Gerome/Clair on both ends to EP tank the cav as well. I know I don't really see either of you in these topics anymore and these clears are almost a year old now but better late than never.

@Alkaid I've seen my fair share of nuke+3 dancer clears, but never with Hinoka. Tackling an abyssal map with a +1 physical ranged unit is impressive. Funny saying that now with Igrene having become a thing.

@Nanima A hard fought battle despite your saying otherwise. Tibarn had to bring a damage special for this one. I was anxious watching when the birds were dealing with the cav archers but that mov and 2 dancers is nothing to shake a stick at. They picked off the enemies until they got to Duma who was a tough nut to crack but that +7 true damage from Naesala's weapon came in handy. Not killing the armor behind him was smart, had DEF/RES Solo kicked in you would have had serious problems. Good clear.

@Landmaster Old clears but let's check em out. Julia was the MVP here. She took a crapton of punishment right off the bat but that CC vs Dragons was invaluable and Renewal actually turned out to be a pretty effective skill which you don't see in clears like these. Not only that but she acted as a form of support with BoL as well. Nowi did what was expected of her and Elise chipped in but Julia was the team's pillar. I knew going in she was going to be the one to take care of Duma but it was a little disappointing that she didn't end up either nuking him with Dragon Fang or getting the kill at all, still she did great. Interesting choice bringing Jeorge along as support instead of a healer/dancer but it worked out and provided color balance all the same.

Abyssal stats really are something. Even with effective damage plus WTA L!Tiki still couldn't oneshot the red fafnir. Still OP dragons are OP. With the dual support of Azura and W!Eirika the two dragons became a fortress of death. The intensity was upped a bit when Duma's personal force came in from the right but a bit of retreating and proper positioning and he was dealt with promptly. Quite the defensive clear, this one. Even with powerful units like these you had to be smart or their defenses would eventually crumble. A nice achievement still.

Ah, a newer clear. I've gotten used to those big numbers on Elise Emblem but that 93 damage Glimmer from S!Elise was satisfying. Nowi got a little action too this time around. The blue tome flier was the biggest issue watching the clear. The Elises pretty much chewed through everyone else including Duma with even OG Elise having some surprising damage numbers.

@Hilda Nifl emblem is actually pretty OP. All it's missing is a healer. The Smite in the Askr clear might just be one of the coolest things I've ever seen in anybody's clears ever. Anna Smiting Alfonse and the whole team repositioning to the other side of the map on the following turns was just amazing.I swear you do things with the Askr trio I don't think anyone else would have the patience for without merges/better weapons/promotions for them. They really are overdue, but when they eventually do get their buffs (it's inevitable) part of me will miss you clearing this kind of content with the ultimate underdogs of FEH. Even with the powerful inheritable skills we're given today.

@Ginko Fearless Kaze opening the map like that. After Brazen got him up to 51 RES he was practically invincible against the mages and Splashy Bucket extended that to dragons. I see most clears have units take care of the left side with one or two units but Kaze basically handling Duma's entire army on the right side with Azura was awesome.

@mcsilas Masterful clear. Saber's prominent role here was almost as if he was standing in for Alm at Celica's side. His DC and Aegis proved invaluable and he tanked with the best of them, including tanking shots that should have killed him outright. Seeing how much Delthea's weapon helped him down the the last kill was a treat, but Delthea herself is no slouch. Kinda reminds me that she was my primary blue nuke at one point in the game. Celica actually took a bit of a backseat here surprisingly. She nuked just fine but Saber and Clair stole the show. Clair herself took some really clutch hits and while she didn't always hit back particularly hard, when Glacies procced those numbers would soar. Her kill on Duma was probably the highlight. Delthea not taking on the red mage at the end was weird when they were closing in on you but I figured he would have doubled/killed her so I guess the kill with Saber was necessary. In a way she still got the kill through her weapon's buffs on him. Anyways, year old clear, but a good one. Really felt like taking on the final boss of an FE game.

Duma proved pretty effective on his own map in the second clear. The theme perfectly reflected his leading the team in a very hectic battle where even the healer had to take some punishment. Genny was the MVP here. Keeping everyone alive in what was a very tense battle of endurance and attrition. Heavenly Light proved invaluable as just about everyone constantly needed healing and Genny was consistently keeping the team off the brink of death while teetering ever so close to it herself with every encounter she was forced into. Leon held the line while Duma slowly scooted his way to the other side of the map after dealing with the left side and they were able to settle things with Genny getting a very satisfying kill on the opposing Duma. The rest as always was clean up. Definitely reminiscent of your Grima clears as they are historically the most tense and dire of your clears.

