[DATAMINE] Apparently, we may be having somthing special comming.

Ghostface233

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was to be expected based on the fact that they finally gave official terminology to the mechanic and have a mechanic coming in the next update that somewhat depends on knowing what a unit's asset and flaw are.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, why wasn't this in the game way earlier. Pokemon's had it for years now.

It took Pokémon almost 7 years to implement it. Natures were implemented in Ruby and Sapphire, which was released in Japan in November 2002. A visual indicator of the stats affected by the nature was implemented in HeartGold and SoulSilver, which was released in Japan in November 2009.

4 minutes ago, Etheus said:

And how will the merge changes interact with superbanes? Will superbanes still hurt BST, or will these merge bonus points factor into BST?

It was already announced that a "superbane" would result in the merge granting +4 to that stat, making it exactly equivalent to a neutral value in that stat, and that the additional stats (the ones from neutralization of the flaw, not the regular 2 points from the merge) will count for the stat total in the Arena.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It took Pokémon almost 7 years to implement it. Natures were implemented in Ruby and Sapphire, which was released in Japan in November 2002. A visual indicator of the stats affected by the nature was implemented in HeartGold and SoulSilver, which was released in Japan in November 2009.

And that was still years ago and with less technology than what's available now.

3 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Finally! How this simple, necessary feature has taken 2 years is beyond me.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, why wasn't this in the game way earlier. Pokemon's had it for years now.

Assets and Flaws were only officially acknowledged recently, so they could not have had this feature before acknowledging stat variation existed.

As for why they refuse to acknowledge stat variations existed for so long, we can only speculate. Slow response to player feedback (unless it is a bug, there is an avalanche of complaints [Relay Defense], or risk of tons of players quitting the game [Radiant Dawn and Binding Blade Foci]), absolutely crap level of PR and communication, and their refusal to address their most glaring failings could be some factors why.

It's a good thing that they added this! 

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And that was still years ago and with less technology than what's available now.

It's in now, so there is no more reason to complain ^^

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It was already announced that a "superbane" would result in the merge granting +4 to that stat, making it exactly equivalent to a neutral value in that stat, and that the additional stats (the ones from neutralization of the flaw, not the regular 2 points from the merge) will count for the stat total in the Arena.

I wonder how much it will impact the meta

Edited by Drakhis

22 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

It's a good thing that they added this! 

It's in now, so there is no more reason to complain ^^

I wonder how much it will impact the meta

Well, magic users and dragons are generally going to see a slight decrease in effectiveness, as Res is the most common bane.

Conversely, the ones hit the hardest by this will be characters that want speed banes. Because while everyone else will see small boosts to their bulk, characters like Hawkeye, Lucas, Adult Tiki, etc. will see zero benefit to a majority of their matchups.

Certain characters (especially GHB units), might actually see slight but noticeable power bump because they'll get +1 in potentially 3 useful stats.

Edited by Etheus

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Conversely, the ones hit the hardest by this will be characters that want speed banes. Because while everyone else will see small boosts to their bulk, characters like Hawkeye, Lucas, Adult Tiki, etc. will see zero benefit to a majority of their matchups.

Reason to implement Stalwart Def/Res- Fortress Def/Res but -Spd instead. Or, Trick Room, that'd really break things, albeit in favor of some already quite broken. 

This feature will be much appreciated! Although I personally wish to be able to turn it off with natural 5*s, don't want to see the potentially sad truth of a good summon.

17 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Well, magic users and dragons are generally going to see a slight decrease in effectiveness, as Res is the most common bane.

I'm a dragon user so it's going to hit me ^^  But I like this change.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reason to implement Stalwart Def/Res- Fortress Def/Res but -Spd instead. Or, Trick Room, that'd really break things, albeit in favor of some already quite broken. 

It could be really cool! But it would impact the meta really hard ^^

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Perhaps they're trying to not get people to quit by listening to demand. I recall the nature system being questioned during 2017's interview. It's something they were looking into... nearly 1 and a half years later we're at this moment. 

