Jump to content
SatsumaFSoysoy

Legendary Hero Battle of the Gods: Duma

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Haha, welcome to my world. Perhaps one day I'll make a list of all the one-time SI I did for these clears. 

Btw: Wonderful how you are able to clear all these maps with the same units. Effective damage + Astra is a classic, even if I didn't think of it this time. Congrats! 

Did you inherit Chill ATK and that Link skill only for this clear? 

 

I did actually. Though Morgan often ends up being an assist bot in some of these clears so I was actually thinking of giving her one for a while now. I think that will be useful long term, I already have a couple planned but not currently possible clears where it will be handy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The overlapping green dragon and blue mage at the start were daunting, glad there was that one space I could split them up to get started.  Positioning was really tricky here, not one assist skill went to waste.  Enemy generic dragons were blisteringly fast, Nowi wasn't able to keep up anymore and had to eat doubles everywhere.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mampfoid said:

This was so cool, Alm with Estucheon for the survival was awesome! And good to see Gerome!

12 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

@mampfoid @LordFrigid @Landmaster @daisy jane

"This is why I possessed a tactician."

There's so much swag and close calls in this map that I lost track of which was which, save for that hilarious kill that Drunk Ninian got. Unsurprisingly since Duma and his buddies were stuck on the other side of the wall, all of the difficulty came from the massive amount of fliers, mostly the Fáfnirs at the start. It took a lot of trial and error to avoid getting instagibbed in the crucial turns of maneuvering around the wall, and I had to pull out the big gun fliers to make it possible, but F!Grima was up to the task. It probably would've been easier if I used a Bow Flier, but I wanted to challenge myself.

Fun hint: enemies that don't have a path to your units won't move! And if no one is in range of the breakable wall (or they have a unit to hit instead), they will leave it alone, stranding themselves!

Awesome job! Ninian's 1 damage Moonbow kill was hilarious~ F!Grima comes to the rescue once again with these Abyssals but I loved seeing Flying Nino, too~ She and Summer Tiki took a beating, but managed to survive a lot to pull off the win

11 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I'm dead.

@mampfoid @Sasori @daisy jane @Landmaster

Foddering so many units just for this clear probably wasn't worth it in the long term, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wow, you 1-turned it, really nice! I see those Bonds and Links, how many units did die for this?

9 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

@mampfoid

On my way out the door, so I’ll watch/comment later.

For now, here’s my attempt. Effective damage is fun.

 

Marth and Caeda together, awww~  Automatically an A+ from me~ This was great, nice to see Tibarn debut here and that final kill from Clair was nice!

8 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Here I present Hinoka, with bow in hand, blotting out the sun on Duma. 

Easiest abyssal so far thanks to owning a flying archer and the AI being roadblocked by that breakable wall. I beat it with a more "fair" flier team first, but I noticed Hinoka did most of the work so I tried using just her afterwards. It ended up being a pretty easy but fun idea.

LOL Hinoka destroys this map easily, she didn't even need buckets~

5 hours ago, Nanima said:

 

As for myself, I actually did challenge Abyssal with my birb team. Let me tell you the tale of how Reyson became known as the God Slayer...:

Music: 1. You're... Immortal (Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone). 2. Silver for Monsters... (Witcher 3)

Sorry for the quality. I usually rerecord if major lags happen, but with how long the video is, it just got frustrating. Hopefully it's still entertaining to watch.

This was an amazing clear~ Naesala put in a lot more work than I expected~ The extra movement really allowed them to do a lot of damage and manage to stay safe from danger on enemy phase. You also made great use of that Heron Wing recovery to keep everyone alive~ Reyson killing Duma is quite satisfying to see~ Congrats to the Bird Team!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regretfully I probably won't beat Abyssal without a guide, my Fliers aren't all that well built, so I'll just do my Infernal clear~

Hard to figure out a team for it but I can never go wrong with Nowi, she took on most of this map herself~ Ducklese didn't do much but she ended up taking over the end a bit. Jeorge was mostly to help Julia move around and Julia took care of the evil Dragons~ I messed up the ending from when I beat this the first time by accidentally leaving Nowi in the Green Tome Cav's range but it worked out alright~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nanima i loved the clear :) Team Birds! :)
(I hear you on the lagging. for whatever reason the sound on my records are so ahead now. i don't know what is causing it. i mean i can just do it w/o sound but that's never fun). 