@Alexmender No need to follow arbitrary rules if all it does is stress you out. A map like this is almost impossible to solo on principle of layout alone. Eirika and co. definitely sweated a bit more for this map but something tells me your Eirika today could figure out Abyssal. If not now than whenever you pull L!Eliwood. All the same infernal or no Eirika tanking Duma's Bold Fighter and special activation was nothing to scoff at.

I really enjoyed Landmasters clear with Julia so I was excited to see her again here. I actually was more excited about Julia's refine than Deirdre's and tried a few times to get her (2 out of 3 times going for her I got her mother, so there's that) so It's always fun to see it in action. Julia would have taken down a dragon of every color if she'd been the one to deal with Duma actually. I was looking forward to her slaying him here so that was disappointing but I have to admit Micaiah's kill on him with 100+ damage was extremely satisfying. Astra makes a lot of skills look cool but Thani is definitely near the top. Everyone performed at max potential here with Eirika providing crazy buffs and healing and even Azura herself taking and getting a kill herself. I'm not the biggest fan of Micaiah but I must admit she was Julia's #2. Great clear.

@Jave A dual cav bow clear. How unorthodox. I was unsure about how either of them were going to punch through Duma's defenses, then I remember HS!Micaiah was a thing. Such an OP unit.

@NegativeExponents- Shame your Valentian clear didn't work out but with all the time that's passed since this clear I'm sure you have what you need to do one at this point if you want whenever Duma returns. Might makes right in this clear though as the men mow down everything that gets in their way while Niles (also a man) snipes effortlessly with consistent Special Spiral procs. For a unit without his Prf you really made him shine here. Even with Hector and Dorcas the team knew not to try to take Duma head on so retreating was a smart maneuver which allowed for Niles to snipe and two-shot Duma, taking advantage of his lack of DC while just having enough RES to survive the two mages. Overall a pretty smooth clear. The theme didn't reflect the manliness of the clear, but good show regardless.

@Dayni @SatsumaFSoysoy @DLNarshen @Anacybele @eclipse @Kaden @XRay @Ice Dragon @Diovani Bressan @daisy jane @Baldrick @Xenomata @Rafiel's Aria @Nanima @Usana @Humanoid

So many clears.... yeah I can't do this anymore. This is just another box I have to check. These clears you're about to see are actually from the time before this last time Duma got re-run. So around 3-4 months ago. I just either didn't have the time or didn't feel like watching all these clears/uploading and posting my own. But here we finally are. This is one of the two last big uploads I have to do. Then there's some smaller ones and I'm finally done.

It was such a long time ago now I don't remember the exact process for all of these clears but let's go started and I'll go over what I do remember.

Starting with Morgan, his clear was definitely tricky but not quite as impossible as usual. He needed the Sol/Vantage/Brazen combo for a few key kills. Amelia needed tactics buffs to not only activate her weapon but survive some crucial encounters. It was a battle of attrition but you'll find just about all the clears of this map are. This one has everything you've come to expect in a Morgan clear. Clutch kills, 1 HP remaining encounters, warps and positional shifts. Right down to the showdown with Duma. I originally got a really nice exact damage kill with Amelia, but I couldn't figure out how to replicate it once I recorded after the test run, so that got lost in translation, but still overall satisfied with the clear and I hope you are too. Opening the clears with Morgan has become a bit of a trend near the end here, hasn't it?

Moving on to Serra, I was really excited for this clear because Serra's Absorb+ build shines as bright as a star. With CC she would have decimated this map, but as it stands we'll settle for "tanking like a boss". She handled multiple opponents constantly with Azura's help while Fae kept the enemies at bay coming from the right. Serra needed the Brazen seal from Morgan for some extra kick and Fae needed the Close DEF seal to properly support her cleric friend. Serra wasn't able to deal with Duma due to the unfortunate lack of CC so she left the final battle to Fae, who didn't disappoint in the least.