Now if only we can get skill refinery. It's something they're looking into... and we get it in 2021.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Certain characters (especially GHB units), might actually see slight but noticeable power bump because they'll get +1 in potentially 3 useful stats.

Aversa is probably the only character that will really see 3 full stats' worth of benefit because one of those 3 stats is always going to be HP, and +1 HP rarely makes a sizable difference unless the unit has a skill that compares HP.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

The units I see being hit hardest are the ones that relied on HP flaws to use Ardent Sacrifice to activate Desperation, as niche as the strategy is nowadays. Unit that rely on Spd flaws see minimal benefit or minimal hindrance, but units that rely on HP flaws lose functionality entirely.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Technology is irrelevant. The technology to start fires was created thousands of years ago, but you don't see cell phones with built-in lighters because the functionality is deemed unnecessary.

The ability to see a unit's asset and flaw has so far been similarly unnecessary for the game's mechanics to function in the eyes of the average player and therefore hasn't needed to be prioritized for implementation.

On a similar note, Pokémon has had a mechanic where opponents defeated resulted in boosts to a character's stats since the first game (the current mechanic is known as "effort values" by the community), but the ability to see those boosts wasn't made possible for almost 18 years with the official statement as to why being cited as it being immersion-breaking, seeing characters as piles of engineerable stats instead of as living creatures.

It's not technology that determines whether we get these decisions regarding the games' UI.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Because it isn't necessary. Until the upcoming update, it would only have been a quality-of-life improvement, which by definition isn't necessary.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The ability to see a unit's asset and flaw has so far been similarly unnecessary for the game's mechanics to function in the eyes of the average player and therefore hasn't needed to be prioritized for implementation.

I guess we just disagree here.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I guess we just disagree here.

It's something a casual player doesn't need to know since it really only matters when optimizing, just like how growth rates are hidden in every Fire Emblem title.

With the change to merging, seeing the extra points going to an arbitrary and seemingly random stat can easily be confusing to a player.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's something a casual player doesn't need to know since it really only matters when optimizing, just like how growth rates are hidden in every Fire Emblem title.

With the change to merging, seeing the extra points going to an arbitrary and seemingly random stat can easily be confusing to a player.

So players who prefer to optimize and all don't matter? Also, in other FE titles, summoning more units doesn't exist, so you literally cannot control your units' stats. In Heroes, you can summon more copies in hopes that you get the IVs you want, just like in Pokemon you can catch as many of the same Pokemon as you want to look for the right nature and stuff. So being able to see the asset and flaw in game is absolutely necessary and helpful in this case. It greatly helps those players who optimize.

What percentage of people play FEH, but don't know about natures?  There's super optimizing and then there's just getting to know basic game mechanics.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So players who prefer to optimize and all don't matter? Also, in other FE titles, summoning more units doesn't exist, so you literally cannot control your units' stats. In Heroes, you can summon more copies in hopes that you get the IVs you want, just like in Pokemon you can catch as many of the same Pokemon as you want to look for the right nature and stuff. So being able to see the asset and flaw in game is absolutely necessary and helpful in this case. It greatly helps those players who optimize.

It's not that they don't matter, but if they wanted to optimize, then they had to search by themselves. Getting more power by learning isn't a bad thing in my opinion.

The fact that we will have an option to see IVs is helpful, but it was really not necessary because if you can find what IVS your unit have without that help.

Edited by Drakhis

2 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

It's not that they don't matter, but if they wanted to optimize, then they had to search by themselves. Getting more power by learning isn't a bad thing in my opinion.

Which isn't as easy as being able to see the asset and flaw on screen.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Which isn't as easy as being able to see the asset and flaw on screen.

This is exactly why I think that it's great. Because it's harder. Optimizing is harder, but you get rewarded by doing it.

Edited by Drakhis