everyone is doing really great with these. 
I did up to hard on my own, then needed guides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flying units certainly make this map far more manageable. One side never getting close to the breakable wall was a blessing. The team was...Summer Takumi, NY!Azura, Reyson and Leanne. The red bow unit was the hardest to lure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that was embarrassing. I went into Abyssal and was like, 'what's going on? I remember Cordelia being freakishly overpowered rather than being a wet-noodle.' And then I realized that she was using the Slaying Lance set that's only for PvP.

It took only 2 tries after I swapped to Brave Lance to clear. (Also just realized Duma is less than 100% hp, which makes his Prf a lot better. I misread it at first and thought it was =100% hp, which was basically useless.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

@mampfoid Impressive!  Gerome needing the help of Triangle Adept goes to show how bulky some of these Abyssal enemies are.  Looking forward to seeing Raven!

I wasn't sure if he needed it, but TA2 came with Reposition and it worked from the start. 

9 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I did actually. Though Morgan often ends up being an assist bot in some of these clears so I was actually thinking of giving her one for a while now. I think that will be useful long term, I already have a couple planned but not currently possible clears where it will be handy.

Looking forward to those! 

Do you consider to build other GF units in the future? I started with my core, but with time I had to build other movement types of other colors as well. Flying beasts and Cav might be useful for you. 

5 hours ago, Landmaster said:

This was so cool, Alm with Estucheon for the survival was awesome! And good to see Gerome!

18 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

Thanks, glad you liked it!

Duma really would deal 46 damage to Alm (46  HP) without Estucheon. Funny coincidence that Cain gives WoM3 and Estucheon. :-) 

5 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Regretfully I probably won't beat Abyssal without a guide, my Fliers aren't all that well built, so I'll just do my Infernal clear~

I'm waiting for the other video. ;-) 

Great clear, your team is everywhere. Nowi and Julia take out a big part of the enemies in the beginning, Elise joins later (Ducks!). Julias refine is really good (give her an A-Skill already), I wish I could trade her for my Dreidre. Jeorge doesn't have to do much killing, but he helps Julia most of the time to get out of danger. Congrats! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wow. Everyone is doing a good job with all those Abyssal clears.

Sharena and her friends had to sit this one out. They don't really hold up well against all those 45+ speed jerks that also fly.

So now its Roy, Flyno, Gordin and Ethlyn

@Nanima

 

Edited by Sasori

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, what better way to give the power of Naga a real test run than by taking out the strongest dragon in the game, beefed on every steroid known to the universe?

Ophelia [+Atk -Res +10], Eir [+Atk -Def +10], Julia [+Atk -Def +10], and Sky Olivia [+Atk -Def].

...please mind the sound, I was gonna have it quiet like most of my other recordings, but then I realized I didn't want to pass on listening to Twilight of the Gods... for the umpteenth time.

Spoiler

 

Some notes to add in...

~Julia originally ran Vantage 3 and Iceberg, but she needed to be able to double the first Green Fafnir to take them out and let the Blue Mage Flier attack, and a slightly slower Special to take out the BMF. After running the math in my head, I figured that 50% of 74 Atk from natural 56 plus 12 from two stacks of Fierce Stance and another 6 from Rally Up Atk+ (37) was more than 80% of 40 Res (32) and let her learn Dragon Fang instead of Glacies.