Now for our special clear we have an Echoes one. It's cheating a bit as I took two Alms, I had a different team with Celica and OG Alm initially but I just couldn't make it work. The timing to do this map actually wound up perfect because I'd just pulled a +SPD Brave Alm which was exactly what I needed. So I took him, L!Alm, Lukas and Genny and went at it. Despite that (+SPD) L!Alm couldn't double the blue flier (seriously?) until I propped up his speed a bit and Lukas was getting killed partway through the map due to the constant punishment he was taking which was honestly shocking for my +10 Lukas. That is until I realized he had Drive DEF in the C slot instead of his base Threaten ATK. I've gotten too used to using him as an Arena cheerleader. After switching to that and giving him a brazen things were smooth on his end. Then we hit new snags with the Alms getting killed in different situations which led to very specific positioning from L!Alm and a bit of idling here and there. As for B!Alm, even with Genny's help I knew it was going to take a miracle to get him to survive the 2nd half of the clear, so that's exactly what I made happen.

Lastly we have the Matthew clear. We had to do Abyssal for this one but I was able to do it with the OG team. Matt stood tall and his friend gathered behind him in support in a very long and hard battle of attrition. But at some point or another they had to kick in. Ayra consistently had to deal with WTD, Genny was kept busy and even Inigo saw a bit of action as everyone did their best to survive while Matt chipped away at the enemies until the team was more or less boxed in a corner. What follows is reminiscent of Morgan clears. Just goes to show that with the right team and synergy you can clear nearly any map as long as you put your mind to it. The team stayed together throughout the clear, rarely ever breaking ranks and in the end everyone stood behind Matt and he cleared the path forward. But never on his own, always with his team by his side as you've come to expect. 

I feel so light, finally finishing this post and set of clears. A bit of rest but we're not done yet. There's one last big wallop of a post I have to do. Look forward to that some time this month. Could be in a few days, could be in a week or two. Who knows. Wouldn't it be funny if I wrapped this up around the same time I did last time I retired from clears around January 4-7th? 

Anyways, Cheers~

@Zeo Yeah the tight spaces on this map is quite something. Morgan's team was tense especially with the music, but his debuff tome still holds up and is great for places that have tight formations. Amelia really appreciated those tactic buffs and I love that little Pain attack Priscilla did to help whittle down enemies.

Serra sure tanked a lot in that clear, to be honest I like that more than countering in close range because she just shrugs it off without even putting the effort to attack in my headcanon. Never really thought of covering the top left corner early on, that really helps ease the burden and prevents your team feeling trapped in the middle. Lovely the fluffy chicken vs slime dragon bout! 

Of course Genny shows up in the Echoes clear! I know from experience how perfect she is in this map. I remember wanting to use Lukas on the map, too but there were too many dragons. Interesting how you don't have his Daybreak Lance. (Also I never thought of being aggressive in the left corner!) I love the 'tings' and the genius move against the blue mage flier. 1 HP on L!Alm was scary, too, never thought he'd go for Miracle instead of an offensive special. My personal favourite clear.

Abyssal Matthew clear was no slouch either. Poor Ayra kept getting bullied by blues but the power of healing really shone through in both Genny and Matthew's Sol. Love that little Matthew chokepoint in the end as the music kept building up in intensity.

and yeah thanks for the comments again, Duma's maps were a real doozy to figure out with my enemy-phasing. Reminds me how it took me 2-3 hours to beat the actual map in Echoes because I didn't know about some peculiarities in the prominent bosses and the never-ending monster spawns. I think the Duma vs Duma one is still my longest video because of how slow it took for my Duma to reach the other side lol.

@Zeo Late reply because I got bored with Mjonir's strike. The event just too easy. It's even more boring than Grand Conquest while I can enjoy friends' units.

Matthew take care of everything with some help from the crew. His first attack is soft but after debuff applied he is godlike lol.

On 12/14/2019 at 8:56 PM, Zeo said:

So many clears.... yeah I can't do this anymore. This is just another box I have to check. These clears you're about to see are actually from the time before this last time Duma got re-run. So around 3-4 months ago. I just either didn't have the time or didn't feel like watching all these clears/uploading and posting my own. But here we finally are. This is one of the two last big uploads I have to do. Then there's some smaller ones and I'm finally done.

It was such a long time ago now I don't remember the exact process for all of these clears but let's go started and I'll go over what I do remember.

Starting with Morgan, his clear was definitely tricky but not quite as impossible as usual. He needed the Sol/Vantage/Brazen combo for a few key kills. Amelia needed tactics buffs to not only activate her weapon but survive some crucial encounters. It was a battle of attrition but you'll find just about all the clears of this map are. This one has everything you've come to expect in a Morgan clear. Clutch kills, 1 HP remaining encounters, warps and positional shifts. Right down to the showdown with Duma. I originally got a really nice exact damage kill with Amelia, but I couldn't figure out how to replicate it once I recorded after the test run, so that got lost in translation, but still overall satisfied with the clear and I hope you are too. Opening the clears with Morgan has become a bit of a trend near the end here, hasn't it?