~During Player Phase 5 and Enemy Phase 5, you will notice that Eir moves to Ophelia's right side to attack the Green Mage Cav. This is actually somewhat important, because the Axe Armor splits from Duma and leaves the both of them limited to one movement (had she attacked from above Ophelia, Axe Armor would have continued on with Duma with two movement intact), buying just enough time for the Lance Soldier and Red Mage to be picked off and Duma unable to do anything about the cute demon with a charged special standing next to him, waiting for him to make a move...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well as @mampfoid has pointed out, once again I lied about figuring out Abyssal~

 

When Abyssals come, it's time to break out the Myrrh and add to the team our new 180 BST Dragon Loli fren to help out~ Also brought Winter Eirika because I figured Armor March could come in handy and it did indeed~

I gave Tiki Brazen Atk/Res because I figured it might help and I can only assume it did, I didn't do any attempts with her having another Seal (besides the ones where I lost horribly early on) so I'm only going to assume it did once she got low on health~ Since Myrrh was running her Armor March, Atk Smoke needed to be in the Seal slot~ Lolizura needed Hone and Drive Attack to give them some boosts since Tactics couldn't be used, as well as Escape Route so we could uncluster ourselves near the end of the map. Eirika only needed Kindled-Fire Balm and Renewal because she wasn't using Dazzling here anyway and we needed to keep her ok health-wise so the enemies wouldn't start aiming for her. Her Joyous Lantern and Atk Opening Boosts really assisted in getting those boosts since I couldn't run too many Spurs or Drives here.

Once I started figuring out a strategy, most of the early map is fine, it's honestly once we get to that last Lance Fighter and need to inch our way to the top corner of the map that it gets tough, but once we figured out how to get up there and have Myrrh eat the last two mages so Duma and his friend were the last ones remaining AND stay out of range so Tiki could initiate against him, the deal was sealed~

Slight goof at the end, I forgot to move Eirika next to Myrrh so she would get her Armor March on the last turn, but worked out basically the same (honestly took about 45 minutes just to remember the order of Swapping and moving at the end to record this that took the longest).

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Thanks, glad you liked it!

Duma really would deal 46 damage to Alm (46  HP) without Estucheon. Funny coincidence that Cain gives WoM3 and Estucheon. :-) 

I'm waiting for the other video. ;-) 

Great clear, your team is everywhere. Nowi and Julia take out a big part of the enemies in the beginning, Elise joins later (Ducks!). Julias refine is really good (give her an A-Skill already), I wish I could trade her for my Dreidre. Jeorge doesn't have to do much killing, but he helps Julia most of the time to get out of danger. Congrats! 

 

Cain did a great service then, haha~

I really can't decide on an A Skill~ Mirror Stance would be nice, but I can't kill my Silvias 3: What's best for her?

5 hours ago, Sasori said:

Oh wow. Everyone is doing a good job with all those Abyssal clears.

Sharena and her friends had to sit this one out. They don't really hold up well against all those 45+ speed jerks that also fly.

So now its Roy, Flyno, Gordin and Ethlyn

@Nanima

 

That monstrous Roy is back, love him, he makes it very clear he's not losing, even down to one health~ Loved seeing Gordin, too, you make awesome use of lesser seen units, both of them put in a lot of work~ Nino cleaned up what they didn't kill and Ethlyn got to do some fighting herself, wonderful clear!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Do you consider to build other GF units in the future? I started with my core, but with time I had to build other movement types of other colors as well. Flying beasts and Cav might be useful for you. 

Dunno, I think I might just stick with my fliers. It's kinda "my thing" more or less at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Well as @mampfoid has pointed out, once again I lied about figuring out Abyssal~

Whoops, I spoiled the surprise.

Bringing armored dragons to beat the godly dragon of OP-armorness sounds like the best plan. No wall-tricks, so you are going to confront everyone like they come in and in the end Tiki proves to be the best dragon god. 

Ok, first battle and you go directly against WT with Myrrh (the green dragon only tickled her ... like the archer Astra later). Wow, Eirika is really useful. A shame I missed her (and Myrrh). 

Ouch, I would get really nervous having 11 (!) Abyssal enemies at once on the screen (around the 4th minute). But just like the cool action heroines Tiki & Myrrh are, they take out one by one. 

Congrats once again! 

25 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I really can't decide on an A Skill~ Mirror Stance would be nice, but I can't kill my Silvias 3: What's best for her?

6 hours ago, Sasori said:

What's wrong with vanilla Swift Sparrow? She is a ranged (and squishy) Cav, so better use her on Player Phase. Just let her learn her own stuff. ;-) 

10 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Dunno, I think I might just stick with my fliers. It's kinda "my thing" more or less at this point.

Yeah Fliers are best. I'm curious how you will solve some maps where everyone is just far away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mampfoid

Looks like this was more challenging with even the need to kill limited units. Then the need for Escutcheon just to survive and a green effective damage unit with TA and a special just to kill the lance cav showed that even though you make the result look smooth and easy, the setup was a  lot more demanding. But still you prevailed and even got to show of Gerome.

Really impressive. Well done.

 

@Nanima

So you have a new team without much merges and take it straight to abyssal and absolutely destroy it. That's pretty impressive right there. Wow, the damage Tibarn and Naesala can dish out is huge and the double heron bring some really sweet health regeneration, I love things like that. That looks like a really fun team and good job leading it through abyssal.

 

@Landmaster

The ducks are still here! Nice clear and yay for using your favorites again.

And really great job leading your small dragons to victory over the abyssal map. See, you don't even need to level guide units, you are perfectly capable of getting it done on your own.

Still doesn't mean you get to kill Eir.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A skilled roy can beat any god. He did a good job tanking all those hits and ignis bombing the opposition.

Gordin is pretty cool and cheap to use too. Probably outclassed by many other brave archers, but he does the job. Nino is of course just very good in general.

Though your little dragon girls are quite tanky themselves. I've seen plenty of zero's while they hit back with powerful attacks and aether's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eir was really nice on this map, I didn't think to use Kinshinoka, but that could have been doable. I was already using Robin in the lower difficulties and wanted Alm to work. Thankfully I just had to figure out how to position my units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mampfoid

Yeah, Alm versus Tiki would end poorly for him.. But other than that, he is pretty much one of the best dragon killers. Sometimes all we need is one little extra skill to pull through.

They were indeed perfect for this map. Infernal was done in one try, and even Abyssal didn't put up much of a fight. Heron wings may not entirely make up for their lack of Galdr abilities, but at least they proved to be of immense help on such a drawn-out map.

That was mostly luck. I had to call of at least one attempt, because Tibarn couldn't survive Duma's counter, but missed the one-round by exactly 1 HP.. The green armour was a tough cutsomer, but when there's a red, bird-shaped battering ram flying at you with 75 Atk on player pase, your Def needs to be a lot higher to keep up.

And thanks!

@Landmaster

Yeah, Naesala did more work here, probably because most units were either red or blue. Also his high res helped him against the dragons. I do love my cavalry fliers for sure. I think I'll make it my goal to have Reyson kill something on every map. Preferably the boss. haha

And that was quite the clear. Nowi is indeed a very adorable beast here. Julia got to show off her refine and Jeorge helped out wherever he could. Elise still did her part in battle by taking out annoying greens and having great movement. Congrats on clearing Infernal with these darlings!

As for your Abyssal clear: What can I say? You really brought out the big guns. Myrrh and Tiki just laid waste to this map. It was riveting to see, I hope I can soon have my very own Tiki to pair with Myrrh.~ Eirika buffed and helped move them around the field, while Minizura kept the whole thing rolling. A firework show!

@Sasori Wow, your team cleaned house. Yeah, it's sad that we can't always bring faves, but desperate times require the big guns. haha

@Azuris Yep, though I think I'll use them exclusively for LHBs, since they are so powerful (and I can't juggle 4 clears at once. haha;;). It's great to have those two team up. Brings me back to RD, where I just brough them out whenever I didn't want to have to think too much. haha 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nanima That was amazing!! Such a great showcase of the birdies~ Tibarn is such a beast haha x'D, and I love how Reyson got the kill on Duma.

 Managed Infernal herel, but still struggling away with Abyssal @[email protected]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LoneStar said:

Eir was really nice on this map, I didn't think to use Kinshinoka, but that could have been doable. I was already using Robin in the lower difficulties and wanted Alm to work. Thankfully I just had to figure out how to position my units.

Oh wow, you sacrificed an Eir to Alm, great idea! Once I don't need my spare anymore for AR, I might do the same! 

Nice clear, some unexpected tanking included like Robin against the red Flier. Congrats! 

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

Yeah, Alm versus Tiki would end poorly for him.. But other than that, he is pretty much one of the best dragon killers. Sometimes all we need is one little extra skill to pull through.