Moving on to Serra, I was really excited for this clear because Serra's Absorb+ build shines as bright as a star. With CC she would have decimated this map, but as it stands we'll settle for "tanking like a boss". She handled multiple opponents constantly with Azura's help while Fae kept the enemies at bay coming from the right. Serra needed the Brazen seal from Morgan for some extra kick and Fae needed the Close DEF seal to properly support her cleric friend. Serra wasn't able to deal with Duma due to the unfortunate lack of CC so she left the final battle to Fae, who didn't disappoint in the least.

Now for our special clear we have an Echoes one. It's cheating a bit as I took two Alms, I had a different team with Celica and OG Alm initially but I just couldn't make it work. The timing to do this map actually wound up perfect because I'd just pulled a +SPD Brave Alm which was exactly what I needed. So I took him, L!Alm, Lukas and Genny and went at it. Despite that (+SPD) L!Alm couldn't double the blue flier (seriously?) until I propped up his speed a bit and Lukas was getting killed partway through the map due to the constant punishment he was taking which was honestly shocking for my +10 Lukas. That is until I realized he had Drive DEF in the C slot instead of his base Threaten ATK. I've gotten too used to using him as an Arena cheerleader. After switching to that and giving him a brazen things were smooth on his end. Then we hit new snags with the Alms getting killed in different situations which led to very specific positioning from L!Alm and a bit of idling here and there. As for B!Alm, even with Genny's help I knew it was going to take a miracle to get him to survive the 2nd half of the clear, so that's exactly what I made happen.

Lastly we have the Matthew clear. We had to do Abyssal for this one but I was able to do it with the OG team. Matt stood tall and his friend gathered behind him in support in a very long and hard battle of attrition. But at some point or another they had to kick in. Ayra consistently had to deal with WTD, Genny was kept busy and even Inigo saw a bit of action as everyone did their best to survive while Matt chipped away at the enemies until the team was more or less boxed in a corner. What follows is reminiscent of Morgan clears. Just goes to show that with the right team and synergy you can clear nearly any map as long as you put your mind to it. The team stayed together throughout the clear, rarely ever breaking ranks and in the end everyone stood behind Matt and he cleared the path forward. But never on his own, always with his team by his side as you've come to expect. 

I feel so light, finally finishing this post and set of clears. A bit of rest but we're not done yet. There's one last big wallop of a post I have to do. Look forward to that some time this month. Could be in a few days, could be in a week or two. Who knows. Wouldn't it be funny if I wrapped this up around the same time I did last time I retired from clears around January 4-7th? 

Anyways, Cheers~

Laatttte comments time~

First turn was kinda scary with how much damage Amelia took but when a healer is nearby, there’s not much to worry about~ Vantage Sol is pretty good here for Morgan’s sustain~ Amelia takes quite the beating in this map overall with super close calls~ I loved everyone flying over to the corner to regroup. Dormer himself was the biggest threat but even he can’t win against Morgan’s buffs and Amelia’s BIGNIS~

Absorb shenanigans are always fun~ Even without CC, Serra is quite the little vampire~ Splitting up the team worked pretty well. I laughed at Fae absolutely eating Duma for breakfast. Maybe he should rethink that God of Strength thing~

You always do make these lesser used Skills work~ Though a Threaten works just fine for Lukas here~ I’m not surprised you needed Double Darting Blow for that Satanic Fafnir. I had to stack speed out the ass to doubler her, too~ Whew, I missed those big BIGNIS from Lukas, it’s been a while~ I love the Vampire Dong act going on in the corner where Alm just kills something, gets healed, and repeat~ This was one of the fastest takedowns of Duma I’ve ever seen, leave it to Alm to slay the dragons like a boss~

Matt clearing an Abyssal with the old gang is an aesthetic~ Just the usual, pure tanking with her friends at his side. He knows just where to attack from to keep his buddies safe~ Ayra and Inigo got bullied a bit but she decides to pull an Amelia and you can never go wrong with warp kills~ Even when they’re cornered, Matt’s already in position to do stupid damage, even with some pretty scary last hits from those mages~ Always impressive seeing these guys get Abyssals!