Yeah, Alm is still my best dragon killer. Didn't try my L!Marth (-ATK) much though. 

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

bird-shaped battering ram

I need a ram as well! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Whoops, I spoiled the surprise.

Bringing armored dragons to beat the godly dragon of OP-armorness sounds like the best plan. No wall-tricks, so you are going to confront everyone like they come in and in the end Tiki proves to be the best dragon god. 

Ok, first battle and you go directly against WT with Myrrh (the green dragon only tickled her ... like the archer Astra later). Wow, Eirika is really useful. A shame I missed her (and Myrrh). 

Ouch, I would get really nervous having 11 (!) Abyssal enemies at once on the screen (around the 4th minute). But just like the cool action heroines Tiki & Myrrh are, they take out one by one. 

Congrats once again! 

What's wrong with vanilla Swift Sparrow? She is a ranged (and squishy) Cav, so better use her on Player Phase. Just let her learn her own stuff. ;-) 

Myrrh's +Res has made her great for going up against WT when we need it and she came through yet again~ Eirika's Staff is also super nice, you gotta get her~ I need to figure out a way for both Tiki and Myrrh to get the buffs.

Oh, I mean an A Skill for Julia!~ I haven't thought of what would be best for her, what do you think?~ For Elise, I'll defs be keeping Swift Sparrow~

5 hours ago, Azuris said:

@Landmaster

The ducks are still here! Nice clear and yay for using your favorites again.

And really great job leading your small dragons to victory over the abyssal map. See, you don't even need to level guide units, you are perfectly capable of getting it done on your own.

Still doesn't mean you get to kill Eir.

She has been eating some good Dagger snacks but no maps to really use them on yet so, Ducks staying for the time being~

I guess I can rage my way to victory with dragon loli power, haha thanks~

I haven't killed her yet!

3 hours ago, Nanima said:

 

 

@Landmaster

Yeah, Naesala did more work here, probably because most units were either red or blue. Also his high res helped him against the dragons. I do love my cavalry fliers for sure. I think I'll make it my goal to have Reyson kill something on every map. Preferably the boss. haha

And that was quite the clear. Nowi is indeed a very adorable beast here. Julia got to show off her refine and Jeorge helped out wherever he could. Elise still did her part in battle by taking out annoying greens and having great movement. Congrats on clearing Infernal with these darlings!

As for your Abyssal clear: What can I say? You really brought out the big guns. Myrrh and Tiki just laid waste to this map. It was riveting to see, I hope I can soon have my very own Tiki to pair with Myrrh.~ Eirika buffed and helped move them around the field, while Minizura kept the whole thing rolling. A firework show!

 

Would love to see Reyson continue as the boss slayer~ I anticipate he'll become like your OG!Sakura in a way and will surprise all of us with his power~

Hope you can get Tiki, too, she's a great partner to H!Myrrh~ Myrrh has always needed help with those pesky blues and now she can have a buddy tanking them for her~ Glad you enjoyed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Myrrh's +Res has made her great for going up against WT when we need it and she came through yet again~ Eirika's Staff is also super nice, you gotta get her~ I need to figure out a way for both Tiki and Myrrh to get the buffs.

Hmm, what's their natures? You could use seals and Summoner support to help them to the same level. 

Eirika would be a welcome side-pull on a legendary banner.

18 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Oh, I mean an A Skill for Julia!~ I haven't thought of what would be best for her, what do you think?~ For Elise, I'll defs be keeping Swift Sparrow~

Ouch, that hurts. I mixed up the ladies ... mirror stance makes sense of course for Julia. Or Brazen ATK/RES, ATK/RES solo or just ATK/RES+2 (Tailtiu)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this Adrift MCorrin pitybroke me while i was trying for the new Ryoma

and that was the mostly timely useful pitybreaker I've ever gotten

 

Same 4 people as usual (which means no fliers), Ryoma disregards weapon triangle as always, I probably could've used Legzura to make my life easier but I'm stubborn about this team

Edited by Thor Odinson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Nice clear, some unexpected tanking included like Robin against the red Flier. Congrats!

Yeah I was surprised she took the hit through Triangle Adept, but attack smoke came through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...